[Toronto, Ontario, 10/18/15] ZANKYE 100K: Beyblade Burst Tournament & Celebration

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: XpjOsYQ.png]
ZANKYE 100K
Beyblade Burst Tournament & Celebration

Sponsored by Zankye

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 12PM
Side Event: 11:30AM + After Tournament
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BURST FORMAT

In just four short years, Zankye has become one of Youtube's most popular channels for Beyblade. His dedication to producing new content, travelling across the globe to meet fellow Bladers, giving away hundreds of Beyblades to his fans, and affiliating with the WBO has helped to earn him a loyal following that will soon be reaching over 100,000 subscribers around the world!

World Bladers, join us on October 11th at High Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to celebrate this impressive milestone with Zankye himself! This will also likely be the first ever ranked Burst Format event, so the competition is sure to be fierce! And the prizes, sponsored by Zankye might just be even better.

Beyblade Burst Prizes: Sponsored by Zankye!
As a part of the celebrations, Zankye has graciously offered to donate several prizes for the winners of the event! Prizes include, but may not be limited to:

Tournament Prizes
  • WBBA Gold Light Launcher
  • WBBA Silver Light Launcher
  • WBBA Bronze Light Launcher
  • B-09 BeyStadium Standard Type x2
  • B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel
  • B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive
  • B-07 Booster Kerbeus Wing Fusion
  • B-16 BeyLauncher
  • BB-28 Storm Pegasus 105RF
  • BB-30 Rock Leone 145WB
  • BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS

In addition to this, there will of course also be Faces, Credits, and BeyPoints available at this event!

Side Event: Beyblade Burst vs. All Generations
There's more than one way to win! In addition to the tournament itself, we will also be hosting a special side event: Beyblade Burst vs. All Generations! How will it work?

1st Stage: vs. ~mystery Blader~ using Old Generations
The first stage of this side event will task Bladers with using a Beyblade Burst customization to defeat a ~mystery Beyblade~ wielded by ~mystery Blader~ from each previous generation of Beyblade: Plastics, HMS, and MFB. If the Blader can defeat all three Beyblades consecutively in single rounds, they move on to the second and final stage.

2nd Stage: vs. Zankye using Beyblade Burst
In the second stage, Bladers will be put up against Zankye wielding a Beyblade Burst customization. If the Blader who makes it this far can defeat Zankye in a best 3/5 BeyBattle, they will win a Beyblade Burst prize!

All battles will take place in the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type.

Side Event Prizes
  • B-03 Starter Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
  • B-11 Launcher Grip
  • B-12 Starter DeathSizer Oval Accel
  • B-16 BeyLauncher
  • BB-43 Lightning L Drago 100HF
  • BB-59 Burn Fireblaze 135MS
  • BB-70 Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
  • BB-104 Twisted Tempo 145WD x2
  • BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

Participants Random Giveaway
It doesn't end there! All participants will also be entered into a draw for the following prizes. There will be four winners:
  • B-05 Booster Spriggan Heavy Defence
  • B-06 Booster Ragnaruk Central Accel
  • BB-70 Galaxy Pegasus W105R2F
  • BB-88 Meteo L Drago LW105LF

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to Zankye on Youtube!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Zankye

Spread the word!
#ZANKYE100K #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to ZANKYE 100K, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
originalzankye
LMAO
1234beyblade
U wot m8
Bey Brad
Wally.web
Hato
Doginmylense
Voldie
Mitsu
Suntailhawk
Wetsnot
Drysnot
BlasterJoker
BeybladeA135
beybladeO135
Beyonomics

Possible Attendees:
UltimateOrion
DJ ALPHA
BBunleashed101
JesseObre
Classik
pyrus10000
Kijiji blader #1
Kijiji blader #2
DUO URANUS 7
GODJESUS
BAWB18
xleone

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Good luck to everyone
Leaving in about 10 minutes!

(Oct. 18, 2015  3:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Confirm @[Spinster]!

Yesssssssssss
Good luck to everyone today, I am sure it will be super fun, and congratulations to both Zankye and Toronto for their milestones !
On my way. See you guys in a few. :D
On my way! Left about 20 minutes ago. See ya guys soon and hopefully it's not to cold and the rain will not hit us! ;~;

Also, Zankye is sooo close to 100K... Smith
I know this is a little late, but good luck to everybody today and congrats to Zankye and Toronto for their milestones! I wish i could have went. If this was posted a month or two earlier i could have went.
So, the placers for the event:
First: 1234beyblade
Second: LMAO
Third: Kei

Was extremely fun, and the giveaways were great. I won a Beylogger and Twisted Tempo, and because of the Beylogger QR points, I had enough for Rare Bey Get Battle and won Amaterios, and was great because we were all freaking out Grin

Probably the best part of this was 1234beyblade giving his stadium he won to Cadney, one of Brad's friends. Great seeing members helping other members out.. Smile

Thanks for everything Zankye and Zankye's father for the prizes, pizza and great day.
Combos?
Wyvern/Deathscyther Heavy/ Spread Accel/Survive, Valkryie Spread Survive/Accel.
THe results are in...
1st:1234beyblade
2nd:LMAO
3rd:Kei
4th:tie between Mitsu and BlasterJoker

Today was definately fun because yes I did get some blades and it was great to play test them on the fly but to see that we got 22 attendees!! It was a great to see all of you again which is making me debate about leaving or not. I'm a little bumbed that I lost my title as burst champion in canada but I will always be the OG Burst champion before anyone else. I give huge congrats to the places especally 1234beyblade for taking 1st place. Congrats to LMAO for placing 2nd in this tournament. Are battle was a close one. Congrats to kei for taking 3rd again.our game ended up giving me "goosebumbs" haha. I still had times where I was getting goosebumps like my battle with beyonomics X2. That was a close battle. Thanks for another great tournament kei and thanks for everyone who made it to the tournament today. I will keep you guys updated and see if I won't quit till June but you will never know until then. If I do, don't be sad, it's just a hiatus off of beyblading.
I had a super fun time today! A 7-4 record overall and tied for fourth place with BlasterJoker. Pulled a Spriggan Central Accel as well as a Valkyrie Central Fusion from Random Boosters and also received my Wyvern (expect some tests on Armed real soon!) and BeyLauncher from LMAO.

It was so nice seeing you all again. Was really cool to meet Spinster! The guy's sick yo.

What I found most interesting today was the use of Valkyrie Spread/Heavy Survive. I believe @[Kei] and @[1234beyblade] were the ones to use them. How did they do for you two?

My perspective definitely changed on Survive in Defense too. I was initially pretty unsure about adding it to my what to buy to be successful in Burst list, but that could of easily been because of experience with Kerbeus Heavy Survive, which is more of a Stamina/Defense hybrid. I used Wyvern Heavy Survive quite a bit today and had some success with it as I did Wyvern Heavy Accel.

I took around 100 photos today and will be picking the best of them to upload to the WBO's Facebook. Pretty tired right now, but I'll definitely be uploading them sometime tomorrow.

Today really made me realize that you guys are the best friends one can ever have. Thank you all for being by my side throughout these past three years. If you all didn't already realize it, in Toronto, we have a pretty amazing Beyblade community and a great group of Bladers. Happy 100th and major thanks to Zankye and his father for making this event possible and not to mention supply some pretty great stuff too! Smile

[Image: konata.png]
Had a great time as always today Smile

Went 5-1 in my block, then 4-2 in the finals, all my losses coming from 1234beyblade haha. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which was great. I loved the final match with everyone watching and Brad's epic music in the background, it was intense! Finally got my hands on Claw. Going to do a bunch of testing on that lol. A huge thanks to Zankye for everything he did for us at this tournament (Pizza, Drinks, Prizes) it was extremely generous of him. Thank you all for coming out to the tournament, it means a lot since there was a point where the Toronto community was on the verge of dying out, but with your support it's been alive! The prizes were the following for 1st, 2nd, 3rd:

1st place - 1234beyblade:

B-09 Beystadium (He gave it away to Cadney very generously, nice job man! )
Gold Launcher Grip
Gold 1st place launcher
Red String Launcher
Valkyrie DX Set
Burn Fireblaze

2nd place - LMAO:

B-09 Beystadium
Wyvern Armed Massive
Rock Leone (Gave it away Smile )
Silver 2nd place launcher

3rd place - Kei:

Galaxy or Storm Pegasus?
Bronze 3rd Place launcher
Ragnaruk Central Fusion (or Kerbeus? idk lol)

Tons of things were given away throughout the whole tournament as well, including Legends, Starters, Boosters and tons of other cool things! Thanks a lot Zankye, and hope you get the 100K soon! This event was definitely in my top 5's even though I was sick Smile

oh yeah @[Kei] Yggalkhslakjslkas and Wild Wysldkjslkdjsakjhd.
(Oct. 19, 2015  1:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Today really made me realize that you guys are the best friends one can ever have. Thank you all for being by my side throughout these past three years. If you all didn't already realize it, in Toronto, we have a pretty amazing Beyblade community and a great group of Bladers. Happy 100th and major thanks to Zankye and his father for making this event possible and not to mention supply some pretty great stuff too! Smile

thx bb ily 2 <3

Anyways today was so great, the weather sucked like crazy though, (Scott couldn't stop shaking when writing results lol). Thank you Zankye so much, I appreciate it a lot! Congratulations on the almost 100K! Maybe next year it'll be Zankye 1Mill! Congratulations to the placers especially except for lamo, he sux and hes nut good at blaybade. Hoobert is so OP, but it was nice of him to giveaway the stadium to Cadney! Hope you guys all had a great time, until next time!

bai
We had a blast today. Meet lots of strong beybladers and nice people !! What a great event. Can't believe you guys have so much knowledge in Beyblade ! A big thanks to Zankye for the sponsorship Smile
(Oct. 19, 2015  2:09 AM)beybladeO135 Wrote: We had a blast today. Meet lots of strong beybladers and nice people !! What a great event. Can't believe you guys have so much knowledge in Beyblade ! A big thanks to Zankye for the sponsorship Smile

Really hope to see you guys again! Your spirit was contagious haha! Make sure to come out to the event on the 15th of November, it's going to be a Burst one! Smile
Congrats to everybody, especially the winners! Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm jealous! Somebody has got to practice up and start beating 1234Beyblade! He is on fire!
[Image: UPtN6hK.jpg]

Hey everyone! What a great event today. For the Toronto WBO community to feel this strong after seven years is astounding; in fact, after the past several tournaments, it's starting to feel as strong as it ever has been in the past. This is due in part to each and everyone of you contributing to the positive atmosphere of inclusion and pure fun. It's amazing how well we all get along.

My thanks also go out to JesseObre and LMAO for running the two blocks other than mine, everyone who judged, @[Spinster] for being Spinster, @[Minion] for providing a pleasant surprise by popping up out of nowhere today due to my Facebook post last night, @[Beyonomics] for agreeing with me that it's ridiculous that MLB ballparks have different dimensions across the league, and most of all, @[originalzankye] for going the extra mile to make this event even more phenomenal with the pizza, drinks, and incredibly generous amount of prize support!

Thanks for posting that video from the side event so quickly as well, Zankye! It was fun hearing everyone's commentary in the background haha.

It also features the only time in recorded history where someone (@[1234beyblade]) has stated "Yo, that thing's gonna wreck!" in reference to an uncustomized Slash Riger MS.

Photos

(Oct. 19, 2015  1:19 AM)BlasterJoker Wrote: Thanks for another great tournament kei and thanks for everyone who made it to the tournament today. I will keep you guys updated and see if I won't quit till June but you will never know until then. If I do, don't be sad, it's just a hiatus off of beyblading.

You can't quit! Beyblade Burst is just getting started, and it won't be the same without you! You have lots of time to regain your title too. Smile

(Oct. 19, 2015  1:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: What I found most interesting today was the use of Valkyrie Spread/Heavy Survive. I believe @[Kei] and @[1234beyblade] were the ones to use them. How did they do for you two?

Brad was actually the one who had the original idea I believe, but pretty much everyone used it today eventually. @[cadney] went 6-0 in my block with it! I think it was so successful today due in part to the fact that it was a weirdly effective concept that everyone was trying to figure out how to properly counter on the fly. But even despite that, it's quite a good combo, especially for countering Deathscyther Spread Survive in an easy-to-use way.

(Oct. 19, 2015  1:51 AM)LMAO Wrote: oh yeah @[Kei] Yggalkhslakjslkas and Wild Wysldkjslkdjsakjhd.

yeah awsosdmnnwwflksddfhrelses

(Oct. 19, 2015  2:09 AM)beybladeO135 Wrote: We had a blast today. Meet lots of strong beybladers and nice people !! What a great event. Can't believe you guys have so much knowledge in Beyblade ! A big thanks to Zankye for the sponsorship Smile

Glad to hear you and your son had such a great time today! Looking forward to seeing you at future events. Smile Stay tuned to this forum for new information about our upcoming tournaments. Also, if you sign up on our map, you will receive PM notifications whenever a new tournament is announced on your account.

(Oct. 19, 2015  2:52 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Somebody has got to practice up and start beating 1234Beyblade! He is on fire!

I actually handed him his only loss of the day in the finals, but it could have gone either way and in all honesty, I probably should have lost. He's simply on another level from everyone else with that launch of his. He makes Accel move two times as fast as anyone else I've seen (and a legally worn Survive stall around the ridge like an Accel). And while that can cause some issues with self-KOing from time to time, the effect that has on his ability to use combos that probably wouldn't work for others as effectively (like Deathscyther Spread Accel) makes it very, very difficult to counter.

Upcoming October & November Events
With all of that said, everyone please look forward to our next two tournaments on Saturday, October 31st, and Sunday, November 15th! Both at High Park. Threads for both of these events will be posted soon.
Today was awesome, I'm so glad I came out. It was so much fun to play with all of you Smile I'm really interested in Burst now haha, hopefully I'll see everyone again soon.
I can not believe I missed this Speechless
GAH! Living in Japan is a blessing and a frickin curse!! Japan events are never that cool and I don't know any social groups for beyblade!!! Don't even know how to find them!
Would be so awesome if there was a WBO presence in Japan.
Currently it's only me and OkinawamTS, who lives a million miles away... Unhappy
Obviously I had a blast at this tourney! I loved talking with everyone that tournament it really did seem like there was a lot to discuss which was amazing! The beybattles were intense, even with my strong launch it still came very close in some rounds. This was definitely the craziest event ever, pizza, huge prizes, and drinks! It is very slef descriptive haha pizza itself just describes awesome! Thanks for all of this zankye, it really does mean a lot to us (im sure i can speak for everyone when i say that haha). This tourney was so crazy that i ended up losing my voice like 1/3rd into the tourney XD.

Combo wise; the Valkyrie Spread Survive i only used once because i've seen blasterjoker use Deathscyther a lot. I personally think that's the only time you want to use Valkyrie Soread Survive, when you know your opponent will most likely go for a deathscyther combo. It's a very risky combo simply because it's so unpredictable (random bursts right at the end of a battle for either opponent or yourself). Obviously Deathscyther Spread Accel is the combo i would go for simply because if it's going up against attack it can push attach the opponent or simply out stamina it because deathscyther has crazy stamina, if it's stamina or defense it could have some trouble, but from testing i couldnt OS Deathscyther Spread Survive consitently, but either of those can burst, so overall it's a luck vattle between DSA and DSS. It should have no problem OSing Wyvern though.

I'll end it with a quote "We really don't know anything about burst" Bey Brad.
Funny thing is that the combo I had from the last tournament is in the random booster set
This was my favourite tournament by far, Thanks Zankye and the WBO for (and everyone else) such a great tournament

I think the highlight was connecting with Bey Brad and Spinster, They also signed my poster which was awesome! Thanks guys!

Although I did end up in the hospital for a while due to my blood freezing it was fun Wink

But yeah! Thanks guys!
There's a lot I have to say about how the battles unfolded at this tournament, but I'll keep that for later in the week when I have time to write a real tournament report.

I talked a little bit about this lately, but the WBO's lineage can be traced back all the way back to Beyblade Grand Battle Tournament at Anime North 2004. Ever since then, the Anime North events have been yearly highlights, and Toronto has served as one of the unshakeable pillars of the Beyblade community.

Yesterday's event was beyond anything I've ever experienced. It was cold, and I didn't do particularly well, but the atmosphere was so intensely positive and everyone was so supportive. I especially appreciate the sense of mentorship so many of you displayed towards new players.

You guys are my heroes, and an example of how the WBO reaches so far beyond being a competitive gaming community. It's a source for real good and a meaningful presence in the lives of so many people. It's because of events like this that I can look back on all the time spent on the WBO — in its various incarnations — with no sense of regret.

I also feel extremely grateful for all of the hard work that @[Kei] himself has put into growing this community and keeping it active. It's possible that this "unshakeable pillar" would not even be here today were it not for him.

I also want to give a public shout-out to @[1234beyblade] who showed my friend Stephanie (@[cadney]) immense support, coached her through her matches, and even gave his BeyStadium prize to her. If there was any doubt that she would become a real Blader, it was eliminated by the real care you (and everyone else) showed. And it's positivity like this that will keep the community growing, and spread the love for Beyblade.

Finally, @[originalzankye] and his family are absolutely to thank for so much of the fun at this tournament. Their generosity with prizes was immense (as you might expect from them), and I've never been as happy to eat pizza as I was starving in 5 degree weather. Pretty bummed I didn't get to play against Zankye! Looking forward to seeing all of the footage, too!

I guess I just wanna say thanks to all of you, and I'm glad we all know each other. Smile

[Image: YlTcYrQ.jpg]