Toys R Us Tournaments

Just got back from the Toys R Us here in So. Ca.
Got there just after noon, didn't see anything going on
so I asked an employee. She didnt have a clue and sent
me to customer service. The employee there had to ask
a manager. A few minuets later they set up x2 Lightning
stadiums, opened 2 miscolored dual packs and let kids
launch them down the isles. The best part, multiple 20%
off coupons.
(Oct. 11, 2010  1:53 AM)username2130 Wrote: Just got back from the Toys R Us here in So. Ca.
Got there just after noon, didn't see anything going on
so I asked an employee. She didnt have a clue and sent
me to customer service. The employee there had to ask
a manager. A few minuets later they set up x2 Lightning
stadiums, opened 2 miscolored dual packs and let kids
launch them down the isles. The best part, multiple 20%
off coupons.

LOL! that's what I figured, my friend told me when the "tournament" hit my town, there was one employee just playing with beyblades in the lightning l drago stadium hahaha

They really don't announce anything ahead of time like they use to for pokemon league and yugioh league in the old days Grin

Good times.... I think those were the best times ToysRus had hosting events.
Is there EVER going to be a tourni in Fairfield?
(Oct. 11, 2010  3:24 AM)Pegries Wrote: Is there EVER going to be a tourni in Fairfield?
We do not have any link with Hasbro or Nelvana, how would we know ?
turns out there was one by my place in valley stream! i was there, and so were a few other kids. they gave out promotional cards, but i can tell they knew nothing about it (and why should they?) so yeh i ended up getting another bull, and aquario, and saved about 5$ lucky me....?
If they hosted any around here all I'd have to do is shave off my beard and mustache and they'd probably believe that I'm young enough to play. However I doubt any are coming to this neck of the woods.
NOOOO!!!! How could I miss that beyblade tourney in RI?!?!?! Man... there goes my chance...
Wow....no tournament in Illinois.. thats a shock Chocked_2
where do u find the link for locations?
(Oct. 22, 2010  3:49 AM)fjrocks366 Wrote: where do u find the link for locations?
Most of the time they get posted on the official Beyblade Facebook page, I believe.
(Jun. 12, 2010  7:42 PM)Gadget Wrote: So who here attended some of the tournaments at their Local Toys R Us today?~

I was the one in charge at mine~ Everyone had a great time, so if anyone went to one, how'd it go for you?
What time are the tournaments and when are they i need to know today!!! my mom is all pissed off because we dont know what time the stinking tournamens r at toys r us not meaning to be mean or any thing i just neeeeeed to know because im gonna piss in my pants if i dont know soon please answer ASAP!!!!!! (as soon as possiblle!!!) THX! -ginkablader5253 Tongue_out_wink
Alright, it looks like I can finally clear this up. I hope I don't get fired for this but.....

I work for ToysRus, been working for about 3 weeks.

And guess what? I ran the Beyblade event today. It was unannounced. There wasn't a lot of people who played beyblade though so there wasn't a tournament.

I came into work, and they told me "hey we're having a beyblade event today" and I volunteered to take care of it all day. Great day of work believe me!! Really fun to mess around with beyblades and help people all day.

But anyways, Just letting everyone know right now, ToysRus doesn't really care about doing these tournaments. I even found the "Certificate" that a winner is suppose to get when they win the tournament. Its just a paper with Gingha on it and you're suppose to put your name on it. Signed by the people at ToysRus and the person running the event.

These happen every so often, very low key. So don't plan on them being "sanctioned" tournaments, because they're not. Half the kids I had come didn't even know how to play or put beyblades together, so there isn't much interest in them.

I think its safe to say ToysRus isn't the place for tournaments, but a place to buy them like anywhere else. We just have sales on them now and then is all.

Hope this clears all the questions up.
I did I won 1st place with my Lightning L-Drago AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Jun. 13, 2010  7:12 PM)bladeshredder01 Wrote: Are they going to hav any toys r us tournaments in California?
They arent going to have any toys r us tournaments that i heard of but they have world championships at the NASA space center soon there is one here in arizona too but not as fun as the one in California! well hope the info was useful (they might cancel so go out there cuz they need more contestants)Unhappy -ginkablader5253 TTYL!!!!! ps.... wanna b friends? i dont have any friends at all!
(Nov. 07, 2010  12:35 AM)WhiteCharisma Wrote: Alright, it looks like I can finally clear this up. I hope I don't get fired for this but.....

I work for ToysRus, been working for about 3 weeks.

And guess what? I ran the Beyblade event today. It was unannounced. There wasn't a lot of people who played beyblade though so there wasn't a tournament.

I came into work, and they told me "hey we're having a beyblade event today" and I volunteered to take care of it all day. Great day of work believe me!! Really fun to mess around with beyblades and help people all day.

But anyways, Just letting everyone know right now, ToysRus doesn't really care about doing these tournaments. I even found the "Certificate" that a winner is suppose to get when they win the tournament. Its just a paper with Gingha on it and you're suppose to put your name on it. Signed by the people at ToysRus and the person running the event.

These happen every so often, very low key. So don't plan on them being "sanctioned" tournaments, because they're not. Half the kids I had come didn't even know how to play or put beyblades together, so there isn't much interest in them.

I think its safe to say ToysRus isn't the place for tournaments, but a place to buy them like anywhere else. We just have sales on them now and then is all.

Hope this clears all the questions up.
well ur an old skool blader eh? then i guess im not alone well ive been to a toys r us tournament here in arizona but only once and plus i am an old skool blader too well im pretty good at both types of beyblade and i have the origional beyblade fierce battle the movie that i got at bookmans for seven dollars that is pretty cheap for such a good movie!!! well any way what state r u in any way i just am curious about what state u r in TTYL -ginkablader5253
They don't update any things on the facebook really. they might post stupid little things like : "Hi bladers are you getting the game?" but they dont update the tours and events thing
Yeah, they have like, once every other week updates about pointless stuff. I'm thinking once either: a) spring comes b) they reach a certain amount of likes they will start tournaments. Because if I remember correctly YuGiOh tournaments didn't start right away either, they started about a year or so after the packs were released. USA Toy Companies usually all think the same heh
How do u know they will have one.
(Jan. 03, 2011  10:34 PM)beycrusher jim Wrote: How do u know they will have one.
Try reading this topic before you post and bring it back.
Are these tourneys held by the store or WBO members?
(Jan. 06, 2011  1:50 AM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: Are these tourneys held by the store or WBO members?
If they are Toys 'R' Us tournaments, then they are held by the store, even though they remember about it at the last minute in a few cases ...
(Jun. 13, 2010  2:08 AM)Corey Wrote: Were there any giveaways or anything like that?
The one I went to had prizes. I got Earth Eagle, Rock Orso, and L-drago Stadium
um could people run tornaments at there own house i want to fight, fight, and fight aagain and im sick of toys r us they dont they just do it why not hav people in the USA run tornements at some local place in the USA because i see videos of bladers having fun in tornements in canada while im suck in kansas in fact i know im not the only blader here who needs some tornaments im a great blader i got 2 friends who are also great and need some tornaments please think about the bladers here and get some real tornaments here
(Jan. 06, 2011  2:45 AM)earthareis531 Wrote: um could people run tornaments at there own house i want to fight, fight, and fight aagain and im sick of toys r us they dont they just do it why not hav people in the USA run tornements at some local place in the USA because i see videos of bladers having fun in tornements in canada while im suck in kansas in fact i know im not the only blader here who needs some tornaments im a great blader i got 2 friends who are also great and need some tornaments please think about the bladers here and get some real tornaments here
Yo, this is what this whole site/organisation is for ...
oh well um ok sorry hehe
I was at the tournamnet! I won 3 beys! Let's see...

1.Storm Aquario 100 HF
2.Rock Aquario 125 SF
3.Storm Pegasus 105 RF