[Toronto, Ontario, Canada] General Tournament Interest Seeking

Roundhouse Park is the best idea, imo, because of the hype from Fan Expo! As long as the group stays visible (maybe nearer to the side with the trains, shade/cloud permitting?) I'm sure we'll have people from the con checking out what we're up to -- especially if they see Beyblades at the Hasbro booth.

I'd love to promote the tournament on social beforehand to potentially garner some interest from FE congoers!
@[Lani], @[Mitsu], @[cadney], @[1234beyblade], @[JesseObre], @[LMAO], @[Technik], @[verycarefully], @[✱], @[Thokami], @[Hato], @[Wally.web], @[lord Wolfblade], @[Minion], @[{YT}EnderBlader], @[pyrus10000], @[OldSchool™], @[Sukoshi Kasai]

Cool, so yeah we're gonna do it there! Downtown at Roundhouse Park on Sunday, September 4th. I'll be hosting. I will try to get the thread posted soon!
@[Kei] What format is going to be at the tournament?
(Aug. 26, 2016  3:41 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: @[Kei] What format is going to be at the tournament?

Burst Format. Considering Hasbro is going to be at Fan Expo across the street with Beyblade Burst, it seems the only appropriate choice this time!
I wonder if Burst will really be there. You might be the first people to get your hands on it if so.
(Aug. 26, 2016  3:46 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2016  3:41 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: @[Kei] What format is going to be at the tournament?

Burst Format. Considering Hasbro is going to be at Fan Expo across the street with Beyblade Burst, it seems the only appropriate choice this time!

Oh also I'm going to be at Fan Expo on Friday so I'll try and get some footage or pictures of any Beyblade products I see
(Aug. 26, 2016  3:46 AM)Kei Wrote:

I may be able to attend. Not sure what my schedule will be like. Ill definitely be looking forward to seeing the burst selection from hasbro! Still haven't found mine anywhere! Unhappy
(Aug. 26, 2016  3:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I wonder if Burst will really be there. You might be the first people to get your hands on it if so.

Worst case scenario, I'm sure the people running their booth or whatever would have something to say about it if they don't. And it might be a good opportunity to begin a relationship with them if someone there is working on the brand.
Bring your cards! Haha
Hey @[Mitsu], @[1234beyblade], @[JesseObre], @[LMAO], and @[cadney], I've talked to some of you about this already but moving forward I'd like to try something a little bit different for the planning of our events in Toronto.

Currently we basically decide the next event after one event has ended, typically with a two week or less period between each event. This is OK, but I've realized that there is a number of users like @[✱], @[Beyonomics], and @[Lani] who would benefit from greater notice as to when our tournaments will be taking place because of their unfixed/busy schedules that involve working on weekends for some of them.

I'd like to propose that we try this:

1. Planning one event per month for the next three months right now.
2. Adding secondary or tertiary events within any given month as the dates get closer. These events will be shorter notice and more spur of the moment.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? If so, would any of you like to volunteer to host in September, October, and November? Ideally we would have a different host each time.
I can take any of those months xd and yeah i agree with the method.
Totally fine with 1 per month, but not 100% bout hosting but always here to help
I would be free to host a Burst tournament on October 1st! I would like to host alongside someone more experienced, though, if that's okay? Since this would be my first time ever hosting! Cute
(Sep. 07, 2016  5:26 AM)cadney Wrote: I would be free to host a Burst tournament on October 1st! I would like to host alongside someone more experienced, though, if that's okay? Since this would be my first time ever hosting! Cute

Great! Since that's pretty much September, let's just count that as our first event that's planned in advance for September. I'd be happy to help you with it. Smile

@[1234beyblade], @[Mitsu], @[LMAO], could any of you guys pick a date to host an event for the end of October and then one for some time in September (since I assume we want to take advantage of the decent weather we have left and have one more this month). Maybe Saturday, September 24th? I will host on Saturday, November 12th.

Once we've finalized all of these dates, we can get the threads for the next two events post and try to always have two posted at once. Of course, we'll also notify everyone else in Toronto of the complete schedule in advance within this thread once it has been finalized as well.
I'm cool with hosting on the 24th! Does a Burst event at High Park sound good to everyone?
Okay, so we have Sept 24th and Nov 12th? How about I host on October 15th/22nd
September 24th I'm getting my food handler certificate haha.

(whichmeansillbemissinganothertournament)
(Sep. 09, 2016  2:55 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Okay, so we have Sept 24th and Nov 12th? How about I host on October 15th/22nd

And October 1st. October 15th for your event sounds good. Can you confirm you're good for that @[1234beyblade]?
Woah, hey key, welcome to EBfirmation.
Would you guys be cool if I hosted my event on Sunday the 25th rather than Saturday the 24th? I just found out I have family coming in from out of town and wouldn't be able to host otherwise.

@[Kei] @[JesseObre] @[LMAO] @[Hato] @[Technik] @[Thokami] @[Lani] @[cadney] @[Sukoshi Kasai] @[✱] @[Beyonomics] @[1234beyblade] @[pyrus10000]
As trash as Sundays are, I still wouldn't mind it.
(Sep. 10, 2016  3:53 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Would you guys be cool if I hosted my event on Sunday the 25th rather than Saturday the 24th? I just found out I have family coming in from out of town and wouldn't be able to host otherwise.

@[Kei] @[JesseObre] @[LMAO] @[Hato] @[Technik] @[Thokami] @[Lani] @[cadney] @[Sukoshi Kasai] @[✱] @[Beyonomics] @[1234beyblade] @[pyrus10000]

I dunno Uncertain Saturdays usually work better for me. But i could still potentially make it out on the 25th Uncertain
Either day works for me ATM since I don't really know what I'll be doing, haha.

Also; I didn't get a PM notification @[Mitsu]...
25th is good for me. So, this is what our entire upcoming schedule looks like right now then!

Upcoming Toronto Tournament Schedule
Sunday, September 25th (Host: Mitsu)
Saturday, October 1st (Host: cadney)
Saturday, October 15th (Host: 1234beyblade)
Saturday, November 12th (Host: Kei)

Please stay tuned for official threads for the September 25th and October 1st events!

@[JesseObre] @[LMAO] @[Hato] @[Technik] @[Thokami] @[Lani] @[cadney] @[Sukoshi Kasai] @[✱] @[Beyonomics] @[1234beyblade] @[pyrus10000] @[ali12345456], @[Khel], @[{YT}EnderBlader], @[MDK Shady], @[lord Wolfblade], @[Wally.web], @[OldSchool™]
I'll gladly finish off the year with a December event! Smile