Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Kei, any thoughts on WGT and VKT lol? and JesseObre and Hato, was D2GD was able to destabilise stuff better than Orbit?
Winning Combos: Preparation For The Battle Cry!!

1st Dark_Mousy
Neptune Knuckle Yield
DeathScyther Knuckle Yield
DeathScyther Heavy Defense
DeathScyther Gravity Revolve
Victory Valkyrie Gravity Revolve. (Used this one time)

2nd Thunder Dome
Victory Valkyrie Heavy Revolve
Unicorn Ring Accel
Dark DeathScyther Heavy Defense

3rd StormScorpio1
Wyvern Ring Accel
Amaterios Heavy Orbit
From Burst into the Wild today in Montreal:

1st. MissingNo

Deathscyther Gravity/Spread Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Revolve

2nd. Dobby

3rd. Bey Brad

Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve

lol
Can I ask how much Attack was used at the event? LOL
I used it once in the finals during a third tiebreaker because I was sick of repeating the matches over and over. I lost.
I really wanted to use Xtreme, but mine was almost mint, and I was not really confident in using any kind of attack type today.
(Aug. 27, 2016  11:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: From Burst into the Wild today in Montreal:

1st. MissingNo

2nd. Dobby

3rd. Bey Brad

Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve

lol

That's a disappointing and ghastly range of combinations.

Any noteworthy combo in the first phases?
Dark Deathscyther was rampant pretty much all day, and mirror matches with D2 lead to tons of double-burst ties. I didn't notice much else. Not exactly thrilling combo variety, right?
Well if you take a look at the North Carolinas winning combinations then you'll see a much larger combo variety.
Plus, it is sort of normal that the two brothers used the same combinations, it should probably be ignored variety-wise hah.
I guess, but it's just sad. It probably looks worse because Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther share a name, but at least one Zephyr or Accel or even Orbit would have made it look more cheerful.
There was a lot of different combos, (loyd87 used a weird tornado staller with Zephyr I think) but they just didn't make it to the top three, unfortunately.
(Aug. 28, 2016  5:20 PM)Nocto Wrote: I guess, but it's just sad. It probably looks worse because Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther share a name, but at least one Zephyr or Accel or even Orbit would have made it look more cheerful.

I also used D2GD, VGY and VHX but lost when I used them. Beyhaha
well I used WRZ as staller and I should say that any opponent I faced have a @$%*& Revolve wich I can't beat with what I got.

first time I used VHN against Brad's revolve combo and lost totaly.... used MSX but Xtrem was totally new so I have to get a weak launch to get effective but nothing enough. I used DHD and have my one win with it.

I have tried many different combos but nothing worked. I used too, NSG but get lost against an other Revolve.

also used XSA without success but now i'm working on a different concept wich MissingNo. talked to me and its really hard to play well, XHU, but when you got the launch it works pretty well)

also used NSB against Kai-V and get totaly destroyed by her D2_O

and my last combo UI used was WHD where i have again totaly be destroyed hah!

that tournament isn't be good for me :\ I think we have a big problem to counter Revolve in our area.... it still to be a main winner from a couple of tournament.

at the next tournament I will try some new combination that I just play with after for fun.

K2KD(I beated a D2HD with)
XHU(risky but when you have the right launch its just a beast ko/burst)
DFP(physics idea to try but it still missing some stamina...but great defense)
(Aug. 27, 2016  5:02 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Kei, any thoughts on WGT and VKT lol? and JesseObre and Hato, was D2GD was able to destabilise stuff better than Orbit?

Oh sorry for not replying to this but D2GD is very common in Toronto. IMO its the safest thing to do. I say it's a little bit better to destabilize than orbit but in total defense is really good. Orbit had the risk if you launched 110% you might self K.O but with defense its way better. More stamina and with my launch and others can launch hard enough to kinda avoid and tornado stall for a little bit
To add to what Jesse said, D2GD is a safe option. The Toronto meta is mostly D2GD and DHD/R/O. I prefer Defense over Orbit, as it allows me to launch harder with a significantly smaller risk of self KOing.

I am not sure if it destabilizes better, but with D2GD getting more hits on a stationary combo than a mobile combo, it may be a bit better.
D2GD is a safe option ... until you face another D2. I had 3 or 4 consecutive double-burst draws in a match like that and several other double bursts against D2 later. That made it feel pretty unreliable for me.
(Aug. 30, 2016  3:21 AM)Hato Wrote: To add to what Jesse said, D2GD is a safe option. The Toronto meta is mostly D2GD and DHD/R/O. I prefer Defense over Orbit, as it allows me to launch harder with a significantly smaller risk of self KOing.

I am not sure if it destabilizes better, but with D2GD getting more hits on a stationary combo than a mobile combo, it may be a bit better.

I personally prefer D2 on Orbit over most things. At my event last weekend D2GD/R wasn't used that much. Was attacked used very much at this event?

I thought that Valkyrie Heavy Revolve would've topped some.
(Aug. 30, 2016  3:35 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2016  3:21 AM)Hato Wrote: To add to what Jesse said, D2GD is a safe option. The Toronto meta is mostly D2GD and DHD/R/O. I prefer Defense over Orbit, as it allows me to launch harder with a significantly smaller risk of self KOing.

I personally prefer D2 on Orbit over most things. At my event last weekend D2GD/R wasn't used that much. Was attacked used very much at this event?

To be fair only you and Stormscorpio1 had D2's and yours broke really early on.
(Aug. 30, 2016  3:57 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:

To be fair only you and Stormscorpio1 had D2's and yours broke really early on.

This is true. I may get a shipment of them for our next event. I'm excited to see what D2 can do at our future events.
Yeah my D2 broke in Toronto too lol. Scary!
(Aug. 30, 2016  4:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah my D2 broke in Toronto too lol. Scary!

Mine broke after the first round. It was knocked out by one of the new bladers Kerbecs Skirata. Ironically that was one of the 2 matches I lost that day.

I did have quite some matchups with Valkyrie but won all of them. Both were VHR so by launching hard i tornado stalled enough to avoid trouble.
Darn, I was hoping the Burst meta was finally getting a bit more diverse and then Montreal happened haha. At least people are branching out in their Disk choices. Was holding off on this post until Alta or EB3 posted their lists but it doesn't look like that's happening.

(Aug. 27, 2016  4:03 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: 1st JesseObre
Valkyrie Heavy Defense

3rd Kei
Valkyrie Knuckle Trans
Wyvern Gravity Trans

How did you like Valkyrie Trans, Kei? Personally I like Spread on it because it offers more Life After Death than Knuckle, but for the most part the two seem pretty interchangeable to me due to where they stand on the Burst Defense/Stamina/Weight spectrum. Wouldn't use Knuckle on a Staller though. Was Wyvern just used to mindgame Attack users?

Also Jesse is there any particular reason why you always use Heavy Defense on stationary Valkyrie? I bet it's less weak to Destabilization because it's a ball (pretty much the reason I wanted to git gud with Needle) but don't people normally use a lower friction tip like Claw or Gyro?

Quote:Unicorn Ring Accel

"wombat lend me your strength"
Warrior's Code - LTD
Kolkata, India- 4th Sep, 2016

THE WINNING COMBOS ARE:

1st Place: Ryan Uchiha
Combos: Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F
MF Earth Eagle AD145WD
Earth Capricorn T125D

2nd Place: Arijit Sarkar
Combos: Meteo L drago BGrin
Bakushin beelzeb 90MF