lui is NOT a villain OR A JERK!

Since people have began giving their opinions I’ll just give mine. In short, no, Lui is technically not a villain (rather an antagonist) by definition, but he is most definitely a jerk. Antagonizing Shu for no reason other than personal satisfaction and general lack of respect is pretty much the definition of a jerk. It’s not just Shu either, his teammates, Valt and pretty much everyone around him seems to either be a target or another person he treats poorly. Over time Lui definitely seems to grow more respectful as he learns the importance of treating others with respect and being nicer (or as nice as Lui gets which probably doesn’t really count as “nice”). He still doesn’t really acknowledge friendship but he’s more of an average rude guy/antihero as opposed to an obnoxious and uncaring brat.
I agree he isn't a villain, but I do think he's a jerk.
(Nov. 27, 2020  2:13 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I agree he isn't a villain, but I do think he's a jerk.

Yeah. He just pushes people who he thinks are weak out of his life, breaks beys, laughs at peoples pain, and wants to be mean to people. Not a villain at all. Just a jerk lol
(Nov. 27, 2020  9:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Since people have began giving their opinions I’ll just give mine. In short, no, Lui is technically not a villain (rather an antagonist) by definition, but he is most definitely a jerk. Antagonizing Shu for no reason other than personal satisfaction and general lack of respect is pretty much the definition of a jerk. It’s not just Shu either, his teammates, Valt and pretty much everyone around him seems to either be a target or another person he treats poorly. Over time Lui definitely seems to grow more respectful as he learns the importance of treating others with respect and being nicer (or as nice as Lui gets which probably doesn’t really count as “nice”). He still doesn’t really acknowledge friendship but he’s more of an average rude guy/antihero as opposed to an obnoxious and uncaring brat.

I agree

This is a jerk
(Sep. 25, 2021  7:39 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  2:13 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I agree he isn't a villain, but I do think he's a jerk.

Yeah. He just pushes people who he thinks are weak out of his life, breaks beys, laughs at peoples pain, and wants to be mean to people. Not a villain at all. Just a jerk lol
To me, he was more like that in s1-2. Past that his personality has changed and I think he's more willing to let others in.
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:07 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  7:39 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah. He just pushes people who he thinks are weak out of his life, breaks beys, laughs at peoples pain, and wants to be mean to people. Not a villain at all. Just a jerk lol
To me, he was more like that in s1-2. Past that his personality has changed and I think he's more willing to let others in.

That’s true. He’s a nice guy in sparking and turbo. We don’t talk about Gt though…. And In dB he’s kinda like in turbo but better
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:07 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: To me, he was more like that in s1-2. Past that his personality has changed and I think he's more willing to let others in.

That’s true. He’s a nice guy in sparking and turbo. We don’t talk about Gt though…. And In dB he’s kinda like in turbo but better

He's still that serious blader, who'll find stronger bladers interesting. But his personality changed drastically which im grateful for. For example seeing him paired up with drum was entertaining to watch.
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:12 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: That’s true. He’s a nice guy in sparking and turbo. We don’t talk about Gt though…. And In dB he’s kinda like in turbo but better

He's still that serious blader, who'll find stronger bladers interesting. But his personality changed drastically which im grateful for. For example seeing him paired up with drum was entertaining to watch.

Yeah Lui and drum were made for eachother.
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:18 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  8:12 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: He's still that serious blader, who'll find stronger bladers interesting. But his personality changed drastically which im grateful for. For example seeing him paired up with drum was entertaining to watch.

Yeah Lui and drum were made for eachother.
~Post Deleted~
Lui and Drum were an amazing pair in the Tag Tournament, i loved their interactions and it really does just show how much Lui has grown since Season 1. In all honesty, i would not complain if we got a spin off that starred Lui and Drum as the main characters
Now that Burst progressed on, Id like to admit that I enjoy Lui’s subtle growth. I noted awhile back that he is definitely not a “villain” (since that word exaggerates who he really is), but instead he is definitely a jerk for reasons we know why. But again, I enjoy his subtle growth. Im not sure if anyone noticed but as the seasons go on, it appears that Lui became somewhat more mellow and not as much of an arrogant brat he once was
(Jan. 05, 2018  11:23 AM)BladerJakob Wrote: i noticed that ever since storm spriggan broke EVERYONE kept blaming lui,BUT, lui is not the cause for this. he did not even EXPECT spriggan to break, even HE was shocked. so that incident was NOT INTENTIONAL!

ANOTHER THING. he is not the villain. he has EVERY right to win just like everybody else. he just LOOKS LIKE a villain because he takes beyblade very seriously.

AND ALSO, SHU SHOULD BE THE VILLAIN! HE GAVE UP ON HIS FRIENDS JUST TO GET STRONGER. NOW THATS TAKING IT TOO FAR!
 LAY OF LUI! HE DOES NOT HAVE ANY FAULT HERE!

#LUI IS BETTER THAN SHU!

SPREAD THE WORD!

ps:im not mad ,im just trying to prove a point.

same thing with hyde he is not evil or really a villian, people just think that because he gives off a scary vibe, lives in a scary castle, and has a twin who destroys beyblades. Lui is not a villain either I agree with your points
(Sep. 25, 2021  7:48 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2020  9:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Since people have began giving their opinions I’ll just give mine. In short, no, Lui is technically not a villain (rather an antagonist) by definition, but he is most definitely a jerk. Antagonizing Shu for no reason other than personal satisfaction and general lack of respect is pretty much the definition of a jerk. It’s not just Shu either, his teammates, Valt and pretty much everyone around him seems to either be a target or another person he treats poorly. Over time Lui definitely seems to grow more respectful as he learns the importance of treating others with respect and being nicer (or as nice as Lui gets which probably doesn’t really count as “nice”). He still doesn’t really acknowledge friendship but he’s more of an average rude guy/antihero as opposed to an obnoxious and uncaring brat.

I agree

This is a jerk

Please don't necropost, especially when the last reply on this pointless thread was almost a year ago...
(Sep. 25, 2021  11:19 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  7:48 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote: I agree

This is a jerk

Please don't necropost, especially when the last reply on this pointless thread was almost a year ago...
I was just posting here cause everyone else was, didnt mean to necropost
(Sep. 25, 2021  11:21 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  11:19 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Please don't necropost, especially when the last reply on this pointless thread was almost a year ago...
I was just posting here cause everyone else was, didnt mean to necropost

Nobody else was posting, you were the first to post. The post before yours was dated November 27th, 2020. There were no other posts between that one and yours.

Edit: Someone on my ignore list might have posted before you did, apologies.
(Sep. 26, 2021  12:14 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  11:21 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote: I was just posting here cause everyone else was, didnt mean to necropost

Nobody else was posting, you were the first to post. The post before yours was dated November 27th, 2020. There were no other posts between that one and yours.

Edit: Someone on my ignore list might have posted before you did, apologies.

Yes someone posted before me, still Sorry for necroposting, i forget to check the dates sometimes
(Sep. 25, 2021  7:39 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

A year has passed since the last post.

Wait a lot of people have necroposted.
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:43 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2021  7:39 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah. He just pushes people who he thinks are weak out of his life, breaks beys, laughs at peoples pain, and wants to be mean to people. Not a villain at all. Just a jerk lol

A year has passed since the last post.

Necroposting is not just when a thread is old, it’s when people post useless things. This is a thread to talk about Lui being a jerk or villain so let us do that.
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:53 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:43 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: A year has passed since the last post.

Necroposting is not just when a thread is old, it’s when people post useless things. This is a thread to talk about Lui being a jerk or villain so let us do that.

But it was to inform people that Lui was not a jerk during 2019, it’s not meant to be continued.
(Sep. 26, 2021  2:07 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2021  1:53 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Necroposting is not just when a thread is old, it’s when people post useless things. This is a thread to talk about Lui being a jerk or villain so let us do that.

But it was to inform people that Lui was not a jerk during 2019, it’s not meant to be continued.

It was not meant to inform people in 2019. Is the beyblade thoughts thread meant to inform people about combos before 2012, or 2020, or 2011? No it was meant to inform people about combos forever. Ok so please stop saying it’s necroposting when we are just talking about lui’s personality.
Ive been on the WBO for at least 3 years and all I can say is that, necroposting is usually excused if you can say something productive and meaningful
Well, shu was a villain for a while, but Valt helped him, and now he helps people be not evil. But, yeah, in the anime, I think Wakiya actually administered the crack, and lots of random, good intentioned bladers made it worse. Also, in the start of DB, valt says something about how the accidents are okay. The Bey-internet does not though. In the manga, I believe they make Lui out to be more of a villain. This is only according to a video I saw to be fair so I don't really know but I believe Lui actually cracked spryzen and then finished it off. Oh, also gave him a scar. In the anime I don't think he's that bad, though.