Feb

The Luinor Cup

Fredericksburg, VA
Tournament Results
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson - Conference/banquet Room
5327 Jefferson Davis Hwy.
  Conference/banquet Room. You may enter through main Lobby, or enter through side door between Main entrance & Denny's restaurant.
12:30PM on 02/24/2019
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Congratulations to the Winners:
1st Place:
Yami

2nd Place:
DeceasedCrab

3rd Place:
Supremeblader

[Image: XbQuquC.jpg]

Host
AirKnightMare

Final Tournament Report:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hZgBJNxCXwN3avLLKdkqXWBa8MFR1neqIfVEioWrk6g/edit?usp=sharing

Event Schedule
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM: Registration & Free-play
1:00 PM - 1:15 PM: Bracket Set-up
1:15 PM - 1:30 PM: Announcements
1:30 PM: Tournament Starts

Entry Fee: $ 5.00 WBO fee or Current Blader Passport.

Notice: We are watching weather in our area & will update if any changes.

Tournament Location:
We will meet in the large conference / banquet room. A directional sign should be posted in the main lobby.

Country Inn & Suites

Free Parking:
Country Inn & Suites parking lot.

Prizes:
Cho-Z Achilles
Dead Phoenix
Air Knight RB
1st place gets first choice of the prize pool.
2nd place gets second choice.
3rd place gets the remaining prize.

**A huge Thank you to:

The Fredericksburg Regional Tourism Partnership
~for sponsoring our Tournament!
Www.VisitFred.com

Other Information:

Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, please note that Non-competing guests are encouraged to keep a safe distance away from the tournament area so we can allow as many bladers to participate as possible.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:30 PM and is expected to run for about 3+ hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!

Are you as excited about these World Beyblade events as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #VABEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

What is the format of this?
(Feb. 24, 2019  1:22 PM)phoenix613 Wrote: What is the format of this?
This is in Burst format.
(Feb. 24, 2019  1:38 PM)ks123 Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2019  1:22 PM)phoenix613 Wrote: What is the format of this?
This is in Burst format.

I meant like round block Robin
It depends on the amount of attendees who show up, the organizer doesn't actually have total control over that.

Given that we currently have 33 registrants, you can expect a 6 round Swiss tournament for the first stage, followed by a top 4 person final stage.

Expect to play 6 rounds against similarly seeded people. But, apparently your Beyrank is 1283, so, You Should Already Know This.
(Feb. 24, 2019  1:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It depends on the amount of attendees who show up, the organizer doesn't actually have total control over that.

Given that we currently have 33 registrants, you can expect a 6 round Swiss tournament for the first stage, followed by a top 4 person final stage.

Expect to play 6 rounds against similarly seeded people. But, apparently your Beyrank is 1283, so, You Should Already Know This.
Or Double Elimination. 33+ this is available
(Feb. 24, 2019  3:08 PM)ks123 Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2019  1:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It depends on the amount of attendees who show up, the organizer doesn't actually have total control over that.

Or  Double Elimination. 33+ this is available

That's definitely the sort of thing the organizer would have to announce ahead of time; springing double elimination on people with advance warning always ends badly. Especially since I drove 2 hours to be here, and I definitely wouldn't have if double elimination had been announced ahead of time.
We will be cutting it close to a 1pm arrival. Yet we are on our way now!
Here is the challonge link:

https://challonge.com/the_luinor_cup

Here is the finals for the tournament:

Finals: https://challonge.com/luniorcupfinals

Congratulations to

@[Yami] for 1st place!
@[DeceasedCrab] for 2nd place!
@[Supremeblader] for 3rd place!
@[epickblader] for 4th place!
A big thank you to all the tournament organizers, judges, and participants in the Luinor Cup. I hope you all had fun! I had fun.
A big thank you to the city of Fredericksburg VA for being an awesome space to beyblade! It's a 2 hour drive there for me, more with traffic, but it's a good consistent place for good tournaments! I should check out more of it next time.
And a huge thank you to @[kjrules17] and @[MonoDragon] for the sage advice that led me to enter the faustian bargain to keep spamming the two good left spin beys that I have. It worked, a little too well, and we should all be afraid of what this means for the meta.

DC's Combos for the tournament:
First Stage:
Balkesh B3/10Lift/Bearing (won rounds 1, 3, 6)
Hell Salamander (Attack Mode, Level Chip)/10Cross/Atomic (won rounds 2, 4)
Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip)/10Cross/Atomic (lost round 5)
Finals Deck Format
Balkesh B3/0Lift/Bearing
Hell Salamander (Attack Mode, Level Chip)/10Cross/Atomic
Cho-Z Achilles/00Meteor/Xtreme (did not actually win the time I used that against Yami)

I realize that some people may be (rightly) displeased with the combos I used to reach second place. Those people should take comfort in the fact that the Random Booster 11 I got as prize contained Dranzer Flame 10 Turn Sword, which is the fates way of punishing me for my hubris. Smile Although Turn seems decent.

I learned a lot today! For some reason I can only get Cho-Z Achilles burst stoppers to activate when using a Hasbro Sword Launcher. Neither my TT LR or TT Long LR launchers can do it. Life is inscrutable.

I got to see a lot of familiar faces from previous tournaments, and also got to meet new people.
Apparently greeting me by name incredibly aggressively, over and over, is funny as heck. It kind of was. @[Rust lord] you scare me.

Meta notes:
The Left Spin Faustian Bargain (Balkesh B3, Hell Salamander) is a nightmare for the meta.
Hasbro Balkesh, at least, has an easy counter from same spin beys, but unless you have a decently Hell Salamander enough left spin bey, you will have trouble against it. And that's its own problem.
Hell Salamander is an abomination and I think it needs its own thread to discuss and test effective counters against it. If one already exists, let me know. I'm not saying ban it, I'm saying let's find a way to defeat it. It needs to exist (how better to crush Balkesh B3 and still be viable?). I did not encounter hS in any of my tournament matches, but a lot of people used it during freeplay. A decent hS combo could stop both of the combos I used.
Congratulations to the other winners and thank you
AirKnightMare for a great event
That reminds me, there were several parts left in Lost and Found at the tournament when it ended. If you're missing any pieces, you should definitely send a private message to AirKnightMare about the part you're missing. I'm shocked as many parts were left as they were.
@[AirKnightMare] I checked sheet and some usernames need correct:
ClfJmpr = Clfjmpr
blaDer2019 = ?
danrodrc = danrodcr
(Mar. 04, 2019  2:37 PM)ks123 Wrote: @[AirKnightMare] I checked sheet and some usernames need correct:
ClfJmpr = Clfjmpr
blaDer2019 = ?
danrodrc = danrodcr

Thank you, working on details. Corrections made. Thank you.