The Little Battlers, There is still hope of localization

LBX Boost box art:

[Image: ZlMPj.jpg]

(Oct. 19, 2011  8:58 PM)Revolver Hades Wrote: So with all of these strong titles do you think they'll ever be stronger than Square Enix?

Do you mean bigger?

Instinctively I want to say no, but I'm not sure. Level-5's major barrier will be their love of the annual sequels (and now the 6 month expansion packs). Traditionally, doing annual releases only hurt the series, and eventually cause brand fatigue leading to falling sales. We've been seeing hints of that with Layton, and Inazuma Eleven.

As well, some of their lineup are derivative. Yokai Watch, their latest project, seems to have combined Pokemon, and Medabots. LBX is an obvious attempt to emulate Medabots' success in the past.

(Oct. 19, 2011  9:06 PM)galaxylynx Wrote: That does look sick so is it going to come to usa?or did you already awnser this question

The video game hasn't been announced for a US release. Though, the anime will be released in North America.
ok thanks i hope comes out in the usa also that would be great.i wonder what the anime is going to be like
I see,

anyways, we're just gonna have to watch and wait patiently to see if this game will be released in the USA, it probably will considering they're porting the anime.
Second year of LBX anime confirmed. As well, LBX: Boost on PSP basically confirmed a sequel.
Namco Bandai named toy licensee in North America and Europe. Toyline set to launch Fall 2013.

I hope the show and games aren't launching then...
We had a Danball Senki thread?! LUCKY!

BTW, the anime is being subbed by Ryuu-Rogue if you guys are interested in watching.

I'm very tempting in importing the game, but I don't know if Boost is a sequel or an extension.
DUDE NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS SUCKY THREAD.
(Feb. 09, 2012  2:40 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: We had a Danball Senki thread?! LUCKY!

BTW, the anime is being subbed by Ryuu-Rogue if you guys are interested in watching.

I'm very tempting in importing the game, but I don't know if Boost is a sequel or an extension.

Boost is an expansion.
Just finished watching the first half of the anime Rocket Gang and Ryuu-Rogue did. My thoughts on it?

Do not open if you have not watched the anime, have not played the games, or do not know the general story. (Click to View)

...I know it doesn't seem like much, but do give this a shot. The anime is very good; you can find episodes 1 to 24 subbed by Ryuu-Rogue and Rocket Gang at their respective blogs or NyaaTorrent. And do try playing the game, too.

...I'm going to love this thread. To, keep posting the awesome news as they come out. <3

Edit:
Explains the series better than I ever can. I just fangasm.
(Feb. 08, 2012  3:44 AM)To Wrote: Namco Bandai named toy licensee in North America and Europe. Toyline set to launch Fall 2013.

I hope the show and games aren't launching then...

-sigh- Why do these things take so long to freaking release? I bet This game's probably gonna get a release on the Vita in the US and other places.
Yeah, watching walkthroughs online...isn't satisfying enough. ; A; That first AX-00 battle against the three Deqoos, I wanna do that!
LBX W announced for PSP. This is likely the proper sequel.

LBX Baku Boost announced for 3DS. This is likely an expansion of the expansion (wait wut).
I don't mind it being on the 3DS. If it gets a US release, it might go for the 3DS instead of the PSP, especially with Vita out now.

If anything, if it IS an "expansion of the expansion", it'll be proper for the latest of the first of the main storyline to come out to the US if ever.

Now LBX W is a legit sequel, as the anime is currently called Danball Senki W, taking place a time after the original story. It being on the PSP...we MIGHT expect a 3DS expansion, maybe?
I'm not getting invested in this franchise. It's clear it'll be dead midway through this decade.
Level-5 is really going to be releasing the same game 3 times in 1 year. Wow. Bravo.
And yet, it'll never have that popularity that Ni no Kuni employs here in the West...
The funny thing is, Ni no Kuni PS3 absolutely cratered in Japan.
Which is why I don't understand why the Western audiences highly voted for it on Level-5's facebook. "The Little Battlers" has 531 votes, making it the 5th-lowest/6th highest entry but did better over Inazuma Eleven and Inazuma Eleven Strikers, one of Level-5 series that's pretty popular in Japan. Yet, besides the obviousness of Professor Layton, both Ni no Kuni titles for the DS and PS3 rank higher than The Little Battlers, with the DS port being the 3rd-highest, PS3 being the 2nd, and of course Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney at #1.

Don't know why, I don't see what's good about Ni no Kuni...

Edit: I forgot. The anime fans of the west love Studio Ghibli carp. They eat that carp up.
That poll was actually very disappointing since it was basically a bunch of anime fans voting for games that basically had a 100% likelihood of getting localized.
So like I create a fansite, and have all the LBX W and Explosive Boost screenshots on there. I even have the trailer for the English dub:

.....THe dub....doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't agree with me. But it's a start.

I wonder how they'll handle the Hunter episodes, especially with the enemy trying to assassinate the prime minister...
I've since found out that the dub in the trailer I posted is solely going to be broadcasted in Asia.
Ohhh, so it's, like...what, a Philippine English Dub? Some...other Asian country that mainly speaks English?
It's produced in Hong Kong. Certainly better than the other Hong Kong English dubs I've heard...
If I may, the dub is being broadcasted by Animax Asia, so basically English-speaking Asian territories outside Japan are getting it. Also, they pretty much did the assassination episode fairly straight-up, they didn't sugarcoat the fact that people's lives were in danger, or edit the dialogue so it didn't seem like they were really trying to kill him. Granted some of the dub voices kinda grated a little, but it was pretty okay in my opinion.

They say "darn" quite a bit in the dub though, what's up with that?