WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(Feb. 02, 2021  3:28 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I do wonder if there could be some rule to prevent self ko’s without any contact. It just seems so unfair that a bey looses just because it self destructed before it could do anything and it also kills the likeliness of attack type combos being used.

It increases the skill needed to use attack types, and you have you decide whether more control for you but less attack power is a trade you’re willing to make. Self KOs are part of the game and playing it well.
See yeah Changing spin direction did indeed seem wayy too broken in first stage, single bey. In my head I’m like, “I guess everyone just plays world spriggan in first stage and it’s mirror matches” lol I just couldn’t find too much information on the first stage in general in the rule book or organizers guide.

CitrusNinja3
(Feb. 01, 2021  10:01 AM)ShoeKureneye Wrote: Hello I have some questions on how first stage is run for a WBO event.
1. First stage consist entirely of single bey/3 point matches correct?
2. Are mode changes like World Spriggan left-> right allowed in first stage?
3. If a organizer participates in a official WBO event, when it’s the organizers turn who determines the outcome? Still the organizer I assume?

Thank you for your time!!

1. Unless otherwise specified, First Stage matches will be first to 3 points with 1 Bey each.
2. This question depends on the Mode Change you're referring to. If it's a Mode Change that doesn't require disassembly, such as a Driver Mode Change, you can do that as many times as you want between points. If it's a Mode Change that requires disassembly, such as the Mode Changes on Hell Salamander or the Turn Frame, then you can only do that once per match. Dual Spin Layers are an exception to that rule because they'd be way too good if they were allowed to change, so none of the Dual Spin Layers are allowed to change Spin Direction after you've shown the combo to the Judge. Also, a rule that is less commonly known about Mode Changes is that, if either player calls for a Replay/Rematch in a Deck Format match, neither player can switch Modes someone calls for no replay/rematch.
3. The Organizer isn't the only person that is able to Judge. To speed things up, Organizers will usually have about 3 separate matches going on at the same time, and they can appoint people to help judge. Also, most Organizers make sure to have at least one backup judge in case any of the main judges has to participate in a match.
1.Hey could someone Explain to me the rules for the Team/club format for WBO?
2.Is it true that when a bey hits the wall on the outer cover, it is considered KO, or does that only apply to hitting the wall inside the pocket and coming back in
Are you allowed to launch your beyblade with 1 click towards bursting?
(Feb. 13, 2021  5:03 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Are you allowed to launch your beyblade with 1 click towards bursting?

I don't think so.
In regard to the rule below: As long as the BeyBlade hasn’t been physically altered a BeyBlade is legal?

What are the rules for fixing loose parts and creating burst resistance? For example Hasbro Beys having slopes making them very vulnerable to bursts vs TT Beys that have Teeth which create burst resistance?

“Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance”

The rule is very vague because it states foreign substance. What are foreign substances? What’s considered foreign substance? And when will the WBO identify and outline these substances?
(Feb. 13, 2021  8:07 PM)Drbstp Wrote: In regard to the rule below: As long as the BeyBlade hasn’t been physically altered a BeyBlade is legal?

What are the rules for fixing loose parts and creating burst resistance? For example Hasbro Beys having slopes making them very vulnerable to bursts vs TT Beys that have Teeth which create burst resistance?

“Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance”

The rule is very vague because it states foreign substance. What are foreign substances? What’s considered foreign substance? And when will the WBO identify and outline these substances?

Foreign substances are anything apart from the plastic, metal or rubber that's included with the beyblade. Level chips (unless they're 3D Printed) don't count as foreign substances.
(Feb. 13, 2021  8:40 PM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2021  8:07 PM)Drbstp Wrote: In regard to the rule below: As long as the BeyBlade hasn’t been physically altered a BeyBlade is legal?

Foreign substances are anything apart from the plastic, metal or rubber that's included with the beyblade. Level chips (unless they're 3D Printed) don't count as foreign substances.
Thanks for the clarification.
Just a question, is the dread armor for the pro series allowed on dread and revive p4?
(Feb. 21, 2021  4:47 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Just a question, is the dread armor for the pro series allowed on dread and revive p4?

I'd assume not, for the same reasons why TT Revive/Dead armor can't be used on a Hasbro Phoenix core.
Another question. I don’t have any TT launchers and rely solely on slingshock launchers and my TT beys keep on falling off. If I were to go to a tournament would I be able to do something where I hold the launcher vertical and then turn it straight mid pull? (Sort of like the crux boost)
(Mar. 09, 2021  5:24 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Another question. I don’t have any TT launchers and rely solely on slingshock launchers and my TT beys keep on falling off. If I were to go to a tournament would I be able to do something where I hold the launcher vertical and then turn it straight mid pull? (Sort of like the crux boost)

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but that is up to the staff to determine, not me.
(Mar. 09, 2021  5:24 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Another question. I don’t have any TT launchers and rely solely on slingshock launchers and my TT beys keep on falling off. If I were to go to a tournament would I be able to do something where I hold the launcher vertical and then turn it straight mid pull? (Sort of like the crux boost)

If it interferes with your opponents launch you would be penalized. If you can somehow do that in a way that doesn't enter their launching space, it would probably be okay.

You should get a TT Launcher.
(Feb. 13, 2021  5:03 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Are you allowed to launch your beyblade with 1 click towards bursting?

That's physically impossible. You can't put a not-fully-clicked bey on a launcher. What kinda question is this?
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:

That's physically impossible. You can't put a not-fully-clicked bey on a launcher. What kinda question is this?
Actually, the Wheel disc allows it to be clicked once and still fit on the launcher. However, I don't believe it is legal either way.
(Mar. 09, 2021  8:02 PM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: That's physically impossible. You can't put a not-fully-clicked bey on a launcher. What kinda question is this?
Actually, the Wheel disc allows it to be clicked once and still fit on the launcher. However, I don't believe it is legal either way.

Why would you want to?
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:

Some beys have tooth positions that allow you to do this, like some of the Cho-z beys if I remember

(Mar. 09, 2021  8:05 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2021  8:02 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: Actually, the Wheel disc allows it to be clicked once and still fit on the launcher. However, I don't believe it is legal either way.

Why would you want to?

Well nobody would want to as it’s a disadvantage but you asked if it was POSSIBLE, not if you’d want to do it in battle
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:

No need to be rude.  It is perfectly possible with almost every beyblade.  You can put the beyblade on the launcher and then click it once.  Almost every beyblade will still launch like this.  

The use case for a 1 click launch would be on Helios Volcano Ou.  The gimmick on Volcano stores energy.  I want to as consistently as possible, release that energy, activating the limit break.  With Ou (best stamina limit break disk), activation happens on the second click.  By launching it with one click already you increase the probability of the limit break activating and using the stored energy.  Of course starting with a click means a higher probability of burst but I was curious if the increased chance of activating the limit break would ouutweigh that downside. 

I asked a simple question and frankly don't appreciate the rude response because you did not understand the motivation or the mechanics.
(Mar. 09, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:

So I noticed that on hasbro beys you can move the driver slightly forward on the lock. If the last tooth is really close to the slopes it is possible.
Are Metal Drivers going to be tournament legal. I mean they're gonna be useless in Standard and their ridiculous burst resistance are gonna make them absolutely broken in Limited/Classic so whats the call on Metal Accel, Metal Fusion and Metal Defense?
(Mar. 09, 2021  11:54 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Are Metal Drivers going to be tournament legal. I mean they're gonna be useless in Standard and their ridiculous burst resistance are gonna make them absolutely broken in Limited/Classic so whats the call on Metal Accel, Metal Fusion and Metal Defense?

Well it’s sort of like is it worth it? We know that these new drivers are capable of fitting on regular layers, but at the cost of teeth wear (which is something the new series apparently prevents against).
(Mar. 09, 2021  11:54 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Are Metal Drivers going to be tournament legal. I mean they're gonna be useless in Standard and their ridiculous burst resistance are gonna make them absolutely broken in Limited/Classic so whats the call on Metal Accel, Metal Fusion and Metal Defense?

We'll address these in the coming days! Suffice to say, given Metal Accel and Metal Fusion are both essentially Dash Drivers, I think people can predict what action we'll take with those in formats where their Dash counterparts were already banned.

But yes, announcement soon, we haven't forgotten! Stay tuned!
So reading the rules I couldn't find anything about angle of launchers. Is there any rule to how much of a angle you are allowed to tilt your launcher because with one bey combo not saying what it is I launch it at about 70 degrees or so so my bey will actually ride on its side for a second or 2. (And before any one asks no my bey doesn't burst on impact and it will go back to spinning normally on its tip after it rides it side).
(Mar. 11, 2021  3:39 PM)Ryanthor96 Wrote: So reading the rules I couldn't find anything about angle of launchers. Is there any rule to how much of a angle you are allowed to tilt your launcher because with one bey combo not saying what it is I launch it at about 70 degrees or so so my bey will actually ride on its side for a second or 2. (And before any one asks no my bey doesn't burst on impact and it will go back to spinning normally on its tip after it rides it side).

If it interferes with your opponents launch you would be penalized. If you can somehow do that in a way that doesn't enter their launching space, it would probably be okay.
(Mar. 10, 2021  2:00 AM)~ Мана ~ Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2021  11:54 PM)ДельтаЗакуро Wrote: Будут ли Metal Drivers разрешены на турнирах? Я имею в виду, что они будут бесполезны в Standard, а их нелепое сопротивление взрыву сделает их полностью сломанными в Limited / Classic, так что зачем Metal Accel, Metal Fusion и Metal Defense?

Мы займемся этим в ближайшие дни! Достаточно сказать, что, учитывая, что Metal Accel и Metal Fusion по сути являются драйверами Dash, я думаю, что люди могут предсказать, какие действия мы предпримем с ними в форматах, где их аналоги Dash уже были запрещены.

Но да, анонс скоро, мы не забыли! Ждите продолжения!

I remember you.