Unsynchromed Zero-G Beyblade Discussion

I just thought this would be a cool thread to discuss Zero G beys and some that are good unsynchromed. Sorry if this doesn't belong in the customizations forum.

Rules

• You can only test against other unsynchromed Zero G beys.
  • Tests can be done in either the standard format or Zero G.
  • State whether the Crystal Wheel is in crystal up or crystal down mode.

I think this will be a fun thread. Here are some combinations that I have found to be pretty good without actual official testing:
  • Attack

• Archer Wyvang CH120R2F (Crystal Down mode)
  • Gladiator Bahamdia BD145R2F (Crystal Up mode)

Defense

• Dark Knight Dragooon BD145CS (Crystal down mode)

Stamina
  • Dark Knight Reviser SR200D (Crystal up mode) It's left spin Grin!
I've been waiting for this topic. For soooooo long.

I've noticed one of the best right-spin Crystal Wheels from my experimenting, seems to be Samurai.

It covers wheels like Wyvang, Ifrit, Killerken and some others well.

I actually won with this combo at BOOL- Samurai Wyvang GB145 R2F (against Samurai Wyvang S130 MF).

I've used it with both Crystal Up and Down Mode, both seem to do generally well, for a Crystal Combo.

I can't test since I don't have BB-10 access right now, but I good Crystal Wheel Attacker I've been playing with, is, as I mentioned, Samurai Wyang GB145 R2F. I've been fooling with that combo and W145 MF, but it doesn't seem to work as well, as far as KO'ing goes, haha.

As far as Defense goes, I'd been playing with Samurai Kraken BD145 CS, it seemed to do alright, but again, no "actual" testing done.

I haven't been able to find a worthy stamina/balance combo, yet.

If anyone could test those two combos for me, either against eachother or Tri's, I'd greatly, greatly, appreciate it.

This post may sound like I'm fangirling over this thread, but you don't know how long I've been waiting to experiment with a Crystal meta, haha.
I'm really going to enjoy this :3
I've found Dark Knight works nicely with Bahamoote (yah, that's right, I'm calling it by its Hasbro name). I haven't done official testing though.

I love this thread!
Thief Phoenic W145 R2F= love. Sends light stuff flying, remniscient of Blitz
I've been interested in this for various reasons lately (playing with a lot of older tops, and non-synchromed ZG are generally comparable to them), and I don't have many chrome wheels myself (and only a single crystal wheel in samurai) so I'm curious to hear what people find works well and how they compare.
Personally I find Revizer Samurai generally works decently for pure defense against pre-basalt tops. Its stamina is awful (and it cannot be used in chrome up on tall tracks or just about any track for that matter), but it gets the job done, though some of the more aggressive designs from that era can handle it.

I've also found Samurai Dragooon CH120RF (Chrome Up) works decently as an attacker but its poor balance means lightning and gravity are probably better choices overall as it doesn't get many chances to make hard hits, and as its shape makes it a bit unreliable this isn't particularly good.

My last Chrome Wheel, Saramanda, seems to have such awful balance that it is completely useless with a crystal wheel.

Those of you playing around with non-synchrome attackers in bb-10, how do they do against MF-H Libra/Earth ____ GB145CS, preferably on similar heights? How do they compare to other attackers from that earlier era, like Gravity and Lightning (particularly Gravity/Lightning R145RF, though if for whatever reason the zg wheel only works on low tracks, lightning ltac are good for comparison purposes). Particularly interested in Wyvang and Phoenic, but really given my limited selection of chrome wheels most anything will be delicious new data for me haha.
I wanted to try Samurai but I couldn't find my mine when I was playing around with these and I wasn't bothered to look, haha. I think I know where it's at though. I will look tomorrow after school.

I tested against Duo Cancer SR200CS with the Wyvang combo in the OP and it actually KOed it with pretty clean hits. Although unless they were the first or second hit, there was no chance it would win.

I will probably do some official tests tomorrow after school. I really want to try Phoenic like Time said but I don't have Thief. I'm definitely gonna try Samurai Reviser. Could someone try Samurai Genbull? It'd probably be better.

I wonder if this could possibly be the secret format for the A YEAR: The month of frozen heads (or whatever its called) tournament in Toronto XD!
(Dec. 02, 2013  4:56 AM)Tri Wrote: I wanted to try Samurai but I couldn't find my mine when I was playing around with these and I wasn't bothered to look, haha. I think I know where it's at though. I will look tomorrow after school.

I tested against Duo Cancer SR200CS with the Wyvang combo in the OP and it actually KOed it with pretty clean hits. Although unless they were the first or second hit, there was no chance it would win.

I will probably do some official tests tomorrow after school. I really want to try Phoenic like Time said but I don't have Thief. I'm definitely gonna try Samurai Reviser. Could someone try Samurai Genbull? It'd probably be better.

I wonder if this could possibly be the secret format for the A YEAR: The month of frozen heads (or whatever its called) tournament in Toronto XD!
Genbull does look like one of the most balanced chrome wheels so it might be a solid choice, maybe it'll have the stamina to hold on. However, is its top flat, part of why revizer works I think is that it has a nice flat underside (with a lot of earlier tops having rather aggressive top sides). Though, even then Genbull might work on low tracks or something.

Damn, it KO'd Duo? That's impressive! I wish I could get my hands on a wyvang but I am broooooke.

Secret format tournament? Man Canada always gets the neat stuff, but I've honestly no idea what it could be.
I probably only did about 6 or so rounds against that Duo combo, but yeah, it KOed it about 2 or 3 times which really isn't that bad considering the weight difference. If it were against Duo on BD145 instead of SR200, there's no way it could've won, haha.
When you're looking at lighter tops like pre-basalt/hell stuff or an unsynchromed zero g, any big plastic disk/bowl track is going to stop them dead - even Earth BD145 is too much for almost any older attack type (though perhaps chrome wheels have a better chance seeing as they are more designed for side on smash rather than vertical smash like most older wheels were best at), it's part of why I resent those tracks so much (and hence have been playing without them and with lighter tops in general - it's pretty amazing fun, and the loss of the big disk tracks introduces a lot more variability into defense to boot, height matchups in particular become a lot more important, and the decision between walling attack or having enough stamina to outspin other defense/some balance is a much more serious matter).
From the testing I've done, I'd say that Samurai is the best crystal wheel hands down, since it matches up with most chrome wheels pretty well. Surprisingly, while stamina & defense combinations don't fair too well against regular MFB & Zero G synchroms, stable attack customizations actually have a good chance against some of the popular combos of today. From the testing Leone19 & I have done, we both agreed that Wyvang & Samurai is one of the better chrome & crystal wheel combinations for attack since they match up almost perfectly; I personally think the combo is a little more balanced with the crystal wheel up. Pretty excited about the idea of possibly getting a top tier crystal wheel list up, so I'll do a little testing with stamina & defense against other unsynchromed beys later this week.
Samurai Wyvang S130RF is great as well as ronin genbull F230GCF ( crystal up)
I'll try to get some testing done this week! It'll be interesting to see if anything can truly be competitive.
(Dec. 02, 2013  3:58 PM)rkalajian Wrote: I'll try to get some testing done this week! It'll be interesting to see if anything can truly be competitive.
I think it's very unlikely that any unsynchromed Zero G combo would make the top tier list, but there are certainly a few that give lighter top tier combos a run for their money.
That's the biggest issue, right? Unsyncrhomed beys are REALLY light.
Thought really light some are really good like I think bandid golem is a great defense bey I really don't lose a lot when I use it
It would be great if someone would be willing to test my (Metal Stone Face) Samurai Wyvang GB145 R2F, I talked about in my previous post, against a Phantom or Duo combo.

Thanks.
(Dec. 02, 2013  8:27 PM)rkalajian Wrote: That's the biggest issue, right? Unsyncrhomed beys are REALLY light.
That's definitely one issue. From the testing I've done, the biggest issues were the weight & lack of balance due to the separation of the light crystal wheel and the heavy chrome wheel.
MSF makes a slight but not extremely significant difference.
(Dec. 02, 2013  8:47 PM)Leone19 Wrote: It would be great if someone would be willing to test my (Metal Stone Face) Samurai Wyvang GB145 R2F, I talked about in my previous post, against a Phantom or Duo combo.

Thanks.

I could do that with the exception of the metal stone face.

None of this will make the top tier list, if that's what some of you are thinking. We could develop a seperate list just for the unsynchromed beys though.
(Dec. 02, 2013  9:12 PM)Tri Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2013  8:47 PM)Leone19 Wrote: It would be great if someone would be willing to test my (Metal Stone Face) Samurai Wyvang GB145 R2F, I talked about in my previous post, against a Phantom or Duo combo.

Thanks.

I could do that with the exception of the metal stone face.

None of this will make the top tier list, if that's what some of you are thinking. We could develop a seperate list just for the unsynchromed beys though.

I've actually been working on it for a while- (for a Zero-G, Crystal Wheel Tier List, I'll give more info on that shortly, haha).

Yeah, the Metal Face would be great to "help" with Wyvang's recoil, but its fine either way. Thanks. It'd be great if you could test that with a Duo or Phantom Stamina, heck, even try Basalt if you'd want, haha.
I'll test that combo tonight with a Metal Stone Face and post it once the kids are in bed. I'll steal my akalajian's Wvyang for testing, and he'll never know *evil grin*
THIS IS SO COOL! Grin

I've done a lot of testing with Crystal Zero-G customs, and I found that Samurai was pretty much the best on just about everything (save Phoenic for Attack, where you would use Thief). I found MSF-H Dark Knight Balro CH120R2F to be quite impressive as an Attack type.

I also found almost all Stamina and Defense types to work better in Crystal up mode. MSF-H Samurai Genbull SA165TB (Crystal up mode) is an interesting Stamina type. Dark Knight Wyvang SA165R2F (Crystal up mode) (obviously played off Wyvang Dragooon) is cool to use too.

This is gonna be an interesting thread!
Hey, who thinks that tournaments should have a Unsynchromed Section in them?
MF Phantom Orion B : D vs. MSF-H Samurai Wyvang GB145 R2F
Standard Procedure - BB10

MF Phantom Orion B : D: 20 wins (14 OS, 6 KO)
MSF-H Samurai Wyvang GB145 R2F: 0 win (sad face)

0 Draw

Samurai Wyvang win percentage: 0%
Yeah, maybe we should just focus on unsynchromed vs. unsynchromed :\. I can't seem to KO anything with an unsynchromed bey vs. Duo, Phantom, and even basalt now.

Here are some tests though of some unsynchromed vs. unsynchromed and attack vs. defense.

Equipment

Attack type stadium
Launcher Grip
Beylauncher R
Beylauncher L/R

Samurai Wyvang GB145R2F (Crystal down) vs. Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS

SW: 1 win (1 OS lol not event a KO XD)
BK: 19 wins (18 OS, 1 KO)
Samurai Wyvang win percentage: 5%

Samurai Wyvang GB145R2F (Crystal down) vs. Samurai Dragooon BD145CS (Crystal down)

SW: 13 wins (All KO)
SD: 7 wins (All OS)
Samurai Wyvang win percentage: 65%

Not to bad Smile. I think I might like Bhamdia the best so far though for attack. Pretty much any clear wheel can be used, but its even better with Dark Knight so that its left spin. I have only done unofficial testing with it though.