WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(May. 07, 2018  11:11 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: It is, to an extent.

Your quiz is next @[RichieBoi]! Expect to hear from us very shortly!
Oh, I remember something about new questions for the organizer's quiz? Do organizers have to retake the quiz to do these questions?
(May. 08, 2018  4:54 AM)bondairy Wrote: So mG, Sr and G3 are going to be banned? And if so, when?

You can read about it here.
So I see the club format has a required group photo. Any advice for if you have people who would not be keen on having their photo taken to be shared online, that would be considered within the rules?
(May. 15, 2018  4:17 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: So I see the club format has a required group photo. Any advice for if you have people who would not be keen on having their photo taken to be shared online, that would be considered within the rules?

This can be submitted privately, so I don't believe there should be any issues with this requirement if you make that clear when taking it. That being said, we always love to see photos from our events and like to post about them on social media so others can get a better idea of what our community is about, so if it can be posted publicly, that's great.
I had a question regarding the below rule on marking a Beyblade. 

It says that you can not draw on the parts for aesthetics, and single lines with a marker are allowed.  Does this mean that writing a person's initials with a Sharpie on the underside of a Beyblade is not allowed?

Quote:Marking Parts: Parts may be marked in order to differentiate parts from your opponent’s in the event of a double Burst Finish, or to maintain the orientation of your combination’s parts should it burst and need to be re-assembled. Stickers may be used to do this, but must follow the rules outlined under “Sticker Placement” above. Alternatively, you may apply minor markings (single lines or dots) to them with a pen or marker. Marking parts in this manner is permitted, but you may not draw on your parts for aesthetic purposes. Other methods of marking not explicitly outlined here are not permitted and will be considered a “foreign substance” as defined by the section above.
EDIT:  Figured I would post an example to see if this abides by the rules or not.  https://i.imgur.com/CBcOGBp.jpg
(May. 29, 2018  6:36 PM)Voradors Wrote: I had a question regarding the below rule on marking a Beyblade. 

It says that you can not draw on the parts for aesthetics, and single lines with a marker are allowed.  Does this mean that writing a person's initials with a Sharpie on the underside of a Beyblade is not allowed?

Quote:Marking Parts: Parts may be marked in order to differentiate parts from your opponent’s in the event of a double Burst Finish, or to maintain the orientation of your combination’s parts should it burst and need to be re-assembled. Stickers may be used to do this, but must follow the rules outlined under “Sticker Placement” above. Alternatively, you may apply minor markings (single lines or dots) to them with a pen or marker. Marking parts in this manner is permitted, but you may not draw on your parts for aesthetic purposes. Other methods of marking not explicitly outlined here are not permitted and will be considered a “foreign substance” as defined by the section above.
EDIT:  Figured I would post an example to see if this abides by the rules or not.  https://i.imgur.com/CBcOGBp.jpg

It is fine as long as the marking of the part does not drastically affect the weight and/or performance of said part.
I feel like this could be better clarified. Wipes and cleaners may have extra chemicals that act as foreign substances on the stadium, changing how the surface is. Plus, these things vary from country to country, so giving some advice on what sort of thing to look for is beneficial.

For instance, wipes and solutions that just use isopropyl alcohol and water would be fine. But beyond that?

Quote:Wipes or Cleaning Solution
BeyStadiums can accumulate dirt that can affect how Beyblades perform. Keep BeyStadiums at your tournament clean with either pre-wetted wipes or a cloth and a gentle cleaning solution.
(May. 30, 2018  11:28 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I feel like this could be better clarified. Wipes and cleaners may have extra chemicals that act as foreign substances on the stadium, changing how the surface is. Plus, these things vary from country to country, so giving some advice on what sort of thing to look for is beneficial.

For instance, wipes and solutions that just use isopropyl alcohol and water would be fine. But beyond that?

Quote:Wipes or Cleaning Solution
BeyStadiums can accumulate dirt that can affect how Beyblades perform. Keep BeyStadiums at your tournament clean with either pre-wetted wipes or a cloth and a gentle cleaning solution.

I see what you're saying, but we also always have to be careful about adding extra bloat to our rulebooks. There's also a certain point where we need to trust judges and organizers to make informed and sensible decisions because we do not want to start doing something like listing our specific cleaning solutions for each country that are permitted haha. Although nothing about the current ruling implies that anything which would modify the performance of the stadium is OK. If anything, maybe we just specifically also call out stadiums in our "Foreign Substances & Modification" rule? Right now it just mentions "Beyblades and launcher parts" technically.
To be honest, I clean my beystadium with a wet wipes or a wet paper towel and it works well enough. I don't really think that we should go to extreme measures to keep the stadiums clean
(Jun. 03, 2018  4:44 AM)Kei Wrote: I see what you're saying, but we also always have to be careful about adding extra bloat to our rulebooks. There's also a certain point where we need to trust judges and organizers to make informed and sensible decisions because we do not want to start doing something like listing our specific cleaning solutions for each country that are permitted haha. Although nothing about the current ruling implies that anything which would modify the performance of the stadium is OK. If anything, maybe we just specifically also call out stadiums in our "Foreign Substances & Modification" rule? Right now it just mentions "Beyblades and launcher parts" technically.

Yeah, I'm not saying to get overly specific. To me, "wipes" often have extra chemicals for skin that I imagine would mess with the stadium (such as aloe). So I'm thinking, "Oh, those aren't the wipes they mean then. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. I'll have to look into what wipes they're talking about...but no real hints on that, I see."

Just some level of clarification seems like a good idea, whether you put something like, "the kind you would use for electronics" or something like "such as those using a combination of isopropyl alcohol and water". Giving people something to go off of to understand seems good to me.

People ask about what's legal to clean their parts with all the time on the forum, and we get people who recommend damaging and tournament-illegal chemicals. Ideas for legal cleaning methods sounds good to add an extra sentence about. If that's too much, try to see if you can find a concise way to put it that minimizes any length.

I just think those terms you're using aren't as self-explanatory for what you're talking about as you think, and I think more guidance could be provided for figuring out something that is legit to use, not necessarily every legit or every non-legit thing.
Question about this from the Metal Fight Format:
Quote:Sticker Placement: Stickers cannot be placed anywhere where two parts of the Beyblade come into contact with each other. You must respect the legal sticker positioning as outlined by the instructions included  in each product.

Is the last sentence basically saying that stickers may only go where they are officially meant to go?

Would that mean face bolt stickers may only go on the intended/included face bolt?
Recently at a lot of Toronto tournaments there have been multiple disputes about whether a beyblade is spinning or rolling.  As many of you are aware bearing mirror matches in opposite spins usually lead to very very close calls.  My issue is the "rolling rule".  I personally think the beyblade is still spinning as long as the layer never stops moving in the spin direction it was launched.  Say for example hell Salamander is a left spin bey and until the layer itself stops moving in the left direction it is still spinning, 1rpm is still a thing, it's a rotation per minute and as long as that layer is still going in the initial spin direction it should still be considered spinning.  The rolling rule has made me count multiple matches that I personally though were wins for a certain player as a draw, I feel like it's not precise enough of a rule for bearing, I always feel bad calling draws for matches I clearly thought were a win for a player.
in the case of an instant-snipe or instant-KO/self-KO, can a relaunch request for skipping from the loser be granted by the judge?
(Jun. 24, 2018  3:44 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Recently at a lot of Toronto tournaments there have been multiple disputes about whether a beyblade is spinning or rolling.  As many of you are aware bearing mirror matches in opposite spins usually lead to very very close calls.  My issue is the "rolling rule".  I personally think the beyblade is still spinning as long as the layer never stops moving in the spin direction it was launched.  Say for example hell Salamander is a left spin bey and until the layer itself stops moving in the left direction it is still spinning, 1rpm is still a thing, it's a rotation per minute and as long as that layer is still going in the initial spin direction it should still be considered spinning.  The rolling rule has made me count multiple matches that I personally though were wins for a certain player as a draw, I feel like it's not precise enough of a rule for bearing, I always feel bad calling draws for matches I clearly thought were a win for a player.
I too think this rule should be evaluated and perhaps changed.  It is so hard to judge some match ups right now.  I don’t have the greatest eyes, but I wonder if the human eye is really a reliable tool to judge these match ups that 1234beyblade mentioned and even some others.  Now recording can help, but I just don’t know that it is practical for a tournament of a dencent size.  

WBO wombat had a good example of this on his YouTube channel.  In the video of Beytuber Brawl Wombat vs King Loofa starting at 0:40.  Watching the video, I feel that Wombat won, along with another viewer.  The judge called a tie.  I don’t think it’s poor judging or anything.  And I am a super fan of Wombat and King Loofa.  I just wonder if it is really possible for a person to get this right consistently.  

I think it’s just too hard to judge .  But I am both farsighted and nearsighted...  it may just be me.
(Aug. 28, 2018  2:25 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: in the case of an instant-snipe or instant-KO/self-KO, can a relaunch request for skipping from the loser be granted by the judge?

It could be. It really depends on the circumstances, but if the judge could clearly see or hear that there was a legitimate malfunction, they can allow for the relaunch (assuming the call for relaunch happened before or even basically simultaneously with the KO due to how quick things can happen).

I would even say that if something happened so quick that the user wanting a relaunch couldn't realistically call it until technically a split second after the event occurred, I would consider being lenient if I had heard or saw something egregious and grant the relaunch anyways. But again, it depends on the circumstances.

It's a tough call, but the judge gets to make that decision depending on what they saw or heard.
Is there a reason why Revive Phoenix's outer layer is mandatory? It seems to me like not having it would only serve to disadvantage you.
Shouldn't the rulebook be updated with rules on Left Apollos and Right Artemis similar to the dual god beys having a clause?

Also, it would be great if the rulebook defined the deck format process.
(Nov. 23, 2018  6:07 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Shouldn't the rulebook be updated with rules on Left Apollos and Right Artemis similar to the dual god beys having a clause?

It will soon.

And what do you mean by "deck format process"?
(Nov. 24, 2018  4:08 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2018  6:07 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Shouldn't the rulebook be updated with rules on Left Apollos and Right Artemis similar to the dual god beys having a clause?

It will soon.

And what do you mean by "deck format process"?

How to build a deck for a match that uses deck format and how the player interacts with their deck during the match.

From my understanding, the answers to these questions are:

- Each player builds a deck consisting of unique parts that can make 3 beys (no more, no less). This means 3 drivers, 3 disks, up to 3 frames, and 3 layers. Players may only use 1 level chip and they may not change what layer uses the level chip between rounds.

- Between rounds, players may change the bey they are using by swapping any number of parts out with parts in their deck. The winner of the previous round must change their combination before their opponent and show their opponent their new selection (unless they choose to change no parts). Then the loser of the previous round may change their combination and show their opponent their new selection. Finally, both players change their parts' modes simultaneously.

What is not defined in the rules is if you're allowed to change what layer has a level chip and mode switches during part selection.

EDIT: Also, just for the sake of asking about random legalities, what are the rules regarding the 'Mugen' drivers and Hand spinning?

EDIT 2: Just to clarify on the rules about Duo Eclipse (Deck Format), if your deck has Duo Apollos, Duo Artimeis, and (any layer), you are NOT permitted to use the layer Duo Eclipse during that match. Correct? (and then I assume this probably also applies to Left/Right Eclipse and etc.)
Deleted post
Hey guys! We just published a new article:

Top 10 Reasons To Host Your Beyblade Tournament With worldbeyblade.org

It is linked from all forums within WBO Beyblade Tournaments and WBO Beyblade Communities currently.

We hope this will make the benefits of hosting with us clearer to everyone and encourage more people to become Organizers! Smile If you know anyone who is thinking about hosting a Beyblade tournament, please share it with them.

(Nov. 25, 2018  1:13 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: - Each player builds a deck consisting of unique parts that can make 3 beys (no more, no less). This means 3 drivers, 3 disks, up to 3 frames, and 3 layers. Players may only use 1 level chip and they may not change what layer uses the level chip between rounds.

Basically, yes. One minor correction, however: as the rules state: "you build up to 3 Beyblades". So you can have one or two if you want.

(Nov. 25, 2018  1:13 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: - Between rounds, players may change the bey they are using by swapping any number of parts out with parts in their deck. The winner of the previous round must change their combination before their opponent and show their opponent their new selection (unless they choose to change no parts). Then the loser of the previous round may change their combination and show their opponent their new selection. Finally, both players change their parts' modes simultaneously.

The combinations chosen at the beginning of the match are set and parts cannot be interchanged. I don't think there is anything which implies parts can be swapped with others in your Deck.

If a rematch is not invoked by the loser, the winner of the previous round may choose to stay with the same combination or switch to another one from their Deck. In both cases, the winner has to announce their intention. The selection shown by the winner is locked in and the mode cannot be changed (I've added a small clarification about this in the "Switching" section of the rulebooks since this detail wasn't clear). And then yes, the loser of the previous round can choose any of the Beyblades from their Deck too use for the next round.

(Nov. 25, 2018  1:13 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: EDIT: Also, just for the sake of asking about random legalities, what are the rules regarding the 'Mugen' drivers and Hand spinning?

I thought we had a section about product restrictions in the Burst rulebook, but seems we don't (we do have one in all of the other rulebooks). The obvious answer is: no, Mugen Drivers and other sideline products like Micros, Rip Fire Beyblades, etc are not legal.

Hand spinning is not legal. The Launching section references launchers everywhere, so it's implied that hand spinning is not allowed.

(Nov. 25, 2018  1:13 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: EDIT 2: Just to clarify on the rules about Duo Eclipse (Deck Format), if your deck has Duo Apollos, Duo Artimeis, and (any layer), you are NOT permitted to use the layer Duo Eclipse during that match. Correct? (and then I assume this probably also applies to Left/Right Eclipse and etc.)

That's correct regarding duo αeclipse and it's other configurations.

If you have Left αpollos, Right αrtemis, and another Layer in your Deck, you cannot use Left αeclipse or Right αeclipse.
When my new organizer's quiz submission reviewed?
@[Kei], please add Europe Tournament Fees to Organizer's Guide
for the burst format rules, I'm very confused as how the match procedure goes.
based on what I see in the document, I'm confused what format is played in the first part of the tournament. Is Deck Format not played throughout the whole tournament?
Also looking at some of the winning combinations threads, i often see combinations that repeat with slight changes in parts with (deck format finals only) labeled behind it.

I know in Taiwan (and maybe Japan?) they are allowed to have a 4th "bench" bey to switch out. The "bench" bey can have repeating parts with the bey being swapped out. Is that the case with the Finals Deck Format?? I guess I'm saying the match procedure section of the Burst Format Rules aren't very clear for people who have not played in a tournament before (I'm trying to start a local community, but I am having trouble understanding parts of it despite having read both the Organizer Guide and the Burst Format Rules multiple times.
(Jan. 18, 2019  4:11 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote: for the burst format rules, I'm very confused as how the match procedure goes.
based on what I see in the document, I'm confused what format is played in the first part of the tournament. Is Deck Format not played throughout the whole tournament?
Also looking at some of the winning combinations threads, i often see combinations that repeat with slight changes in parts with (deck format finals only) labeled behind it.

I know in Taiwan (and maybe Japan?) they are allowed to have a 4th "bench" bey to switch out. The "bench" bey can have repeating parts with the bey being swapped out. Is that the case with the Finals Deck Format?? I guess I'm saying the match procedure section of the Burst Format Rules aren't very clear for people who have not played in a tournament before (I'm trying to start a local community, but I am having trouble understanding parts of it despite having read both the Organizer Guide and the Burst Format Rules multiple times.

In first stage you can use any legal combo, through out the stage, But 1 bey per match. In deck format finals you cannot change your deck, and they cannot have repeated parts
(Jan. 17, 2019  6:58 PM)ks123 Wrote: @[Kei], please add Europe Tournament Fees to Organizer's Guide

Which currency specifically? In any case, the fee is always whatever the equivalent of $5 USD is in your local currency.

(Jan. 18, 2019  4:11 AM)gxpt2000 Wrote: for the burst format rules, I'm very confused as how the match procedure goes.

Is there any sections or wording in particular you'd like to point as confusing?

The rulebook starts with "To win a match, a blader must score 3 points", which is quite clear cut.

Further down, the separate section for Deck Format starts with "A special set of rules used in the final stages of WBO Beyblade tournaments" which also seems to me to clearly indicate that it is only used for the finals.

Under "Deck Building" it states "During deck building, you build up to 3 Beyblades with no repeated parts that will make up your deck", which also seems clear.

What elements seemed unclear to you? Happy to make adjustments if you can point me in the direction of what specifically seemed unclear.

Also, regarding the Winning Combinations thread: combinations listed with "(Deck Format Finals Only)" are combinations that were used to win at least one round in at least one Deck Format Final match. You can build a different deck for each match/opponent if you want, so sometimes you can see slight variations that end up on a users winning combinations list.