WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

I never thought it was going to change, i thought it would take at least 6-10 years until it would happen
I hope Kei gets to #1 soon, he might get it at Anime North 2015.

Currently waiting for 3 Toronto tournament results are processed, I think I might be in the top 15.
Top 15? and i thought it was just two? And LMAO, do you think by this week tournament we did should be processed?
(Sep. 05, 2014  3:19 AM)LMAO Wrote: Currently waiting for 3 Toronto tournament results are processed, I think I might be in the top 15.

Most likely, although you'll be moving down more from going 3-2 at High Park Throwdown 6, however, moving up from placing second twice in a row at both Thirst for Beys and End of the Era. As for me, I feel like I'll be swapping ranks with Ultimate Blaze once Toronto's all caught up in processing events, haha.

Ultimate Blaze Wrote:And LMAO, do you think by this week tournament we did should be processed?

Presently, this would really depend on when Kei decides to give High Park Throwdown 6 a process, as both LMAO and I already sent in everything for both Thirst for Beys and Plastics Resurrection quite a while back. As for End of the Era, I'm pretty sure LMAO's the one who'll end up sending in the results. Knowing him, he probably already did, though.

EDIT: Leone19 is truly Connecticut's king! Gold Faces, they're everywhere around him!
Sorry about the double post, though I noticed something interesting, being an error in one of the battles processed:

FaZe_Preach attended Pockyx3's A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth, a Limited Format event that took place back in April of this year. However, what I caught was it said that he was able to beat theunderdog, which isn't true. ''Why would you assume this, Midnight?'', one asks. Well, it's because theunderdog not only showed up late to the event late, but by the time he arrived still having his tournament number booked in the brackets, FaZe_Preach left by then, not battling him, counting the match as a loss, since he need to pull out.

I'm sure almost any active Torontonian blader who was at the event can confirm this, as well.
(Sep. 21, 2014  9:58 PM)Midnight` Wrote: Sorry about the double post, though I noticed something interesting, being an error in one of the battles processed:

FaZe_Preach attended Pockyx3's A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth, a Limited Format event that took place back in April of this year. However, what I caught was it said that he was able theunderdog, which isn't true. ''Why would you assume this, Midnight?'', one asks. Well, it's because theunderdog not only showed up late to the event late, but by the time he arrived still having his tournament number booked in the brackets, FaZe_Preach left by then, not battling him, counting the match as a loss, since he need to pull out.

I'm sure almost any active Torontonian blader who was at the event can confirm this, as well.

How do you even notice/remember stuff like this? lol

You said "that he was able theunderdog"; do you mean "that he was able to beat the theunderdog"? I just checked the results and both the theunderdog's battles and FaZe_Preach's are spread out throughout the tournament. Maybe you're not remembering everything correctly.
I really hate that for every California Qualifier we ever did, the qualifying winner never ended up coming and we actually never heard from them ever again afterwards ... I mean, I still have the medal for DrakeTheAwesome that I gave to everyone else who attended BEYBLADE GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT and who had qualified.

And yet, the comments we get from people on YouTube is generally always : "Hey, come to the West Coast, we exist too!". I do not know, it seems like people would love to win a qualifier just for the sake of it, but cannot commit to traveling even if the plane is paid for ...
(Oct. 17, 2014  2:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I really hate that for every California Qualifier we ever did, the qualifying winner never ended up coming and we actually never heard from them ever again afterwards ... I mean, I still have the medal for DrakeTheAwesome that I gave to everyone else who attended BEYBLADE GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT and who had qualified.

And yet, the comments we get from people on YouTube is generally always : "Hey, come to the West Coast, we exist too!". I do not know, it seems like people would love to win a qualifier just for the sake of it, but cannot commit to traveling even if the plane is paid for ...
Has this happened more than twice? California is about as far away from Toronto as the US gets, so it's not usually convenient for 1 or 2 parents to have to pay for their plane flight so their daughter/son can attend an anime convention 2,000-3,000 miles away.
Told to post here by Kei:

Wooooooh I'm rank #13 now! Highest I've ever been.

Also, JesseObre is supposed to have the Platinum Face, he was in the Top 5 before the last Toronto tournament was processed.
(Oct. 17, 2014  2:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I really hate that for every California Qualifier we ever did, the qualifying winner never ended up coming and we actually never heard from them ever again afterwards ... I mean, I still have the medal for DrakeTheAwesome that I gave to everyone else who attended BEYBLADE GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT and who had qualified.

Do you have any idea if Arupaeo still has mine and Stars' metals?
(Oct. 18, 2014  12:01 AM)Time Wrote: Do you have any idea if Arupaeo still has mine and Stars' metals?

Ah yes, completely ... Do you have his phone number or anything ?
Woah, Ultimate Blaze is now 17 ranks higher than me! In addition to that Suntailhawk is only below me by five, too. Not to mention ClassikSkye, as well. He has been doing great lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he tops me, honest to god. Gotta give them the kudos they deserve for being such amazing Bladers, haha.

LMAO Wrote:Wooooooh I'm rank #13 now! Highest I've ever been.

Congratulations, dude! Expect the top ten to come your way, though; While yes, you didn't do too great at B.O.D, from both my Birthday Bash and Gotta Revive the Sway, you went 17-2, overall.
(Oct. 17, 2014  9:24 PM)LMAO Wrote: Also, JesseObre is supposed to have the Platinum Face, he was in the Top 5 before the last Toronto tournament was processed.

Whoa, you're right. I remember seeing him just behind me after End of an Era was processed, but it didn't register with me that he was in the Top 5! I just remember being frightened because he was only 7 points behind me at that moment haha. This deserves a WBO Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/WorldBeybladeOr...58/?type=1

I could have been the winner, but lost. I wouldn't really go even if I won. I know that seems ignorant and all, but I really don't like traveling, as we speak I'm grumbling about going from LA (NOT Louisiana) to Fontana. I am quite dissapointed that we dont have tournaments, ever since The Bishop went missing in action. (Where is he anyways?) I guess us CA folks are scared of Canada.
(Oct. 18, 2014  12:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2014  12:01 AM)Time Wrote: Do you have any idea if Arupaeo still has mine and Stars' metals?

Ah yes, completely ... Do you have his phone number or anything ?

Yeah, I'll try to get in touch with him when I'm back in town.
When will Gotta Revive The Sway be processed?
(Oct. 22, 2014  7:41 PM)Kazuto. Wrote: When will Gotta Revive The Sway be processed?

When the Results and Fees are sent in.
(Oct. 22, 2014  7:41 PM)Kazuto. Wrote: When will Gotta Revive The Sway be processed?

I'm going to continue to work on Midnight's Birthday Bash. It should be sent in soon!

As for Gotta Revive the Sway, however, it shall be, as well, although try to get your father to get back to my referral email as soon as possible. The faster the better!
I'm #13! Grin

This is awesome! The highest I've ever made it to is #15, and I lost it almost immediately. One or two more tournaments like the one I played a couple days ago and I could break top 10!

That would be awesome.
Wow, 4 days until the one year anniversary of my first tournament. Oh how I'd love to do another if I still had beyspirit :'-(.

Music and school basically took over my life lol.
There isn't an "Ask a Question Get an Answer" for organised play, so I'll post it here.

How long do events normally last? I would assume it would be dependent on the amount of people that show up. Let's say an event including 30 people, how long would a tourney be?
(Nov. 29, 2014  10:17 PM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: There isn't an "Ask a Question Get an Answer" for organised play, so I'll post it here.

How long do events normally last? I would assume it would be dependent on the amount of people that show up. Let's say an event including 30 people, how long would a tourney be?

It'd seriously depend on so many things:

-Host's Experience (if the first event someone hosts has 30 people, it's bound to last a long time, but if it's a more experienced host, it might not take horribly long)
-Format Used (Round Robin would take longer than Double Elimination, etc.- again, more to do with the host's choice)
-Judges (how many judges/stadiums were used)
-Crowd/Competitors (if they're all first time players, it would take long to explain rulings, etc.- but if there are more experienced players, it would go by a bit faster, perhaps)

I mean, in theory, it could last like 2 hours-5 hours, maybe.
(Nov. 29, 2014  10:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2014  10:17 PM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: There isn't an "Ask a Question Get an Answer" for organised play, so I'll post it here.

-Host's Experience (if the first event someone hosts has 30 people, it's bound to last a long time, but if it's a more experienced host, it might not take horribly long)
-Format Used (Round Robin would take longer than Double Elimination, etc.- again, more to do with the host's choice)
-Crowd/Competitors (if they're all first time players, it would take long to explain rulings, etc.- but if there are more experienced players, it would go by a bit faster, perhaps)

It would be Round Robin (I would want to provide everyone and equal amount of opportunity to play, since there will be littler ones). There would be 2 stadiums, with 3 or 4 judges. Let's assume everyone was given a lecture on the rules, how it works, and a brief strategy guide just before the event happened.
(Nov. 29, 2014  10:36 PM)FlyingWaffle Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2014  10:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

It would be Round Robin (I would want to provide everyone and equal amount of opportunity to play, since there will be littler ones). There would be 2 stadiums, with 3 or 4 judges. Let's assume everyone was given a lecture on the rules, how it works, and a brief strategy guide just before the event happened.

It really depends on all of the factors, on the day of, haha.

In best of luck, I'd say maybe a few hours or something, but if it was a new host, with any little kids/inexperienced players it might be a bit longer.

At AN this year, we had 26 players and it pretty much lasted 6 hours (11-5?), I think, haha. But again, there were a bunch of factors that go into things like this.