The Error in the Wiki

I needed that flashy title to catch people so that they come and read this. Remember back when there was an argument about whether or not people should make drafts before the parts come out? Well, the argument resulted in people not wanting to make drafts early, which makes sense. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is the lack of information that is currently the WBO. Before, everybody had an early finished article and knew how each part performs and everything. After, which is now, things are not going well. Without the early drafts, people never make newer drafts, leading to a lack of understanding on part performance. This, in turn, leads to Testing Threads giving incorrect results because the people coming up with the tests don't know the strongest parts and make a guess, leading to a result that could be completely incorrect.

For example, Slash Valkyrie came out over three months ago, but I still haven't been able to find out if it's even good! All I can find is that it bursts easily and was good three months ago when it came out! It's impossible to find things, to keep up with current info, because the info isn't there. It doesn't exist. If I try to find out anything, everything I can find is either outdated, incorrect, or there isn't anything to find! It's impossible!

The WBO was like a box full of assorted information before this all happened. Now it's an empty box, painted to look like "Oh, come over here, I'm full of stuff", but when you open it, it's empty, save a few dust bunnies. If I look on the WBO, I see all the flashy recolors, and I think, wow, its great. But then when I'm looking for a Beyblade combos that work well, I find that it's all bark and no bite, all sizzle and no steak, etc.

I made this rant mostly to complain and to try and get it fixed. I vote we re-instate the old system of making drafts early, updating them when the part releases, and then updating later when the part inevitably becomes outclassed. That system was so much more efficient and successful. This was all my opinion, but I really think it needs to be fixed. That's what people do, right? They see an issue and get it fixed? Then let's do that!
(Jun. 29, 2019  7:01 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: I needed that flashy title to catch people so that they come and read this. Remember back when there was an argument about whether or not people should make drafts before the parts come out? Well, the argument resulted in people not wanting to make drafts early, which makes sense. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is the lack of information that is currently the WBO. Before, everybody had an early finished article and knew how each part performs and everything. After, which is now, things are not going well. Without the early drafts, people never make newer drafts, leading to a lack of understanding on part performance. This, in turn, leads to Testing Threads giving incorrect results because the people coming up with the tests don't know the strongest parts and make a guess, leading to a result that could be completely incorrect.

For example, Slash Valkyrie came out over three months ago, but I still haven't been able to find out if it's even good! All I can find is that it bursts easily and was good three months ago when it came out! It's impossible to find things, to keep up with current info, because the info isn't there. It doesn't exist. If I try to find out anything, everything I can find is either outdated, incorrect, or there isn't anything to find! It's impossible!

The WBO was like a box full of assorted information before this all happened. Now it's an empty box, painted to look like "Oh, come over here, I'm full of stuff", but when you open it, it's empty, save a few dust bunnies. If I look on the WBO, I see all the flashy recolors, and I think, wow, its great. But then when I'm looking for a Beyblade combos that work well, I find that it's all bark and no bite, all sizzle and no steak, etc.

I made this rant mostly to complain and to try and get it fixed. I vote we re-instate the old system of making drafts early, updating them when the part releases, and then updating later when the part inevitably becomes outclassed. That system was so much more efficient and successful. This was all my opinion, but I really think it needs to be fixed. That's what people do, right? They see an issue and get it fixed? Then let's do that!

Yes, I agree with you.
I agree completely. Never find the info I need.
as I said previously if people don't make the drafts earlier than the release good luck getting a draft, i totally agree with it going back to the old way as at least we get the drafts we want lol
Okay then. Make the early drafts. If people complain about it, tell them to do the testing and draft writing when the part comes out. If they don't, they can't complain, and that's all there is to it.

I get the impression a lot of the wiki contributors have burned out on Beyblade.
We "complainers" weren't objecting to creating the THREADS early. The issue was that people were creating them AND injecting unverified information into the drafts.

That being said, there is indeed a backlog of parts that have to be updated on the wiki. I will be making a separate thread to denote the progress on each part, to give this a push.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Great-Catch-Up
I’ve just added drafts for Sting, Blitz, Power, and Ashura.

It would be nice if more people contributed. Smile
(Jul. 02, 2019  11:48 AM)KingSpin Wrote: I’ve just added drafts for Sting, Blitz, Power, and Ashura.

I would try to help, but I don't know how to test parts.
(Jul. 02, 2019  11:48 AM)KingSpin Wrote: I’ve just added drafts for Sting, Blitz, Power, and Ashura.

I tried adding information on some parts listed on the forums, but due to being on mobile I am unable to make a full draft.
I 100% agree.
I agree too, i dont get much information and i end up having to use my own knowledge
I think I’m gonna make some drafts for some parts. We really need people to know what’s good and what’s not.
no error than huh
(Nov. 18, 2020  7:44 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: no error than huh
Stop necroposting please. If you keep doing it, you'll be banned.
who are you
(Nov. 18, 2020  7:44 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: no error than huh

Why do you have such a huge obsession with necroposting on old wiki posts?
it is not an obseission
(Nov. 19, 2020  1:25 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: it is not an obseission

Why bro!!!!! Stop!!!!!!!!!!!
bruh godzillafan101 necropost way too much
(Nov. 20, 2020  4:21 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: bruh godzillafan101 necropost way too much

Yeah. He'll get banned if he keeps it up.
(Nov. 20, 2020  4:22 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  4:21 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: bruh godzillafan101 necropost way too much

Yeah. He'll get banned if he keeps it up.

he doesnt listen even tho piplup person tells him to stop
its 6jupitier5 and I am not bruh Godzilla and I will stop
(Nov. 20, 2020  2:23 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: its 6jupitier5 and I am not bruh Godzilla and I will stop

he told us to call him piplup person
why though?