WBO Organized Play - Public Tournament Data Archive [We need your help!]

I've officially started HMS and am well on my way to finished, so I guess we can consider it taken, haha.

I'll try my best to get this done by Anime North. Smile
(May. 20, 2015  1:21 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 19, 2015  11:41 PM)Time Wrote: Once all the data's in, I'd be happy to run everything through the excel formula I whipped up last year for the Limited Meta Analysis so we can get some meaningful data from all this.

That would be sweet. But it would be even more sweet if you could help out with one of the remaining formats haha.

I wish I had the time right now, haha, I'm in the middle of a surprisingly intensive study abroad. Logging in to the WBO has become my study break, lol. Its now almost 4 AM here and I've been working on this paper since about 5 PM.
Two formats down, three to go! Kinda proud of myself for getting it all done in one day even though it wasn't even a third of the work I did for Limited, haha. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Not missing so much, though here were the things I caught missing. (Click to View)

So I repeat: even despite the events taking place quite a long time ago, It'd be great if we can still try and fill in some of the holes. Nexus, @[bladerx27], @[Super%Sayian], @[geetster99], @[Sniper] (who we still need winning combinations from for the Limited spreadsheet) and the hosts; please try and recall the missing combos.

We are also missing Deikailo's CWD used from HMS' NOT DEAD (apparently, it was the orange one but I have no idea what that may be, lol) and ktani's CWD from HMS' NOT DEAD 2, but even Kei didn't no what he was using for it, but we're definitely not getting these - well, at least ktani's - filled.
(May. 21, 2015  2:26 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Two formats down, three to go! Kinda proud of myself for getting it all done in one day even though it wasn't even a third of the work I did for Limited, haha. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Thanks a lot for this! Would you mind tackling Plastics when you get a chance? I'm thinking once we've done that we can tackle Zero-G and Standard as groups, as those two are going to be monsters.

The archive has been updated:

WBO Organized Play - Public Tournament Data Archive
View & Download it Here
To download: File -> Download As -> Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)

(May. 21, 2015  2:26 AM)Mitsu Wrote: We are also missing Deikailo's CWD used from HMS' NOT DEAD (apparently, it was the orange one but I have no idea what that may be, lol) and ktani's CWD from HMS' NOT DEAD 2, but even Kei didn't no what he was using for it, but we're definitely not getting these - well, at least ktani's - filled.

I'm fairly certain that the CWD Deikailo used was the secret Dragoon MF CWD from the Random Booster, CWD Eternal Survivor. So I've added that in. Not sure about ktani ... so yes, that will probably remain incomplete.

Anybody who wants to help out with compiling the Zero-G and Standard Winning Combos, please post here or PM me if you do not have access to the Organizers' Circle. We can split up the duties for those formats so that one person doesn't have to go through all of their pages of the Winning Combinations thread by themselves.
Is there anything else that needs to be done other than go through the winning combinations? I have a bit of free time right now, but I really don't have the patience to scroll page by page through one of the largest threads on the WBO.
I can definitely do Plastics! I'll go ahead and start a bit now! Smile
(May. 30, 2015  11:07 PM)Time Wrote: Is there anything else that needs to be done other than go through the winning combinations? I have a bit of free time right now, but I really don't have the patience to scroll page by page through one of the largest threads on the WBO.

You could take just a small chunk of that thread (like the first 20, 30 pages or whatever), but here's the complete list of what we need help with right now, as posted in the OP:

Kei Wrote:We need your help!
Here's what we need your help with right now.

1. Updating the Tournament List
Uwik was the one who first put together this list, but it has not been kept up to date since August/September of last year as you can see.

Today I went through the Official Events forum and compiled a list of all of the tournaments currently missing from the list:

WBO Tournaments since August/September 2014 (Click to View)

I've discovered that there was a few tournaments that Uwik missed adding to the list, so there are some that actually come before the latest ones on there right now (like London, UK: UK Revival Jam on September 20th, 2014).

Before I add these to the list however, we need to determine the total participants and total battles played for each one (besides the Upcoming Events, of course). I'm hoping that anybody who has access to the results for these tournaments could help me come up with these values.

2. Chronologically order tournaments regardless of format
Right now the tournaments are all in chronological order, but they have been sorted by format. In the future there may be a Global BeyRank that combines all formats, so we need to create a master list that chronologically lists all tournaments regardless of format.

3. Add all past Winning Combos to the spreadsheet
Future winning combos will be easy to add to the spreadsheet because the new template uses the same formatting, but up until now everything has been posted in the Winning Combinations thread. We need some people to go through this thread and manually enter in each of the past winning combinations chronologically to the best of their ability. There's bound to be some holes along the way, but don't worry about that; just note it and move on.

UPDATE 5/30/15: HMS and Limited have been completed. We need help with Standard, Zero-G, and Plastics winning combinations.

If you can help with any of these things, please post in this thread so that everyone knows who is working on what! And if you're reading this and are not an Organizer, feel free to PM me and let me know if there's anything you want to help with.

When we get these things updated, you can upload a separate spreadsheet to Google Drive, link to it here, and I will then go ahead and copy/paste the new information into the spreadsheet above (which is View Only so that people don't mess with it).

(May. 30, 2015  11:13 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I can definitely do Plastics! I'll go ahead and start a bit now! Smile

Thank you!
@[Kei] it won't let me edit the tournament list
@[Time] It would also be useful if you could re-submit any results you have from tournaments that are listed in the "WBO Tournaments since August/September 2014" spoiler list in my post above using the WBO OP Tournament Results Spreadsheet Template.

I believe Uwik has all individual matches from all tournaments ever played on our master spreadsheet formatted properly (in the format used for the results template), but we don't have the matches since then. With hosts submitting their results using that template now we will be fine for the future, but there is now a bit of a gap between August/September 2014 and when that spreadsheet was implemented. At some point we're gonna have to add in all of the battles from those tournaments to the master spreadsheet ... The goal is to have metadata like tournament name, date, participants, location, etc. attached to each battle/tournament in the BeyPoint System. This will allow for us to implement functionality that allows you to filter rankings, battles, tournaments, etc. by those metrics. Right now in the BP System each battle just kind of exists independently of all of that information, which makes it hard to decipher which battle is from which tournament when you look at someone's Battle Profile, for example.
Sounds like a plan. I'm pretty sure that's just A Venture to Virginia for me.
Has anyone gotten started on the sheet for Standard yet? I could probably work on that over the next week or two.
(May. 31, 2015  1:29 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Has anyone gotten started on the sheet for Standard yet? I could probably work on that over the next week or two.

Not yet. Please do start on it! Thank you. Smile

Just post here whenever you've made any progress. Even if the sheet isn't complete yet, you could post the link to your spreadsheet and what page of the thread you've reached so that we know at what stage of completion you're at. That way if you can't work on it for a couple days or whatever, someone else could take over and make a little more progress.
I was just talking about this with Time, but to make it official I just added this to the OP:

Kei Wrote:2. Re-submit tournament results from Aug 2014-Apr 2015 using WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template
We need the results for each tournament that has taken place since August/September 2014 to be re-submitted using the new WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template. The complete list of tournaments that need to be re-submitted can be seen below.

WBO Tournaments Aug 2014-Apr 2015 for Re-Submission (Click to View)
Struck-through tournaments have been re-submitted/already were submitted using new spreadsheet.

I know this will be a bit of a pain for some organizers, but we need to have the data from these tournaments formatted properly in the spreadsheet to make what we are hoping to do with the new BP System work. Thank you in advance.
Wow...this took a lot longer than I was anticipating. Spent several hours and only got through page 17 of the Winning Combinations. Anyway, here's what I've done so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1300227709

Filled in the spaces where combinations couldn't be found in either Winning Combinations or the official tournament threads with a sketchy red color just to make them stand out. I also didn't do anything to the first 90 since someone else had gotten started on them, but usernames and places still need to be filled in.
One question: Was Deep in the Heart of Texas unofficial? (http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Austin-T...xas--38716) Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
(May. 31, 2015  5:10 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Wow...this took a lot longer than I was anticipating. Spent several hours and only got through page 17 of the Winning Combinations. Anyway, here's what I've done so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1300227709

Filled in the spaces where combinations couldn't be found in either Winning Combinations or the official tournament threads with a sketchy red color just to make them stand out. I also didn't do anything to the first 90 since someone else had gotten started on them, but usernames and places still need to be filled in.
One question: Was Deep in the Heart of Texas unofficial? (http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Austin-T...xas--38716) Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Awesome. Thanks for starting that! It's looking pretty good. Just a couple things:

1. If someone (like I did for HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 3) lists something like MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170 D/WD/CS/MF, just split that into four different combos like this:

MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170D
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170WD
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170MF

Each one should have it's own line. I saw that there was one set of combos by tehfez like this as well with Scythe/Phantom/Basalt for the Wheel, so just update instances like that.

2. I'd go back and try to find the usernames for the combos that were initially on the sheet when you started before you go any further.

And good question about Deep in the Heart of Texas ... I just searched my PMs and just found something about the host asking if he could be reimbursed for prizes. But that was before the tourney and I told him it would have to wait until after the tournament had happened. @[Kai-V], do you know anything about this event? I don't seem to have the results in my PMs, and it also isn't listed on the Index of the public data archive in the list of tournaments.
Hm, the last exchange on that subject that I have with the host is that there were other tournaments to process before his. I do have the results, however his 'assistant' was horrible and almost every battle involved someone invoking the Reshoot Clause just to redo a lost round. For that reason, I think it is almost better if we chose not to process it. Apparently the funds collected at the event were sent though.
(May. 31, 2015  9:43 PM)Kei Wrote: 1. If someone (like I did for HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 3) lists something like MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170 D/WD/CS/MF, just split that into four different combos

2. I'd go back and try to find the usernames for the combos that were initially on the sheet when you started before you go any further.
Done and done. Seeing as the data that had been filled in before mine didn't include tournaments or placings without listed combinations, should I do the same and just delete rows without combinations?
(Jun. 01, 2015  1:54 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Done and done. Seeing as the data that had been filled in before mine didn't include tournaments or placings without listed combinations, should I do the same and just delete rows without combinations?

Hm, the only thing you shouldn't include are tournaments that took place before the Winning Combinations thread was posted. It's unlikely that we'll find combos for the ones that are missing that occurred after that thread was posted, but it's possible we could find them buried in PMs somewhere eventually.
ATTENTION ALL ORGANIZERS:

I'm not sure if this will apply to everyone tagged here, but this is just a friendly reminder that we need the results for tournaments since August 2014 last year up until April 2015 to be resubmitted using the new WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template. You can find the list below:

Kei Wrote:2. Re-submit tournament results from Aug 2014-Apr 2015 using WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template
We need the results for each tournament that has taken place since August/September 2014 to be re-submitted using the new WBO OP Results Spreadsheet Template. The complete list of tournaments that need to be re-submitted can be seen below.

Struck-through tournaments have been re-submitted/already were submitted using new spreadsheet.

I know this will be a bit of a pain for some organizers, but we need to have the data from these tournaments formatted properly in the spreadsheet to make what we are hoping to do with the new BP System work. Thank you in advance.
Is there a time limit for this? I'll try to do it in the next few weeks since I'm hosting Friday anyways. It'll take a bit for me to do all of them, haha.
I'll go ahead and work on mines tomorrow. Smile
(Jun. 07, 2015  2:32 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Is there a time limit for this? I'll try to do it in the next few weeks since I'm hosting Friday anyways. It'll take a bit for me to do all of them, haha.

There's no rush or hard deadline yet, but the sooner the better!
@[Manicben] has resubmitted the following:
April 25th, 2015 - STD - London, UK: London Rising (WIP)

Updated List:
I can re-do the BEYBLADE NEVER STOPS one, but do I have to do the Winning Combinations as well? That takes up most the time anyways, haha.
(Jun. 09, 2015  3:14 AM)LMAO Wrote: I can re-do the BEYBLADE NEVER STOPS one, but do I have to do the Winning Combinations as well? That takes up most the time anyways, haha.

Everything needs to be included, sorry! It doesn't take that long haha.