[Winners Announced] WBO Idol Season 1

(Jan. 08, 2013  6:51 PM)Luck Wrote: Uh-Oh.
I can't get my recording until atleast the 13th... Unhappy
Would it be better to ask for an extention or just to pull out?

But if you do that it might make the Idol thing a bust. I suggest to ask an extension.
I might not be able to participate. I have been feeling really sick lately, and I really don't have the proper equipment, but I may be able to find time. I'm not sure though. Sorry guys.
(Jan. 08, 2013  9:01 PM)Ninjaman60 Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2013  6:51 PM)Luck Wrote: Uh-Oh.
I can't get my recording until atleast the 13th... Unhappy
Would it be better to ask for an extention or just to pull out?

But if you do that it might make the Idol thing a bust. I suggest to ask an extension.

I was more asking the judges...
Wondering which would be more convenient.
We're going to extend the competition to the 15th. Hopefully, that will be enough time for everyone. The contest will be open for entries up until the deadline too, of course.
Yes ! Thank you so much ! Smile
I promise i'll get it in by then !
I must admit that I decided to test my self-confidence and did record something, however my recorder (BenQ mp3 player) is very sensitive, so in the recording where my voice was more distinct, the high notes of the song were way too high. In the better recording, however, my voice is audible, but seems to sound exactly like the singer's, hah.
Oh, I didn't know you might enter Kai-V!

Anyways, I'll ask my dad if I can upload my video, but he'll probably say no.
(Jan. 09, 2013  6:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must admit that I decided to test my self-confidence and did record something, however my recorder (BenQ mp3 player) is very sensitive, so in the recording where my voice was more distinct, the high notes of the song were way too high. In the better recording, however, my voice is audible, but seems to sound exactly like the singer's, hah.

Hm...
Not liking the sound of what I'm up against...
I was going to try to aim for being the WBO GFXing and singing champion, but I have a feeling that it's not quite gonna work out.

Anyways, I'm sending in my recording 13-15th as promised.
inb4 she does a dir en grey song

I am actually thinking of participating in this... Dunno if I will.

Boredom is to blame I suppose, haha.
(Jan. 09, 2013  6:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I must admit that I decided to test my self-confidence and did record something, however my recorder (BenQ mp3 player) is very sensitive, so in the recording where my voice was more distinct, the high notes of the song were way too high. In the better recording, however, my voice is audible, but seems to sound exactly like the singer's, hah.

It would be awesome to have you enter, if you get the chance to make another recording, lower the volume of the song in the background and that should hopefully make it more distinguishable. Either way, thanks for trying Smile

@Others: Do your best. Every competition you enter, especially for singing where having the courage to sing to others is a major part of the skillset, is progress! Do your best and you will be fine (in fact, confidence is a big part of singing well).

Cancel me plz. Things came up. Unhappy
No.
This is SO ANNOYING!.
My sister accidently told me the wrong time for my singing lesson, so I could not get my recording... Crying
Anyway, this could quite possibly mean that I cannot enter, but Thou Shall try to Persevere !
Sorry, I won't be able to enter since I have a LOT of school work I have to catch up with and have had NO time to record my singing this past weekend. Although, if there is another WBO Idol in the future, I'll be glad to be a judge or just enter normally.

MAJOR EDIT: Sorry, I thought that today was the 15th. I'm just about to record it and will most likely have it up a bit later tonight.
Same here. I'm not contempt with any of the recordings I've made so far, and there's no more time for me to attempt to make anymore, so I've gotta drop out. Crying

Here's my entry:

http://soundcloud.com/elcesploosh/inu-1

There was a glitch or something, so it combined part of another recording with this one. Basically, ignore anything past 1:53. (Still not contempt, but at least I've made an effort. Speechless)
Is it me or has only one person entered, basically ?
(Jan. 15, 2013  1:40 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: Sorry, I won't be able to enter since I have a LOT of school work I have to catch up with and have had NO time to record my singing this past weekend. Although, if there is another WBO Idol in the future, I'll be glad to be a judge or just enter normally.

Way to show an example people. Let's attempt to ask for a judge position despite having negative, not even zero, reason to support it with. The qualification at the end didn't help either. Hell, I just recorded my own singing and it took all of 20 minutes tops to make it sound decent and be ready if I wanted to enter. It's really not that hard to do this...

I posted earlier a quote from the rules which stated that the success of a tournament depended on the cooperation of its competitors. I would like to see if the participants can restore the small shred of hope I had left for the YC forum instead of having it dashed, yet again.

EDIT: And yeah, V, only one person has entered (yet again). It's somewhat disappointing...
So... The entries are due tomorrow? This means anytime tomorrow, yes?
Yes, until 11:59:59 PM (EST) they are allowed.

go join chody do it
After getting over a cold, I caught a flue that im just getting over now.
I will try and get it done today after work. But I can't promise it will be done
Sorry it took so long: http://soundcloud.com/doireallyneedauser...-prototype
I just had barely enough time to do it tonight. Luckily, I got it on the first try. Please note that I am still recovering from a cold from this weekend so my voice isn't at it's best.

Currently, there is a problem with SoundCloud where the file isn't able to be played. Hopefully, soundcloud will fix this and get it back to normal.
Have you set it to private perhaps? That might be the cause.

If you can fix that, then we have two entries which makes it an actual competition. Not exactly as many as I hoped (hopefully we'll have a few more) but it's something!
May I have an extension to the 17th? I can have my entry recorded very soon, but not right now with so much HW.
Gasp Everyone is asking for extensions! If we are lucky, you will get my last minute entry later, if my parents are not home. (don't put my name on the list just yet).

So... this makes the entry count 2 people?
(Jan. 15, 2013  10:22 AM)th!nk Wrote: Have you set it to private perhaps? That might be the cause.

If you can fix that, then we have two entries which makes it an actual competition. Not exactly as many as I hoped (hopefully we'll have a few more) but it's something!

That wasn't the main problem. Originally, SoundCloud was unable to register the sound since I recorded it from my phone. Even though I'm new to SoundCloud and I made an account just for this competition, SoundCloud is only letting me (or others that have an account) access it. Btw, I'm set to public.
Finally!!!!!!!
Got it done.
Paradise by Coldplay
I sound sorta dull cause it is almost midnight and im back from a really loud party.
https://soundcloud.com/user233587477/par...y-coldplay