Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

(Jul. 03, 2009  8:57 PM)To Wrote: Well if a human were to somehow contain a Transformer back in the 20's and stuff, they could conduct experiments, tear them apart, etc. Primitive humans don't exactly have that kind of knowledge.

As for why only a Prime can kill The Fallen, I'd assume it would have to be an issue of strength. In most lores a Prime is the leader, he earns that status, rather then being created with that name.

I don't believe they were using those machines to harvest Energon, but rather just Energy. I'm not sure if there is any Energon in movie-verse.

Which they did, actually, with Megatron, but they found him in an ice desert, or something and used him to create the big new technology, which is total bullcarp, too.

But if a Prime is the best fighter, then why did Optimus require the parts from that old dying Decepticon, in order to kill him? If he was the strongest, he wouldn't need the sacrifice of that old fart in order to win, would he?

As for the Matrix, I'll just roll with that. Don't really care for it, anyway, it's basically the same as the All-Sparks. Where is the All-Sparks coming from? Was it the first thing that was ever created? Was it the reason of human life as well as Transformers life, too?

As for the energon, maybe it's because I saw the french dub (All Hail Québec!!) but they clearly said energon, although that may very well be an error on "our" part.
They found him in Alaska, or Antartica or something, lmao.

The reason Prime needed those parts from Jetfire were due to the fact that he was badly damaged, and in that state he probably wouldn't have been able to defeat The Fallen (afterall, he did just die, was ressurected, and attacked my Megs and the other Decepticons).

As for the Allspark, I actually don't really have a clue there. It's not something I'm very familiar with because AFAIK, like The Fallen it's something that was pretty much only mentioned in comics (which I don't read).

I'm watching the movie again next week (third time), so I'll see if they mention Energon by name.
Yeah, you just reminded me of something...when Sam gets blown up by Megatron, he goes into this weird...place that I like to call "Robot Heaven". It is Robot Heavent, since he sees all the other Primes, there. He sees the DEAD Primes! And he, a human, is in Robot Heaven! Can you explain that one? I could accept the fact that there's some other dimension where all the sparks go when they get killed, but, then why would Sam be able to go?! Was he just hallucinating? And why is Sam sunddenly this Chosen One whose destiny is to bring back Optimus to life? They didn't talk at all about that in the first movie and it seemed that Optimus knew that too.

And if the Transformers can be brought back to life just by coming in contact with like a piece of the All-Spark or with the Matrix, why would there be a Robot Heaven? They're basically just dormant until they come in contact with one of them, so why should there be a Robot Heaven?!

And, also, at the very beginning, we find out that a piece of the All-Spark is held in some extemely secure bunker. Although all that was required to foil the army's plans was a tiger-like decepticon and a robot made of balls. The Army really is lame. Furthermore, why would a decepticon take the shape of a tiger if it's not going to take the skin of a tiger!? No one's gonna be fooled by that! If he really had to be anything, he should have been a truck.

Third time, huh?...How much did it cost ya, total?
Decepticons don't really care about being in disguise. Megatron's alternate mode for example is a batmobile esque car, and an alien jet. They'd rather just kill humans, they only take alternate modes when in need of being in surveilance modes or something. The tiger bot is Ravage, but I think the movie may have called him Rampage (again, I'll be sure next week).

In the first film we find out that Sam is a descendant of a man who found Megatron in the frozen abyss, this man later got all the visions of cybertronian text and such. So it's not so odd that once Sam touched the Matrix that the elder Prime's knew of his existance, and knew that he was a descendant of the man who "discovered" the Transformers. And if they're in a heavan, they could just look down and see what is happening in the universe.

The Allspark, and Matrix are items that are not exactly in bountiful supply. The Decepticons wanted both to resurect their home planet of Cybertron, and truly reignite the great war between them and the Autobots.

The first time I watched it in Imax for like $18, the second time was a general theatre for $12. I'm gonna watch it in Imax again, so grand total would be $48.
I think you're looking a bit too hard into a 2 and a half hour toy and car commercial.
Huh...Is it a better experience in Imax?

And you didn't explain to me why Rampage, or Ravage, for all I care, has the shape of a Tiger. What purpose does that serve? But don't you think that the mere concept of "Robot Heaven" is ridiculous? They bring Sam there and bring him back to life! Are they gods? Is that it, do Primes reach a god-like status once they die? I would actually be willing to accept that, but the movie has to tell me about it!

Man, I'm getting to angry about this. It's just a movie, right? Anyway, is it better in Imax?
Ravage was a jaguar type ish animal because it allowed him to be fast, and sleek, good for spying, as well as being a robot ninja, lmao. It's kind of like asking why Megatron in G1 chose a gun as a alternate form, since whenever he transformed he needed someone to shoot him (not to mention, huge mass shifting there).

This is Transformers, nothing to me will seem ridiculous in this franchise.

I was told the Imax cut is longer, I couldn't really tell. But the Imax expeirence, well it's great. There are times where the CG looks so much better, there are scenes where Prime is the entire 50 foot screen, which would make him to scale, if a real Optimus Prime were to be made, and it's just jaw dropping. But if you didn't like the movie, no point going to see it in a more expensive venue.
That makes sense, I suppose, if you didn't like the movie, don't go see it again XD

You presented quite a few good arguments. I still think the movie was embarassing for humanity, but at least you had good points.

By the way, what do you think of that nice and incredibly immature/offensive/annoying comic relief? You know, like the two dogs who were doing...you know what TWICE, at the beginning of the movie, the part when that small decepticon robot tried to...hump Megan Fox's leg? Those two black-man stereotype "twin-cars" who just wouldn't stop talking? The scene where that guy from sector 7 rips his pants off and we get a nice shot of his crotch in a J-String and right after that another nice shot of his a*s, once again in J-string? The scene where we see Destroyer (not sure about his name, the really big one that sucks one of the twin-robot) having sort of balls made out of metal? Did you really laugh at those? I know I didn't even giggle, I was even embarassed for those who did laugh.
I don't really mind Mojo, and the other dog. As for Wheelie, he should have stuck to speaking in rhyme (he's the RC car). There are times I wish the Twins didn't exist (most of the movie), but there are times when they are funny because of their attitude, mostly in regards to Leo. John Turturro, aka Agent Simmons, did make me lawl. Most people didn't get Devastator's balls (this was a joke that Kurtzman, and Orci made, clearly that went well).

Stuff like Sam's mom on less then legal substances (but it's green!), most scenes involving Leo, and scenes where the University teacher and Sam confront (Einstein was wrong!) are examples of some of the movie's better comic relief.
Yeah, Einstein was wrong...I feel bad about it but I did laugh, there...

Although the Alpha and the Omega (a.k.a the teacher) amazed me beyond reason. Did you see it? He can get laid with any girl of the university! I wish I could do that...I also wish I went to that university, since there is not a single ugly girl, there...Man, he's amazing...Plus, by calling himself the Alpha and the Omega, he compares himself to God...dude's got guts.

Leo just didn't seem to belong in that movie. He looked like a character out of Harold and Kumar or something and that wouldn't be a problem, since Harold and Kumar was a fine movie (Well, fine movies, I guess) but I didn't come here to see Harold and Kumar, I went in that theater to see Harold and Kumar, I came to see Transformers! Which brings me to another complaint (I know I'm annoying) When I go to see a movie called Transformers, I want to see Transformers, not humans! There were way too many humans, in that movie and, actually, I think they should just get rid of all of them. They really tried to make us think that Shiya's character was necessary, but, when you think about it, just about any other Transformer could have out the Matrix in Optimus to bring him back...ugh...
This movie in its first half hour has more robots in it then the first movie has in it's 2 hour and 23 minute run time.
I was really bummed when the two giant decepticons got taken out almost right away, the one at the beginning and the one towards the end. They were pretty badass.
Indeed, they were really cool.

Come to think of it, did that big one at the beginning do anything to deserve being killed? He just seemed to have been sleeping there, or something...
He served as a plot device to warn the Autobots of The Fallen. And he did kind of bang up Shanghai.

Also, SWINE FLU.
Yeah...he crashed Shanghai...

You know, with all the people that live there, I'm surprised no one was able to film a better movie with cameras or with cellphones with camera included in them...

Plus, I would imagine that all the noise made by his commotion would have gathered a few people...
^the movie had a lot of flaws like that

but so do most tv shows and stuff, so its not a big deal.
There was video. You forget the part in Leo's apartment? It should be said that Demolisher did attack mostly industrial areas.
Yeah, I remember that, but we barely saw anything, just occasionally an arm, or something.

In that occasion, I would have expected someone to be able to hold a camera better, just so other people could see it.
It's clearly the second Cloverfield homage...

Funny thing is, in the first movie you see some overweight kid running outside of his house screaming "This is so better then Armageddon" filming what we'd later find out is the Autobots arrival to earth.

It's not to say that there wasn't more footage, that Leo and friends didn't get at that time.

Also there were some direct shots of Demolisher in that video. Sam brushes it off saying that it was made with a computer...
Right right, I remember...

But, when you think about it, they really were made with a computer Tired
The first Transformers was okay, but there were so many missing plot sequences, and generally the acting was bad.... I'm just going to wait to rent this on DVD.
Great idea, I should have done that.

I feel stupid, now...
(Jun. 28, 2009  12:42 AM)To Wrote: Correction: Fringe is an abomination (well in your opinion anyways). The series was renewed for a second season after being one of the fall's top rated TV shows.

If this means that you like Fringe, then by golly, there might be something that both of us actually like (aside from the obvious)!

All of my friends liked Transformers, but for one reason and one reason only:
[Image: transformersfoxlabeouf.jpg]
(no, not Shia LaBeouf)
I like Fringe to a degree. I can stand watching the show once every week. But anymore and I'd probably start writing about things I didn't like.

I also don't find Megan Fox very attractive. She doesn't do it for me. Isabell Lucas on the other hand...
(Jul. 13, 2009  2:46 AM)Elmo Wrote: All of my friends liked Transformers, but for one reason and one reason only:

...Yeah, she is the only reason why I would consider this movie great.

I especially like how she appears at the beginning of the movie...detailling that bike...man Chocked_2