Vari Ares Discussion

(Sep. 14, 2011  9:54 PM)Dan Wrote: It 'contains less KO'? What do you mean?
Dual-Spin. Enough said.
Unless you of course want to make some comparative tests?

VariAres might just be the best attack wheel we now have BUT,Blitz is no worse it has surely surpassed lightning... I mean when has a MF LLD 85RF ever KO'd a MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB ????
Blitz does well on all heights while variAres only one 2 or 3.
I'm not saying VariAres is bad...Not at all! But in usage I think Blitz is more versatile since it works on almost all tracks and it can KO basalt even at HF speed...
I know what your thinking Blitz more versatile ??? but VariAres is dual spin VARI IS BETTER HANDS DOWN!!!
not really by definition Versatile means "to be able to do many things" and Vari is only versatile at being dual spin Chocked_2. If any one has both I 'd love for them to do comparative tests...
Although I don't have VariAres I know how it does in terms of battle...
But surely being dual spin means it is incredibly versatile ... ? Versatility in battle is more important than versatility on height - once you've chosen your Bey you are not going to be able to switch Tracks, but you are going to be able to change Spin Direction if you chose VariAres.
(Sep. 15, 2011  12:55 PM)♥ Wrote: But surely being dual spin means it is incredibly versatile ... ? Versatility in battle is more important than versatility on height - once you've chosen your Bey you are not going to be able to switch Tracks, but you are going to be able to change Spin Direction if you chose VariAres.

you have a point there... I guess we have to wait for comparative tests if we want to prove which wheel is better...
all left spin used for Vari..
i decide to try anti meta combos on vari..XD

MF-H Vari Ares 85 LRF VS MF-H Earth BD145 RF
Vari : 8/20 (1 OS, 1 self KO, the rest KO)
Earth : 12/20 (4self KO, 5 KO, 3 OS)
Vari win % : 40%
Earth win % : 60%

MF-H Vari Ares BD145 LRF VS MF-H Earth GB145 RF
Vari : 5/20 (1 self KO, the rest KO)
Earth : 15/20 (1self KO, 8 KO, 5 OS)
Vari win % : 25%
Earth win % : 75%

MF-H Vari Ares BD145 LRF VS MF-H Earth BD145 RF
Vari : 10/20 ( 1 self KO, the rest KO)
Earth : 10/20 (1self KO, 4 KO, 5 OS)
Vari win % : 50%
Earth win % : 50%

MF-H Vari Ares 130 LRF VS MF-H Earth GB145 RF
Vari : 7/20 (1 OS, 6 KO)
Basalt : 13/20 (1self KO, 11 KO, 1 OS)
Vari win % : 35%
Earth win % : 65%
Oh woah, nice tests!

That's really interesting, I think that's the only time I've seen VariAres get a poor win rate.

Do you mind doing any of those tests in right spin for comparison?
AS crazy as it seems VariAres works well with M145
You know too!I thought that too,I put it in the fun combos thread because,I didn't want everybody to think Im crazy. XD
Hmm... it seems kind of random but it could possibly work. Could you post results?
(Sep. 15, 2011  11:36 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: You know too!I thought that too,I put it in the fun combos thread because,I didn't want everybody to think Im crazy. XD

XD i was playing around out of curiosity and i was like woah! and when i launched it i was using M145 CS i wasnt even hopping.
Me too!The exact same combo,I thought CS would reduce the recoil a bit.
Oh really? I'd love to see this in action, a video would be great.

<3 does have the conception right there, versatility. Proper usage will allow a better in rate.
(Sep. 16, 2011  3:04 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Oh really? I'd love to see this in action, a video would be great.

<3 does have the conception right there, versatility. Proper usage will allow a better in rate.
its good its not like WOAH! it gets its ko's here and there but i dont think CS should be its tip i want to try it with RF/R2F but i dont have one atm
seesh, im so outdated now, still using MF Lightning L-Drago BD145 LRF when this and blitz are trumping like mad. oh well, gotta ask my dad to get me one of each and 2 more Hell Kerbecses need them so badly and M145+R2F/RF = FAIL i did it with Gravity Perseus while trying to find a counter for MF Lightning L-Drago BD145 LRF it failed epicly
(Sep. 16, 2011  3:40 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: seesh, im so outdated now, still using MF Lightning L-Drago BD145 LRF when this and blitz are trumping like mad. oh well, gotta ask my dad to get me one of each and 2 more Hell Kerbecses need them so badly and M145+R2F/RF = FAIL i did it with Gravity Perseus while trying to find a counter for MF Lightning L-Drago BD145 LRF it failed epicly

VariAres is different From Gravity Perseus
its just design and weight difference, no? Gravity is also a good attacker. but the weight and design makes a difference so i dont really know, well, when MercuryPegasis comes over to my house again I'll test w/ him
(Sep. 15, 2011  11:32 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Oh woah, nice tests!

That's really interesting, I think that's the only time I've seen VariAres get a poor win rate.

Do you mind doing any of those tests in right spin for comparison?

Yeah..no problem..i will do it tinight...Smile
Earth would be threat while Vari in left spin...at times..when Vari hit Earth (in opposite direction), Vari Ares would be diverted (i mean Earth simply push it away) to slip from its original direction,leading it the K.O.
compared to Basalt..it is more like Bang!!! and explosion when each other hitted..

(Sep. 16, 2011  3:46 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: its just design and weight difference, no? Gravity is also a good attacker. but the weight and design makes a difference so i dont really know, well, when MercuryPegasis comes over to my house again I'll test w/ him

NO..Vari is a good smash attacker..so different from Gravity..
Anti Meta test on right spin..
bith RF in prime state..
both sliding shoot..

MF-H Vari Ares 145 RF VS MF-H Basalt GB145 RF
Vari : 10/20 (2 OS, 7 KO, 1 S.K.O.)
Basalt : 10/20 (2 S.K.O., 6 KO, 2 OS)
Vari win % : 50%
Basalt win % : 50%

MF-H Vari Ares 130 LRF VS MF-H Earth Kerbecs GB145 RF
Vari : 11/20 (2 OS, 9 KO)
Earth : 9/20 (3 KO, 6 OS)
Vari win % : 65%
Earth win % : 45%

Overall : When in right spin (i use sliding shoot), the pattern of both bey are the same..with the same flow of patern,its hard for both bey to get in contact..But the first hit from Vari is very deadly..Basalt seems can withstand Vari's attack..but Earth is just too light to K.O Vari and seems easy for Vari to K.O. it

(Sep. 16, 2011  3:46 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: its just design and weight difference, no? Gravity is also a good attacker. but the weight and design makes a difference so i dont really know, well, when MercuryPegasis comes over to my house again I'll test w/ him

NO..Vari is a good smash attacker..so different from Gravity..
[/quote]

Gravity was once thought to be better than lightning, no? but i do agree that VAriAres >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gravity
ok so i was playing around and i was using VariAres CH120CS(aggro, R2F is gone) and i found out that it has no effect on LTSC's like Basalt Bull 85WD especially in left spin
That is because an excessive amount of weight, pushing against a lower-weight in a different spin.

In right spin, we would see much more of a better effect, opposite forces making it much easier for a KO, rather a spin push-to-push.
(Sep. 17, 2011  1:59 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: That is because an excessive amount of weight, pushing against a lower-weight in a different spin.

In right spin, we would see much more of a better effect, opposite forces making it much easier for a KO, rather a spin push-to-push.

it had the same result in right spin too
EDIT:Beylauncher L/R, 3 seg grip, Angle compass
Attack Stadium
Basalt Bull 85WD(2 KO's/5 OS)
VariAres CH120 CS(Aggro)(3 KO)
Still, I would expect R2F as a prime choice, plus adding the aerodynamics with it, and an MF-H can effect quite much.

EDIT: I can test that, I guarantee though VariAres a sure 100% ratio.
What is the most verstile combination then? I tried everthing on ares, can't beat bassalt BD145CS.
(Sep. 17, 2011  9:30 AM)Shika blade Wrote: What is the most verstile combination then? I tried everthing on ares, can't beat bassalt BD145CS.

are you sure try MF VariAres R145RF
Its OK, bit cannot beat it consistantly.