[Winners Announced] WBO Idol Season 1

Don't even ask -.-

A World Beyblade Organization Singing Competition!
Deadline to post entries: January 15th 2013

We've seen GFX, writing, drawing and now we'll put your vocals to the test just in time for the Holiday Season. Judging will be our very own Ga'Hooleone and th!nk. See below for general guidelines and rules:
  • Stick to covers (easier to assess, etc) of songs that can be found on youtube (again, assessment purposes) and they have to actually sing (i.e. not rap - the song can have a rap section but they will only be assessed on singing, not rapping).

• The style is Karaoke music. You can also sing over the top of it (the song) as long as it is relatively quiet so your voice can be clearly heard and discerned.

• All entries should start with the contestant stating their username and that this is their entry for the contest (and perhaps a WBO mention would be good too?)

• No auto-tune either, and it should all be one take, unedited aside from cuts at the start and finish.

• Video/Sound files should be uploaded to YouTube, Soundcloud or Audioboo.

If you think you're interested, please start posting below. This will be great fun!

Participants:
  • Tri (Maybe)
  • Luck
  • Mr.N
  • Kujikato (Maybe)
  • Duck (Maybe)
  • Syco
  • lord Wolfblade
  • Screw It
  • UltimateFantasy
  • Insomniac
  • Unstoppable
  • beybladefoever

[...]

OMG. Sounds Very exciting.
I wish you luck with organizing and Junk.
(Dec. 27, 2012  8:43 PM)Vocal Wrote: OMG. Sounds Very exciting.

Oh, I thought you would enter ;A;

Your username being "Vocal" and all.
(Dec. 27, 2012  8:44 PM)Insomniac. Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2012  8:43 PM)Vocal Wrote: OMG. Sounds Very exciting.

Oh, I thought you would enter ;A;

Your username being "Vocal" and all.
Nope. I sing really deep and i'm shy about that kindof thing.

Oh Lord, I don't see myself entering in this.
I can't sing and even have a funny accent when I talk.
But, good luck to everyone else! XD
I'd like to join, but I have a limit of download time per month and uploading videos takes a lot of time. Maybe... just maybe...

I can as long as I don't have to upload MANY videos in a short period of time.

I already know the song I'm going to sing Grin
There is no need to be shy about it, it is all for good fun. And I think we will all have a great time.

I hope people will enter >.>
Well, this seems very fun. I'll enter. So, we choose any song, right?
Oooooh.
Interesting.
To be the supposed WBO singing and GFXing champion would sure be awesome...
Would it be multiple rounds?
Maybe, probably. The problem is the sound quality that I have available.
Also, can we have a sound track? (ABSOLUTLY no background singing. ?)
I already do also know what song to sing as well... XD
@Mr.N; It says in the OP that just rapping songs are pointless and the genre or whatever is kareoke. (Damn my spellling !)
You can have the music playing quietly with no lyrics being audible. Your voice is what is being judged so please make it loud and clear.

I've added you all to the list.
Hmm... Can it be a recording? Cuz I actually do take singing lessons and at the end of this term I did a recorded ver. of ed sheeran Autumn Leaves...
Could I just send it to you via PM when the time comes?
The websites listed in the OP support recordings only.

Read the last bullet point again. "Video/Sound files", which includes recordings.
Oh, OK :3
Thanks.
How many contestants can we have max/before we can begin?
I do not think we will get more than 10. But we'll see how it goes, OK?
Yeah.
Hopefully no-one'll drop out this time.
Ugh. I wanna join, but I don't know what song to sing...

If only...

But good luck to the others who are participating!
Mayhap I will join. It is a possibility ...
This seems like a really cool idea hope it works out! Won't be entering myself though I'm a horrible singer
Insom, you are always two steps ahead of me. I was thinking of offering this idea some time Grin

Hrmmm, Put me on that list as a maybe, I'm having a bad sore throat, and singing extreme ranges of notes is NOT what I want to do.

Are spiritual songs allowed?
Are you allowing any other judges? Because I want to be one.
Finally this got approved! I want in! You know, you could name it'The YC Factor'.

EDIT: I asked undone bout this.
Hmm, you can add me to the list as "maybe". I'll enter if I can find an instrumental track for "Evil Angel" by BB and enough time to do so, quack. This'll be fun! Joyful_2

...And yes. If I do enter, I will be singing "Evil Angel". Haters gonna hate. :\
I would've joined, but, I lose my confidence if I'm not rapping.

Still looking forward to the results of this though!
(Dec. 28, 2012  6:21 AM)kaihiwatari5673 Wrote: Are you allowing any other judges? Because I want to be one.

Sorry, but we're good for judges at the moment.

Syco: Thanks, but I'm not a huge fan of the x factor's treatment of what is really just "Marketability" as some mystical property called "The X Factor". Sure, the Idol series aren't much better, but the X Factor is just a little too obnoxious for the aforementioned reason Tongue_out

Anyway I figured I'd post just to say hi and not to be scared about joining in. As much as I'm not known for being particularly warm, as a muso myself I understand how intimidating performance can be. I've seen incredible singers crippled by fear hide their talent their entire life. I'd hate to be responsible for someone doing the same. So, don't be afraid. I'll try to offer constructive criticism of entries when we render our verdict, though if you'd rather I kept my trap shut you're welcome to say so, haha.

I'll keep my own genre biases* out of judging, of course, but one quick tip: Don't over sing it - It's all too common these days, people singing around one note for 15 bars or whatever just to show off, at the expense of the song. If the song isn't enough to show off your ability, then you should choose another song. Plenty of songs are written with that in them anyway, if that's really your thing.

*Keep in mind I don't consider rapping =/= singing a genre bias, it's a simple fact that the two are assessed on different merits. As in the OP, the song can have a rap section but you won't be assessed on the rap section (though if you do it and do a particularly horrible job of it, it probably will count against you in the end).

'Course, that all sounds a bit serious - this is just a contest for fun, so feel free to enter, even if only for laughs. I am admittedly a pretty terrible singer myself (and in case anyone asks why I'm judging then, you don't have to be good at something to assess it, you just have to understand it decently), so there's no need to be shy, haha Smile
(Dec. 28, 2012  1:12 PM)th!nk Wrote: [quote='kaihiwatari5673' pid='1078628' dateline='1356672108']
'Course, that all sounds a bit serious - this is just a contest for fun, so feel free to enter, even if only for laughs. I am admittedly a pretty terrible singer myself (and in case anyone asks why I'm judging then, you don't have to be good at something to assess it, you just have to understand it decently), so there's no need to be shy, haha Smile

Haha. I can vouch for that.
My singing grade assessor couldn't sing for his life... XD
Anyways, the main dissapointment* in my situation is the fact the my voice is not what it used to be...
(Damn you whooping cough!)
I used to be able to go really quite high...
Oh well. Confused