The Tower Falls: 230 Taken Down By 85 Consistently

what needs to happen is that a user such as Fyuoor Kei or Blitz uses 230 with their launch style against Bluezee using 85 with his launch style and see what happens, or someone who can replicate his launch.
I don't think it's anything to do with the way with he launches either. That strong launch thing happens only when he doesn't use a grip.
Alright guys I’ve been able to replicate to some degree the results that Blueezee has been posting. In my previous testings which showed 230 recording a 100% win rate over 85 both combinations were launched with Straight Shots directly over the centre of the stadium. I’ve been watching Blueezee’s video and noticed that Bluezee would shoot both combinations with an extremely aggressive Sliding Shot which is fine for the 85 combo though using that particular launch technique is disadvantages to the 230 combo as it’s centre of gravity has already been shifted and disturbed which is one way of defeating a 230 combo. It must be noted that I’ve tried recreating Bluezee’s launch style in which he could dictate a WD’s movement speed to be similar of an Attack Beyblade and have been unable to do so yet, though this lends me to how I was able to achieve similar results.

I performed 2 sets of tests with alternating launches with each set of tests using a different launch style. In the first I performed alternating straight shots for both combinations whilst switching all the crucial components half way through testing in order to exclude variables.

Earth Bull 230WD VS Earth Bull 85WD
Earth Bull 230WD: 10 Wins (10 OS)
Earth Bull 85WD: 0 Wins
230 win rate: 100%

While for the second set I performed a Sliding Shot for the 85 combo while performing a Straight Shot for the 230 combo whilst still incorporating alternating launches whilst continuing to switch parts half way through testing.

Earth Bull 230WD: 5 Wins (5 OS)
Earth Bull 85WD: 5 Wins (5 OS)
230 win rate: 50%

It seemed since I launched the 85 combo with a Sliding Shot that it sort of ‘hugged’ the Tornado Ridge through out most of the match before slowly proceeding to the centre of the stadium, once 85 reached the centre of the arena each combination would battle as usual but it would seem as though the time 85 spent ‘hugging’ the Tornado Ridge 230 was unable to use it’s opponents attacks to stabilize itself. As an 85 combo is able to out spin a 230 combo in solo spin tests the 85 natural stamina helped it win the match by avoiding the 230 long enough before making actual contact, by that stage 230 would have lost enough stamina for 85 to defeat it.

I’d be every interested in whether or not other members can replicate these results. It should be noted that in my testings 85 was only able to defeat 230 when the 230 combo was launched first.
(Jan. 27, 2011  1:39 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Alright guys I’ve been able to replicate to some degree the results that Blueezee has been posting. In my previous testings which showed 230 recording a 100% win rate over 85 both combinations were launched with Straight Shots directly over the centre of the stadium. I’ve been watching Blueezee’s video and noticed that Bluezee would shoot both combinations with an extremely aggressive Sliding Shot which is fine for the 85 combo though using that particular launch technique is disadvantages to the 230 combo as it’s centre of gravity has already been shifted and disturbed which is one way of defeating a 230 combo. It must be noted that I’ve tried recreating Bluezee’s launch style in which he could dictate a WD’s movement speed to be similar of an Attack Beyblade and have been unable to do so yet, though this lends me to how I was able to achieve similar results.

I performed 2 sets of tests with alternating launches with each set of tests using a different launch style. In the first I performed alternating straight shots for both combinations whilst switching all the crucial components half way through testing in order to exclude variables.

230 win rate: 100%

While for the second set I performed a Sliding Shot for the 85 combo while performing a Straight Shot for the 230 combo whilst still incorporating alternating launches whilst continuing to switch parts half way through testing.

Earth Bull 230WD: 5 Wins (5 OS)
Earth Bull 85WD: 5 Wins (5 OS)
230 win rate: 50%

It seemed since I launched the 85 combo with a Sliding Shot that it sort of ‘hugged’ the Tornado Ridge through out most of the match before slowly proceeding to the centre of the stadium, once 85 reached the centre of the arena each combination would battle as usual but it would seem as though the time 85 spent ‘hugging’ the Tornado Ridge 230 was unable to use it’s opponents attacks to stabilize itself. As an 85 combo is able to out spin a 230 combo in solo spin tests the 85 natural stamina helped it win the match by avoiding the 230 long enough before making actual contact, by that stage 230 would have lost enough stamina for 85 to defeat it.

I’d be every interested in whether or not other members can replicate these results. It should be noted that in my testings 85 was only able to defeat 230 when the 230 combo was launched first.

Thank you for also testing this. I see others are going to actually have to test this now. I think the way I launch might actually be a way to take down certain things. Im not sure but its just a guess.
But he heived a 100% WR because e sed a hasbro uario + Face on he 85 combo?
(Jan. 27, 2011  1:53 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Thank you for also testing this. I see others are going to actually have to test this now. I think the way I launch might actually be a way to take down certain things. Im not sure but its just a guess.

Your launching of the 230 combo might also have affected the results, both beys in a test don't need to be launched the same way, it's probably more importantly to launch them in their "best" fashions.

IE: Sliding Shoot for MF Lightning L DragoCH120RF
Why not spell properly, that way we can understand what you say?
Wut!? I think CW's had little to do with it.
(Jan. 27, 2011  1:57 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  1:53 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Thank you for also testing this. I see others are going to actually have to test this now. I think the way I launch might actually be a way to take down certain things. Im not sure but its just a guess.

Your launching of the 230 combo might also have affected the results, both beys in a test don't need to be launched the same way, it's probably more importantly to launch them in their "best" fashions.

IE: Sliding Shoot for MF Lightning L DragoCH120RF

So should I re-test shooting 230 as I see it normally used and 85WD my own way? It will restrict my pull strength to adjust to the 230 but I can do it if necessary.
Bluezee, make another test with you just launching both combos with a straight shot. IKMV too, with a BeyLauncher.
and also try shooting 230 normal and 85 with your normal shot
(Jan. 27, 2011  2:04 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Bluezee, make another test with you just launching both combos with a straight shot. IKMV too, with a BeyLauncher.

I will have to weaken my launch but I will try.
(Jan. 27, 2011  2:05 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: and also try shooting 230 normal and 85 with your normal shot

I will do this as well.

That's alright. If there are results that indicate that there may have been some unknown shift in results it needs to be checked out.

Though I redid the tests with a fresh WD on each combination just in case there was still a variable and unfortunately the results are different once again.

First set; Straight Shots used for both combinations:

Earth Bull 230 VS Earth Bull 85WD
230 Win Rate: 100%

Second Set; Straight Shot used for 230 combo while Sliding Shot used for 85.

Earth Bull 230 VS Earth Bull 85WD
230 Win Rate: 100%
Why would you have to weaken your launch?
I have to agree with the fact that a launch could change the results.Im probably late to say this but the video titles for bluezees videos are kinda confusing.85 can beat 230 sometimes yes,but does that mean that 230 is bad?No.Im sorry if that last statement doesnt even matter now but I couldnt bring myself to not bring it up.Once my Mercury Anubis comes im willing to do tests.But I was wondering, have enough tests been done, or should I test anyway?
Im not trying to bash anyone in this post.
(Jan. 27, 2011  2:19 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Why would you have to weaken your launch?

I can not exactly launch with the same power when I launch "normally". I have been doing this since the plastic generation beys.
OK. Considering people wanted me to test certain ways, I made two videos. One with my launch vs. 230 and one with both normal launches. One video cut off early since my camera died but the results will be the same.

My Launch vs. 230: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8jS9hurIY

85 and 230 normal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqU7RW7QluA
(Jan. 27, 2011  3:21 AM)Bluezee Wrote: My Launch vs. 230: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8jS9hurIY

Hmm, interesting.
It seems like a bank shot/Sorta sliding shoot to me. The rattling noise, or whatever it is is from the side of wd? By the side I don't mean the "side" side, I mean the side of the v shape of wd
(Jan. 27, 2011  3:42 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  3:21 AM)Bluezee Wrote: My Launch vs. 230: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8jS9hurIY

Hmm, interesting.
It seems like a bank shot/Sorta sliding shoot to me. The rattling noise, or whatever it is is from the side of wd? By the side I don't mean the "side" side, I mean the side of the v shape of wd

It is the sound of it trying to slow down some. I shoot really hard so it maintains a really high speed for a while but the sound gets lower when it decreases itself from spinning.
Wow... let's sort this out. First of all, why don't we just recognize that bluezee HAS done a LOT of testing in order to show a new concept for the benefit of the entire beyblade community. Second, It's not about what's right and what's wrong. If there are results as contradicting as this, there needs to be variables which are significant. The trick is to find which one's they are. However, Bluezee may I ask you how many WD's you had before acquiring your FLame Byxis?
(Jan. 27, 2011  2:10 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Though I redid the tests with a fresh WD on each combination just in case there was still a variable and unfortunately the results are different once again.

So you're saying that one or both of the WDs used in the 50/50 tests were worn somewhat?
Hmm, but if its just the launch, whats to stop the 230 user from doing the same thing? Lol.

Btw, the "rattling" WD is probably just a loose part.

I couldn't care less.

(Jan. 27, 2011  1:59 AM)Dan Wrote: Why not spell properly, that way we can understand what you say?
Wut!? I think CW's had little to do with it.
Sorry, I was using my phone.

Actually, McFrown told me that Hasbro Faces + CWs = Win! Or at least, thats what I understood.
Because 230 is higher, therefore it reacts differently, and can't make use of the movement hurt the other blade.
o_0 But can't we use a lightly worn WD then? Smug
It's still legal, no?
(Jan. 27, 2011  6:51 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  2:10 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Though I redid the tests with a fresh WD on each combination just in case there was still a variable and unfortunately the results are different once again.

So you're saying that one or both of the WDs used in the 50/50 tests were worn somewhat?

Yes, it seems as though the wear from one of my WD has thrown my results off since the results are completely different in the second lot of testing. I did note that the combo which was launched first in the '50/50' testing was the combination which lost, this trend dissipated once I replaced the worn WD with mint WD's with the 230 combo always winning.
(Jan. 27, 2011  3:45 AM)Bluezee Wrote: It is the sound of it trying to slow down some. I shoot really hard so it maintains a really high speed for a while but the sound gets lower when it decreases itself from spinning.

I think the sound is the outside of the WD scraping the stadium, because I can replicate it :V
Unless you somehow managed to hit the natural frequency of your parts, I don't think that the 'immense speed' would create that noise, there isn't enough friction.
It counts on HOW you shoot it.