UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

my parents are pretty cool with my hobbies
my family's ok with it..i mean i only play beyblades when im really bored anyways..lol i used to collect them and i just got baack into it recently...i mean as long as it doesnt interfere with other things like chores, homework,or school its ok.

i even use it to persuaade my lil bro to finish his food since he likes blading XD
"finish your food or else we wont play!!!" haha
My mom doesn't mind that I play, she just doesn't like me spending all my money on it. And I don't lol I mostly get guitar equipment
mine r fine with it and my greatgramps blades' with me sometimes. ur folks should f off insulting your intrests, like wtf not like beyblade change people or harm or whatever. just ignore them or talk to them about it
My mom don't like me playing with little kids toys like B-Daman or BeyBlade, when I ask her about it she always change the subject to buying clothes with the money my dad gave me or my mom dad. My dad is the same way and he just come out and saying* Stop playing with those little baby carp and start acting your age, I for me don't give a carp what my mom, sister or dad say.
(Dec. 28, 2008  4:44 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote: My mom don't like me playing with little kids toys like B-Daman or BeyBlade, when I ask her about it she always change the subject to buying clothes with the money my dad gave me or my mom dad. My dad is the same way and he just come out and saying* Stop playing with those little baby carp and start acting your age, I for me don't give a carp what my mom, sister or dad say.

.................you have a mom-dad?
My parents say that i need to grow up. But, they did give me money to order mfb with. so i really dont know where they stand with me and beyblade. lol.
(Dec. 28, 2008  4:48 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2008  4:44 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote: My mom don't like me playing with little kids toys like B-Daman or BeyBlade, when I ask her about it she always change the subject to buying clothes with the money my dad gave me or my mom dad. My dad is the same way and he just come out and saying* Stop playing with those little baby carp and start acting your age, I for me don't give a carp what my mom, sister or dad say.

I mean my mom dad, u know every women that raise u have a mother and a father when they were kids
(Dec. 28, 2008  5:15 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:

I mean my mom dad, u know every women that raise u have a mother and a father when they were kids

Oh right.....you grandad on your mothers side. =_=
I talked to a lot of people with parents like that. My teammate RyOz had a mom who hated Beyblade. Hell, she hated ME for being into Beyblade and supporting his hobby.

These are people who are overly concerned with being acceptable to a mainstream social group. I think it used to have an effect on my ability to make friends, but that was when I was fourteen and people actually gave a carp about some silly hobby of mine.

Now I have a group of 18-20 year olds wanting to learn all about it.

roflmfao
(Dec. 27, 2008  5:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think it's just important to show your family that you can balance your life. I'm into Beyblade (obviously), but I also have a lot of other interests and probably don't play Beyblade as much as most of you think I do.

See, I do this just fine. I can balance my liking for Beyblade and other things in my life, but I still have issues. Mostly with my little brother.

Then again, he seems to hate my guts no matter what happens, so...
(Dec. 28, 2008  6:02 PM)Anubis Wrote: I talked to a lot of people with parents like that. My teammate RyOz had a mom who hated Beyblade. Hell, she hated ME for being into Beyblade and supporting his hobby.

These are people who are overly concerned with being acceptable to a mainstream social group. I think it used to have an effect on my ability to make friends, but that was when I was fourteen and people actually gave a carp about some silly hobby of mine.

Now I have a group of 18-20 year olds wanting to learn all about it.

Oh lord, Ry0z's mom Pinching_eyes
wow most of family likes beyblade (bleach & naruto 2 my favorite animes Joyful_3) all my friends like them too we even have our own leauge (I'm the only 1 part of the wbo though Tired) man that really sucks 4 u though
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:11 PM)blader9 Wrote: wow most of family likes beyblade (bleach & naruto 2 my favorite animes Joyful_3) all my friends like them too we even have our own leauge (I'm the only 1 part of the wbo though Tired) man that really sucks 4 u though

oh and my mom and dad always let me buy beyblades (my mom says there cheeper than and better than video games ) she likes when me and my friends play with them
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:11 PM)blader9 Wrote: wow most of family likes beyblade (bleach & naruto 2 my favorite animes Joyful_3) all my friends like them too we even have our own leauge (I'm the only 1 part of the wbo though Tired) man that really sucks 4 u though

oh and my mom and dad always let me buy beyblades (my mom says there cheeper than and better than video games ) she likes when me and my friends play with them

That sounds awesome. And you should ask your friends to join! Smile

What a confusing quote. D:
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:16 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

That sounds awesome. And you should ask your friends to join! Smile

What a confusing quote. D:

i asked them but they said no i don't know whyChocked_2
my older brother is trying to force me to quit. saying im to old, but i said to him "there are way older bladers than me" but i have yet to show him.
(Nov. 01, 2010  2:13 AM)darkaries24 Wrote: my older brother is trying to force me to quit. saying im to old, but i said to him "there are way older bladers than me" but i have yet to show him.

Yeah, man. I'm 17, and I love the hobby.

Just ignore him.
(Nov. 01, 2010  2:13 AM)darkaries24 Wrote: my older brother is trying to force me to quit. saying im to old, but i said to him "there are way older bladers than me" but i have yet to show him.

i'm older than 18; tell him to grow up and stop judging your hobby, there are weirder hobbies out there and i've seen them; beyblade is nothing compared to it.
my mom and sister annoy me so much about me liking beyblades they think it is childish and stupid they think i should stop playing with them since i am in seventh grade my brother thinks the same thing but he supports me at the same time. He takes me to tourneys. He buys me beyblades so my brother is pretty much a hypocrite but idc at least he tries not like my mom and sister
My family doesn't care that much about my hobbies. I collect beys as well as comic books (yeah, I'm a real nerd, lol). As long as it doesn't get in the way of other things (and I don't spend ridiculous amounts of money, which I have in the last couple of months, lol) things are fine.
Heh, my mom seems to really not care that I'm twelve and collect beys. I know, I'm still young, but my other aunts and uncles... They say: "You still collect that? Aren't you grown up?" "Wow, you still have those, and yet your twelve???"

Yeah, it's pitiful. I'm only twelve.
(Nov. 01, 2010  2:13 AM)darkaries24 Wrote: Don't you mean.... NECROBUMP.

This is a topic that hasn't been posted in 2 years.....
But I guess this could get some discussion. =)

I bet almost all the people in the WBO can relate to this, my parents don't really "support" my hobby, and thinks it's for little kids, but they don't try to stop me from going to tournaments.

There are many phases, and I bet everybody has hit this one. In the beginning, as a kid, you don't care about popularity, in middle to high-school, you follow a crowd, finally in roughly university, you hit a nolstalgia phase. It just came really early for me, even though I still care about my "popularity" in school.

This probably sounds self-concieted, but I'm one of the more "cooler" kids in my school, I'm definitely not the "coolest", but I have many friends.
(For the record, I'm 13.)

Which is why I don't want people to know about this hobby, and my yu-gi-oh hobby.

Finally, like Brad said 2 years ago, at least it's better than what most, or at least, a good amount of what the highschool - ers are doing these days.
(Nov. 01, 2010  3:00 AM)RayJoker Wrote: Heh, my mom seems to really not care that I'm twelve and collect beys. I know, I'm still young, but my other aunts and uncles... They say: "You still collect that? Aren't you grown up?" "Wow, you still have those, and yet your twelve???"

Yeah, it's pitiful. I'm only twelve.

im only a year older than you

anyways... my mom and my sister are always like "do you still get that bakucrap" or "stop wasting your money on this beycrap"

(Nov. 01, 2010  3:00 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: This probably sounds self-concieted, but I'm one of the more "cooler" kids in my school, I'm definitely not the "coolest", but I have many friends.
(For the record, I'm 13.)

Which is why I don't want people to know about this hobby, and my yu-gi-oh hobby.

all my friends know i like yugioh and beyblade. infact, i usually stay in my teachers classroom with my friends to play yugioh.(except on wednesdays cause i have band practice xD)
(Dec. 27, 2008  8:01 PM)H2O Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2008  3:34 AM)Mankster Wrote: God. This angers me SOOO MUCH. I'm allowed to do what I want and no one should have to criticize me for it. My sister is embarrassed about liking Hannah Montana and tells me not to tell anyone, but she goes and laughs at me for liking Beyblades. >____>

Anyone else feel this?
i like hannah montana XD

Me too :p

On a serious note my family are ok with it but my aunt sometimes teases me on beyblades but my mom allows me to get them it's kinda weird sometimes when shes angry with me she says don't play with beyblades like a little kid

What BeyBrad posted 2 years ago was too harsh , our parent just want the best in life for , it's how we react we can show them we can manage all our studies & other activities with blading it's good to have a hobby those who don't have any end up doing what the world does & die a boring meaningless life & also end up being addicted to drugs , beer , smoking at least beyblade does not ruin our internal body