Vari Ares Discussion

Spin-Sonic, I already commented this on the video, but as someone who is not getting good results against Basalt BD145CS:

That part where variares doesn't start moving until a second or so passes after hitting the stadium? That's when my Basalt BD145CS flies around the tornado ridge like a sledgehammer and KO's it. Every time. The movement pattern of your Basalt BD145 (sitting duck) is significantly easier to beat , from my experience.

And, even if my Variares doesn't get KO'd straight away, it loses so much power from those collisions that it can't do anything for the rest of the battle (and normally it gets hit again and again by basalt, whenever it starts moving away).

I cannot watch the videos myself, but I will go ahead and clarify that if the duct tape is present on the walls of the stadium, on the side that Beyblades actually come in contact with, the Stadium is illegal for testing and tournament purposes.

@th!nk: Try wearing your CS down to a managable level, silly goose. It's really a very short and simple process!
Well, it isn't my Basalt with my CS. The older one was aggressive but again, that was broken. Also, I do know exactly what you are experiencing. That used to be the only way I could KO Vari when he uses it until he started tornado stalling in this weird way where it would ricochet off a wall and KO my Basalt BD145CS even when mine moved. Also, are you using your Vari in right or left?
(Dec. 06, 2011  12:09 AM)Hazel Wrote: I cannot watch the videos myself, but I will go ahead and clarify that if the duct tape is present on the walls of the stadium, on the side that Beyblades actually come in contact with, the Stadium is illegal for testing and tournament purposes.

@th!nk: Try wearing your CS down to a managable level, silly goose. It's really a very short and simple process!

The beyblades never touch the tape...when you are able to see the video, unless you need a picture, look closely (through the horrible quality) and you will see its on the underside and inner part of the walls rather than the actual play surface. Pretty sure you are referencing this rule right?:

"BeyStadiums tend to wear down over time. Cracks on the walls or outside of the play area
are acceptable if they are repaired with tape attached to the underside of the BeyStadium.
However, cracks within the playing surface are not acceptable and BeyStadiums with such
damage are illegal for WBO play"
Hazel: Why? It's murdering things that should be killing it! I can still get the "sitting duck" movement pattern, if need be, though, through some funky launching.

Spin-Sonic: Right spin, though I've tried left, it didn't help (and opens up a small chance of weak launching being used). As for the rebound launch, Dan mentioned to me to try something like that, so I guess I will once the rest of the family is awake, ahah.
@think: Good idea. I think Vari in left is better for some reason. I think because it smashes and due to the opposite spin direction, it destabilizes too, which again is why I hate it so much. Too broken.
Yes, Spin-Sonic, I am saying it is illegal if the tape is on any surface that the Beyblades come in contact with. If it is not, then it is fine.

th!nk, you should get another CS, then, so you will have one that provides an accurate metric for "proper" defensive CS behavior.
It performs normally on most combo's, and I don't have a particularly steady launch, either. But yes, I will get another next time I get paid.

EDIT: Tried everything. Reproduced exactly the movement patterns of both beys in the video. Except for the part where basalt left the stadium 5-6 times in a row. Instead, either variares flew out, neither flew out and basalt won by OS, Basalt AND Variares flew out or Basalt got a wall save and KO'd Variares (every time it got a wall save, it won by KO), and only about 15-30% of the time did basalt actually lose.

Curious, what condition is your basalt in, like, how defined are the grooves? I do a little better against my less worn basalt (as variares seems to struggle with anything it can't get a grip on). Though still, nothing like that.

Honestly, I've practiced, and practiced, and broken far to much stuff, and still variares can't touch basalt bd145. Fine against most other things, but it's just not reliable for me.

We'll see how I'm doing with attack once I get my blitz, I guess, but I've never struggled with it before. :\
Im definitely sure he is using his very near mint Basalt seeing as how he uses the more worn one for other purposes. I am sure u are doing everything right to a very high degree. However, I think I stated before, VariAres is only for those who like, in the best way to say it, excel beyond proficiency in attack. I do believe that yu have skill in attack though which is why I am not discounting your claims especially considering who we are dealing with here in terms of launch power, attack skill, etc. I just know wat I see so often nd he was requested to post some vids and got influenced after reading some very odd and relatively untrue statements in the advanced forum to my understanding. There may hve been more to that though.... Also, after watching the vid again, I think he might have been responding to ur comment on the video with this:

"@think : ok what u are saying is understandable and I see ur point however lets look at the tournament scene for a second. The majority of bladers suck with attackers and even more are afraid to use them. They fear what they cant control so the vast majority that, uses cs goes for the "sitting duck" approach as a means of controlling their beyblade and having more defense and stamina as opposed to wasting it or risking self kos. I did the testing based on that and not my own personal preference"
Ahh, my basalt is quite old, so it's ridges are somewhat worn down from natural use, meaning, somewhat similarly to Death and Duo, it is very hard to get a decent grip on to land a powerful enough hit.
Yeah, I guess it kinda is a wheel for those who have near-perfect launches or the like.

That said, Blitz is doing nicely for me against basalt right now, so I'mma stick with that instead, ahah.

I'll reply on the vid when I get the chance, ahah.
Sure thing! I love Blitz a lot more as well. I get more consistent wins with it than anything I ever used. As for the worn down aspect, I can have him remake a video if he is home now using a worn one. I have never known it to make a difference for him but maybe im wrong. Would that be cool?
I found it quite easy to control VariAres. As I see Sonic-Spin got two many broken, i was quite shock.
I will done some of Mirror tests betwenn CH120 RF and R145RF VariAres in a few days.
I am quite busy at the moment cuz exam coming so fast. it make me dizzy.
However, I still prefer VariAres Ch120 RF/R2F(right spin)/LRF (left spin)
Only if you want to, I wouldn't go to the extra trouble, myself. I can see how it would be getting such high winrates now, and why I don't do as well Smile
I find the MF-H R145RF(broken in/worn RF) variant to be better against attack-types and the MF CH120RF to be better against most other things... and now I'm liking the 85RF for BD145 matches

Glad your liking Blitz th!nk, It's a great wheel
Yo, I brought up the 'expiry date' VariAres seems to has, where all its contact points are much blunter than originally, hindering much of its Smash. Here are the comparative tests:

MF VariAres CH120RF (mint) vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
MF VariAres CH120RF win rate: 19/20 (19 KO)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS win rate: 1/20 (1 OS)
VariAres win percentage: 95%

MF VariAres CH120RF (very used) vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
MF VariAres CH120RF win rate: 10/20 (10 KO)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS win rate: 10/20 (6 OS, 4 KO)
VariAres win percentage: 50%

VariAres seems to be much easier to KO and has a whole lot less force behind hit now..
I've had it for, what, 6 months now? I'm not sure I even want to test this VariAres against Death right now.
I definitely need a new one, and I guess many of the people who begin to complain about it do too. (Cye)

(Thank you, Uwik, for the amazing term of expiry which I continue to use to describe this situation)

Oh wow, I didn't expect that much! It'd be cool to also see the same thing with Blitz, but I guess you can never have equal tests here unless you do the same amount of battles with both VariAres and Blitz, against the same opponents. Still, pretty interesting, I had never thought of this with a Metal Wheel!
There was mention of Blitz degrading from excessive use in its respective thread, SSJ. The nubs on the contact points wear down to nothing.
Hah, I've the same problem Dan. I haven't had mine TOO long, but there's definitely a big difference.
I find mine( very beat up) now have lots of recoil from heavy smash wheels any help to reverse it and restore it?
Buying a new one is the only thing that would not be illegal.
(Feb. 25, 2012  1:03 AM)Hazel Wrote: There was mention of Blitz degrading from excessive use in its respective thread, SSJ. The nubs on the contact points wear down to nothing.

Yeah I know, I read it, but I haven't seen a numerical difference posted, so I'm just curious how much the numbers differ when compared to VariAres.
I mean, it still does better than many other wheels even in its decaying state, but damn, 50% is just unnaturally low for me.

Definitely getting a new VariAres, like, tomorrow.

I'll get a new H145 soon so I can prove/refute that H145 belongs on the tier list. (inb4"not 3-sided"comesintoplayinthisthread)
i am new at this and dont really know how this works but i have 4 variares combos that i want tested
left spin:
mf-h bd145lf
mf-h sw145(defence)jb
mf-h lw105hf

right spin:
mf-h w105hf
Variares is an attack wheel with high smash but also,high recoil. Only the first might stay in the stadium against anything, bd145 will prevent it doing anything while there and lf is just a horrible tip.
Sorry, but all of those are nowhere near useful. All of the parts are outclassed minus MF-H and Variares.