The Tower Falls: 230 Taken Down By 85 Consistently

(Jan. 26, 2011  10:11 PM)Kei Wrote: Regarding the fact that ikmv produced the same results with "normal" launches; judging by the video he posted using Light Launcher 2 for both, I would say that his launches generally seemed quite weak. The 230 custom was already wobbling immediately after launch.

When My Laptop is up and running I will try to launch it harder? I know the duotron is by no means trustworthy to most but using that alternating the placements of the blades and the results I got with it are skewed also?
What? Deikailo just does a regular catapault shot, or Gatyakki, or whatever you guys want to call it. I did it like five times straight to one of the finalists of the last NY tournament (before the tournament started.)
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:37 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: What? Deikailo just does a regular catapault shot, or Gatyakki, or whatever you guys want to call it. I did it like five times straight to one of the finalists of the last NY tournament (before the tournament started.)

She hasnt used it on you yet? Next time you see her, ask her what I am talking about. She will show you.
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:10 PM)Anime1Oh1 Wrote: I'm on Bluzee's side. But ppl trust Kei more because he's been here forever and in the Adv forums.
Blitz isn't in Advanced Forums though.
Quote:That shows that ppl that he got more knowledge in beyblade by being in Adv forums.
he was a moderator before he was in Advanced Forums and had as much credibility then as now. Being in Advanced Forums doesn't make you knowledgeable, being knowledgeable gets you into Advanced Forums.

Quote:Once we make discovery. An Adv member always has to be part of it and tell us we're wrong when we got enough proof by vids, test etc.
worng and wrong, you obviously don't have enough proof.
Quote:Sometimes I think the Adv Forums are overrated.
How are they rated at all? Or do you think that people get inducted into Advanced Forums because they're know-nothing globeheads?
Quote:All of of has equal knowledge of beyblade.
what is this i dont even
Quote:To me (IMO) I think the Adv show us we're not smart, and don't write coherent sentences and you know, study more of beyblade when we already have.
This isn't even coherent I couldn't understand it go study more Beyblade.
Quote:Besides McFrown is sometimes a show off when it comes to beyblade customs and stuff. And always picking on the right thing that he think its a fact.
I've never even addressed you nor heard of you ever before, I guess my reputation precedes me. In any case calling me a show off is about as far off base as you can get.

Quote:Adv should be removed or have an Intermedite Forum (similar to Adv but with decent knowledge but not really good like others)
No and no.
Quote:Is Pisecs even a top tier transclulent wheel for stamina? I belive you were usng a different one to avoid Bluzee's test.
LOLOLOLOLOL
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:18 PM)Anime1Oh1 Wrote: Im Blue's lawyer on this thread only.
What are your credentials and when did he elect you speak on his behalf? Never, as far as I recall.

(Jan. 26, 2011  4:29 PM)Bluezee Wrote: What am I supposed to do? Shoot softly?
No, just shoot straight : \

Quote:If Fyuuor said this, I CAN BET MONEY that he wont get all of this drama.
But he didn't.
Kablam
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:15 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:10 PM)Anime1Oh1 Wrote: I'm on Bluzee's side. But ppl trust Kei more because he's been here forever and in the Adv forums.
Blitz isn't in Advanced Forums though.
Quote:That shows that ppl that he got more knowledge in beyblade by being in Adv forums.
he was a moderator before he was in Advanced Forums and had as much credibility then as now. Being in Advanced Forums doesn't make you knowledgeable, being knowledgeable gets you into Advanced Forums.

Quote:Once we make discovery. An Adv member always has to be part of it and tell us we're wrong when we got enough proof by vids, test etc.
worng and wrong, you obviously don't have enough proof.
Quote:Sometimes I think the Adv Forums are overrated.
How are they rated at all? Or do you think that people get inducted into Advanced Forums because they're know-nothing globeheads?
Quote:All of of has equal knowledge of beyblade.
what is this i dont even
Quote:To me (IMO) I think the Adv show us we're not smart, and don't write coherent sentences and you know, study more of beyblade when we already have.
This isn't even coherent I couldn't understand it go study more Beyblade.
Quote:Besides McFrown is sometimes a show off when it comes to beyblade customs and stuff. And always picking on the right thing that he think its a fact.
I've never even addressed you nor heard of you ever before, I guess my reputation precedes me. In any case calling me a show off is about as far off base as you can get.

Quote:Adv should be removed or have an Intermedite Forum (similar to Adv but with decent knowledge but not really good like others)
No and no.
Quote:Is Pisecs even a top tier transclulent wheel for stamina? I belive you were usng a different one to avoid Bluzee's test.
LOLOLOLOLOL
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:18 PM)Anime1Oh1 Wrote: Im Blue's lawyer on this thread only.
What are your credentials and when did he elect you speak on his behalf? Never, as far as I recall.

(Jan. 26, 2011  4:29 PM)Bluezee Wrote: What am I supposed to do? Shoot softly?
No, just shoot straight : \

Quote:If Fyuuor said this, I CAN BET MONEY that he wont get all of this drama.
But he didn't.
Kablam

Your whole "Kablam" comment was stupid. I was speaking hypothetically if you have not noticed or did not comprehend. On top of that, I do shoot straight. There is nothing wrong with my shooting. I have a strong launch.
Don't gloat, you're using a light launcher, there's a limit to the speed you can reach.
I'm not being critical toward any of you, just realistic.
Mc Frown, maybe you should make a list of any and all complaints you have about Blue's testing. So then maybe he can fix it in his testing
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:28 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Don't gloat, you're using a light launcher, there's a limit to the speed you can reach.

LOL WHAT? I was not using a light launcher. I was using a beylauncher. No one is gloating. Stop thinking you know something when you dont and you have not seen anything for yourself.
Well sorry then, I was tired :V
But simple machines aren't capable of limitless force, they have a capacity.

EDIT: And people keep acting like I was a player in this thread when I made like two posts earlier?
Seriously, the animosity isn't necessary.
(Jan. 26, 2011  9:47 PM)Gearfried97 Wrote: honestly, you guys have been fighting all day! please, just give it a rest. Bluezee, i can see why most people are bashing your results. but with reason. most other tests have been the opposite of yours, and they find it hard to to believe it. (but i believe this 100%). Everyone else, please calm down a bit. if you feel that something is wrong, post test results to back your claim. then you have every right to complain.

please
You will not get anywhere with that. I think this arguement could lead to a consensus. Hopefully.
Without confrontation the game never moves forward.
It's pretty vital to any competitive community.

And sorry if I'm coming off as a mean-o, I'm really not trying to be one. There's no personal bias involved here, I'm just bringing up points I'd bring against anyone.
Yo, this "I'm right you're wrong" is getting old and just annoying. Everyone is doing it here.
Instead of saying that the other person doesn't know what they're talking about, elaborate why in a proper, formal way.

The outcome of where these tests end up, is dependent on how this is dealt with. If the blame game is being played, nothing constructive will come out of this. If it is dealt with formally, then we have something that needs to be looked into more.
So you choose.

this was directed at no single person in particular

Edit: guess I was beaten to it.
This thread is turning into a shiz load of SPAM. Btw, someone try a lightly worn WD against Bluezees shots.
So after trying to replcate his results and failing, I tried pinpointing the discrepancy in the testing performed. The movement seemed familiar to me, but from the videos it wasn't the reasoning I initially thought.

His shots seemed powerful, rather, strong, but not anything "unique" I put that on the burner for now as I'm pretty sure that's not the main reason. I tried his positioning and got close. I'm pretty convinced his "style" so to speak is the reason for the discrepancy, which should clear up a few things:

The results work, but only if you meet the conditions of the situation, if something is restricted beyond a common means such as part, stadium, etc, then it can't exactly serve to generalize something like the "MFB Competitive Metagame". It doesn't go anywhere except draw the conclusion that "230 can be defeated by 85 IF you do it like Bluezee". The whole effect still states that 230 generally beats 85.

Is it consistent? Yes, but not to the point where it's ready to "shake" the metagame as these tests seem to want to do. Consistent for one person and for no one else doesn't exactly prove anything aside from "it can be done."

Bluezee said it himself, just because you can't replicate it, doesn't make it impossible; at the same token if you can't replicate it, it doesn't make it viable for ANYONE ELSE. So in the end all this does is show case an individuals skill/talent/technique leaving little room outside results. It's about as effective as an Escape Artist saying it can be done, showing you, then asking you to try it yourself.

Bluezee, if you can find a way to get someone else to mimic these results you might get somewhere. There is no doubt it works, unfortunately it also comes with the clause "somehow"; if you can't even pinpoint what is different these results don't mean anything to the rest of us.
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:38 AM)milkychipz Wrote: Seriously, this thread is turning into a shiz load of SPAM. I couldn't careless Fyuuor said this.
speaking of spam.

Also @ SSJ:
Lol why not look back at your first few posts and take your own advice, to not do garbage like that again. No offense meant, just sayin'.

My 230 better come soon, before this dies!

Edit: Rather than doing a traditional response which adds on clutter;
I realize that, and that is awesome. I only said that so that hopefully it won't happen again because things like that kill this forum. :V
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:41 AM)Dan Wrote: Also @ SSJ:
Lol why not look back at your first few posts and take your own advice, to not do garbage like that again. No offense meant, just sayin'.

I know. I apologized and stopped after that.
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:40 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: So after trying to replcate his results and failing, I tried pinpointing the discrepancy in the testing performed. The movement seemed familiar to me, but from the videos it wasn't the reasoning I initially thought.

His shots seemed powerful, rather, strong, but not anything "unique" I put that on the burner for now as I'm pretty sure that's not the main reason. I tried his positioning and got close. I'm pretty convinced his "style" so to speak is the reason for the discrepancy, which should clear up a few things:

The results work, but only if you meet the conditions of the situation, if something is restricted beyond a common means such as part, stadium, etc, then it can't exactly serve to generalize something like the "MFB Competitive Metagame". It doesn't go anywhere except draw the conclusion that "230 can be defeated by 85 IF you do it like Bluezee". The whole effect still states that 230 generally beats 85.

Is it consistent? Yes, but not to the point where it's ready to "shake" the metagame as these tests seem to want to do. Consistent for one person and for no one else doesn't exactly prove anything aside from "it can be done."

Bluezee said it himself, just because you can't replicate it, doesn't make it impossible; at the same token if you can't replicate it, it doesn't make it viable for ANYONE ELSE. So in the end all this does is show case an individuals skill/talent/technique leaving little room outside results. It's about as effective as an Escape Artist saying it can be done, showing you, then asking you to try it yourself.

Bluezee, if you can find a way to get someone else to mimic these results you might get somewhere. There is no doubt it works, unfortunately it also comes with the clause "somehow"; if you can't even pinpoint what is different these results don't mean anything to the rest of us.

I see what you mean now. So you are saying, if I get others besides IKMV to get these results then it would be logical to reconsider this? What I am getting out of this is that just because I can do it does not make it the best choice for others who can not. Am I understanding your logic correctly?
Is that when both combos are launched 'like bluezee' or just the 85 combo?
Ah!
That sounded like quite the veiled attack, but I think it is quite clear that Hiro meant the 85WD..
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:50 AM)Dan Wrote: Ah!
That sounded like quite the veiled attack, but I think it is quite clear that Hiro meant the 85WD..

I mean, I thought it was clear enough as to what Hiro was stating. He meant the 85WD and I am glad you also noticed. Also, if it was an attack, I ignored it so its cool.
don't worry, it wasn't ;]
id prefer not to stoop that low, i was just paraphrasing Hiro Ayami.
(Jan. 27, 2011  12:45 AM)Bluezee Wrote: I see what you mean now. So you are saying, if I get others besides IKMV to get these results then it would be logical to reconsider this? What I am getting out of this is that just because I can do it does not make it the best choice for others who can not. Am I understanding your logic correctly?

Sort of.

It's mostly unfair for anyone else to discount what you are saying if they can't replicate your conditions, similarily, if you can't provide reasoning to others on how to do so, you can't really consider your results valid for anyone else either.

If you can do a Sliding Shoot and I can do a Sliding Shoot, we test an Attack type and replicate similar conditions for our test results.

If you can do a Sliding Shoot and I can't, we test an Attack Type, you'll have different conditions (IE: Sliding Shoot) than I will, and therefor conflicting results.

This is why I made a testing strategies thread a long time ago to avoid these things. If you can't isolate each step for your tests you're going to have inaccurate results/conflicting information. Another person should be able to go step by step with what you did and get the same result. If you deviate from the step such as perform a Sliding Shoot where it's not outlined to do so you'll surely change an aspect of the test.
( trying to open a few minds and cool a few heads with this is)
we learn two things from these results
Because we have two testers who have come up with results contradicting those of the average test we come to this.
Dependant veriable two blades spinning normally at the same pace to find which is better ( attempting to not have a variable just part vs part)
85 track vs. 230 track: 85 is a bad track vs 230
Independent veriable desired launch, angles, etc. to achieve results (attempting to understand why 230 track doesnt suit their style, when approached with a variable such as his launch and such)
85 track vs. 230 tack: 85 works against 230

hope this makes some sense. Bluzzee sees that he takes down 230 with how he launches
as we see 230 winning due to just standard testing

this doesnt say that what has been happening to them is wrong false or a cheat
just that they happen to see different results due to their launch possibly.

I dont understand the upset people freaking out saying its not possible though
take it as odd and un-ordinary and just because your combo is amazing in test results doesn't mean
that some other balder out their can take a combo defeated by yours in testing can't possibly win
by unique stlye/launch/and or concept. its just silly Enjoy the unique results because without surprisingly strange ones whats the fun in knowing exactly what will happen when you face off against someone

hope im clear about this ><;

Edit: since i took so long some one has already said what i was going for ahah
Hiro Ayami: basically ''''Isolated variables'''' ahah
what bluzzee had was a hiccup in testing.