WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

Hey..just wondered if there are going to have any rules that state bladers cant borrow parts from other bladers?i know it sounded a lot..XD
it kills me a lot..
especially when every bladers want to use borrow Basalt and Vari Ares...everybody wants easy win..sheish..
it seems unfair for certain blader if they have to beat Basalt or Vari Ares in a tourney while his parts cant beat them..
thats what i meant here..other than that..is it fair if someone spend much money on builing his parts,then:
1. everybody just borrow the parts..
2. everybody borrow a beyblade that is very outstanding like Vari Ares and Basalt, and everybody borrow it when it is his turns..
fair isnt it?
mm..just pointing out a point that happened to me..XD
It'd be difficult to monitor during an event though. Besides, I don't think we should 'punish' bladers who have access to limited beys by not lending them some.

You could always tell them that Basalt and VariAres are off-limit casually, if you want.
(Sep. 19, 2011  2:30 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: Hey..just wondered if there are going to have any rules that state bladers cant borrow parts from other bladers?i know it sounded a lot..XD
it kills me a lot..
especially when every bladers want to use borrow Basalt and Vari Ares...everybody wants easy win..sheish..
There are people, like myself, who cannot afford to buy Basalt, Variaries and other top tier MFB parts because either they cannot use sites like Ebay etc. to buy beyblades from outside their country and there are places that are behind on the latest parts when it comes to Beyblade, so it's not really fair for those people and it gives them a less advantage over those who are able to afford and access to purchase those Beyblades. That's probably why people borrow top tier parts from others. :\

As long as they return the borrowed parts to their original owners, I think it's fine to borrow. But I guess everybody wants to win. :\

hmm..i guessed..i willtake your opinion Uwik
hmm..i collect and work hard for my beyblades..and i always find alternative to buy them..

and moreover..they used the same combos on me multiples time whereas they know i have no counter to that..i mean 3-4 used Basalt BD145 CS on me in a round robin..what the heck?!?
i have no problem with lending my parts..but two of my F : S damned to doom..its maybe have no use..but it is exclusive to me..lol..
(Sep. 19, 2011  2:30 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: Hey..just wondered if there are going to have any rules that state bladers cant borrow parts from other bladers?i know it sounded a lot..XD
it kills me a lot..
it seems unfair for certain blader if they have to beat Basalt or Vari Ares in a tourney while his parts cant beat them..
thats what i meant here..other than that..is it fair if someone spend much money on builing his parts,then:
1. everybody just borrow the parts..
2. everybody borrow a beyblade that is very outstanding like Vari Ares and Basalt, and everybody borrow it when it is his turns..
fair isnt it?
mm..just pointing out a point that happened to me..XD
My counter for that is that I have 6 Basalts and one of em has bad balance... Haha
hah..lol..i cant get multiples MW..haha..my collectors spirit is still very very strong...XD
but yeah..now it wont be a problem to Basalt..so i dont care much..since Meteo can beat it..
now..Vari would be freaking..many would borrow that from Dr. Peace...andmost will try to give a hell..
i'm not that good in beyblading..and yet..i'm the one that bring them all to WBO..oh..they think i am something..
ooh..so sad..
It's simple really, if you feel being disadvantaged by lending them your top tier parts, then firmly decline their requests. Just say that you want to win too Wink

It would probably make them invest on beys themselves and be drawn to the game even more.
ahah..alright then..nice suggestion there..
oh..since Vari is iwn by Dr. Peace..i cant do anything then..lol..XD (is there anything can be done for this?)
lol..
Just kidding..XD
but its sucks when you get beaten up by multipls of the sane bey..and yet...the bey is borrowed..
In the first Montréal tournament we had, Valentin and at least two other players were constantly just passing around their MF Libra C145WB, which was unfair, but there is not much that can be done in terms of rules. And if, as the 'lender', it bothers you, then you really just need to say that you will not lend anymore.
It truly is a shame when it comes to many bladers grouping together sharing beyblades and what not to beat someone else.

In the UK, this habit has become disgustingly boring, the previous tournament for example was literally me against every other blader in the tournament. They would all gang up and trade combos to counter me, with the blader who uses that counter having no clue what he was actually doing. It's like I can not 1v1 battle someone as I used to be able to without 5 or so of the top UK bladers getting involved to gang up on me.

I write this to tell everyone, just because I win a lot of matches by myself, does not therefore mean you immediately surround whoever I am battling to turn against me, most of those know who you are, and the behavior is extremely shifty.

This is one problem I find annoying that rules simply can not fix which is not cheating, it's just unfair as you say, the lender is the one that beats me, not the person in front of me.
In the most recent Sydney (MFB VS PLASTICS) tournament the person who came second borrowed parts of everyone so he could make the combo he wanted but in return said he would give them part of the prize eg if he won Gravity Perseus he would give them WD. I am not sure how I feel about this as it is a bit unfair that he didn't win using his parts but some people just cant get all the newer stuff so I am split on that. In the plastic tournament I basically lent plastics to everyone so if it is banned Sydney can no longer have plastic tournaments.
(Sep. 19, 2011  8:26 PM)ControL_ Wrote: It truly is a shame when it comes to many bladers grouping together sharing beyblades and what not to beat someone else.

In the UK, this habit has become disgustingly boring, the previous tournament for example was literally me against every other blader in the tournament. They would all gang up and trade combos to counter me, with the blader who uses that counter having no clue what he was actually doing. It's like I can not 1v1 battle someone as I used to be able to without 5 or so of the top UK bladers getting involved to gang up on me.

I write this to tell everyone, just because I win a lot of matches by myself, does not therefore mean you immediately surround whoever I am battling to turn against me, most of those know who you are, and the behavior is extremely shifty.

This is one problem I find annoying that rules simply can not fix which is not cheating, it's just unfair as you say, the lender is the one that beats me, not the person in front of me.

Same case here..thats what i felt..beaten up by the lender..not the one batling with me...

Rusty X D :about plastics..i wont mind for sharing..haha..i'm the only one that have the top tier parts other than IEATBeyblade and my little brother..but i'm still lend them any extra top tier part that i'm not using..

(Sep. 19, 2011  8:26 PM)ControL_ Wrote: It truly is a shame when it comes to many bladers grouping together sharing beyblades and what not to beat someone else.

That is the risk of being the best (You are #1 in UK currently). People would gang up trying to topple the best. It is what it is, and it will always be. Parts lending or not, it will happen through other means. It gives them sense of achievement by beating the best. Who could really blame them?

I'm sure Kei's experiencing similar things. It's always harder maintaining the #1 status, than to aim to be #1.

Yeah, I know it sucks, it feels like you against the world, but it is how competitive atmosphere is. Just gotta be smarter and toughen up Smile
Uwik

It's really not as it seems, it seems to be incredibly different to when another person was No.1 in the UK. It's becoming impossible for me to win, even against Beyjun, when people make the decision for him and slap him up a combo. I had just one normal battle in the last tournament, there is a lot of, get a friend to see the opponent's combo and report back...

It was EnzoXS vv BEyjun. When I wasn't even looking, EnzoXS gave Beyjun a MF-H Basalt 230WB, and Enzo picked MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF, it gets 100% win ratios in both OSing and KOing, this is just taking advantage of Beyjun to get a win - Ridiculous way of winning imo.

Even when it goes to stalling and say someone puts a bey on behind their back, i've seen people try putting stuff like dark wolf and deliberately bad combos on the other person's launcher when they're not looking.
(Sep. 20, 2011  7:15 PM)ControL_ Wrote: It was EnzoXS vv BEyjun. When I wasn't even looking, EnzoXS gave Beyjun a MF-H Basalt 230WB, and Enzo picked MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF, it gets 100% win ratios in both OSing and KOing, this is just taking advantage of Beyjun to get a win - Ridiculous way of winning imo.

Even when it goes to stalling and say someone puts a bey on behind their back, i've seen people try putting stuff like dark wolf and deliberately bad combos on the other person's launcher when they're not looking.

1st paragraph: If that was the case, I agree completely with you.

2nd paragraph: Surely the judge would be aware of this and nullify the selection right?
If you report this and that it gets validated, such poor sportsmanship can incur penalties in the Beypoint System, as well as possible warnings to people's accounts.

Haha! Yeah i know, one of the people that was against you in BeyFest II was my friend and he only uses my beys since he has no beys but i walked over to your group and saw him battling you with Scythe Kronos BD145 EDS and a Beylauncher LR in grip... i was thinking how did he get them? He didn't even know what he was doing or what his bey was. Yet he was battling with it... and then i see all of your group on his side helping him.
(Sep. 19, 2011  6:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: In the first Montréal tournament we had, Valentin and at least two other players were constantly just passing around their MF Libra C145WB, which was unfair, but there is not much that can be done in terms of rules. And if, as the 'lender', it bothers you, then you really just need to say that you will not lend anymore.

Valentin did the same thing with the MF-H Basalt Bull TH170WD I gave him at Project Beyhem 2.0 ... I guess I never explicitly told him "don't lend my Beyblade to other people", but still. The problem with lending like that is that it completely nullifies the value in the practice of observing your opponents tendencies during tournaments (in particular, the combos they usually use, and the parts that they have), which is one of the most important "skills" in Beyblade in my opinion. If my opponent is secretly given another Beyblade by someone else during the tournament so that they can beat me, how they hell am I supposed to counter that?

(Sep. 20, 2011  7:45 AM)Uwik Wrote: That is the risk of being the best (You are #1 in UK currently). People would gang up trying to topple the best. It is what it is, and it will always be. Parts lending or not, it will happen through other means. It gives them sense of achievement by beating the best. Who could really blame them?

I'm sure Kei's experiencing similar things. It's always harder maintaining the #1 status, than to aim to be #1.

Yeah, I know it sucks, it feels like you against the world, but it is how competitive atmosphere is. Just gotta be smarter and toughen up Smile

While it's not as prevalent for me as it seems to be for Control_, I can certainly feel his pain. It has happened on a few occasions, at least. It's not fun at all when this sort of stuff happens because you feel completely powerless. It becomes not a one versus one game, but a one versus three or whatever the case may be.

It sucks because of the things I outlined above, but unfortunately, these sorts of things are to be expected when you're among the top ranked in the world. Everybody wants to be where you are. For as much prestige as there is that comes with being ranked number one, there is an equal–if not more–amount of pain and pressure. And it only builds with time. But like Uwik said, you just "gotta be smarter and toughen up Smile" because there is definitely a value in maintaining–or improving–the position that you're currently in.
It happens to me as well , at MFB Vs Plastics people were lending each other Basalt 230D because they knew it beat Scythe BD145EDS because somebody from another group won against that combo with Basalt 230D thus forcing me to have my only loss in the whole tournament. So I do think it is unfair but like uwik said we have to deal with it.
(Sep. 20, 2011  7:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you report this and that it gets validated, such poor sportsmanship can incur penalties in the Beypoint System, as well as possible warnings to people's accounts.

so..we ndeed can report for :
1. "It was EnzoXS vv BEyjun. When I wasn't even looking, EnzoXS gave Beyjun a MF-H Basalt 230WB, and Enzo picked MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF, it gets 100% win ratios in both OSing and KOing, this is just taking advantage of Beyjun to get a win - Ridiculous way of winning imo."
for lending bey blades ?

2. "Even when it goes to stalling and say someone puts a bey on behind their back, i've seen people try putting stuff like dark wolf and deliberately bad combos on the other person's launcher when they're not looking."
putting bad combos on peoples launcher while stalling

if they win while borrowing peoples' beys..they dont really deserve much beypoint to gain for borrowing peoples' combos..thats my thought..
unless they completely change them..and make a nw combo..like borrowing just a part..that is still fine to me..
Not for lending beyblades, but for poor sportsmanship, which is different from case to case. The 2 stated above are examples of such.
yeah..so..what would be the consequence for such poor sportsmanship ?
like even if they win,they will get not much beypoint to gain?ahah
case no. 2 should be heavily warned i guessed..XD
We can actually add penalties, so negative points, to a Blader's Beypoints unrelated to any of their battles. For instance, if someone uses their friends to get to know their opponent's Beyblade choice, that would be at least -30 Beypoints, in my opinion, and their friends should also get punished.

Manipulating wins is totally cheating.
(Sep. 20, 2011  7:45 AM)Uwik Wrote: Yeah, I know it sucks, it feels like you against the world, but it is how competitive atmosphere is. Just gotta be smarter and toughen up Smile

I disagree. In addition to Beyblades I also play in professional poker tournaments. In poker, collusion is cheating. You can't have a buddy peaking at your opponents cards, you can't tell anyone what your cards are, and you can't team up at the table to outbid or otherwise influence the betting if you have no legitimate business being there.

I see no reason whatsoever why the WBO can't determine as a body what kinds of cooperation are legal and what kinds of cooperation are really collusion - and therefor illegal.

In my opinion, sharing parts (let alone whole beys!) in a tournament is collusion and should be made illegal.
I beg to disagree to one thing, part lending. Needless to say, I saw so much kids who were wishing they had all of these TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades I had, and I really felt it was no fair they only had a couple of plain Beyblades because they didn't have much. Lending parts so that they can make their own combinations should never be banned. You are creating something of your own, just with someones parts.

But Beyblades, as using the same one, definitely should be banned. That is just bogus [Beyblade lending].