UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

Are you a person that likes beyblades, but your parents think they're for little kids and don't want you to use them? I am.

My younger sister goes to my dad "Oh oh, guess what Mark got from eBay? BEYBLADES" and then she pissed herself laughing. Dad replies with "You're joking.. they're rubbish toys." And then mum starts laughing.

God. This angers me SOOO MUCH. I'm allowed to do what I want and no one should have to criticize me for it. My sister is embarrassed about liking Hannah Montana and tells me not to tell anyone, but she goes and laughs at me for liking Beyblades. >____>

Anyone else feel this?
Yah the same happens with me
My bro and six are always like that
And don't get me started about what my mom does
Your family is really....... unacceptent(?). They should really support your hobbies more.
My family all likes beyblade. My little sis loves em, im a make a blader outa her; My bro beyblades and is a member on here; My aunts and uncles(all I see regularly) think they are really cool (my one aunt may take me to brads Beyblade War Room tourny); Lastly my parents support me 100%, they7 just won't taqke me to tournaments. -.-
tell your family i said they're terrible people and they shouldn't be surprised when you turn into an adult and decide to never contact them because they were negligent, terrible people
ask them if they'd rather your hobby was chugging cough syrup and taking meth
I completely agree with Brad, if my family was like yours, I'd probably be dead.
also i'm 20 so obviously it doesn't matter what my parents think

that being said my mom was always pretty supportive and played with me sometimes
(Dec. 27, 2008  5:18 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Your family is really....... unacceptent(?). They should really support your hobbies more.
My family all likes beyblade. My little sis loves em, im a make a blader outa her; My bro beyblades and is a member on here; My aunts and uncles(all I see regularly) think they are really cool (my one aunt may take me to brads Beyblade War Room tourny); Lastly my parents support me 100%, they7 just won't taqke me to tournaments. -.-

Wow. Your family must be pretty cool.

My family (and friends) can't accept that all people are different and I'm interested in this kind of stuff.
(Dec. 27, 2008  5:51 AM)Mankster Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2008  5:18 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Your family is really....... unacceptent(?). They should really support your hobbies more.

My family (and friends) can't accept that all people are different and I'm interested in this kind of stuff.

My family is full of nerds, awesome nerds. =P. While my power was out, My bro and I beybladed uncle.
(Dec. 27, 2008  5:51 AM)Mankster Wrote:

I think it's just important to show your family that you can balance your life. I'm into Beyblade (obviously), but I also have a lot of other interests and probably don't play Beyblade as much as most of you think I do.
Nice advice there, Brad. lol.

Well, I like Video Games, Aussie Rules football, cricket, computers and lots of other things.
My Parents don't know bout my addictions to things much... they just see what were into and go on with it, but my brother and almost my sister does. I use to tell my brother how stupid beyblading was ..^_^' till he just handed the blade over to me and said try it. I told him so many times i won't but then i finally gave in, i'm like FINE!!! So after i did, it was amazing, even though it was only for a few seconds... it was pretty fun. After that i asked my brother to let me play with it again and again but he refused. After 2 or 3 years after this year about in march or april i think, i got back into beyblade, but not like ever before. I tell my friends about how beyblade is so awesome and sometimes they tell me their beyblade story even though it wasn't that interesting it still seemed fun and a great memory xD
Who decides what is childish? Aren't all of these kind of games the same? Chess, Checkers, UNO LOL, Beyblades... Like Brad said, I wish my older cousin had occupied his time with these then with drugs.
My dad plays wit me sometimes and every1 else i try to get 2 play sometimes. Depends if theyv got anything 2do.
It's annoying because my parents are generally cool about the other retarded stuff I like and my mum is actually quite 'with it' but for some reason they just have something against beyblades. I guess because I liked them when I was little and just got back into them. If I had only just discovered them then they'd be fine with it. Stupid prejudice. Pinching_eyes
My dad doesn't care about what I do as long as I get my degree.

Just talk to them person to person about how you feel about getting criticized. I'm sure they have plenty of things that they could get criticized about so it's only fair that they don't bring it up.
(Dec. 27, 2008  6:36 PM)G Wrote: My dad doesn't care about what I do as long as I get my degree.

Same goes for mine, however, at last he has given up lecturing me about everything alike Beyblade as it does not has any effect on me and my mom; thanks to her I was able to order my first two Beyblades overseas from Toysnjoys...
(Dec. 27, 2008  6:36 PM)G Wrote: My dad doesn't care about what I do as long as I get my degree.

Just talk to them person to person about how you feel about getting criticized. I'm sure they have plenty of things that they could get criticized about so it's only fair that they don't bring it up.
Communication and earning respect is the key. Bargaining..maybe.
(Dec. 27, 2008  3:34 AM)Mankster Wrote: God. This angers me SOOO MUCH. I'm allowed to do what I want and no one should have to criticize me for it. My sister is embarrassed about liking Hannah Montana and tells me not to tell anyone, but she goes and laughs at me for liking Beyblades. >____>

Anyone else feel this?
i like hannah montana XD
Quote:i like hannah montana XD

OH MY GOD.
As long as you aint possessed bye it like my sister
she it is the only thing she watches or listens to is that High School Musical and (un)camp rock
I get a bad impression Uncertain
When I told my mum that I got back into them she just went:
"Just try not to put holes through things like you used to try with them" She also likes it because it keeps our lazy-carp cat entertained and out of her hair.
(Dec. 27, 2008  10:18 PM)draciel09 Wrote: ok

don't make pointless posts