Thread Rating:
  • 34 Votes - 4.12 Average

Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #187 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

a) I'm a sophomore? I skipped a grade.
b) Though AP Lang is a junior class, I am a year ahead in English and 2 in Math, so I am taking AP Lang and AP Calculus AB.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Feb 16 2012 08:50 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Synth

Kyūkyoku no gādian
Anniversary Face 2012Beafowl Face

Oh my, We had this concert at our school. If you know what "discombobulate" mean, then you know that my ears rang after the concert. (ITS STILL HURTS)

anyways, the concert was for new band equipment, the teachers rock n' roll, but they cut it (which made us go BOOO!). the school's band played good, plus we had a special guest.

now, All i need to worry about is family day...

[Image: avatar_28242.png?dateline=1399707494]
Follow the White Rabbit
Follow me on Twitter: @SynthGraphics
Some stuff! (Click to View)
Feb 17 2012 05:54 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Fire Wyrm

DaFiyahWurm

Pokemon TCG rants of the month

During a tournamet last week, I was playing my league leader. She drew her last card in her deck, then an RDL comes out of freaking nowhere like a freaking ninja and murders my Reshiram EX for her last 3 prizes..... AND DONKS ME OUT OF TOP CUT!!!!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I plan on trading my bottom half in the future.

Ragepulling a non-FA Mewtwo EX (Used to be an $80 card) to find out that the price dropped $35...
WHYYYYYYYYYYY!

Winning against the #1 junior in rockville in Cities(Who is also my friend) and then losing to a person playing a theme deck in the same Cities.....
It made me look like an idiot.

[Image: TFWSIGUPDTSHD-1.png]
l Poke-Fusion Lab l
"The stupid don't want to be idiots, but the idiots want to be stupid"- TFW
Feb 18 2012 05:02 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user

I wish I had a cool middle initial. Y'know, like Vivica A. Fox. I mean, she's not just Vivica Fox, she's Vivica A. Fox! Wink

[Image: CardFightVanguardSignature-EmbodimentofV...-01-03.jpg]

The corner's a good place to find out who your real friends are.
Feb 18 2012 05:59 PM
Nano

Would you kindly
BeyRank: #413 (1,147)
Silver FaceDJ FaceAquila FaceAmber FaceThunder Dragon FaceLibra FaceGold FaceEmerald Face

(Feb 18 2012 05:02 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote:  Pokemon TCG rants of the month

During a tournamet last week, I was playing my league leader. She drew her last card in her deck, then an RDL comes out of freaking nowhere like a freaking ninja and murders my Reshiram EX for her last 3 prizes..... AND DONKS ME OUT OF TOP CUT!!!!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Ragepulling a non-FA Mewtwo EX (Used to be an $80 card) to find out that the price dropped $35...
WHYYYYYYYYYYY!

Winning against the #1 junior in rockville in Cities(Who is also my friend) and then losing to a person playing a theme deck in the same Cities.....

At a pre-release a few weeks ago, my league leader's brother pulled a non FA Mewtwo EX, and sold it for $75.
He then pulled a FA one the next week, at the one I went to, and sold it for $65.
There was a girl at that one too that pulled on, and sold it for $80.
Oh eBay, you troll us too much.

I sold an Arceus set (all types, 4 EX's) for $25, and $5 shipping. That made me happy.

I plan on making a water type deck running vanilluse. 60+ for one water, two colorless is nice.
Not to mention it's Ability.

Today at league, this 7th grader comes in for the first time, and buys a Team Rocket shirt, dogtag, and pin.
He's gonna go somewhere, trust me ;D

I really want to go to the state tournament in March. That way I can get some Champion Points, and maybe in the near future, get invited to Worlds, like this 7th grader at my league.

My league leader runs pretty much all of the DS tournaments on the west coast. He's getting to go to the Regional one in California, for free. Just because he does the DS tournaments. He also does the Washington one, and of course, Oregon.

Let me put it this way; Oregon's the best state when it comes to Pokemon, hands down.
We've broken records for the biggest tournaments here, and let me tell you, they're huge.

[Image: tumblr_m9a6eqNYze1qfqgb9o1_500.gif]
Feb 19 2012 02:41 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jaygrazer

dat gundam yo
Rose Gold FacePassport Face

Learning Japanese... So far, it's pretty easy, that is, at least saying the words (PHONETIC SPELLING FTW). I'm watching this guy's videos, their alright, #3 is where I learn what the heck all this ka sa shi stuff means.

But hey! At least the English vowels are in Japaneese Eee
Feb 19 2012 04:45 AM
Nano

Would you kindly
Silver FaceDJ FaceAquila FaceAmber FaceThunder Dragon FaceLibra FaceGold FaceEmerald Face

(Feb 19 2012 04:45 AM)Jaygrazer Wrote:  Learning Japanese... So far, it's pretty easy, that is, at least saying the words (PHONETIC SPELLING FTW). I'm watching this guy's videos, their alright, #3 is where I learn what the heck all this ka sa shi stuff means.

But hey! At least the English vowels are in Japaneese Eee

あなた の おなまえ は なん です か?
あなた は なんさい です か?
あなた は どこ の か たです か
おすし は おいし です か?

I'm taking first year Japanese at school. I'm one of the top students, and I'm only ha freshman, haha Tongue_out
It's really fun, too. I really enjoy it.

Feb 19 2012 07:13 AM
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

I went to go see the second Ghost Rider movie tonight in 3D..
I'm starting to like 3D in general, I've now seen a more up to date 3D movie, and my 3DS is definitely a big part, haha.

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Feb 19 2012 07:16 AM
Spdshadow

Back with a Bang
Rose Gold Face

So...how WAS the movie? Anyway, I'm really interested to learn Japanese and maybe I can start on it next time or as soon as i master Chinese first

[Image: powerangeryan.png]

Credits to Sparta! Visit Sparta and Coasters'r'us sig shop today for free sigs , all done on time! Grin
I'm the dragon type gym leader of the Wi-Fi league!
Feb 19 2012 07:45 AM
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

It somewhat intertwined with the original movie. I watched it in 3D, it was impressive, but not the BEST 3D I've ever seen. (Terminator 3D in Orlando Studios Wink ) I liked it.
I'd say more about the movie, but I'd give it all away.

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Feb 19 2012 07:52 AM
Synth

Kyūkyoku no gādian
Anniversary Face 2012Beafowl Face

I was actually surprised that there was gonna be a ghost rider movie... it actually surprised me.

yeah, or maybe you can put it on a spoiler or something

[Image: avatar_28242.png?dateline=1399707494]
Follow the White Rabbit
Follow me on Twitter: @SynthGraphics
Some stuff! (Click to View)
Feb 19 2012 11:40 AM
DefStamina88

I am randomosity.
BeyRank: #108 (1,320)
DJ FaceEmerald FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceGold FaceSapphire FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceRuby FaceBeelzeb FaceKronos FaceCyber Pegasis FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IIICrown FaceCancer FaceUnicorno FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAverazer FaceSerpent FaceEterner FaceAmber FaceSilver FaceByxis FaceSagittario FaceFace of RevolutionOnyx FaceEonis FaceCancer FaceBeafowl FaceUranus FaceCounter Leone FaceNemesis FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceAnniversary Face 2013Passport Face500 FaceBegirados FaceIfraid FaceGirago FaceWhiger Face

I'm more surprised that they're bringing out a movie for "The Lorax". There it goes, another Dr. Seuss book hits the big screen...

[Image: 10vKz.jpeg]

Miles "Tails" Prower rated up this user.
I'm getting the deluxe treatment here! Cake, Ice cream, and best of all, Mint Candy! Also, no more cage! Yay! Def is mah best friend nao. Grin
Feb 19 2012 02:38 PM
The Fire Wyrm

DaFiyahWurm
(This post was last modified: Feb 20 2012 12:41 AM by The Fire Wyrm.)
(Feb 19 2012 02:41 AM)Nano Wrote:  
(Feb 18 2012 05:02 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote:  Pokemon TCG rants of the month

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

WHYYYYYYYYYYY!

Winning against the #1 SENIOR in rockville in Cities(Who is also my friend) and then losing to a person playing a theme deck in the same Cities.....

At a pre-release a few weeks ago, my league leader's brother pulled a non FA Mewtwo EX, and sold it for $75.
He then pulled a FA one the next week, at the one I went to, and sold it for $65.
There was a girl at that one too that pulled on, and sold it for $80.
Oh eBay, you troll us too much.

I sold an Arceus set (all types, 4 EX's) for $25, and $5 shipping. That made me happy.

I plan on making a water type deck running vanilluse. 60+ for one water, two colorless is nice.
Not to mention it's Ability.

Today at league, this 7th grader comes in for the first time, and buys a Team Rocket shirt, dogtag, and pin.
He's gonna go somewhere, trust me ;D

I really want to go to the state tournament in March. That way I can get some Champion Points, and maybe in the near future, get invited to Worlds, like this 7th grader at my league.

My league leader runs pretty much all of the DS tournaments on the west coast. He's getting to go to the Regional one in California, for free. Just because he does the DS tournaments. He also does the Washington one, and of course, Oregon.

Let me put it this way; Oregon's the best state when it comes to Pokemon, hands down.
We've broken records for the biggest tournaments here, and let me tell you, they're huge.

Oh god, I just realized I typed junior... I meant senior LOL.
I run one of the most unique decks in my city, Its Reshiram EX Audino EP Darmanitan ND and Refliptini NV. Ive done over 1000 damage with the Audino. Grin

[Image: TFWSIGUPDTSHD-1.png]
l Poke-Fusion Lab l
"The stupid don't want to be idiots, but the idiots want to be stupid"- TFW
Feb 20 2012 12:40 AM
Hov

Jon™
BeyRank: #71 (1,374)
Bronze FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IISagittario FaceEmerald FaceDranzer FaceAntique FaceCancer FaceGill FaceWolborg FaceSapphire FaceBeafowl FaceSusanow FaceSilver FacePassport Face
(This post was last modified: Feb 20 2012 01:32 PM by Hov.)
You know watching YuGiOh 5D in Japanese dub makes the anime 10x cooler! The Japanese version is more dramatic exicting fun and better music! English dub does suck tho =\. I mean, English voice is just corny tbh. Thank Goodness for internet. I like it all now but Zexal is just disappointing. A storyline full of little kids in middle school. But the reason I keep watching it is because Kaito is badass, I still want to find out his background tho. Wish he was the main char. . . .

Click here for the most classic thread on WBO of all time. Enjoy!

Strive for greatness.
Feb 20 2012 01:34 AM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
BeyRank: #1,040 (1,048)
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

That's how I feel about most english dubs. there are some english dubs like cowboy bebop and samurai champloo that keeps faithful to the style of the anime. anime geared towards for kids and teens tend to have bad voice acting in tthe ears of older anime fans. funimation has its mix of good and bad dubs, so you can't really hate on them that much.

[Image: toyroomsossmackjeevesba.png]
DeviantArt | YouTube
(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻ (°ω°) - Please gobble me kindly.
Quote of the moment:
"You were once an enemy to these men. You were ruthless. You were a survivor."
"I was a different person."
"No...you were a soldier."
"You say that like they're two different things."
"When a TRUE soldier's told to kill, he kills. He does not question why. He does not mourn the fallen. He fulfills his role and moves on to the next."
"Is that what you want to be? A TRUE soldier?"
"No. That is what I am!"

-It's a battle of wits and of the mind in the showdown of Agent Washington and Locus. Red vs Blue: Season 12, Episode 18-
Feb 20 2012 04:24 AM
Nano

Would you kindly

(Feb 20 2012 12:40 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote:  Oh god, I just realized I typed junior... I meant senior LOL.
I run one of the most unique decks in my city, Its Reshiram EX Audino EP Darmanitan ND and Refliptini NV. Ive done over 1000 damage with the Audino. Grin

I'm running a simple Feraligatr/Feraligatr Prime and Vanilluxe deck. I just need to buy a few energies to finish it, then test it next week.
Found my old Legend deck, thankfully. It had four sets of legends in it.
I also gotta EV train a team for tournaments.

I have a Team Rocket shirt, dogtag, and pin. I just need some Team Rocket dice, and maybe a hat too...
Oh, all are made and sold by my league leader. He also has a nice button up shirt that's black and red, and has a big black R on the back, a little sewn black R on the front, and under it, it says Visitor.
I want one like that, but it costs like $60 all together.

Feb 20 2012 04:54 AM
th!nk

rip in peace
BeyRank: #430 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face
(This post was last modified: Feb 20 2012 11:26 AM by th!nk.)
I've been much less active the last 3 or so days, idk if you guys noticed. Anyway, I was busy at a seminar learning music in its entirety. And I did and it was probably the single most amazing experience of my entire life.

If you ever wanted/failed/tried/succeeded at music, guys, even considered touching an instrument one day ever, I'm telling you, go to this seminar if it ever comes near you, no matter WHAT your skill level, no matter how little sense it makes, honestly, the less you know the less there is to UN-LEARN: http://www.understandingmusicseminar.com.au/

I went to this three day seminar, no idea how to read music, no idea what a circle of fifths was supposed to be, no idea how to work out scales or chords. Most of it was cleared up in a few minutes once the guy (Duncan Lorien) had explained that we have to stop trying to make sense of one of the most ridiculous systems on Earth.

No matter what your skill level, I'm not even advertising here, I get nothing if one of you goes to this seminar other than the message you'd send me afterwards to say "thanks th!nk i can play Bach after 3 days" (aint kidding, I played a little Bach yesterday), which is plenty.

It's so hard to try and explain just how amazing this seminar is, three days and I GET EVERYTHING EVER. Like, don't miss out, it's life-changing stuff.

My only regret is that I was too sceptical to go last year. Every word on that feedback page is true, and it's worth every cent you will pay (and Perth is like, the most expensive seminar they run because everything here costs double).

This Duncan Lorien guy is basically the "mystical music-teaching fairy". I swear, no mere mortal could teach me to read music in under a day, given I'd tried for 2.5 months and then given up.

It's so hard to explain without you guys having been there without sounding like a shill, but just DON'T miss the chance, ever. He travels the world doing this stuff 8 months out of the year, so odds are he'll end up somewhere near you.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Signature for Archival Purposes/Some still-relevant links etc (Click to View)
Feb 20 2012 10:32 AM
Primal

Dragooon Rage
BeyRank: #163 (1,272)
Rose Gold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceUnicorno FaceWolborg FaceAquila FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSerpent FaceKronos FaceOrion FaceBeelzeb FaceHoruseus FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceCygnus FaceCrown FaceGold FaceSerpent FaceNemesis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Escolpio Face

If the iPhone had a screencap feature where you could take video of what's on the screen, it'd be really cool. I'm about to download the Pokemon Yellow app, and it'd be fun to do a Let's Play/walkthrough of it that way.
Too bad it's not actually Pokemon Yellow.

Feb 20 2012 05:22 PM

Speaking of music, I had a Reggae project to do for 2 weeks, just putting the finishing touches onto it now.
Feb 20 2012 07:02 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala
Antique FaceLapis Lazuli Face

I really want to get these shoes

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/product...t-mens.htm

I saw Ghost Nappa got them, I looked into them, watched videos and stuff, and I really really really want to get them. I looked to find a store near me and next time I go anywhere near there I'm going to go try them on (aka buy them Wink). I want the yellow ones.
Feb 21 2012 01:01 AM