UK Summer Smash! (Saturday July 4th)

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: summersmash.jpg]

Specific info for those that get confused easily:

When: July 4th, midday till whenever people need to leave by.

Where: Regent's Park in Central London. Meet at the Ready Money Drinking Fountain because it's easy to find but shouldn't be majorly crowded. From there we can scout out a nice spot to battle.
Map of Regent's Park: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/docs/park_m...ts_map.pdf

What: Was supposed to be more of a meet and greet thing, but seeing as it looks like a load of people will turn up, we're having a MFB format tourney. Most likely BRR. There won't be any prizes though, just Faces and, uh, glory and respect and such. >.>

Either bring a packed lunch or some money for one of the cafés near by. We'll probably get some drinks later on (hopefully it'll be a nice hot day). Maybe even ice-cream. Eee

Assuming this doesn't get cancelled or postponed, I'll put up my number closer to the time. I can also put up instructions, travel help, etc, if necessary.

I don't think anything else needs to be said. Questions can be posted here or asked in PMs. I know it's near impossible for the UK lot but it'd be nice if we could keep the meaningless chatter in this thread to a minimum? Please? :X

Thanks for the awesome graphics theflightyellz!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the passport/charge rules are coming into affect immediately. This means that if you want to compete then you will have to pay a charge. For us UK bladers it's only £3 so I think you can manage. Alternatively, you could purchase a Blader Passport. You can buy them online beforehand or at the event if you're not sure how much you'll use it, etc. If for some reason you have major issues with this then hit me up a PM. :3

Also, there will be some sort of penalty if you say you turn up and then don't so don't risk it okay? If you're in the 'definites' list and you're not sure if you can come, change to the 'possibles'.

For those of you who wish to buy beyblades at the event, please see this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...mmer-smash
Also this post specifically if you wish to buy direct from theintoy at the event (yes that means MFB): http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Anyone-s...#pid163192

Attendance List
Definites:
♥
Agitation
BeyUK-Espio
Blitz
cutewolfsam
Driger
Kappa
kinomiya
kyrptonlight
LeeDraciel
Megablader
MrMime
Rocky
Sora
Starwulfen
theflightyellz

(16)

Possibles:
avalerion
Borchaud94
castleraider
Chaz27
Dranzer phoenix
JAPANDA
kenny
KidTala - KT
NeekAlert
Nikku
overlord
Pikachao
revertedtozero
seamusb109
Stone
Towel Terror
tyson x 09
Zander Soulwind
Zero328
Zero360
Drigers cousins
Kappas siblings
Zanders friend

(25+)
(41+) (haha, no way will we actually get 41 XD)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Are you coming?

Yes, definitely.
27.12%
I'd like to but I'm not sure yet.
40.68%
Not this time, maybe next time.
18.64%
Nope, never.
13.56%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
The way i was thinking is to have 2 stadiums and 1 member from each team battles in one stadium.
So then the winners of the two battles face each other then whoever wins gets there teammate back and the other is out?
Guys there are multiple definitions of tag team and for each definition there are multiple ways that a tag team tourney could be set up. If you really want an in-depth discussion about it, make a new thread. Just don't expect all members to support such a tourney.
(Jun. 09, 2009  7:17 PM)Rocky Wrote: If you really want an in-depth discussion about it, make a new thread.

I can say that it would most properly be a waste of time doing a thread for something like that since their is only about 2-3 people that are willing to do it.

Edit: It would also be to much work sorting it out.
It's not the fact that it's hard work, it's just the fact of bothering.
I think we should just stick with the normal touney and the free battles... Really don't see the point of all this 'tag team' stuff, you can't tag team with beyblade, it will just fail and end up being a waste of time we could spend organsing the proper touney.
Sure have some free battles with 3 or 4 people for fun but I don't think we should go into the whole tag team thing anymore?
Kind of what I suggested about twenty posts ago, how the carp did this descend in to total spam?
For one, why on earth are you all so desperate for a team battle/ tag team tournament?
You won't get beypoints for them it'll be total chaos, and it requires no skill what so ever, it's just launch, and prey to God you don't get knocked out Tired Just do tag team free battles if you're really that desperate, we don't need an entire tournament section devoted to a pointless battle type!
Has anyone decided on selling any blades at this one? I know a few people were pondering it after Spinoff, with how many people were asking for them. I was thinkin about getting a large YLJ order, and selling some of it off here, but I'm not sure in all honesty.
Bank balance is like, £4.35 till next Friday, and I'm not sure if the order would get here in time for it.
This is an interesting turn........I wouldn't right it off just yet, there are a lot of people eager to get their hands on some MFB, hell I'd probably buy some too. It could be a good idea even if just to save on the P&P. Think about it some more, we can talk about it later maybe?

Oh and my MOJ order came in like a week maybe a bit less, I can't really remember but it was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. :3
Yeah, sounds good Rocky. Main problem right now is funding it to be honest, I was £30 off my last paycheck because of Easter Sunday, and my next paycheck is more or less going towards the £3000 university fee for next year. I'll look in to it a little further though.
Theflightyellz PM on how much your bringing and depending on how much you are bring i'll lend you some money if you want.If your short on money that is.
I'm not going in to borrowing money off of people cutewolfsam, this is simply a "If I can get the money for it, I'll do it, if not it'll be a great event anyway."
I was thinking of another option as a possibility, a few of us could do sort of a SummerSmash group buy. Perhaps we could all chip in on a single order, meaning we'd all save on the P&P, and then perhaps order a few extras split between us to sell? This can be discussed at a later point, I'm just spinning that idea as I go, but it's a possibility.
I'll talk to Rocky about it over the next few days.
(Jun. 09, 2009  9:55 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: This can be discussed at a later point, I'm just spinning that idea as I go, but it's a possibility.

Ahahahahaha. XD

Ahem.

Sounds good, let's not leave discussion for too long though. :3 God this hobby makes me so poor....Crying
That's rich comping from "I worked for a paper company, but it folded" XD
Know how you're feeling, you did read what my bank balance was, right Tired Hope we can get something sorted for this though.
So who is selling at the summer smash and what blades or metal faces etc are you selling?
That could've been posted in the 'anyone selling at the summer smash?' thread, don't you think?
I guess so, what so do you want me to repost this in the who is selling at summer smash thread.
No.......just read that thread?

If there's a particular bey you're looking for, request it there and someone may have it. If not then just read the thread (which I'm pretty sure you've already done).
Hey rocky i just realised i have no idea what anyone on this site looks like and this might be the same for other people so i think we should have stickers with our member name on them.
You won't need stickers. We were fine at Spinoff. Because this is will only be made up mostly of forum users, there will be no problem. When it comes to finding us just look for a group of people age ranging from 10 to 20 lol. You really won't be able to miss us haha.
you can always look in the picture topic in the general forum. bunch of you guys posted in there already i'm pretty sure
yeah Espio got a point, i think we will probably be the only people in the park bladin so you know we won't be to hard to spot lol
ALSO!!

Rocky, I'm pretty much a definate. I have been paid and have more money than I expected. So I will definately come down on the Saturday!
oh by way the im sorry if this is inapropriate but i no some of you play pokemon so if you want to bring your ds along we could trade and stuff too if you want?
This should be in the videogames topic, started a thread for it here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Summer-S...on-trading
(Jun. 12, 2009  12:37 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: oh by way the im sorry if this is inapropriate but i no some of you play pokemon so if you want to bring your ds along we could trade and stuff too if you want?

I'll bring mine with me.