Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Not sure whether to be more surprised about Basalt 230CS winning, or that Rock suicide combo.. :V

Yeah, seriously, did you even use it or what?
Spiral Grand Prix!

1st. Deikailo: MF-H VariAres BD145R2F, MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145MF, Diablo Pegasis II CH120 RF, MF-F Phantom Orion B:D, MF-H Basalt Hades BD145RDF/TH170D
2nd. Ga'Hooleone: MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS/D, MF-H Basalt Horogium R145RF, MF VariAres CH145RF
3rd. Cye Kinomiya: MF Blitz Unicorno 100R2F, MF-H Phantom Kerbecs TH170WD
Cye's Phantom combo was Th170, not B:D
(Feb. 20, 2012  2:30 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Cye's Phantom combo was Th170, not B:D

He did use that, yes, but he used a B:D at one point too.
I used all of the following: MF-H Basalt Hades BD145RDF, Variares BD145RF, Diablo Pegasis II CH120RF, MF-H Basalt Hades TH170D, MF-F Phantom Orion B:D, and MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145MF

I think this is the most diverse line-up I ever had.
FIGHT CLUB: Beylentine (19th Feb 2012)

1st: Uwik = MF-H Duo Aquario 230 MB / MF-Duo Aquario BD145 MB
2nd: Mtwo = ??? (He can post his own combos here)
3rd: steve2002 = MF-H Diablo Nemesis BD145 MB / MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF
(Feb. 20, 2012  2:04 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2012  1:02 PM)Kaskus Wrote: Bey Bash : From Bey With Love
1st (NoSkillBlader) : MF Death Bull B : D, MF-H Death Bull BD145CS, MF-H VariAres R145RF
2nd (Crimson Bey) : MF-H VariAres R145RF, MF-H Diablo Nemesis BD145MF
3rd (Darrel Lie) : MF-L Basalt Horogium 230CS, MF Rock Horogium BD145WD

LOL how did this win anything with all of these other combos out there?
I even like "BD145 with WD ??? Is that even possible ???" Chocked_2
That combo almost beat NoSkillBlader's MF Death Bull B : D Pinching_eyes
(Feb. 20, 2012  2:05 AM)Dan Wrote: Not sure whether to be more surprised about Basalt 230CS winning, or that Rock suicide combo.. :V

Yeah, seriously, did you even use it or what?
Darrel Lie & Sammy Lie used that weird combo Pinching_eyes
(Feb. 19, 2012  1:02 PM)Kaskus Wrote: Bey Bash : From Bey With Love
1st (NoSkillBlader) : MF Death Bull B : D, MF-H Death Bull BD145CS, MF-H VariAres R145RF
2nd (Crimson Bey) : MF-H VariAres R145RF, MF-H Diablo Nemesis BD145MF
3rd (Darrel Lie) : MF-L Basalt Horogium 230CS, MF Rock Horogium BD145WD

Well some people told it to me that the combo (Rock Horogium BD145WD) had something weird in the Boost disk
(Feb. 20, 2012  5:45 AM)Uwik Wrote: FIGHT CLUB: Beylentine (19th Feb 2012)

1st: Uwik = MF-H Duo Aquario 230 MB / MF-Duo Aquario BD145 MB
2nd: Mtwo = ??? (He can post his own combos here)
3rd: steve2002 = MF-H Diablo Nemesis BD145 MB / MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF

Why MB on duo? Do you have an unusually heavy duo or did you avoid attack opponents or what?
I never used BGrin
(Feb. 20, 2012  10:33 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2012  5:45 AM)Uwik Wrote: FIGHT CLUB: Beylentine (19th Feb 2012)

1st: Uwik = MF-H Duo Aquario 230 MB

Why MB on duo? Do you have an unusually heavy duo or did you avoid attack opponents or what?

Remember LeeDracielz's Phantom trick on a straw? Where it tilted really low? MF-H Duo 230 MB does that while grinding. Also, that time around, there weren't that many attacks, and I managed to avoid the KOs somehow against attackers that I faced.
Ahh, cool. But yeah, just want to make sure people don't use that as a key to start recommending MB on Duo for defense as it don't work too well haha Smile
Oh, Bey Me!

1st- MxGIC (MF-H Duo Bull TH170WD and MF-H Diablo Lynx S130RF)
2nd- Universe² (Diablo Kerbecs TH170RDF and MF-H VariAres R145RF)
3rd- Demon (MF-H Duo Aquario TH170CS)
29 DAYS
1st: FlameDragon25 - MF-H Phantom Bull GB145WD
2nd: Pockyx3 - MF Diablo Aquario BD145EDS, Phantom Orion BD145EDS, Diablo Aquario TH170RF
3rd: JesseObre - Death Aquario TH170CS, VariAres R145RF

FlameDragon literally used the same combo for the entire tournament LOL. Needless to say, he was very lucky in the matches he played against Attack types (he would say it was "skill")!
Phantom Orion BD145EDS.
MF Diablo Aquario BD145EDS.
Last one is correct.

(Feb. 27, 2012  12:58 AM)Kei Wrote: 29 DAYS
1st: FlameDragon25 - Phantom Bull GB145WD
2nd: Pockyx3 - Diablo Aquario BD145EDS, Phantom BD145EDS, Diablo Aquario TH170RF
3rd: JesseObre - Death Aquario TH170CS, VariAres R145RF

FlameDragon literally used the same combo for the entire tournament LOL. Needless to say, he was very lucky in the matches he played against Attack types (he would say it was "skill")!

Not sure on which MFs were used and where they were used, and on the Clear Wheels, so hopefully FlameDragon25, Pockyx3, and JesseObre will see this and clarify. Pockyx3 and JesseObre likely used some other combos too.

Err just MF-H Phantom Bull GB145WD for the whole tourny.
Also it's not skills, I just hacked the game XD.
Btw attack types aren't that hard to beat, you just need to change it's course a bit and it'll run out of the stadium.Tongue_out
How did everyone lose to GB145WD?

Both of JesseObre's combinations (mainly Variares) should laugh at it.

Seriously Canada I am disappoint.

No disrespect flamedragon, haha, GB145WD is jsut my least favourite combination of parts because it sounds good until you realise they work against each other and it's just ugh.
Congratulations for winning with it though, that takes skill AND luck AND opponents who don't know how to RF, in various proportions.

Again, no offense, and congratulations. I'm just anticipating the wave of people telling me GB145WD is good because it won a tourney, and having to explain the physics/science/logic over and over again.
GB145WD..

..why?!
Did you not play attack types with rubber tips or what? Tongue_out
(Feb. 27, 2012  5:46 AM)th!nk Wrote: How did everyone lost to GB145WD?

Both of JesseObre's combinations (mainly Variares) should laugh at it.

Seriously Canada I am disappoint.

No disrespect flamedragon, haha, GB145WD is jsut my least favourite combination of parts because it sounds good until you realise they work against each other and it's just ugh.
Congratulations for winning with it though, that takes skill AND luck AND opponents who don't know how to RF, in various proportions.

Again, no offense, and congratulations. I'm just anticipating the wave of people telling me GB145WD is good because it won a tourney, and having to explain the physics/science/logic over and over again.

It's not that bad, really. I mean, I don't know how many matches I've won with MF-H Phantom Aquario AD145WD throughout my last few tournaments (would probably switch to Duo now) ... you just have to know when/where to use it and it'll outspin pretty much anything if it can stay in the stadium.

JesseObre did play VariAres against it and lost 3-2. Again, obviously there was a lot of luck in there, but there was skill too. Jesse isn't necessarily a "master RF user", but he does use Attack relatively frequently. Sometimes things just don't go your way.

I'm curious though, why is GB145WD apparently so horrible? I've never tested myself. FlameDragon says he finds that it gives his combination "better balance".
That's stamina in a nutshell, though. Phantom isn't a bad wheel, but it doesn't handle attackers at all, even in defensive setups it has trouble if the opponent makes decent contact with either side of its metal wheel.

Yeah, I hear flamedragon did this thing of shooting under attackers? There are ways to avoid that but if you're not expecting it and aren't aware of it (it's a very uncommon, yet rather effective tactic), it's a very difficult thing to counter on the spot.

GB145 reduces precession after balance loss in multiple ways because its balls move freely and because of it's shape. Once you lose stabilty, they roll to whichever side faces down, making it harder for the bey to continue to rotate. It also scrapes at the end of battles, and so on.
A lot of people thought it would be good for precession with the balls and so on, but testing found otherwise.

Still, no one should win a tournament with a single combination, especially something like that.
(Feb. 27, 2012  7:29 AM)th!nk Wrote: A lot of people thought it would be good for precession with the balls and so on, but testing found otherwise.

How drastic was the difference in win rates for GB145WD vs. whatever it was tested against?
I wish I could find that thread... The tests were either done by bluezee OR he commented on them (IIRC the latter). I recall it being very close to no wins for the GB145 combination, but I can't track down the thread.

If I had a working launcher I would do some now (albeit I could only do them with Earth), but I lack a functional right-spin string launcher.
(Feb. 26, 2012  2:00 AM)Primal Wrote: Oh, Bey Me!

1st- MxGIC (MF-H Duo Bull TH170WD and MF-H Diablo Lynx S130RF)
2nd- Universe² (Diablo Kerbecs TH170[?] and some VariAres combo; I'll have to check with him)
3rd- Demon (MF-H Duo Aquario TH170CS)
Diablo Kerbecs TH170RDF (would obviously be better with MF-H, I only had two though, it was probably why I lost TBH :\) and MF-H Variares R145RF.
Kei: I didn't notice until the end of the round because I was too busy with flamedragon and I doing our book competition XD. should study it more next time