[Toronto, Ontario, 7/17/16] HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: wfFdjbX.png]
SUNDAY, JULY 17, 11:00AM (Standard) & 2:30PM (Burst)
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
STANDARD (MFB) & BURST FORMAT
Universal Rules | Burst Format Rules

World Bladers, join us on July 17th at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the eighth edition of the WBO's longest running Tournament series: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN! We will be starting the day at 11AM with the format that started it all back in 2009: Standard (Metal Fight Beyblade/Beyblade: Metal Fusion) Format and then jumping into the present with another exciting Burst Format event at 2:30PM! There will of course also be Faces, Credits, and BeyPoints up for grabs at these events as well!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $20 CDN–which will grant you entry into all WBO events for an entire year, among other benefits–or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and is set to launch in North America in 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Don't have any Beyblades from the new series? No problem! It's likely that people will have some on hand for sale, and if not, we would be glad to lend one to you for the duration of the event!

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Instagram

Spread the word!
#HPT #WORLDBEYBLADE #BEYBLADE

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 8, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Mitsu
1234beyblade
LMAO
U wot m8
Lani (Burst Format)
Lani's Friend (Burst Format)
hades888 (Standard Format)

BLASTERJOKER
Thokami
Technik
pyrus10000 (Burst Format)
lord Wolfblade
naru_blader
icewolf888 (Standard Format)

Possible Attendees:
Hato
cadney
Classik
Emerl331
thundervolt57
{YT}EnderBlader
Beyonomics (Burst Format)
ICEICE

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 05, 2016  8:19 AM)Technik Wrote: Oh I'm coming for Burst but I might be there earlier for the sale. I'm pretty sure Thokami said he's coming for burst because he wants to show off his new destructive skills/beys. But I can't speak for him. See ya'll there.

yaya. I'm coming for burst too~
(Jul. 06, 2016  2:17 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote: Working that day ~_~ you guys have fun. I miss you guys >_<

Ah, that's too bad! Seems like you've missed a lot of our events lately. Unhappy
Sign me up ladies and gents cause i'my back again!!!!
I need a launcher because some one else is coming.any one mind lending me one? Also do you have to bring your own stadium.

what is the prize
(Jul. 07, 2016  12:11 PM)BLASTERJOKER Wrote: Sign me up ladies and gents cause i'my back again!!!!

Ah, awesome!

(Jul. 07, 2016  4:18 PM)hades888 Wrote: I need a launcher because some one else is coming.any one mind lending me one? Also do you have to bring your own stadium.

what is the prize

Someone will definitely be able to lend you a launcher if you or your friend need one. And no, it's okay! However, feel free to bring yours if you'd like.

There probably won't be any prizes for the Standard event, but I should have a couple Burst items for the Burst Format event.

And speaking of stadiums, can I get confirmation from whoever can bring BB-10s/Burst Attack Type Stadiums? @[LMAO], @[Mitsu], @[1234beyblade]? Or anyone else who has either of those stadiums?
I could definitely bring 1 of each stadium. Smile
I might participate in burst, when do you sell burst beyblades?
(Jul. 08, 2016  4:52 PM)hades888 Wrote: I might participate in burst, when do you sell burst beyblades?

He does a first come first serve basis so if you want to get anything , you might as well be there early to get this stuff.

Also I will only be participating for the burst format. I can definitely judge some games for the MFB format.
(Jul. 07, 2016  9:41 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I could definitely bring 1 of each stadium. Smile

Thanks! If anybody else could bring one of each or one of the two, that would be great. Please let me know.

(Jul. 08, 2016  4:52 PM)hades888 Wrote: I might participate in burst, when do you sell burst beyblades?

I'll sell them as soon as I arrive at 11AM. Like BLASTERJOKER said it is first come, first served, but if you don't have any Burst at all, I'd be happy to give you priority!
I have a (Sono-Kong) BB-10, and a Burst stadium. I'll see if I can bring them Smile
(Jul. 09, 2016  2:13 AM)Hato Wrote: I have a (Sono-Kong) BB-10, and a Burst stadium. I'll see if I can bring them Smile

I think there's problems with the Tornado Ridge on the Sono-Kong BB-10s? If you could bring a Burst Attack Stadium, that would be great.
I'll see if I can make it down there, so put me on that possible list if you please
I'm going to be bringing a friend for the Burst tournament as well, I'll get him to make an account before Sunday! Smile
Getting my combos ready for Standard Format right now ... can't believe it's been almost a year since our last Standard event.

(Jul. 10, 2016  10:46 AM)Lani Wrote: I'm going to be bringing a friend for the Burst tournament as well, I'll get him to make an account before Sunday! Smile

Awesome!
I should come like 3 hours early so I could play pokemon go Kappa
possible please
Technik and me will be there for the Burst tournament.CuteCuteCute
Please mark me down as possible for the Burst event. Thanks!
Does anybody think they could lend me some combos and a launcher?
LMAO win this for me buddy!
Had six X2's shipped very early yesterday via EMS ... hoping they make it in time for this event by some miracle haha. Had to wait until Monday to see if Canada Post would actually be going on strike or not. If they're not here in time, I'll have them for our Plastics/Burst event on July 23rd.

(Jul. 13, 2016  1:52 AM)Classik Wrote: Does anybody think they could lend me some combos and a launcher?

You never have to worry about that; of course someone will. Smile
Ah, I have school on this day sadly, Unhappy

I won't be able to attend the Standard Format tournament but I will definitely be able to get there on time for the Burst Tournament!
EDIT:

nevermind, I am in fact able to attend this tournament. probably in its entirety
(Jul. 07, 2016  9:41 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I could definitely bring 1 of each stadium. Smile

Hey @[Mitsu], @[1234beyblade] is going to bring a bunch of his Burst stadiums so no need to bring yours! Do you have more than one BB-10?
I'll be there! i just moved to Toronto from Kenya so this is my first WBO tournament!