Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

yeah this movie was not very good

cringe worthy: one of the robots having a pair of balls. seriously.
(Jun. 27, 2009  1:03 AM)Artie Wrote: yeah this movie was not very good

cringe worthy: one of the robots having a pair of balls. seriously.
im still seeing it
I liked it though some humor was unneeded. I liked the first one aswell and it was nice to see more things get clustercarped buy the Decepticons.
(Jun. 27, 2009  1:03 AM)Artie Wrote: cringe worthy: one of the robots having a pair of balls. seriously.

You know, I can't disagree with that, that was a bit sad and the part with the small one was really sad as well.

But still, I loved the film.
It's weird how the same writers behind this spring's Star Trek also wrote both Transformers movies, yet there is a huge quality difference there. Part of me thinks it's because Star Trek fans will nerd rage and probably threaten the lives of Orci, and Kurtzman. And yeah, their script had the balls.
do you guys remember when atomous was fighting 3 deceptacons at once and he used to blades and then used to scicles to rip one of there faces off?!!! (sorry for the spelling errors to lazy to pay attention to spelling just woke up) saw the movie yesterday
(Jun. 27, 2009  3:35 PM)To Wrote: It's weird how the same writers behind this spring's Star Trek also wrote both Transformers movies, yet there is a huge quality difference there. Part of me thinks it's because Star Trek fans will nerd rage androbably threaten the lives of Orci, and Kurtzman. And yeah, their script had the balls.

I liked Star Trek but the writing wasn't particularly incredible, so I'm not surprised.
They're also the head writers behind Fringe, take that as you will.
(Jun. 27, 2009  10:26 PM)To Wrote: They're also the head writers behind Fringe, take that as you will.

How are these people still able to find work?

Fringe was an abomination.
Correction: Fringe is an abomination (well in your opinion anyways). The series was renewed for a second season after being one of the fall's top rated TV shows.

Orci and Kurtzman still work because their stuff makes money.
To me, this movie was a huge disappointment. I would watch the old Autobots anytime now.
(Jun. 28, 2009  1:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote: To me, this movie was a huge disappointment. I would watch the old Autobots anytime now.

Thank you! As per Bay, The story was weak and the action had so much CGI that I could barely tell what was going on! And the "Jive Twins"? C'mon!
Got good news and bad news for you but you will have to take my word for it for now since I don't have time to look for a link.

The bad news is that there will be a third one.

The good news is that it will not be writen by the same people. (If that is good news to you people.)
This movie is a guilty pleasure, I loved it.
Smile
Just to note, I was wrong, it is the director who isnot doing it, the writers will be the same people.
Zander, just don't.

Bay wants the third for 2012. Paramount wants the third for 2011. I think Bay will win.

And it's no surprise a third one is happening. It was greenlight back in 2007, before the first one even was released. Not to mention the fact that Revenge Of The Fallen has hit nearly $400 million worldwide in 5 days, more then half of the first movie's grand worldwide total of $700 million. That $112million opening weekend in the US sure helps.
(Jun. 30, 2009  11:02 PM)bugturtles Wrote: there better be some dinobots

Actually, the movie had a very good opportunity to put a Dinobot, in the movie, saddly, it seems mister Bay was...drunk or something and decided not to satisfy the fans of all the series.
Not Bay. Blame Kurtzman, and Orci, they wanted Dinobots but they couldn't find a way to introduce them into the story. The same thing happened to Soundwave in the first movie.
(Jul. 01, 2009  11:15 PM)To Wrote: Not Bay. Blame Kurtzman, and Orci, they wanted Dinobots but they couldn't find a way to introduce them into the story. The same thing happened to Soundwave in the first movie.

Have you seen the movie? If so, do you remember at the very beginning of it? We have those mayan-looking guys who hunt tigers. I thought for sure they were going to make it, like, the Transformers had been hiding on Earth since the very beginning, but no, they just went around looking like giant robots, which they are. Don't you think they could have introduced some sort of Dinobots, here? It would have made sense, I believe. And how have the Transformers been hiding, then, until the invention of the car? Oh, right, they weren't hiding, they went around being huge and not hiding that fact.
That sequence still wouldn't have made sense to introduce the Dinobots anyways, primitive humans /= time of the dinosaurs, and even if it did in messed up Bayland the Dinobots would have already been dead by present day, as the only one to survive that was The Fallen, who fleed Earth. They didn't need to disguise themselves then because the Humans didn't pose a threat, nor did it pose a threat for them to not hide. When the human race evolved it became a smarter idea to hide, since as Prime says, they've already seen the human's destructiveness.
As far as I can remember, Beast Wars era transformers have traveled through time to go back to the prehistoric age...
(Jul. 03, 2009  1:09 AM)To Wrote: They didn't need to disguise themselves then because the Humans didn't pose a threat, nor did it pose a threat for them to not hide. When the human race evolved it became a smarter idea to hide, since as Prime says, they've already seen the human's destructiveness.

Well, if humans pose such a great threat, how come they can't do anything aginst them, in the movie? The only time I saw a Transformer get "wounded" or damaged, is when that dude from sector 7 tells some guy in the sea to fire some super-canon to shoot it at the big Transformer that was destroying the pyramid. And even if today they pose a small threat, they wouldn't have posed a threat back then. The only thing I can think of that could have damaged a transformer is a nuclear bomb and the very first nuclear bomb was only detonated in 1945. Not that long ago.

But you seem to know a lot about the movie. Maybe you understood better than me so could you please answer a few questions, so this movie makes more sense, to me?

Why can only a Prime kill the Fallen? It seems like he can be killed by physical means, so why should only a Prime do it?

Also, can you tell me where the "Matrix" comes from? Who created it? The transformers? If so, can't they just create another one? Since when do we need to use a sun to create energon? According to Beast Wars, at least, energon can be found a little everywhere and doesn't require suns to be made.
Well if a human were to somehow contain a Transformer back in the 20's and stuff, they could conduct experiments, tear them apart, etc. Primitive humans don't exactly have that kind of knowledge.

As for why only a Prime can kill The Fallen, I'd assume it would have to be an issue of strength. In most lores a Prime is the leader, he earns that status, rather then being created with that name.

The Matrix is different in various lores, I don't read the Movie comics so I don't know if it is explained in those. In some the Matrix is created by Primus, the creator of all Transformers. In others the Matrix is actually the cause for all Transformers (thus they don't know where it came from, and can't replicate it). The 1986 movie has some more info on the Matrix, as it lights their darkest hour.

I don't believe they were using those machines to harvest Energon, but rather just Energy. I'm not sure if there is any Energon in movie-verse.
Can't believe I still haven't seen this. Everyone's saying that it's awesome and even better than the first one Smile