Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Sep. 13, 2016  12:34 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2016  12:19 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: it's probably a good thing to have some honorable mentions.

Here are 2 good ones from "Go Shoot First,Ask Questions Later"

Wyvern Ring Defence- BreakDown 4th place
Valkyrie Heavy Yielding- RacingCheetahz 7th place (only in 7th because of tooth wearing)
What's the point of honorable mentions? It's alright to learn what the meta is in an area, but nothing below top 3 really deserves to be in winning combinations. We're here to find out what performed the best, not what got 7th in an 11 person tournament. And as Bey Brad already stated, it isn't to notable considering all the stationary Valkyrie Combos we've seen top.

This one was definitely worth mentioning, though. That Wyvern combo bursted @[Alta] a couple of times and beat my D2GR (even though I had a great deal of mislaunches, lol.) Besides that, idk. Maybe it should be up to the discretion of the host or the person who posted the combos.
Well, if you want to share a custom you think is interesting, there's always the Customizations section ...
(Sep. 12, 2016  8:11 PM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: My V2TX in "Go Shoot First, Ask Questions Later" only won a couple rounds in the tournament. Never won actual battles with that combo. It would have been pretty funny if we all used Deathscyther in the finals but I felt like switching it up and going complete aggro lol.

Ah, that's too bad! Did you play Deathscyther with it? That's definitely a winnable match-up. I've updated the list in ThaKingTai's post so that there's no confusion.
(Sep. 13, 2016  7:54 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2016  8:11 PM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: My V2TX in "Go Shoot First, Ask Questions Later" only won a couple rounds in the tournament. Never won actual battles with that combo. It would have been pretty funny if we all used Deathscyther in the finals but I felt like switching it up and going complete aggro lol.

Ah, that's too bad! Did you play Deathscyther with it? That's definitely a winnable match-up. I've updated the list in ThaKingTai's post so that there's no confusion.

I think I burst Deathscyther only twice; one time it didn't count because my Beyblade was already downed. Other times, I had terrible launches... T____T
(Sep. 13, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you win more than 25% of your matches with Storm Spriggan Oval Quake, I will consider it an honorable mention

@[Bey Brad] Challenge. Accepted.
The Battle Bladers, New Era Begans
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

LTD Winning Combos:-

1st Place:- Harrydestructor
Meteo L-Drago ED145WD
Bakushin Leone LW105RF
Bakushin Leone LW105MF
Earth Aquario 230MB
Meteo L-Drago 230WD [IDK how it can be lel]

2nd Place:- AaryanBITW
BakushinLeone LW105RF
Bakushin Leone LW105MF
Earth Aquario 230MB

3rd Place:- FIREFIRE CPB
MF Pegasis CH120RF
MF Pegasis CH120RB
Bakushin Leone 90RF
Bakushin Leone 90MF [I told it's coming beyhaha]
Burn Cancer LW160PD
Burn Cancer LW160FB
MSF-H Dark Knight Pegasis 90RF

Well other then all my team members [and me], placed lol. We got to battle pretty interesting combos this event. Bakushin Leone did very very well [defended like ULTIMATE BEYTANK] but also KOed stamina and other type sometime. It did everything that a great defence type should do. Super Beyrsatile in other words. Earth 230MB did unexpectedly well [I mean it can OS right spin due to it's a Wobbling Type but due to its height it OSed left spin and powerful attack types due to it's super talli height. Dark Knight. Just a metal face and boom, ultimate attack. though I will still stick to good old Lighting next time as it can be used on CH120 also as it may get banned]

Zero-G Winning Combos
1st Place:- AaryanBITW
Duo Leone 230MB [again that 230MB is dominating lol]
Duo Cancer B:D
Zirago Dragoon SA165BWD
Genbu Genbu SA165BWD

2nd Place:- Disaster
Duo Aquario B:D
MSF-H Zirago Dragoon SA165GF

3rd Place:- Harrydestructor
MSF-H Zirago Dragoon SA165GF
Meteo L-Drago B:D

Well that Duo B:D is really powerful, though it was doing average in free play [and loosing pretty easily to Sway Attack] but with just 1 CW change. It took all 3 places at this event lol [though it still lose to that GF attack if launched correctly and lost to that Genbu SA165BWD in finals
(Sep. 18, 2016  1:48 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Earth 230MB did unexpectedly well

I can't say this is all that surprising haha.

Bakushin MF is definitely interesting; 1234beyblade and I had talked about it quite a long time ago. Do you find Metal Flat's raw defense is better than Rubber Flat's?

Quote:Burn Cancer LW160FB

please do elaborate
(Sep. 18, 2016  2:12 PM)Mitsu Wrote:

Bakushin MF is definitely interesting; 1234beyblade and I had talked about it quite a long time ago. Do you find Metal Flat's raw defense is better than Rubber Flat's?
It always better to use a super soft Rubber Flat for better grip than hard rubber. But MF is good alone.
Let The Battle Begin!!! Onto the Future! Winning Combinations, Raleigh North Carolina 9/17/16

1st place: EthanQ42: Deathscyther Heavy Defense

2nd place: Thunder Dome: Dark Deathscyther Heavy Defense

3rd place: Titan Tite: Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit, Evileye Wing Accel

Note this was under the experimental format.
(Sep. 18, 2016  6:30 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Let The Battle Begin!!! Onto the Future! Winning Combinations, Raleigh North Carolina 9/17/16

It really surprises me that Evileye Wing Accele is on the list. It´s probably not top tier. But it´s very cool that it made it so far. Smile
Would love to know what it beat.
I think it got one random win against like V2 something, but the real thing that needs to be looked at is both Deathscyther and D2. Ethan came in with a mint Deathscyther and essentially was unbeatable, I still think that we should look at banning at Deathscyther, but it seems no one agrees with me on this one so alas.
(Sep. 19, 2016  12:56 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I think it got one random win against like V2 something, but the real thing that needs to be looked at is both Deathscyther and D2. Ethan came in with a mint Deathscyther and essentially was unbeatable, I still think that we should look at banning at Deathscyther, but it seems no one agrees with me on this one so alas.
To be fair I did beat him easily 3-1 in Swiss, but once 2 point burst finishes were a thing in the finals, surprisingly his fresh Deathscyther consecutively bursted me and I lost.
Well if we're being honest, even without the 2 point burst you still would have lost 3-2.
(Sep. 19, 2016  1:02 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Well if we're being honest, even without the 2 point burst you still would have lost 3-2.
But its first to 5 points. We both should probably stop clogging this thread with posts, if you wanna talk about banning Deathscyther maybe we should make/post in the appropriate thread.
(Sep. 19, 2016  12:56 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I think it got one random win against like V2 something, but the real thing that needs to be looked at is both Deathscyther and D2. Ethan came in with a mint Deathscyther and essentially was unbeatable, I still think that we should look at banning at Deathscyther, but it seems no one agrees with me on this one so alas.

Did anybody use Valkyrie against his Deathscyther? Nobody should be able to go through a tournament undefeated with Deathscyther if anybody stands up to it with a Valkyrie (on Xtreme, Accel, Revolve, Trans, take your pick) and can launch well. I mean, even Xcalibur, Amaterios, Victory Valkyrie, etc can get the job done against the easily-bursted Deathscyther.

That said, because this was played using Experimental Format where Burst/KOs are currently worth two points, I can see why this might happen because it is easy for one lucky KO/Burst by Deathscyther to end the BeyBattle for the Attack user. This happened to me at the Toronto experimental event. This sort of thing is why we're going to be eliminating the two point Burst/KOs from the first stage of future events using this format.

Thunder Dome Wrote:To be fair I did beat him easily 3-1 in Swiss, but once 2 point burst finishes were a thing in the finals, surprisingly his fresh Deathscyther consecutively bursted me and I lost.

But two point Burst Finishes (and KOs) are a thing in the Swiss stage currently? Did you guys not play with those rules ...?

In Deck Rotation, I'd say Deathscyther has actually been quite a risky choice a lot of the time because you can easily hand your opponent two points. It's useful in specific scenarios, but you have to know what your opponent will counter with when you take the one point. In my experience so far, I haven't seen many instances where a skilled Attack user ends up losing twice consecutively to Deathscyther.

All of this being said, I do think it's worth talking about Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther, which is why in Toronto we're doing an event for fun where both and Odin are banned. But I am worried that without all three, Neptune/Wyvern will dominate, making the go-to choices for Stamina also Layers that have high defensive power. At least with Deathscyther being the best Layer for Stamina, it is a Layer that can also be easily countered by Attack types.
(Sep. 19, 2016  3:03 AM)Kei Wrote: But two point Burst Finishes (and KOs) are a thing in the Swiss stage currently? Did you guys not play with those rules ...?
BeyBrad posted somewhere to use 1 point in swiss and just use the 2 point finals.

(Sep. 15, 2016  4:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2016  4:42 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2016  3:58 PM)BladerLight Wrote: I wonder how juding will be in burst this is my first burst tournment I think juding will be a lot harder with burst finshes

Judging in tournaments is the same for all formats. Yes, the points for Burst are different (1 point for SFs, 2 points for BFs, etc.) but judging is the same. How will judging be harder with BFs?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. This will be with a new format; not aware of it. Please excuse my post haha.

Burst finishes will be back to 1 point in first stage and 2 points in deck rotation.
(Sep. 19, 2016  3:06 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: BeyBrad posted somewhere to use 1 point in swiss and just use the 2 point finals.

Ah, okay. I didn't know he told you to do that. We haven't "officially" updated the rules yet, but we were planning on doing that anyways.

edit: Also, @[Thunder Dome] can you also list the combinations used in the Deck Rotation finals? Those should be included.
People did try and use stationary attack against his Deathscyther to no avail, also in the last NC event when Dark_Mousy came in with his mint Deathscyther I tried to use Xcaliber, and Amaterios and couldent get a burst out of it, also Thunder Dome used Valk twice and he ended up being the one the got bursted in those matches.
(Sep. 19, 2016  3:20 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: People did try and use stationary attack against his Deathscyther to no avail, also in the last NC event when Dark_Mousy came in with his mint Deathscyther I tried to use Xcaliber, and Amaterios and couldent get a burst out of it, also Thunder Dome used Valk twice and he ended up being the one the got bursted in those matches.

Ah, that sucks! Mint Deathscyther is harder to deal with to some degree, for sure. Assuming the Valkyrie Thunder Dome used in that event was mint?

And Thunder Dome, what did you use to beat EthanQ42 3-1 in the Swiss stage?
(Sep. 18, 2016  1:48 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: LTD Winning Combos:-

Meteo L-Drago ED145WD
Bakushin Leone LW105RF
Bakushin Leone LW105MF
Earth Aquario 230MB

BakushinLeone LW105RF
Bakushin Leone LW105MF
Earth Aquario 230MB

MF Pegasis CH120RF
MF Pegasis CH120RB
Bakushin Leone 90RF
Burn Cancer LW160PD
Burn Cancer LW160FB

India always has the best Limited combos, beyhaha. Interesting that so many people used Bakushin on MF or RF, I've considered Bakushin MF for a while but never actually got around to testing it since there are generally Wheels like Burn or Scythe which are better suited to MF than Bakushin. I personally prefer RSF over RF though, since it generally has better recoil handling and outspins more things, while also being more controllable.

How did you like DK Pegasis? I experimented with a Bandid variant not too long ago and found it pretty effective, but then in the tournament I somehow ended up getting recoil KOed by Burn Ketos AD145GCF. How well did it handle the Bakushin combos (if you matched up against them at all)? Alternatively, how well did Pegasis handle the more mobile Bakushin setups?

(Sep. 18, 2016  6:30 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Let The Battle Begin!!! Onto the Future! Winning Combinations, Raleigh North Carolina 9/17/16

Note this was under the experimental format.

Now this just made me think of another issue with documenting Winning Combos in Deck Rotation format. I suggested that each Deck be separated, but what happens in this case, when the entire Deck is not used? Should only the combinations that were actually used by the placers be listed, or should the entire Deck be listed? Even if someone never ends up attaching the combo, the possibility of its existence is enough to affect the opponent's behavior, which still makes it "used", in a sense.
(Sep. 19, 2016  3:27 AM)Wombat Wrote: Now this just made me think of another issue with documenting Winning Combos in Deck Rotation format. I suggested that each Deck be separated, but what happens in this case, when the entire Deck is not used? Should only the combinations that were actually used by the placers be listed, or should the entire Deck be listed? Even if someone never ends up attaching the combo, the possibility of its existence is enough to affect the opponent's behavior, which still makes it "used", in a sense.

Is that actually the case here? If so, that's insane lol. Whatever the case may be, I think only the combos that were used to win a round in the Deck Rotation should be listed.
(Sep. 18, 2016  2:12 PM)Mitsu Wrote:

Well surprising thing was, I seen a Meteo BGrin and ED145WD, stopped spinning while there was a MB combo spinning in at same time lol. I mean i never expected it can avoid meteo like this [so it will go in "One of my Fev LTD" Beyhah]

TBH I don't think it have "more" defence them RF but it still have fairly decent defence. if it hit them while making flower pattern [from ahead] then it sometimes send them flying out of stadium, but if Attack user Tornado Stalled it's done.
Quote:Burn Cancer LW160FB

please do elaborate
[/quote]

Lol tbh I was finding something that can beat Harry's Bakushin MF and Jksiddh's Earth BGrin then I accidently found that FB can do it. FB can act as normal stationary stamina but also can break into Tornado Staller/Mobile Stamina to avoid attackers/230MB destablizer [or if launched correctly (very light bank) it can make flower and give small hits to destablize opponents like Meteo or 230MB wobbling combos and avoid deep contact. then OS them easily]. It strangely OSed Earth BGrin and Bakushin MF

(Sep. 19, 2016  3:27 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2016  1:48 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: LTD Winning Combos:-

Meteo L-Drago ED145WD
Bakushin Leone LW105RF
Bakushin Leone LW105MF
Earth Aquario 230MB

BakushinLeone LW105RF
Bakushin Leone LW105MF
Earth Aquario 230MB

MF Pegasis CH120RF
MF Pegasis CH120RB
Bakushin Leone 90RF
Burn Cancer LW160PD
Burn Cancer LW160FB

India always has the best Limited combos, beyhaha. Interesting that so many people used Bakushin on MF or RF, I've considered Bakushin MF for a while but never actually got around to testing it since there are generally Wheels like Burn or Scythe which are better suited to MF than Bakushin. I personally prefer RSF over RF though, since it generally has better recoil handling and outspins more things, while also being more controllable.
Thanks Beylol. I had 1 RSF and even I think same but I wanted to use it more like Anti-Attack [and Trow those Dark Knight Girago 90MF, Earth BGrin and Meteo Zombies, While still being able to Tank Lighting and Vulcan].

Wombat Wrote:How did you like DK Pegasis? I experimented with a Bandid variant not too long ago and found it pretty effective, but then in the tournament I somehow ended up getting recoil KOed by Burn Ketos AD145GCF. How well did it handle the Bakushin combos (if you matched up against them at all)? Alternatively, how well did Pegasis handle the more mobile Bakushin setups?

It was pretty good as attack type. I mean it had WAY MORE smash then Girago and Wyvang [thats reason i used] but at the same time it have very high recoil so it got KOed against Bakushin combos [In free play we did a match where someone used that DK combo but end up getting KOed by Bakushin 90RB (3-2). I used it against Amazing Dude's Bakushin MF too but It KOed that Bakushin (tornado stall).
Summer's End - 24 September 2016

The Results...

1st - @[philo1114]
Deathscyther Heavy Accel
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve
Trident Knuckle Claw (Now was this a troll or not... hm... xD )

2nd - Manicben
Deathscyther Heavy Zephyr
Valkyrie Spread Needle

3rd - @[~Mana~]
Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Orbit

Well, looks like typical winning combos to me. Disregard TKC though lel.
I decided to use my "trustworthy" VSN combo to burst Deathscyther combos, which did work out at times, but the requirement for good teeth on Valkyrie is too much, allowing it to burst instead quite often.
Other than that, all is usual I guess. Oh and congrats to the new committee member for placing in his second tournament! What amazing progress!
Philo was completely understandable... He's the HK Beast, winner of countless tournaments over there.
We got some good competition over here, just a shame that @[Balance Blader]'s placing streak has ended (huzzah! lol) and resulted in an almost 0 win. Better luck next time mate! Grin
(Sep. 25, 2016  2:14 AM)Manicben Wrote:
Summer's End - 24 September 2016

The Results...

1st - @[philo1114]
Deathscyther Heavy Accel
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Trident Knuckle Claw (Now was this a troll or not... hm... xD )

2nd - Manicben
Deathscyther Heavy Zephyr
Valkyrie Spread Needle

3rd - @[~Mana~]
Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Dark Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Orbit

Well, looks like typical winning combos to me. Disregard TKC though lel.
I decided to use my "trustworthy" VSN combo to burst Deathscyther combos, which did work out at times, but the requirement for good teeth on Valkyrie is too much, allowing it to burst instead quite often.
Other than that, all is usual I guess. Oh and congrats to the new committee member for placing in his second tournament! What amazing progress!
Philo was completely understandable... He's the HK Beast, winner of countless tournaments over there.
We got some good competition over here, just a shame that @[Balance Blader]'s placing streak has ended (huzzah! lol) and resulted in an almost 0 win. Better luck next time mate! Grin

Thanks for going easy on me, let's play with our full power next time XD