Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

I saw some merch for this in M&S the other day......there was a picture of Optimus Prime and he genuniely looked like he was in pain. His eyes were so sad and haunting. I walked off quickly.
Well i know I'm really looking forward to the movie, and if anyone wants to talk about transformers being carp try bagging on that new anime that aired on tv fairly recently.... that was sad
(Jun. 22, 2009  9:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: to that's a lot of words to tell me that i shouldn't express my dislike for something

There was some weird posting issue, the loading bar would just continue loading for like a half hour so I thought it didn't actually post my post. I had a feeling that was going to happen so while it stayed loading indefinately I copy and pasted my response.

(Jun. 22, 2009  9:23 AM)Sega Wrote: Im never going to get over how much I dislike the look of the Transformers currently, they look like scrap metal stuck together, bring back the classic look Wink

You realize there is more to Transformers then just Bayverse going on right? There was Animated on TV (has been cancelled), the Universe toyline, and of course more comics than I know exist.
What an awesome movie, saw it at the o2 today and it was magnificent to say the least, the story was good and the cgi was amazing, as a media student last year doing some of the stuff they did succesfully is really something! megan fox looked hot to
The 12:00 showings were all sold out, but I got one fore 12:40. I enjoyed it a lot and since I was with most of my close buds and GF so it made it better. I did get goosebumps a lot like I did in the first movie, but the part that I didn't like was how similar it was to the '86 movie.
Oh man just saw it last night, LOVED IT. Destroyed the First movie in my opinion.

Alot of things just going on all at once, a nice little backstory behind it aswell as we look in further to the Transformers world, action scenes were mindblowing alot of hard work was put into it as everything just looked so detailed and legit.

Although was anyone getting sick of the movie constantly focusing on Megan Fox as eye candy? Seriously, who paints a motorike like that? And always notice how nice she looks in the middle of battle where theres Dirt and rubble everywhere. She served no purpose in the movie and brought nothing to the table, and to be honest Megan Fox is always going to get the attention on her looks more than her acting which is passable.
i refuse to see this movie agh
Probably gonna go see this tomorrow night for carp and giggles.

I'm expecting it to be laughably terrible, but I'm going with the sole intention of making fun of it/laughing at it, so it's sure to be good times. Grin
Good thing I preordered Imax tickets for me and a few friends, and got to the screening an hour before it started, because there was a lineup with tonnes, and tonnes of people (Probably more people in that line then all the people who watched DBE in theatres, sad face). As well, all Imax screenings were sold out.

Honestly, being a carpin' TF fanboy, the movie was more or less awesome, despite the spindly robots. Gave more of what I wanted in the first movie, mainly robots. There was a portion where I felt tears were gonna come down, even though I knew it wasn't going to be permanent. For those who've seen the movie I guess you can tell (it bears a similar resemblance to a previous piece of Transformers lore) which part. There were things I didn't like, the Matrix being one of them (I guess it lights their darkest hour, but jeeze the original design for the Matrix didn't need to be changed). And the Twins were grating, but served their purpose as comedic relief. And for the most part the Decepticons are still run of the mill movie monsters, with four exceptions. I hated Wheelie, for the sole fact he didn't talk in rhyme, lmao.

My Narutard friend lulz at the poster in the dorm room.

As well, if ILM doesn't win best special effects at the Oscars this year (since there were tonnes more CGI in this one then the original, not to mention less shakey cam) then the Oscars can royally screw themselves.

Sega: Lmao, not to mention the scene where she's undressing. We all know Megan is only in Hollywood for her looks. Even she knows that, 'cause in a recent interview she replied to a question "Do you think these movies are pushing your acting abilities?", she seriously replied with "I have acting abilities?". Although, I wasn't focusing much on Megan in this movie, since Isabella Lucas...

Midnight Screenings in the US were $16 million. All time record for Wednesday, and second highest midnight opening, behind The Dark Knight's $18 million Friday opening.
I have now seen the film and I think it was unbelievable, I can't even see why you people are knocking it so much.
Made $60.5 million on Wednesday. Biggest Wednesday opening in US movie history.
I just saw it tonight.

Honestly it was embarrassing at points. Like I literally thought to myself "You know if I were maybe 12 or 13 I'd probably think this movie was genuinely funny -- maybe even good". But like... Most of the time though the humor was really low-brow and grating.

I mean really how many bad sexual jokes can you make in one movie? I'm pretty sure Michael Bay should hold the Guinness World Record for them with this one.

I mean, it wasn't the WORST movie I've ever seen, but it was definitely tough for me to sit through the whole thing. Eventually it got to the point where I was so disinterested that I just started being obnoxious and yelling things at the screen (much to the dismay of the people surrounding me) to entertain myself.

Yeah... Don't go see this. It is the epitome of a big dumb action movie, and NOT in a good way.
if you want a dumb action movie go rent crank

i know there's a crank 2 but i havent seen it yet
Brad, stop trolling this thread, lmao.

And Roan, you could have just left instead of potentially ruining the movie for those 12 and 13 year olds who actually enjoyed it.
(Jun. 26, 2009  4:42 PM)To Wrote: And Roan, you could have just left instead of potentially ruining the movie for those 12 and 13 year olds who actually enjoyed it.

LOL carp plz

Dude the movie was full of people my age (I'm 20 btw) and older. We saw it fairly late.

A lot of people were leaving halfway through the movie, so I really doubt my antics, which came in the last 30 minutes of the movie, made it any worse for them.

When the credits started rolling I jumped up out of my seat and screamed like a girl clapping furiously, then I was like "BEST MOVIE EVERRRRRRRRRRRR" in the dead silence. Everyone was busting up laughing. I can't count the number of "Wow that sucked" comments I heard walking out.
I made the 12 and 13 year old comment as trolling you, since you said, "You know if I were maybe 12 or 13 I'd probably think this movie was genuinely funny -- maybe even good". I watched the movie, I saw more then 12, and 13 year olds in the theatre, esepcially since it was a sold out Imax screening.
can.t wait to see this im a hardcore transformer fan i saw the first one it was awsome
Answer this:

Is there more Starscream (and not this "hey look im here! oh wait, now i'm gonna run away!" kind of stuff)?
(Jun. 26, 2009  5:43 PM)bugturtles Wrote: Answer this:

Is there more Starscream (and not this "hey look im here! oh wait, now i'm gonna run away!" kind of stuff)?

It's more of the HEY I'M HERE NOW I'M GONNA RUN AWAY.

starscream was always a coward
(Jun. 26, 2009  7:10 PM)kai12 Wrote: starscream was always a coward

lol i know, but it honestly i think he had a very minor role (if any at all) in the first movie and would like him to blow more carp up in the second

that said i still have to see it lol
(Jun. 26, 2009  7:28 PM)bugturtles Wrote: lol i know, but it honestly i think he had a very minor role (if any at all) in the first movie and would like him to blow more carp up in the second

that said i still have to see it lol
yea same here

There is more Starscream in this movie. There is a good amount of interaction between him and Megatron. But yeah, the last line Screamer says is to run away, lmao.