worst song you've ever heard?

Speaking of rap...I hate rap. Sorry but like Shido-kun said, every music with rap always sound the same nowadays. Here is a list of reasons why I hate rap music (especially modern ones):
* They all nearly sound the same.
* They don't really have good lyrics. They are always violent, swearing and mostly have sexual contents (I know not all raps have that but most do).
* I know its rap but they always sing so fast that I can't even understand them...but why should I care?
* Its so abundant nowadays and they are always the same horrible carp.

And I have NO idea how people can still acknowledge every rap as different from each other when really they have very minor differences, it makes the Call Of Duty series look more different from each other. I also don't know how people can say rap "revolutionized the music industry" (at least thats what I think my friends told me anyway) when it really didn't in my opinion. Rap is boring, nuff said.
People say rap revolutionized the music industry? If by revolutionized they mean ruined. I agree with your points, even if they are kinda general. But how else can you judge a genre?
Rap, techno, and whatever these "popular" songs nowadays are grouped into.

On another note, I utterly despise the song "Best Day of My Life."
That stupid intro with that annoying guitar/banjo thing just pisses me of, and the vocals almost sound whiny. Not to mention, how the heck do they even know it's gonna be the best day of their life? They could fall down a flight of stairs or get run over by a herd of bison.
I bet I'm going to get hated for this but I really, REALLY hated Gangnam Style. It is just about as bad as rap in my opinion. I use to be okay with it but now it became an overrated, unfunny and unnessecarily popular music video. I hate seeing the painful dancing and I also hate seeing people actually dance to it. The music is so annoying and I just hate it in general. I don't know what the appeal is, I'd rather hear Justin Bieber - Baby, Rebecca Black - Friday and Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball than PSY - Gangnam Style.
(Sep. 13, 2014  4:01 PM)Dual Wrote: People say rap revolutionized the music industry? If by revolutionized they mean ruined. I agree with your points, even if they are kinda general. But how else can you judge a genre?
Rap, techno, and whatever these "popular" songs nowadays are grouped into.

On another note, I utterly despise the song "Best Day of My Life."
That stupid intro with that annoying guitar/banjo thing just pisses me of, and the vocals almost sound whiny. Not to mention, how the heck do they even know it's gonna be the best day of their life? They could fall down a flight of stairs or get run over by a herd of bison.

Rap is horrible and to sum it up, the formula goes as replacing "R" with "Cr" from Rap. If it's suppose to be revolutionary then that's not great, SOME Rap music always swears and that's no good for kids, it's overrated and it's like they dropped Poems on the head, not ALL Rap is bad but most are, I prefer older music TBH.
I only listen to music made before 2000 (with some exceptions, ie bands from the 90's continuing to make music past 2000).

And I agree that probably not all rap is bad, but it just don't like the concept of it. No instruments, just a beat and a dude talking fast.
(Sep. 13, 2014  5:53 PM)Dual Wrote: I only listen to music made before 2000 (with some exceptions, ie bands from the 90's continuing to make music past 2000).

And I agree that probably not all rap is bad, but it just don't like the concept of it. No instruments, just a beat and a dude talking fast.
There are musics I like in 2000's, and some happen to be my favourites, I just prefer most songs in 80's or 90's, my worst song isn't "Baby" by Justin Bieber, it's honestly NOT that bad, the "Dream" song from Sharkboy and Lavagirl is far beyond worse and is one of the worst songs ever!

My least favourite song from an actual singer/band? In not sure yet and I will have to look through any songs I heard.
(Sep. 12, 2014  2:51 AM)LMAO Wrote: Rap is good, the rap you guys are talking about is the mainstream rap that plays 24/7 everywhere.

Forever sucked long before now it sounds much better Serious

Hear this man out. A lot, and I mean A LOT of rap you'll hear out there will sound like garbage, and that's a given. But there is some good rap out there, and I'm not just talking about songs that you "don't mind" or are "okay". Even for those who don't listen to rap whatsoever, you'll find something to enjoy, whether it be the music or the lyrics.

Coming from a die-hard heavy metal/punk rock fan, I can honestly say that songs like this made me give rap a chance and I didn't regret it.
In the end, it's still a poem with a beat, and that's the main reason I don't like rap.
I don't really like rape either. Everything Dual said is pretty much everything I would of said. I just think today's music is about money. Old music had love.
@[Raijin] Good song. My girlfriend likes Nujabes.
There's some good hip-hop/rap out there, you just need to know where to find it. The stuff they play on the radio these days is just noise.
(Sep. 14, 2014  9:48 PM)Dual Wrote: In the end, it's still a poem with a beat, and that's the main reason I don't like rap.

On paper, a poem with a beat sounds simple. To write poetry to fit music is a lot harder than it sounds. There is something in rap called delivery (I learned this recently), and a lot of popular rappers today don't have this. Writing a poem is hard enough, but to write words in such a way that they fit the rhythm of the music well whilst keeping their complexity is a work of art in itself, and one that deserves a great amount of credit.
You know what deserves more credit? Writing lyrics, then writing a beat, then writing at least one or two other tracks for guitars, basses, pianos, etc. then actually playing these parts while singing.
To each, their own, I suppose, but it's undeniable that the quality of music in general has dropped, regardless of genre, and the genres that require a great amount of effort and musical talent are being overshadowed by those that do not. While techno and other computer-generated types of music (DnB, dubstep, etc.), I will agree, come mostly as one of the mainstream poisons in music, I'd urge you not to mistake rap as one of them. I can understand if words being spoken rather than sung and music mixed rather than played is not to your taste, but you must realise that even mainstream rock groups overshadow the more obscure, talented ones, just as mainstream rappers overshadow the truly talented ones. At the end of the day, underground rappers and DJ's are on the same boat as other underrated musicians.
(Sep. 11, 2014  1:32 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2014  11:28 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: You have to elaborate why..
My currently hated song that I'm not sure of the exact name is "I'm so fancy." Most conceited and pretentious song I've ever heard.

It's called "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea. I know what you mean though, I hate it as well.

My whole school seems to love it. I also hate the song "Turn down for what". It's just soooooooooooo bad.

OH MY GOD I can't stand "Fancy". That is one of those annoying songs that gets stuck in your head all day...But not in a good way. Turn down for what is also pretty bad. In fact, Rap music now sucks so much and it makes me so mad that every new pop song that comes out HAS to have a rap section in it.
Rap aint like it was in the 90s. Then again it had real meaning to it back then. Modern rap sucks, old rap is awesome. Now it's literally a no-talent holding a self aware argument to a beat ripped off of some 70s music.
(Sep. 21, 2014  2:50 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Rap aint like it was in the 90s. Then again it had real meaning to it back then. Modern rap sucks, old rap is awesome. Now it's literally a no-talent holding a self aware argument to a beat ripped off of some 70s music.
yep,older rap is better IMO,the same with most of the other songs today,they don't have much of a "meaning" anymore (not counting anime songs)
Anaconda - Nicki Minaj
(WARNING: 17+)

GETTT IITTTT OUTT OFF MYYY HEEEAADDDDDD!!!

(Sep. 21, 2014  2:50 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Rap aint like it was in the 90s. Then again it had real meaning to it back then. Modern rap sucks, old rap is awesome. Now it's literally a no-talent holding a self aware argument to a beat ripped off of some 70s music.

To answer why that is:
The media branch of the "Illuminati" have taken the music industry and turned it around to make us do what they want. Example: Why was 90's rap good? It was mostly about revolution and real struggles. Why does modern rap suck? Because it tells us to love drug money(the root of all evil), party it up too much, and to be ok with all the carp we've created on earth and live with no friends.
#realtalk #part1
(Oct. 07, 2014  5:47 AM)BBXcessive Wrote: Anaconda - Nicki Minaj

The first time I heard it (and watched) on Youtube, i thought it was rubbish. Then it slowly began to grow on me then turned into my favourite song for a while XD

I like it now, but i think the part that makes it so popular is the line from Baby Got Back.
oh gaawwddd lol noooo! save yourself! Pinching_eyes_2
well to be honest, an even worse song is Superstar by Toybox.

jeez...
***** you guessed it- OG Maco

A certain part of the song was popular for a short period on social media. This song makes every song in its genre look bad.
I hate Blurred Lines so much! I know and don't care if a lot of people liked it, I just hate it so much! It is the worst song I have ever heard! Why?
• It is very silent which isn't a bad thing with other songs because they usually work but this song does not express it's 'crazy' lyrics well with silence.
• The lyrics are not funny, they are stupid and flat. They try using (s and e)x jokes and references I think in attempts to be funny and catchy (I'm not sure nor do I care, the song is carp). The lyrics are also forgettable and uncatchy.
• That awful high pitch voice when it is sung... at least for a man anyway.
• Part of the lyrics have "But, your an animal. Baby, it's in your nature" and that concerns me because that was suppose to be about women which sounds like they're calling women 'animals'. I know it isn't suppose to be taken seriously but that part of the lyrics just sounded wrong to me (And I'm a girl too)
• The background music is a streaming pile of...poop. Very boring to listen to and it feels almost non-existent to me. It is also very quiet which sucks.
• The 'Hey hey hey' thing annoys me.
• The clips look stupid. It is just men with women wrapped around them s(e and x)ually and it looks silly and there is way too much male gaze.

This song is far worse than Baby (Justin Bieber), Friday (Rebbeca Black) or Cheeky Song (Cheeky Girls) because at least they were interestingly bad and were guilty pleasures (for me anyway). This song is so bad that I just cringe just sitting here thinking about the song and even the name of the song.
Unfortunately, most songs nowadays objectify women, heck, even women write songs objectifying women. It's really sad that that's what people have to do to sell songs.

And I agree, Blurred Lines was awful.
(Feb. 25, 2015  6:26 AM)Dual Wrote: Unfortunately, most songs nowadays objectify women, heck, even women write songs objectifying women. It's really sad that that's what people have to do to sell songs.

And I agree, Blurred Lines was awful.

For whatever reason my mom loves Blurred Lines, i have no idea why.

my worst song? Um... in recent memory, that one rap song, can not remember what it was called, but it had a part that went
Uptown Funk? That wasn't a rap song at all lol
Oh God, someone was playing that song. It's so...dumb. What are they even saying? I couldn't really tell, but it sounded like none sense with an instrumental track.