The Little Battlers, There is still hope of localization

Personally I've loved every game that Level 5 has thrown at me, but I feel like I would rather play Inazuma Eleven 3 instead. This does look like something I would enjoy though.
More Info on Littlest Battlers: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/16/the...-psp-game/

There are plans for an anime, manga, and plastic models. Well, eventually. The PSP game still isn’t in stores. Level 5 says The Little Battlers is slated for release this year in Japan.
Schweet,I hope the toy tie ins are like Gundam models,The Littlest Battlers sounds like one of Level 5's biggest games yet.I cant wait for it to come out in America
I LOVED Dark Cloud and rogue galaxy from Level 5, this seems just as good and it does seem like a miniaturized medabots series
this looks like the best toy ever
Yeah, Level-5 goes all out for their own IPs. Layton and Inazuma have a lot of work put towards marketing the games. I fear that Level-5 makes too many though. Both Layton and Inazuma have annual main series releases. Something that's quite rare in gaming outside of sports titles.

For those hoping to get some model kits when the game is released here, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them. Depending on how the series, and game does (which given it'll be a late 2011 title on PSP at the earliest, it'll likely do poorly) you'll likely get an action figure series or something.

(Sep. 19, 2010  9:09 PM)BlankShot Wrote: Personally I've loved every game that Level 5 has thrown at me, but I feel like I would rather play Inazuma Eleven 3 instead.

Too bad no one outside of Europe will.

Snarky comment aside, I'm actually really surprised none of those have made their way out of Japan. I know the anime series airs across Europe, but as far as I know, none of the games have recieved translations. Which is insane given that a World Cup launch a few months back would've done wonders to it.
Oh carp, if that crappy American localization carp ends up with action figure carp I'll be so mad I'd personally launch my Strike Freedom gundam into the people who made the action figures and demand they make model kits and if they dont I'll use my Kira Yamato style beam spam on them.
TOTALLY A NEW MEDABOTS NOW IS THIS GONNA BE A SHOW TO?
yes. from what the videos imply there will be an anime about this
(Sep. 29, 2010  1:08 AM)To Wrote: Too bad no one outside of Europe will.

Hey look! I'm in Toronto!

=]
and now,the moment we've all been waiting for MORE LITTLEST BATTLERS INFO!
All of this is taken from IGN this is completely quoted
This is the story and lots of other carp,
"The year is 2050. Kids are super into this game called LBX – Little Battler Experience. Here's how it works. You buy a model mech from the toy shop and put it together. Then you get together with your friends and gather around the LBX board, which is really more like a tabletop gaming platform (think Warhammer) than a board-game board. Each of your little mechs has different capabilities and attributes, and you pit them against one another. Sounds pretty fun, right? Alright, time for some Inception Carp . We're going to go down a level. Ready?

In this fictional world, something conspiratorial is happening. There's some sort of military group making little robots, and somehow they end up in the wrong hands (bear with me here, my Japanese is pretty much nonexistent). Fast-forward, and a group of little kids ends up actually piloting their LBX mechs in real battles. How did they get there? I don't really know, and I'm pretty sure Japanese kids won't really dwell on that either. All they will care about is what I'm about to say.

They will not only be able to play a PSP game that takes them into this world and puts them in ths shoes of these ordinary-children-turned-mech-pilots. But they will also be able to buy actual plastic toy versions of the mechs they are using the game, which are themselves based on fictional toy mechs that are sold in the game world. I realize I just blew your mind right there, and I apologize. But it had to be done.

Little Battler Experience is the newest PSP game from Level-5, and it's pretty much brilliant. Will it have any appeal in the west? Probably not. It's too squarely aimed at Japanese culture to have much of an impact outside of it. But it's a perfect example of the airtight integration of toys, games and entertainment (think there'll be an LBX anime?) in Japan.

The anime-style cutscenes are very well-produced, and the environments are bright and cheery. The combat is fairly standard, at least in the demo (lock onto target, attack, build up a meter to do special attack), but it was simple and satisfying. LBX won't be redefining handheld gaming any time soon, but it's a great idea and I imagine it will be hugely successful. But you never know. Kids are picky. If Level-5 misjudged the material or if kids turn up their noses at the robot designs, then it's game over. But if it hits, look out."

Hmm not only will we play as these kids turned mech pilot we'll also be able to buy some plastic models, eh.
I seriously hope this will be localised,what are your opinions of this?
Its a dark day, when I must double post:
You can check out the art for the main character and his sidekicks, along with the villain right here:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08...ers_anime/

This is the Villains mech:
.jpg   2132389104.jpg (Size: 10.11 KB / Downloads: 69)

And here is the heroes mech:
.jpg   2132389103.jpg (Size: 9.39 KB / Downloads: 70)
I will have to find a PSP to borrow if this ever makes it here. I keep looking at pics and videos and it's making me pretty excited.
I've managed to find out the battle system is like a robot version of Pokemon, the battle is turn-based. Well this games starting to drop from my top 10 list....
(Oct. 10, 2010  7:55 PM)Ray Gil Wrote: I've managed to find out the battle system is like a robot version of Pokemon, the battle is turn-based. Well this games starting to drop from my top 10 list....

Uh, no. From the hands on I've read of people playing the game at TGS, it's a lot more like Virtual On than Pokemon. In fact, the only things those two have in common besides being media franchises, is the urge to collect them all.
Heh, trust me to find all the dodgy websites that tell me stuff like its like pokemon,so does this mean the game isnt turn based?
(Oct. 11, 2010  12:51 AM)Ray Gil Wrote: Heh, trust me to find all the dodgy websites that tell me stuff like its like pokemon,so does this mean the game isnt turn based?

From the Joystiq preview, nope. More action, I guess.
(Jul. 30, 2010  5:02 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hmm, that actually looks kinda neat. Am I the only one getting a Medabots vibe from it?

I was thinking about Medabots too !!! It looks so similiar , kids buy robots , use communication systems to control them , and battle.I like the concept.Would a toyline be neat ?
Nevermind , I read the thread , XD.
Lol,this game is back on to my top 10 list and its ranked number 1 now, So its more of an action game than that turn based stuff, not that theres aything wrong with the Turn Based Games,however from that preview its basically telling us this game may not be localized.However its been said to be on the Sony American Entertainment stuff, GAH, I know not which to believe anymore,but it has an official English name so unless something terrible happens this game will get localized, I love to contradict myself.
Eh, it'll probably get localized. Sony did file trademark papers for names. If they don't bring it over, I'd imagine Level-5's soon-to-be-opened US branch will.
Japanese release date is December 2, the anime is reportedly set to premiere in January.
Sadly from one of my sources I've found this out
The Little Battlers has A Little Delay

Even though Level 5 said The Little Battlers was on track for 2010, the PSP game hasn’t received much coverage so we weren’t surprised to learn of a delay.

The news comes from CoroCoro comics, which has a spread on the miniature robot battling game. In bold typeface, Corocoro says 2011. Smaller print pegs the game’s release date as March 17, 2011 for Japan.

While The Little Battlers has not been announced for North America, Level 5 has an office in North America. We imagine they must be localizing some of their own titles, perhaps, The Little Battlers.
*BUMP*

sorry, my above post is the one that should be read, rather than the post I have for Disgaea 4
Little robots that battle each other... hmmm
Im in
sweet i love it