[Unanswered]  Is Wizard Fafnir good?

Is the layer base even usefull? Ive tried a million combos but can never get one that seems to work quite as well as dF combos have been known to do in the past or now. Any good combo ideas and GT chip recommendations?
when first got it it was for the Blader Bash last year I used WF.St.Ds' Sen and it was actually doing really useful against other bladers during the GT tournament almost got 1st place.
Terrible for same spin, pretty good for opposite spin but it either burst or get ko easily. It has weak teeth and beys with rubber will counter it because of rubber and rubber contact.
Just buy geist fafnirSmile
(Jan. 22, 2020  4:08 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Just buy geist fafnirSmile

Isn't Geist even worse than Wizard in terms of it's problems, mainly because it adds an aggressive shape to a non-aggressive bey?

(Jan. 22, 2020  5:59 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:

Isn't Geist even worse than Wizard in terms of it's problems, mainly because it adds an aggressive shape to a non-aggressive bey?

Both have their own uses, but Wizard is probably your best bet as your getting a good chip, a decent layer weight, an ok disk, and a competitive driver(The wizard layer base isn't really used for anything as it doesn't have good burst resistance)
I have heard the recolor Wizard base that comes with Jolt' is a better mold/construction.

Though don't take my full word for that, I am sure someone else can weigh in with more information.
(Jan. 22, 2020  6:04 PM)joyos Wrote: I have heard the recolor Wizard base that comes with Jolt' is a better mold/construction.

Though don't take my full word for that, I am sure someone else can weigh in with more information.

The black and white one, yes?

I just checked the original Wizard with.a Bahamut in it, as well as the RB17 version. I think the RB17 one seats the chip a little lower, the teeth make slightly better contact.

The original mold was terrible. The black and white one might be viable.
If it had better teeth i think wizard fafnir could be good but sadly that just isnt the case
(Jan. 22, 2020  7:20 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2020  6:04 PM)joyos Wrote: I have heard the recolor Wizard base that comes with Jolt' is a better mold/construction.

The black and white one, yes?

I just checked the original Wizard with.a Bahamut in it, as well as the RB17 version. I think the RB17 one seats the chip a little lower, the teeth make slightly better contact.

The original mold was terrible. The black and white one might be viable.

I was able to check the original vs recolor comparison and it seems to be sadly the case. I just equipped Gen on the original mold with a Longinus Chip for pure spin-equalizing (might be viable if there would be a GT-parts only tournament held somewhere)
try this combo wf gen weight around disc and atomic or absorb driver
I got a hold of the black and white Wizard and it's without a doubt better than its original release. If you were to shake the original release of Wizard Fafnir you can hear motion, as if parts come together but don't set properly. That issue is no more with the new release. Wizard is a real decent attacker, becoming one of my favorites despite only owning it for less than a week. I've played close to a hundred games with it and its performance is nothing to scoff at. It can burst both left and right spinning beys, has above average knockout abilities, and can (sort of) spin steal against right spinning beys. I'm also a big fan of the black and white coloring. Between spin equalization and attack, I definitely recommend it as an attacker. Spin stealing is done so much better by other beys that leaning fully into spin equalization isn't the best bet when you throw away so much attack potential.
The combo I use is Wizard Diabolos Blitz Ultimate Reboot'. It has a real good visual when its assembled.