WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Sept 2018: First Stage Burst Finishes Now 2 Points

(Oct. 05, 2018  5:40 AM)Kei Wrote: Anyone who has played in a tournament since we introduced the new two point Burst rule for the First Stage, what are your impressions of it? Has it had any impact, positive or negative?
Me and my son did.  Bursts did not affect us but I did judge and saw some matches where 2 point burst were impactful.  One match kind of stuck out to me...  a younger participant was basically sniped for a burst, and then self KOed immediately...the round lasted 10 seconds...

Also, most Burst I saw were not caused by what you would call attack types....

Not sure if this is good or bad.....
(Oct. 05, 2018  5:48 AM)Shindog Wrote: Me and my son did.  Bursts did not affect us but I did judge and saw some matches where 2 point burst were impactful.  One match kind of stuck out to me...  a younger participant was basically sniped to a burst, and then self KOed...  it lasted 10 seconds...

Yeah, I think it’s difficult to judge because realistically at this point the number of people who can create and effectively use competitive Attack types (ex. Using Hn’ and X’) are limited.

That being said, if you choose to use something which can be bursted easily, it’s hard to be upset when you get bursted ... haha. Even if it’s to another stamina type.

Random quick battles like you described always can happen too, but a lot of that can be avoided by launching in a more deceptive way so that you can’t be sniped.

The self-KO thing is interesting. We’ve always been strict about counting those as losses unless someone called for a relaunch and there was a legit reason for it because a player should be held responsible for their own launch. That being said, in Japan they tend to let you do one or two “shoot misses” before giving any points to your opponent. The exact rules for this are a bit unclear to me, but they seem lenient. Maybe worth considering now that our battles are more closely aligned with what they’re doing in Japan.
(Oct. 05, 2018  8:17 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2018  5:48 AM)Shindog Wrote: Me and my son did.  Bursts did not affect us but I did judge and saw some matches where 2 point burst were impactful.  One match kind of stuck out to me...  a younger participant was basically sniped to a burst, and then self KOed...  it lasted 10 seconds...

Yeah, I think it’s difficult to judge because realistically at this point the number of people who can create and effectively use competitive Attack types (ex. Using Hn’ and X’) are limited.

That being said, if you choose to use something which can be bursted easily, it’s hard to be upset when you get bursted ... haha. Even if it’s to another stamina type.

Random quick battles like you described always can happen too, but a lot of that can be avoided by launching in a more deceptive way so that you can’t be sniped.

The self-KO thing is interesting. We’ve always been strict about counting those as losses unless someone called for a relaunch and there was a legit reason for it because a player should be held responsible for their own launch. That being said, in Japan they tend to let you do one or two “shoot misses” before giving any points to your opponent. The exact rules for this are a bit unclear to me, but they seem lenient. Maybe worth considering now that our battles are more closely aligned with what they’re doing in Japan.
That would be cool if we had a rule to prevent random mid air collisions ending with instant noodle bursts or KO's happening in split seconds, but I guess thats the uncertainty factor in Beyblade. 

Not on topic...unban Spryzen Requiem , but ban it on Br.
(Oct. 05, 2018  5:58 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Not on topic...unban Spryzen Requiem , but ban it on Br.
I've only gotten a chance to test Left Spin SRS3 Br against aH Et so far, so hold your horses lol. Lazer and I will also test SRS3 against rP and hS bc chances are if certain aH, rP, or hS combos can even beat it on Br, it probably shouldn't be banned anymore, don't you think?
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:07 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2018  5:58 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Not on topic...unban Spryzen Requiem , but ban it on Br.
I've only gotten a chance to test Left Spin SRS3 Br against aH Et so far, so hold your horses lol. Lazer and I will also test SRS3 against rP and hS bc chances are if certain aH, rP, or hS combos can even beat it on Br, it probably shouldn't be banned anymore, don't you think?
 Disclaimer...this is my opinion

Yes, but the problem imo with SrS3 is that a leftspin attack bey cant beat it on.....Br. Bringing something like that to the meta will destroy (maybe) the usage involving leftspin attack combos. Which helps out hS Br, Sr Br even more. We dont want that do we??? The fact that you can max launch SrS3 on Br with out bursting against a same spin combo is something to think about.

Edit:think of all those Bloody longinus's in deck format battles...they will become extinct bc of hasbro Br. If we look at the new hasbro Turbo beys coming out soon...what if the slopes are supposedly better then TT ones. Were stuck with Br vs At or Br. Nvm lets just start using Xt'
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:38 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Disclaimer...this is my opinion

Yes, but the problem imo with SrS3 is that a leftspin attack bey cant beat it on.....Br. Bringing something like that to the meta will destroy (maybe) the usage involving leftspin attack combos. Which helps out hS Br, Sr Br even more. We dont want that do we??? The fact that you can max launch SrS3 on Br with out bursting against a same spin combo is something to think about.
Yeah, you definitely got a point there. A Left Spin Atk Combo might not be able to Burst SRS3 Br, but who knows? Maybe something else can. But we'll just keep testing and see what we find.
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:42 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:38 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Disclaimer...this is my opinion

Yeah, you definitely got a point there. A Left Spin Atk Combo might not be able to Burst SRS3 Br, but who knows? Maybe something else can. But we'll just keep testing and see what we find.
We need another left spin attacker if we cant burst the hasbro Br.
@[Kei] what if there is a no contact burst finish how much is that worth
Great updates !
But could anyone guide me where to post about my feedback on the overall management of the community is going on right now.
(Oct. 05, 2018  11:46 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: @[Kei] what if there is a no contact burst finish how much is that worth

Technically, it’s worth two points right now. Probabaly should be one, but really, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen before and it not be caused by some sort of launcher malfunction (which would result in a player calling for a relaunch).

(Oct. 08, 2018  2:15 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: Great updates !
But could anyone guide me where to post about my feedback on the overall management of the community is going on right now.

We welcome any feedback in the Discuss worldbeyblade.org forum!
(Oct. 09, 2018  4:25 AM)Kei Wrote: EmphaticYogiGreat updates !
But could anyone guide me where to post  about my feedback on the overall management of the community  is going on right now.

We welcome any feedback in the Discuss worldbeyblade.org forum!

Please check my pm it is a bit urgent.
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:38 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:07 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: I've only gotten a chance to test Left Spin SRS3 Br against aH Et so far, so hold your horses lol. Lazer and I will also test SRS3 against rP and hS bc chances are if certain aH, rP, or hS combos can even beat it on Br, it probably shouldn't be banned anymore, don't you think?
 Disclaimer...this is my opinion

Edit:think of all those Bloody longinus's in deck format battles...they will become extinct bc of hasbro Br. If we look at the new hasbro Turbo beys coming out soon...what if the slopes are supposedly better then TT ones. Were stuck with Br vs At or Br. Nvm lets just start using Xt'

I thought Bloody Longinus was already too bad? I mean, like too bad to the point where no one bothers with it anymore.
(Oct. 26, 2018  12:42 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2018  6:38 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:  Disclaimer...this is my opinion

I thought Bloody Longinus was already too bad? I mean, like too bad to the point where no one bothers with it anymore.
bL is competitive IMO BC of how many left spin Br combos with out having to use hS 0B At for that.
That's good to hear, since the overwhelming use of defense/stamina types is taking over the metagame. Is Nightmare Longinus/Luinor still viable?
Well, in my opinion, bL is better for Same-Spin Attack, which counters hS 0B Br, which counters aH, which counters bL, which is healthy for the metagame. But nL is still somewhat viable in Opposite-Spin Attack.
(Oct. 09, 2018  4:25 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2018  11:46 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: @[Kei] what if there is a no contact burst finish how much is that worth

Technically, it’s worth two points right now. Probabaly should be one, but really, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen before and it not be caused by some sort of launcher malfunction (which would result in a player calling for a relaunch).

Didn't we decide to rule no-contact Burst Finishes as one point for Deck Format? They can happen, but like self-KOs, they're often the result of someone's poorly aimed launch (in the case of bursts, typically straight into a wall lol).
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:55 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Didn't we decide to rule no-contact Burst Finishes as one point for Deck Format? They can happen, but like self-KOs, they're often the result of someone's poorly aimed launch (in the case of bursts, typically straight into a wall lol).

Yeah, that's the rule in Deck Format. For the first stage it's technically something we haven't clarified so we should do that officially soon. This is much less common than a self-KO, so that's probably why it didn't come to mind when we added this rule.
(Sep. 12, 2018  8:51 AM)Kei Wrote: Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT Burst Format: First Stage - Burst Finishes Increased from 1 Point to 2 Points
  • Metal Fight Limited Format: Gravity’s Initial Spin Direction Selection in Deck Format Clarification

Burst Format Updates

IMPORTANT Burst Format: First Stage - Burst Finishes Increased from 1 Point to 2 Points
Burst Format Rulebook Wrote:To win a match, a blader must score 3 points. You earn point(s) when:
  • The opposing Beyblade stops spinning (1 Point)
  • The opposing Beyblade exits the BeyStadium (1 Point)
  • The opposing Beyblade bursts (2 Points OR 1 Point if Frame or God Chip comes off)

There has been much debate in the community over the past couple months about the situation TAKARA-TOMY has presented us with through the release of Hell Salamander, Archer Hercules, and Revive Phoenix. Around the world, there’s differing opinions about each of these Layers. But ultimately, they do keep each other in check to a certain degree.

However, the problem that’s been identified is the low usage and effectiveness of Attack types especially after their release. It was particularly bad until the recent release of Xtreme’ with Shadow Amaterios, a much needed new version of Xtreme with a much tighter spring and softer rubber, allowing for a tighter lock and much better flower pattern when banking.

While Xtreme’ has allowed for a marked improvement in the performance of Attack types and combinations using it have been found in recent Winning Combinations lists, usage of Attack types–particularly in the first stage of events–is still quite low.

In order to help give Attack types a more defined purpose and increased value for the first stage, we have therefore made the decision to increase Burst Finishes from being worth 1 Point to 2 Points. Outspins, KOs, and Frames/God Chips falling off are still 1 Point, and matches are still won after a player scores 3 Points total.

This was made possible due to the release of Xtreme’ and Hunter’. The tight lock on these Drivers helps to reduce the possibility of an Attack type self-bursting, which is one of the primary reasons we had never considered imposing the two point Burst Finish rule for first stage matchws–which are only to 3 Points, unlike Deck Format’s 5 Points–previously.

Burst Finishes in general have also become less common overall, but Xtreme’ does make them a lot more likely in certain situations. Changing Burst Finishes to two points also makes the risk/reward factor of using Stamina types (using Drivers like Bearing) higher, which can affect the choices players will make.

We chose to leave KOs at 1 Point due to the more unpredictable nature of them in combination with the shorter three-point nature of first stage matches. We didn’t like the idea of an Attack user doing a perfect bank and then getting KOed while the opposing Stamina type gets wall-saved.

This rule update allows us to–at least for the time being–avoid banning any other parts. Despite the increased number of bans throughout Burst Format thus far, the ideal has always been to avoid bans, and we feel that this solution will be a strong alternative.

Metal Fight Limited Format Updates

[Image: beyblade-gravity-metal-wheel.png]

Metal Fight Limited  Format: Gravity’s Initial Spin Direction Selection  in Deck Format Clarification
Following our July 2018 mode change restrictions for the Gravity Metal Wheel allowing only one mode change per match, we realized that one additional clarification was needed after the first event of Beyblade Remembrance 2018 in Toronto in order to prevent a possible second mode change in Deck Format.

As such, the following ruling was added to the rulebook, applicable to anyone using Gravity in their deck:

Metal Fight Limited Format Rulebook Wrote:In the final stage of events, Gravity’s initial spin direction must be declared to the judge while their deck is being inspected.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.

this is the same rules for a battle but I didn't know that u score one point is the god chip or frame4 comes off anyways thanks wbo
This is just a question but why is Maximum Garuda G3 8Flow Flugel banned>
(Nov. 03, 2018  9:30 PM)LuinorDestroy Wrote: This is just a question but why is Maximum Garuda G3 8Flow Flugel banned>

the combo isn't banned, the layer is. And that's only the Hasbro ver.
this is cool how do I join or participate in one?
YAY now burst are 2 like there supposed to be.

(Nov. 16, 2018  8:37 PM)Kaleb14 Wrote: this is cool how do I join or participate in one?

You go to tournament and find one near you and go to that location on the day that tournament is going on and get there on time.