WBO Random Thoughts

(May. 17, 2013  10:10 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Eh, I personally don't enjoy xts at all. Maybe it could be an extra after an actual tournament if people were interested.

At the Zero-G Gorge, were doing a Tag-Team after if time is good.
But anyway, I know most "hardcore" bladers hate XTS. I don't really like it, but I admit they're fun to mess around with. I think it would be cool to see an XTS event, even if it is like after an actual tourney.
front banners be carpin'

Haha, they seriously look awesome together.
Carpin***

The site looks really nice and packed because of all the banners, I like it! It makes the site seem more welcoming? I guess, lol.
Shall we go over what your username stands for?

haha, i guess you're right.
(May. 17, 2013  10:07 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Would anyone think it would be interesting (don't pounce on me for saying this, I'd do it for the fun of it, not competition wise) if the WBO had an XTS tournament?
Depends on what kind of XTS. The Tornado Battlers are pretty cool...Stealth Battlers not so much.
Electro Battlers & IR Spin Control don't really require much skill, so I wouldn't really be interested in a tournament for them, personally.
Edit: Might as well try a Destroyer Dome tournament too, while we're at it lol
(May. 21, 2013  10:07 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: front banners be carpin'

Haha, they seriously look awesome together.

Thanks!

Although, every time I look at them, the slight width difference between the top and bottom banners is irritating me ... It makes no sense because the top banner is 900px wide, while the bottom two are 450px each, for a total of 900px. Confused
(May. 22, 2013  2:33 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Shall we go over what your username stands for?

haha, i guess you're right.

Laughing my arteries off, duh.

I'm really hyped for Beydays, it'll be my first! Counting down the days until BR!
BEYDAYS
BEYBLADE REVOLUTION
BEYBLADE CHALLENGE
All this awesomeness!
May 2013 has to be the month of WBO!
Hope all three happenings will attract more people. The Pune, India tournament itself had 48 participants. Hope to see a good turnout at the 26th May event, although I won't be able to attend it!
(As I'll be on vacations. But, I've got enough members for a tournament in Goa! XD )

PORSUM WBO..!!!
(May. 22, 2013  3:32 AM)Kei Wrote: It makes no sense because the top banner is 900px wide, while the bottom two are 450px each, for a total of 900px. Confused

There is a space in between the two banners. Surely, you would have noticed that.
someone knw how can i paint the beyblade but permanently..?????
(May. 22, 2013  4:38 PM)dragoonms91 Wrote: someone knw how can i paint the beyblade but permanently..?????

That's off topic here, if you need help, go to the Ask a Question, Get and Answer topic.
(May. 22, 2013  12:53 PM)Nocto Wrote: There is a space in between the two banners. Surely, you would have noticed that.

On Safari, there is a space between the top banner and the bottom two, but there is no space between the bottom two. On Firefox, there's no space between any of them.

However, the issue seems to have fixed itself now. Confused
on my account, it says i have won 0 matches. and lost 5 matches... for a total of 5 matches done..
i swear i have done more then just 5 battles Tongue_out
(May. 24, 2013  3:09 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: on my account, it says i have won 0 matches. and lost 5 matches... for a total of 5 matches done..
i swear i have done more then just 5 battles Tongue_out

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beypoint...e-Contests Wink

We have just started reprocessing everything recently.
Met Bey Brad, Arupaeo, Kai-V, Valentin, Spinster, Dark_Mousy, and so many others for the first time today! It was amazing!
Gosh darn it you are so lucky!!!!
I think everyone who went to BR can agree geester99's mom is amazing, haha.
Oooooh, the Beyblade: REVOLUTION face looks nice under my avatar Wink
Is there anyway I can get a list of tier lists ever since they first started? Thanks
The Beywiki has combos that were once top tier on the desired articles with that part.
(May. 30, 2013  1:40 AM)Tri Wrote: The Beywiki has combos that were once top tier on the desired articles with that part.

I know that, I want the tier lists.
As far as I know, no one saved them, but you could try wayback.org, see if it has archived versions of the tier list thread (the one in the customizations forum is the long-standing one, so that's the page you'd want to look for archives of).
There are definitely most likely drafts and talks of the earlier top tier lists inside these old Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade threads :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...ade-Combos
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...bos--20385
The other thing worth mentioning is that the lists haven't always been updated quickly. The list in that first topic was basically as it was shortly after I joined (I *think* when I joined, Leone was still up there, but I'm not 100% sure). They also weren't always correct- for example, Ray was released with two tips that it could do absolutely nothing against as an attack wheel, whereas Gravity (and later moreso with the release of Perseus (ATK)), was on par with lightning, but took a while to discover (it did well on most tracks, but R145, CH120 and D125 were the most common choices). Pegasis was also quite questionable, and often ended up performing better on low tracks (and apparently this was the same in Japan, hence the release of MF-H Pegasis 85RF in the BB-96 Super Deck Set), but again, as RS, RSF, and CS were released, Right Spin Attack couldn't budge defense easily, whereas left spin were able to nudge them out of the arena with destabilisation. In addition to this, Libra may have actually not been overpowered when that particular list was written - Seeing as BD145 had not been released, Lightning in particular was pretty deadly.

Then during the Maximum Series, MF-H Basalt 230/BD145 CS was extremely difficult to counter, and in retrospect I believe the majority of the advanced forum and committee believe Basalt should have been banned - I agree completely. There were also a number of combinations that became available then that didn't really make it onto the competitive combos list. Meteo L Drago CH120XF, some people struggled with but IMO it deserved a spot, however even moreso are the still-present-today Meteo L Drago 100EWD combos, similar combinations with gravity, as well as various more aggressive gravity-based combinations (commonly BD145MF etc). Hell BD145WD was listed for stamina but because of Hell's recoil, Hell BD145CS was actually able to beat it one-on-one, and may have perhaps been completely superior. Basalt R145/TR145RF could also be made at this point, but only became relevant when MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF became popular as a counter to MF-H Basalt ___ 230CS (I also found it did decently in OSing Basalt BD145CS but that was a matter of much debate).

Same thing goes for both earlier and later lists, too.

I guess what I'm saying is if you're looking for them to know what was good at a particular time, they won't give you a completely correct answer, haha. I also made a quick attempt to find archives in using archive.org but with changing thread titles etc, it would be a bit more involved than what I previously said (find archives of the customizations subforum instead to get the URL at that time, click it, see what other archives archive.org has of it).
The only thing I want to say is Members who want to host for first time are not given attention at all! this is the thought I am getting currently. I have posted a thread in event Proposals kai-v has nt payed atention To It attention to it at all! I have nt recieved atleast one reply from kai-v from last 3 dayss