Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Jesse, I used MF-H Duo Cancer TH170CS and MF-H Diablo Kerbecs TH170RDF. Not sure if they should be listed though, since I lost both of my battles with them!

(Mar. 25, 2012  11:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: I heard Pocky actually managed to self-KO with LDD BD145MF. Like, the least self-KO-ing tip in the history of beyblade?
Why isn't there a face for that.

How did you go with variares? What was used in the finals?

Also, Kei: Duo TH170CS? Reallyyyyy? I guess with a largely attack-free metagame but man, eugh.

Yeah, he did lol.

In Stalling Clause, I chose MF-H Diablo Kerbecs TH170RDF and JesseObre chose VariAres. He beat me pretty easily.

I knew what theunderdog was using, that's why I used it. Normally, I would never use that combo, but: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...#pid924389 Confused

I also used MF-H Duo Cancer D125WD for one battle.
Did he get BD145 to scrape or something? I'm not lying when I say MF is the hardest tip to self KO, it clings to the tornado ridge like a baby mammal would its mother.

Yeah, not that keen on Diablo on TH170 to be honest, needs all the weight it can get to counter its aggressive fame and the underside isn't great defensively. I probably would have used BD145R2F against Variares, but then yeah, stalling clause.

What did Jesse and Underdog use?

That explains a lot. It's odd to say this but never try to beat stamina with CS, even if you see it happen, it's really not usual, and I'm still really confused how it happened. Different heights or something? I guess Death did better than my Duo did against my Phantom, but I put it down to death having a grinding effect which shouldn't be an issue in that height matchup... But yeah, man put a D on it.

From what I heard you really gave your Phantom combo a good workout, too?
Also, kinda curious, any reason for Aquario over Cancer on it? I've always found cancer works way better, personally.

Nope, it was pretty smooth suicide.

"David, bank it man!"
-subliminal "O.K"-
>does first flower rotation and straight out of the adjacent exit.. Like RF, but slower. And MF.

MF.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that warrants a face.
I got third in Spring Cherry Blossom Combat so...
The only Combo I really used was MF-L (BB-98 and BB-121 (BB-98 broken Crying) ) MF-L Duo (Stamina Mode) Bull 230 W2D (W2D of Divine Fox RBV 8)
I also used L-drago Guardian D125 LRF and MF-H Duo (Stamina Mode) Kerbecs BD145CS but I lost with both of them.
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:18 AM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, not that keen on Diablo on TH170 to be honest, needs all the weight it can get to counter its aggressive fame and the underside isn't great defensively. I probably would have used BD145R2F against Variares, but then yeah, stalling clause.

What did Jesse and Underdog use?

That explains a lot. It's odd to say this but never try to beat stamina with CS, even if you see it happen, it's really not usual, and I'm still really confused how it happened. Different heights or something? I guess Death did better than my Duo did against my Phantom, but I put it down to death having a grinding effect which shouldn't be an issue in that height matchup... But yeah, man put a D on it.

From what I heard you really gave your Phantom combo a good workout, too?
Also, kinda curious, any reason for Aquario over Cancer on it? I've always found cancer works way better, personally.

Yeah ... I'm not even sure what I was thinking. I was actually about to choose BD145 instead of TH170, but Pocky (the judge) was pressuring me to get my Beyblade ready and was like "BD145RDF doesn't have any stamina" and I said "That's true ... Damnit David, you're making me reconsider now!". So I did, and used TH170 lol. Speechless Would BD145RDF have a chance of KOing something like Death Aquario TH170CS or Basalt 230CS? Because, I was figuring that he would use one of those, or possibly VariAres.

They used what Jesse posted?

The difference seems to have been the MF-H I was using ... Without MF-H, that Duo combo was able to defeat the Scythe custom in the few tests I conducted when I got home.

I've never compared the two, to be honest. I just like the shape of Aquario.
I really doubt it would vs. Death considering from what I've seen, its underside is amazing. Basalt 230CS? Toss up.. Should have gone aggro BD145CS if possible. Would keep you -generally- safe.
RDF, no, R2F, it'd probably do okay, but I'd test it yourself, I don't like using Diablo on my launchers, they're fragile as is. I'm pretty sure it'd kill Basalt, but I'm much less sure on Death.

I mean in their final battle, haha. What did they use against each other Tongue_out

I just tried it myself and my Duo wins that matchup with or without an MF-H, as does Death. Though, I guess with a CS with less stamina you would definitely have trouble with the additional friction MF-H does.

Also, Kronos actually works amazingly well on scythe, it can be a deciding factor in a lot of matchups, so the use of Aquario is kinda odd.
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:56 AM)th!nk Wrote: I mean in their final battle, haha. What did they use against each other Tongue_out

I just tried it myself and my Duo wins that matchup with or without an MF-H, as does Death. Though, I guess with a CS with less stamina you would definitely have trouble with the additional friction MF-H does.

We didn't have a "final battle", per se. The final records in the round robin all clearly defined who was first/second/third, and it was cold/windy/raining (JesseObre's stadium literally almost blew into the lake earlier in the tournament, but it was saved by a metal pole at the last second LOL), so we all wanted to just get it over with and leave haha.

Odd ... In my testing I used a brand new purple CS from RBV6.
Then perhaps it needs to wobble more to be effective and I'm wrong about the CS condition, MF-H does help stability, but shortens overall spin time, so I would then guess that, given scythe usually loses from my battles by scraping. What did you use at the tournament?

Also, tried two things given those three opponents. What I would have used, MF-H Duo Aquario TH170RDF, and MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145R2F (R2F is basically fresh). Just keep in mind these aren't formal tests so yeah.

Duo seems to do well against all of them, but I don't have two TH170's to test, and you'd want a good TH170 Height matchup to beat Death. Same height is dicey, I had to use two 230's, and it was extremely close, but height matchups are usually more important than tips on TH170.

With Diablo, again Death is awkward, and I don't have a good Variares, but it should be more than a safe bet anyway. Against Death it depends on the height of TH170 (as well as your ability to KO with Diablo). If the opponent choses 220, it's a sitting duck, Diablo has a lot of attack on its top side so yeah. 195 is harder but still nothing I can't do and I figure you're going to be at least as good with it as I am, especially as I'm a bit rusty. 170 is significantly harder and is not something I'd want but it's still very winnable if you launch well. Of course, this is a fresh R2F, and it needs all the speed it can get, but it's not at all easy to control.

The other thing I noticed: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS isn't competitive any more.
Also this makes me want to try RB on my Duo TH170CS combo.

Man, are you allowed to do tournaments without proper finals? Seems kinda awkward to me, but I guess as the host didn't win it's not a big deal.

As for the stadium blowing away, I think the real question is: would you, or anyone there, have had the beyspirit to swim for it?
(Mar. 26, 2012  1:18 AM)th!nk Wrote: Then perhaps it needs to wobble more to be effective and I'm wrong about the CS condition, MF-H does help stability, but shortens overall spin time, so I would then guess that, given scythe usually loses from my battles by scraping. What did you use at the tournament?

Also this makes me want to try RB on my Duo TH170CS combo.

I used a somewhat worn blue CS from RBV6 lol. I don't think wobbling helps. When I used the purple one, when it won, it hadn't even really began to wobble.

RB on TH170? I don't like the sounds of that.
I've actually heard it does okay, haha, but yeah, I want to try it for myself. The eventual aggression could be a huge worry though, but that just makes me want to try it more. Perhaps when I get paid.
I read that apparently Ryo used an MF Basalt Aquario 230CS ... That needs confirmation, but it is so cool if it is true.
Apparently he didn't use an MF-H, from what I heard.

It's apparently a fairly popular combination in WBBA countries, anyway, albeit with the MF-H
What was popular recently in Japan was Diablo combinations, but considering that this could not include 4D, I am just glad that their top-tier matches ours so much.
(Mar. 26, 2012  2:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What was popular recently in Japan was Diablo combinations, but considering that this could not include 4D, I am just glad that their top-tier matches ours so much.

Apparently TH170 is barely used in most WBBA countries though, seen as a "losing track", and 230 is preferred. I still can't figure out why, TH170 has always done better for me at everything...
Th!nk, did you even watch the videos Erwin linked us to, that one time? I think that tells you enough about WBBA game.

HEY GUYS I JUST HOTGLUED MY CS TO STADIUMYEEEEEAAHHHHHH SO NOW MF LIGHTNING LDRAGO BD145RF CAN'T WIN!!!
It tells me nothing: TH170 is better than 230 in every conceivable way, from the rather large amount of testing both formal and informal, that I did when I received it.
Sorry, I should have rephrased that:

Weird occurrences do not surprise me after talking with Erwin.

still, HOT GLUE CS BEST IN ALL WBBA, BUY CHEAP: $5
I guess it all boils down back to this topic when it comes to 230 vs TH170
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-TH170-vs-230--41705

Though no matter how I see it, 230 just seems "superior" for me. At least when I used it with TH170, it doesnt give me the "survival" factor. In terms of pure OS matches, unless the guy is hitting me like CRAZY from below, I should be able to OS the opponent.

And guys, lets not forget that his Basalt may not simply be a normal Basalt.
You have to use the right height to make it work, and knowing the right height isn't easy, but a whole lot of that thread does not match anything I've seen, or done competitively.

What I'm saying is: there is absolutely nothing 230 does better, for me, than TH170 given the right height.
(Mar. 26, 2012  1:07 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:56 AM)th!nk Wrote: I mean in their final battle, haha. What did they use against each other Tongue_out

We didn't have a "final battle", per se. The final records in the round robin all clearly defined who was first/second/third, and it was cold/windy/raining (JesseObre's stadium literally almost blew into the lake earlier in the tournament, but it was saved by a metal pole at the last second LOL), so we all wanted to just get it over with and leave haha.

Odd ... In my testing I used a brand new purple CS from RBV6.

I am never going back there again, my jacket also broke what bad luck and my stadium got a little cut

The question still stands:
As for the stadium blowing away, I think the real question is: would you, or anyone there, have had the beyspirit to swim for it?
Of course! They're Canadians. Swimming in icy water for them is like a hot bath for us...
Or Wrestling a crocodile for us Down Undah, so yeah, I guess so.