[Vancouver, Canada] General Gathering!

(Apr. 01, 2011  4:43 AM)Kei Wrote: I hope this works out for you guys! It'd be great to see another Canadian community get going. Stanley Park would be an awesome place to host a tournament.

Thanks Kei for the support. Maybe you should catch the same flight as Dan. Haha!

(Apr. 01, 2011  4:57 AM)TigerKid Wrote: Me and my friends are going tomorrow too! We should meet up or something.

We should meet up. Please PM me back. Thanks!
Hah,hero, I've just got to ask.
Who came up with this name?

Ahah
(Apr. 02, 2011  1:24 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Hah,hero, I've just got to ask.
Who came up with this name?

Ahah

It was Momo. I wanted "Super-Deluxe-Special Tournament Gathering and Competition for the World Beyblade Organization" but that was a bit too much.

Also, I have updated the thread. Please read the first post. We have confirmed the venue and have chosen dates. Please vote on which day would be better for you. Thanks!
(Mar. 30, 2011  8:50 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Ohmygosh, is Dan going to come?! Dan I promise you if you come, I'll show you the store we go to so you can shop to your heart's content for Beys!

Btw, I'm resuming my Beyblade stuff tomorrow, and I'll be making a video promoting the event on my Channel. Link will be up some time tomorrow. I thank Hero for starting this because I wouldn't have gotten anything done without him.

The one I have been trying to buy from for like, 3 months? Haha okay! I think I can confirm by June.
What you seriously risk by making the date so far is losing a few of your current attendance. If they say they can come now, then use that potential right now while it is still very fresh, because the more you wait, the more you will probably have not enough Bladers left in August, and it is already difficult to get enough right now. Even "older" members could just lose interest before August or become way too busy with life in general, and younger users are known for often abandoning this site after a while too.
(Apr. 02, 2011  1:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What you seriously risk by making the date so far is losing a few of your current attendance. If they say they can come now, then use that potential right now while it is still very fresh, because the more you wait, the more you will probably have not enough Bladers left in August, and it is already difficult to get enough right now. Even "older" members could just lose interest before August or become way too busy with life in general, and younger users are known for often abandoning this site after a while too.

To add on to that notion, why not transform this tournament into one for late april or may (30th of may, perhaps? B.C Beyday.) and then make another tournament for august based off this one so you get the rhythm of your beyblade community and what worked well, and what didn't. Follow?
(Apr. 02, 2011  1:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What you seriously risk by making the date so far is losing a few of your current attendance. If they say they can come now, then use that potential right now while it is still very fresh, because the more you wait, the more you will probably have not enough Bladers left in August, and it is already difficult to get enough right now. Even "older" members could just lose interest before August or become way too busy with life in general, and younger users are known for often abandoning this site after a while too.

Thanks for the criticism Kai-V, I honestly do believe you only want the best for us. However, these are the only dates me and Momo could be available for. You're right, we could lose our attendance due to lost of interest, but the extra time also allows us to gain more word and publicity, thus, increasing our attendance. I do wish we could use that potential at this moment, however, we are busy.

Thanks, Hero.

(Apr. 02, 2011  1:51 AM)Dan Wrote: To add on to that notion, why not transform this tournament into one for late april or may (30th of may, perhaps? B.C Beyday.) and then make another tournament for august based off this one so you get the rhythm of your beyblade community and what worked well, and what didn't. Follow?

I wish I could do that, however, my current schedule makes it very difficult to host anything during those months.
It is really impossible ? I am in university and also work at the same time, but if I wanted to I could arrange my schedule so that I can free at least one day in the next few weeks, and they are the most intense.

Of course, the best would be for both of you to be there, but if finding a compromise between your two busy schedules cannot make anything work until August, then perhaps one of you could sacrifice yourself at this early reunion for a more intense community in the long term ? At this rate, I really do not believe that waiting more, the way you are, will build the Vancouver community more than it normally would if only the first Vancouver topic existed.
Yeah, I'm not all too sure I trust that those several people who are from surrey are going to hold their word...

Momo can't do this in may or June? University ends at the end of April.
I have no clue how old you are, but I'd actually prefer some weekend, that way I know for sure I'm not on vacation, and my parents can drive me.

HEY! WONDERFUL IDEA! What about may long weekend?
(Apr. 02, 2011  2:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is really impossible ? I am in university and also work at the same time, but if I wanted to I could arrange my schedule so that I can free at least one day in the next few weeks, and they are the most intense.

Of course, the best would be for both of you to be there, but if finding a compromise between your two busy schedules cannot make anything work until August, then perhaps one of you could sacrifice yourself at this early reunion for a more intense community in the long term ? At this rate, I really do not believe that waiting more, the way you are, will build the Vancouver community more than it normally would if only the first Vancouver topic existed.

It really does seem that way for me. Family reunions, extra curricular activities, homework and training makes it difficult to open up times to do so (infact I just came back from a family dinner). I agree that the more tournaments we have the more experienced everyone will be, however, it is a matter on who is open to host. You see Momo is busy with university for a while. I am busy with training all April and May. I do hope you can understand. I know you too want to see the Canadian WBO community grow but not enough people are willing to host.

(Apr. 02, 2011  2:18 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Yeah, I'm not all too sure I trust that those several people who are from surrey are going to hold their word...

Momo can't do this in may or June? University ends at the end of April.
I have no clue how old you are, but I'd actually prefer some weekend, that way I know for sure I'm not on vacation, and my parents can drive me.

HEY! WONDERFUL IDEA! What about may long weekend?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to forward that to Momo. I agree the Surrey people should not be trusted 100% as they recently joined and barely have any post but not all people are bad. Yes, we both agreed that a weekend was the best choice but as you can see, the weekends we chose are in August. Perhaps you can host one yourself SSJfisherman or with the help of Momo? I just can't host an early tournament.

P.S. I am of high school age. Grin

I really do appreciate both of your critisism, it really does give me ideas and I hope I will be able to actually make this tournament much earlier. However, don't get your hopes up. I sincerely apologize if this causes any problems.

Thanks, Hero.
i wanna join ill be coming with monkey-king and tiger-kid
(Apr. 02, 2011  2:18 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Yeah, I'm not all too sure I trust that those several people who are from surrey are going to hold their word...

(Apr. 02, 2011  6:08 AM)Hero Wrote: I agree the Surrey people should not be trusted 100% as they recently joined and barely have any post but not all people are bad.

(Apr. 02, 2011  8:54 AM)Hero Wrote: If you read I never said I did or didn't believe you. Also, now that you all have new accounts please post more often and learn from threads. It would suck to lose your first match. I do hope you ended up finding up the shop because Momo and I picked up some new beyblades.

People can easily read your posts wrong if they read it in a differently, leading to misinterpretations, like the ones we had. Luckily, I read through all the posts thoroughly to ensure there were no mistakes. Also, even though I have just joined, this is not the first forum I have joined. Like, no hard feelings, but I don't think you should be so quick to judge people based on post counts, I am usually outside, so I don't really post much, unless I'm at a friends house. I will keep my word, unless something comes up, like a hospitalization or something, but other than that, I don't disappoint, and would be happy if you had a little more faith in us. Even if we can't be trusted 100%, I'd like it if we could still be trusted to a degree.

Also, thank you for informing us about Toys Planet. We tried getting there at 1:30, but we got lost at first, and ended up getting there at almost 2:00...But thanks for telling us about it. I'm also of High School age, grade 10. Tongue_out
Hey folks, glad something is coming through the BC pipeline, especially with me being as... well, inactive as I currently am.

Unfortunately life has me in an iron grip at the moment so something... within the next 5-6 weeks is probably not entirely possible for me to commit to on my part. However, I do agree with Kai-V and suggest you hold this sooner than August. That being said, I'll skip a work shift to come out to something (even if its for a few minutes @@) anything you guys hold, heck I have prizes sitting in storage I am willing to throw in as random swag and/or prize pool.

Anyways, best of luck.
Well, hopefully if it can be done during May long weekend you can come.

But don't feel pressured Smile
(Apr. 02, 2011  7:08 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Hey folks, glad something is coming through the BC pipeline, especially with me being as... well, inactive as I currently am.

Unfortunately life has me in an iron grip at the moment so something... within the next 5-6 weeks is probably not entirely possible for me to commit to on my part. However, I do agree with Kai-V and suggest you hold this sooner than August. That being said, I'll skip a work shift to come out to something (even if its for a few minutes @@) anything you guys hold, heck I have prizes sitting in storage I am willing to throw in as random swag and/or prize pool.

Anyways, best of luck.

Hiro Ayami! I do wish you could make it as well. I don't think I myself will be able to host during May or any earlier, sorry guys. Please be more active Hiro! If you do bring prize I will gladly pay for it, I wouldn't feel good if you just gave it to us. Thanks Hiro for stopping by! I really appreciate it. Grin

(Apr. 02, 2011  8:08 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Well, hopefully if it can be done during May long weekend you can come.

But don't feel pressured Smile

SSJfisherman, you could try PMing Momo and the two of you can host it during May. I just need time to figure out my schedule. There's a lot I need to do, I really hope you guys can understand.
you guys can't make it Cultus Lake can you?
(Apr. 03, 2011  6:30 AM)dracofrancis Wrote: you guys can't make it Cultus Lake can you?

Hmm? Where's is that at? I'm firmly saying that it'll most likely be Stanley Park.
Hah, no, not cultus lake.
There'll be WAY too many people to be able to have a tournament.
not to mension that place is really far
Yea, I live in the Lynn Valley area so I don't think I'll be able to goto Stanley Park. Btw, will there be any prizes? If so what are they?
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:53 PM)Bladinator Wrote: Yea, I live in the Lynn Valley area so I don't think I'll be able to goto Stanley Park. Btw, will there be any prizes? If so what are they?

I cannot reveal any prizes just yet. For one, when the summer time comes around there might be a whole new metagame making the prizes not as appealing. I'd also like to keep it a secret. Haha.
(Apr. 03, 2011  10:18 PM)Hero Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:53 PM)Bladinator Wrote: Yea, I live in the Lynn Valley area so I don't think I'll be able to goto Stanley Park. Btw, will there be any prizes? If so what are they?

I cannot reveal any prizes just yet. For one, when the summer time comes around there might be a whole new metagame making the prizes not as appealing. I'd also like to keep it a secret. Haha.

Now I'm curious to know what the prizes are. Also, is there a specific area in Stanley Park that we're gonna meet at?
I am still considering that. Perhaps the big flat green field near the beach?
i vote we go swimming after the tournament
(Apr. 04, 2011  4:07 AM)Monkey-King Wrote: i vote we go swimming after the tournament

Haha. You can go swimming afterwords, I was kinda planning a post-tournament dinner where we can all go to a restaurant and eat.