Mar

geetster99 makes a post [CANCELED]

Roseville, Maryland
SuperStar Card Gaming
7902 Belair Rd
  Enter the store through the double doors on the corner of belair rd and lincoln ave
1:00 PM on 03/28/2020
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

Store fee, please pay the fee before you register

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Host: geetster99

LocationThis event will be held at SuperStar Card Gaming

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45am. If the participant cap has not been met at this time, waitlisted players will be offered a spot. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Due to WBO funds currently being put on hold, prizes will not be offered at this event 

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Very litteral name you have there for the tournament title xD. Looks like I'll be a good time!
Also for those planning on attending we my be hosting a MFB format tournament (Exact format not know as of now) immediately after this one concludes so if you'd be interested please be on the lookout.
(Mar. 01, 2020  3:07 AM)geetster99 Wrote:

Oof. Im getting into MFL.
I better get ready...
Due to reason i will not make it sadly. Hope y'all have a fun time
I am new to the WBO, I plan to attend with my Dad, aside from RSVP do I have to do anything else to register?
(Mar. 02, 2020  4:22 AM)Jmar11 Wrote: I am new to the WBO, I plan to attend with my Dad, aside from RSVP do I have to do anything else to register?

Just check in when you get to the venue and pay the venue fee. This will likely be a 5 round swiss tournament, so win or lose, you will probably be playing at least 4-5 matches. Please expect to stay a few hours.
I have a question for the Burst format, I couldn't find this in the rule book so just so you know. For the formats you have to bring 3 beys to the match but can you repeat parts such as layer bases, weights, or chips?
(Mar. 02, 2020  8:00 PM)DreadAqua Wrote: I have a question for the Burst format, I couldn't find this in the rule book so just so you know. For the formats you have to bring 3 beys to the match but can you repeat parts such as layer bases, weights, or chips?

For Deck format you may not repeat any parts within your deck including the parts you have mentioned. For first stage you may use any number of combos as long as you do not switch mid round
(Mar. 04, 2020  10:30 PM)Mysticblader47 Wrote: Is there tournaments closer to missouri

Mysticblader47 The only way to find out if events are beings planned/happening is to check the upcoming events section on the front page or check to see if there are any threads dedicated to your state/area.

I also see that you have RSVP'd for the event are you actually coming this far for the tournament? If not you should unregister so you are not taking a spot from someone that may want to come that lives in the area

Are there any restrictions on parts I can use for this tournament?
@“DLSblader3” This is a Burst Standard event so nothing is banned
Make sure to bring hand sanitizer. The coronavirus is still a thing.
Which is better Lord Spriggan 00 Bump Bearing or Lord Spriggan 00 Wall Bearing and why
(Mar. 11, 2020  12:16 AM)DLSblader3 Wrote: Which is better Lord Spriggan 00 Bump Bearing or Lord Spriggan 00 Wall Bearing and why

Good question! Go ask it in an appropriate thread, not this one.
(Mar. 11, 2020  12:36 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2020  12:16 AM)DLSblader3 Wrote: Which is better Lord Spriggan 00 Bump Bearing or Lord Spriggan 00 Wall Bearing and why

What would the appropriate thread be?
Beyblade Random Thoughts
Why is the max 25

24 not 25 I'm very confuse by this
Xavier Bogard 24 makes the tournament not too crowded
(Mar. 14, 2020  12:24 AM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: Why is the max 25

Since it’s geetster99’s first tournament (or at least first tournament for awhile, I dunno) the WBO’s rules state that any organizer’s first tournament must have a player cap of 24. Unless there are multiple experienced organizers there also.

Any questions?
(Mar. 15, 2020  1:44 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2020  12:24 AM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: Why is the max 25

Since it’s geetster99’s first tournament (or at least first tournament for awhile, I dunno) the WBO’s rules state that any organizer’s first tournament must have a player cap of 24. Unless there are multiple experienced organizers there also.

Any questions?

There Will be multiple experienced organizers present.

However, every blader tends to bring 2-3 people with them. And Superstar Gaming is a SMALL venue. And we're trying to avoid people getting too close. So, even 24 is probably a lot.