UK Summer Smash! (Saturday July 4th)

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: summersmash.jpg]

Specific info for those that get confused easily:

When: July 4th, midday till whenever people need to leave by.

Where: Regent's Park in Central London. Meet at the Ready Money Drinking Fountain because it's easy to find but shouldn't be majorly crowded. From there we can scout out a nice spot to battle.
Map of Regent's Park: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/park_m...ts_map.pdf

What: Was supposed to be more of a meet and greet thing, but seeing as it looks like a load of people will turn up, we're having a MFB format tourney. Most likely BRR. There won't be any prizes though, just Faces and, uh, glory and respect and such. >.>

Either bring a packed lunch or some money for one of the cafés near by. We'll probably get some drinks later on (hopefully it'll be a nice hot day). Maybe even ice-cream. Eee

Assuming this doesn't get cancelled or postponed, I'll put up my number closer to the time. I can also put up instructions, travel help, etc, if necessary.

I don't think anything else needs to be said. Questions can be posted here or asked in PMs. I know it's near impossible for the UK lot but it'd be nice if we could keep the meaningless chatter in this thread to a minimum? Please? :X

Thanks for the awesome graphics theflightyellz!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the passport/charge rules are coming into affect immediately. This means that if you want to compete then you will have to pay a charge. For us UK bladers it's only £3 so I think you can manage. Alternatively, you could purchase a Blader Passport. You can buy them online beforehand or at the event if you're not sure how much you'll use it, etc. If for some reason you have major issues with this then hit me up a PM. :3

Also, there will be some sort of penalty if you say you turn up and then don't so don't risk it okay? If you're in the 'definites' list and you're not sure if you can come, change to the 'possibles'.

For those of you who wish to buy beyblades at the event, please see this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
Also this post specifically if you wish to buy direct from theintoy at the event (yes that means MFB): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...#pid163192

Attendance List
Definites:
♥
Agitation
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
cutewolfsam
Driger
Kappa
kinomiya
kyrptonlight
LeeDraciel
Megablader
MrMime
Rocky
Sora
Starwulfen
theflightyellz

(16)

Possibles:
avalerion
Borchaud94
castleraider
Chaz27
Dranzer phoenix
JAPANDA
kenny
KidTala - KT
NeekAlert
Nikku
overlord
Pikachao
revertedtozero
seamusb109
Stone
Towel Terror
tyson x 09
Zander Soulwind
Zero328
Zero360
Drigers cousins
Kappas siblings
Zanders friend

(25+)
(41+) (haha, no way will we actually get 41 XD)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Are you coming?

Yes, definitely.
27.12%
I'd like to but I'm not sure yet.
40.68%
Not this time, maybe next time.
18.64%
Nope, never.
13.56%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
(Jul. 03, 2009  10:14 PM)Khel Wrote: Good luck tomorrow. Have lots of fun, and rake in a lot of points. Smile

Yeah, I'm going for the positive points this time. Smile Then again, L-Drago hasn't been upgraded. Unhappy

See you all tomarrow anyway, can't wait and i hope I don't have any problems with travel.
Ugh, this is gonna have to be off topic (sorry) but shall i bring my football? Tongue_out

and Im bringing Storm Pegasis, Rock Leone, AquarioDF145SF, and my rubbish plastic combo. Tongue_out I seriously can't wait...because im gonna win! Eee
Bring whatever you like, I dunno how much time we'll have for stuff like that but it could be fun if the tourney doesn't take forever. I'll probably just watch though, haven't played football for about six years.
Made a mistake by the way, KFC's right, not left when you cross the road Zander. Sorry : /
yeah footie sounds good if we have time and ds people Grin
I'll probably get there around 12. Where are we meeting or are we just gonna look randomly for people playing beyblade. Oh well i'm bringing all my blades but i only have storm pegasis and dark wolf so i doubt i'll take part in the tournament. I'm so excited!
... Might want to look on the first page, since it says where we're meeting
(Jul. 04, 2009  12:04 AM)Megablader Wrote: I'll probably get there around 12. Where are we meeting or are we just gonna look randomly for people playing beyblade. Oh well i'm bringing all my blades but i only have storm pegasis and dark wolf so i doubt i'll take part in the tournament. I'm so excited!

Says on the OP where we are meeting - http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-UK-Summe...y-July-4th
And you can still take part in the touney even if you only have two blades, you have Storm Peg you still have a chance Grin
Just realized this is happening today. Want to wish everyone there good luck. Anyone gonna do live updates from there? Like from there phones or a labtop?
what really constitutes a live update from a beyblade tournament

"A BEYBLADE STOPPED SPINNING OMG"
"WOW A KNOCKOUT"
"ZANDER IS BLEEDING"
Oh! Good luck guys. Hope everything works out.
(Jul. 04, 2009  5:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: what really constitutes a live update from a beyblade tournament

"WOW A KNOCKOUT"
"ZANDER IS BLEEDING"

Lol, i like the way you used Zander as an example lol.XD
May i ask Brad why Zander?Confused
(Jul. 03, 2009  10:36 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: yeah footie sounds good if we have time and ds people Grin

Yeah i'll bring mine i'm definatley bringing my pokemon diamond btw.Joyful_2
I mean like how many people showed up. Whos in the final 4. results beyond that.
I'm not sure why that info is so urgent it needs to be "live" ...
Never said it does just wondering if anyone is doing it.....
I'm leaving in 1:40 (10AM just to be sure with everyone) so im really excited. Ive been training for ages now so my arms hurt, but they'll recover. xD

And I'll bring my Adidas F50 (or F10 i think) Red X-ite football Grin

Ill be the short kid wearing a Liverpool FC kit!

EDIT: And I pray that 9 people will show up xD

EDIT 2: Actually 10:30, 25 minutes to go yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Have a good time today, everyone! Please take lots of pictures and videos for me. Smile
Driger there is going to be more people than that there due to it being sunny today.
Ok people i'm going to be in a Crystal Palace kit.
Hope the tourny goes well! have fun! Grin
(Jul. 04, 2009  5:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: what really constitutes a live update from a beyblade tournament

"WOW A KNOCKOUT"
"ZANDER IS BLEEDING"

Lol, looks like you want me to get hurt and i know I put myself as Bey Underdog but you don't have to go that far. XD Shame for you that I am not going now and i have my reason but I am very sorry everyone, hopefully I will see most of you in october.

Edit: Good luck to you all and have fun.
Didn't know you weren't going, too bad.
(Jul. 04, 2009  9:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Didn't know you weren't going, too bad.

Yeah, I chose not to last night because the way i am at the moment it wouldn't be very wise to push myself. Also, I am very sorry, you aloud something and now it doesn't matter so i am very sorry about that and I wish I could make up for it in any way I can.
Buy a blader passport? Tongue_out

EDIT: Decided to leave @ 10:30 as it only takes me 27mins to get there Smile

EDIT 2: Im going now, see you all there Joyful_3 Im bringing an orange football instead (out of my 1million)
I ll be at 12 i weared white beyblade t shirt
wher 's 't 'n regentr park
When you come out of regents park station, there is a black gate on your left. Walk through there. Then literally walk straight. When you get to a sign on a fence saying something about a college, bear right and walk through the gate on your left.