Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Argh...why doesn't anyone use proper spin-stealers or things that would just destroy zombies? Prime example:
Tiger Defenser
Wide Defense
Spiral Change Core
Spiral Change Base

It beats so much more. Still is my main plastic combo. I posted it for a reason you know...
Trust me, some beys are just worth it Cute
Even if everyone says they are bad!
Now back on topic plox Tongue_out
(Jul. 18, 2011  6:20 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  6:09 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  6:01 AM)Kei Wrote: There were some very close calls where I went down 2-0, but somehow I was able to overcome each of those deficits.

Oh. that's just will power.

When I'm down 0-2, I stand up, shake my arms around and my neck to relief the tensions, kiss my bey for good luck, sit back down, 3, 2, 1, go shoot.............and still lose.
The only logical reason behind this is that you don't have as much will power as Kei.
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:07 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Trust me, some beys are just worth it Cute
Even if everyone says they are bad!
Now back on topic plox Tongue_out

But are they worth losing for? M145Q is actually really good with something. I have just the thing. PM me.
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:04 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Argh...why doesn't anyone use proper spin-stealers or things that would just destroy zombies? Prime example:
Tiger Defenser
Wide Defense
Spiral Change Core
Spiral Change Base

It beats so much more. Still is my main plastic combo. I posted it for a reason you know...
Because the colours do not match and everyone should just play attack.
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:04 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Argh...why doesn't anyone use proper spin-stealers or things that would just destroy zombies? Prime example:
Tiger Defenser
Wide Defense
Spiral Change Core
Spiral Change Base

I had it with me, but as I was using the only zombie there, I didn't use it. Maybe it would've given some hope against Driger V2, but yeah.

And I used a traditional zombie, if that counts Tongue_out
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:07 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  6:20 AM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  6:09 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  6:01 AM)Kei Wrote: There were some very close calls where I went down 2-0, but somehow I was able to overcome each of those deficits.

Oh. that's just will power.

When I'm down 0-2, I stand up, shake my arms around and my neck to relief the tensions, kiss my bey for good luck, sit back down, 3, 2, 1, go shoot.............and still lose.
The only logical reason behind this is that you don't have as much will power as Kei.

Obviously he doesn't. When I go down 2-0 my mind just races with the thought of "I CANNOT LOSE 35 BEYPOINTS" (okay not really, but that thought runs through my mind during every match regardless of the score LOL).

(Jul. 18, 2011  7:08 AM)Bluezee Wrote: M145Q is actually really good with something. I have just the thing. PM me.

Serious

Placed third in PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! with:

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)

I ♥ Wolborg 4.

During HMS' NOT DEAD!, I didn't use this combo during the final second/third place match, but I did use it to win at least five matches during the tournament (including two against Deikailo Tongue_out):

AR: Samurai Upper
WD: CWD God Ring
RC: Metal Change Core

I just casually threw it together before one match and then stuck with it for most of my matches during the rest of the tournament after seeing it perform so well. I would call it a Balance combo. Additionally, I (and Crimson) experienced much success with this well-known Wolborg MS-killer:

AR: Metal Ape
RC: Grip Weight Core

... However, I did lose with it due to some unlucky spin direction choices in the final match against Xman8024 for second/third place where he used:

AR: Wolf Crusher
WD: CWD Free Survivor
RC: Bearing Core
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:29 PM)Kei Wrote: I did use it to win at least five matches during the tournament (including two against Deikailo Tongue_out)
You intimidated my launcher.
(Jul. 17, 2011  6:01 AM)Kei Wrote: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 3:
1st: Kei - MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170D/WD/CS/MF
2nd: FlameDragon25 - MF Hell Kerbecs 230D
3rd: ali12345456 - MF Earth Bull 145WD

Second and third place customs may be off slightly. We did the finals in a round robin style with the top players from each block, and I ended up being the clear winner, while both FlameDragon and ali had tied records and played each other for second/third. So, I listed those three customs because those were the variations I used throughout the entire tournament. There were some very close calls where I went down 2-0, but somehow I was able to overcome each of those deficits.
Actually I used mostly MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145WD, the others were MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230D, and MF LDD T125WD/CS/RF.
While Ali used MF Earth Bull 100WD i'm pretty sure since it was much lower than the Kerbec 230.
Off topic but did anyone try using MF Scythe Destroyer BD145CS, even if it isn't legal it's beast and can easily push around a basaltPinching_eyes_2.
(Jul. 19, 2011  2:30 AM)FlameDragon25 Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  6:01 AM)Kei Wrote: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 3:
1st: Kei - MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170D/WD/CS/MF
2nd: FlameDragon25 - MF Hell Kerbecs 230D
3rd: ali12345456 - MF Earth Bull 145WD

Second and third place customs may be off slightly. We did the finals in a round robin style with the top players from each block, and I ended up being the clear winner, while both FlameDragon and ali had tied records and played each other for second/third. So, I listed those three customs because those were the variations I used throughout the entire tournament. There were some very close calls where I went down 2-0, but somehow I was able to overcome each of those deficits.
Actually I used mostly MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145WD, the others were MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230D, and MF LDD T125WD/CS/RF.
While Ali used MF Earth Bull 100WD i'm pretty sure since it was much lower than the Kerbec 230.

Aah, okay, but you did use MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230D in the final match against ali, correct?
I'll correct ali's custom.
In my opinoin Aquario is overrated. I think people to try Cancer/Gasher and Kerbcs. I mean, just try something new. Aquario is the most used CW for stamina and defenseand its getting old. I want to see some Kerbecs. lolsauce. Also Kei, did you bank or just stalled?
Dude, that's totally retarded. Aquario is practically even all the way round, great for any wheel. It was underrated until recently. Kerbecs is only really good on hell and basalt, it messes up the weight distribution of other stamina/defence wheels. This should be obvious from looking at them.
I know im just saying. Aquario os too used. Cancer ftw. I saw my friend at this tourney used mf basalt cancer bd145cs. I know you guys may not believe it but it did lasted longer than aquario. Until he used wack combos later on lol.
In that case, he should've used Kerbecs, oriented correctly.

Basalt isn't the best measure of how good CW's are for stamina because of it's awkward distribution, however, aquario is far better on low track basalt combos (as it helps prevent force smash from taller basalt combo's, which Kerbecs is weak to). Physics wise, it's largely an ideal CW for 2-symmetrical beys (beys that have two even halves), and due to it's roundedness, it's not bad on 3-symmetrical wheels either (Hell etc).
Shizz i posted in the wrong thread. That being said in AUS it is spammed by bulls and kerbecs no Aquarios.
and greenxblader used MF-F Hell Cancer 230CS and it won him all his matches except the finals he used a different combo.
(Jul. 19, 2011  10:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Shizz i posted in the wrong thread. That being said in AUS it is spammed by bulls and kerbecs no Aquarios.
and greenxblader used MF-F Hell Cancer 230CS and it won him all his matches except the finals he used a different combo.
That's a very hold combo, almost any other 230 can beat it.

I used Hell Cancer once in a January tournament, it was great back then.

I was telling everyone to use Cancer on Basalt after the Basalt Cancer 230D thread, greatness again...

But actually, I used cancer because it was pretty, I prefer Kerbecs now.
(Jul. 19, 2011  3:41 AM)® Wrote: Also Kei, did you bank or just stalled?

Are you referring to the combos I used for HPT3? If so, then I did both; my strategy varies depending on the situation.
(Jul. 19, 2011  7:25 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  3:41 AM)® Wrote: Also Kei, did you bank or just stalled?

Are you referring to the combos I used for HPT3? If so, then I did both; my strategy varies depending on the situation.

Ohh ok I see what you mean on depending on the situation lol. Thanks Kei!
(Jul. 19, 2011  2:19 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  10:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Shizz i posted in the wrong thread. That being said in AUS it is spammed by bulls and kerbecs no Aquarios.
That's a very hold combo, almost any other 230 can beat it.

I used Hell Cancer once in a January tournament, it was great back then.

I was telling everyone to use Cancer on Basalt after the Basalt Cancer 230D thread, greatness again...

But actually, I used cancer because it was pretty, I prefer Kerbecs now.
Oh hr used this back in April I think , I just mentioned it cause ® said nobody uses cancer.
scythe kronos 105 XF
(stamina mode)
SOOOOO...the winning combo for today's tournament in NYC was MF-L Scythe Cancer BD145RSF.
For the July Joust, Arupaeo and I used similar combos. We each used variants of Variares BD145. In our last battle together, I switch to CS and he used MF.

In Odin's Rebirth, I used Variares BD145RF in almost every instance.
hahaha, wasn't it you who said VariAres BD145 wasn't a good idea? Or was it someone else?
At Odin's Rebirth I used Basalt Kerbecs 230CS and Big Bang Pegasis BD145RF,BBP BD145RF didn't win all the time though,usually koed its self,and I got second.
Dan: That might've been me, but if so, I was just saying doing initial testing with BD145 wasn't a good idea. Wink