The D Theory

Dude, you're wrong. Just absolutely wrong. You didnt launch it right. I belive he said something about aiming it for the tornado ridge. Meaning bank it for better defense. So you're just wrong. othellog knows what he means. Ive seen him use D alot for tourneys. He banks it or straight shoot it. No matter what. So that does not prove your point at all. I'll test my results on here later. But I dont have VariAres. :V

Quote:Basically since the radius of D is not the whole tip, it helps it survive attacks better, by catching the tornado ridge.

(Aug. 27, 2011  3:17 PM)® Wrote: Dude, you're wrong. Just absolutely wrong. You didnt launch it right. I belive he said something about aiming it for the tornado ridge. Meaning bank it for better defense. So you're just wrong. othellog knows what he means. Ive seen him use D alot for tourneys. He banks it or straight shoot it. No matter what. So that does not prove your point at all. I'll test my results on here later. But I dont have VariAres. :V

Quote:Basically since the radius of D is not the whole tip, it helps it survive attacks better, by catching the tornado ridge.
Just no, I tried that, it completely and utterly fails 100%. You don't need to bank VariAres, just tornado stall, as soon as VariAres comes around the tornado ridge, every single time Basalt goes metres away.

We already established that "launching it wrong" isn't an acceptable argument, especially since banking it worsens Basalt completely.

Did you also not realise I was launching Basalt correctly at least half the time in the video? D doesn't stay up by the Tornado Ridge at all, it's known as gravity pulling it to the centre every time.
Look rotation, you didn't actually understand what OP even meant: when knocked around D apparently has the ability to catch the tornado ridge (ie not get KO'd) due to the angle D is on.
TBH this feature if it exists, is nullified by it's carp grip otherwise it would be very prominent.
I think until you grasp what is being said, stop making uneccessary hostile posts based on your misunderstanding. Because you're just embarrassing yourself that way.

I'm sure OP appreciates you sticking up for him, but until you get what is being said here, it's probably best to just read and learn.
(Aug. 27, 2011  3:58 PM)Dan Wrote: Look rotation, you didn't actually understand what OP even meant: when knocked around D apparently has the ability to catch the tornado ridge (ie not get KO'd) due to the angle D is on.
TBH this feature if it exists, is nullified by it's carp grip otherwise it would be very prominent.
I think until you grasp what is being said, stop making uneccessary hostile posts based on your misunderstanding. Because you're just embarrassing yourself that way.

I'm sure OP appreciates you sticking up for him, but until you get what is being said here, it's probably best to just read and learn.
Exactly, and as you see in the video, it happens perhaps once in the 11 battles. It's nothing unusual, WD/SD/D could all do it.

@Rotation I hope you know it's impossible to catch the Tornado ridge with D, WD,SD,DS,S, and about anything that isn't aggressive. This is quite obvious...
Not necessarily, you can have a very aggressive launch with those tips. (I.E Bluezee and WD's)
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:09 PM)Dan Wrote: Not necessarily, you can have a very aggressive launch with those tips. (I.E Bluezee and WD's)
The tip would most likely have to be worn, and be catching onto minute rubber deposits on the stadia.
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:09 PM)Dan Wrote: Not necessarily, you can have a very aggressive launch with those tips. (I.E Bluezee and WD's)

Definitely this!
Also control, why isn't "launching it wrong" an acceptable arguement anymore? If you are doing it wrong, then you are doing it wrong. Why is that such a problem and why do people have to be in denial so much?
.. no
He used worn, NOB and anything in between. Minute is right, it is no where near enough. I mean, go back to the original topic and look at the videos.
Of course I dont mean XF-like ridge riding. I mean a rather aggressive shot by no means RF or anything lol.

I saw the videos. I only ask one thing: How the heck could anyone believe these results (OP) when I get near-perfect results with VariAres CH120RF against the near-heaviest defense customization available? LOL.
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:16 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Definitely this!
Also control, why isn't "launching it wrong" an acceptable arguement anymore? If you are doing it wrong, then you are doing it wrong. Why is that such a problem and why do people have to be in denial so much?
Aah I needed to add:

If the combination is terrible anyway, it really isn't appropriate to say "oh you're getting bad results because your launching it wrong". As we proved it isn't the case here.

--
I think it's probably because the WD is slightly worn, Bluezee had a thread for using a worn WD for attack purposes.

Slightly worn WD + beastly pull = probable aggression.
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:19 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:16 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Definitely this!
Aah I needed to add:

If the combination is terrible anyway, it really isn't appropriate to say "oh you're getting bad results because your launching it wrong". As we proved it isn't the case here.

--
I think it's probably because the WD is slightly worn, Bluezee had a thread for using a worn WD for attack purposes.

Slightly worn WD + beastly pull = probable aggression.

No...they were straight out of the box. I even had to do it at a tournament and stop the whole thing to show them I was not doing anything illegal.
Noooo. I mean like deep bank it. And here's my claim. Sorry I had to do 10 rounds. Going school shopping with my mom Cool Yah, shes that cool.

Standard Procedure Beylauncher L/R(in R mode for HK) beylauncher L for LDD

MF L Drago DestroyGb145R2F[prime] vs MFH Hell Kerbecs BD145[boost mode and DEEP banking

HK: 7/10 (all OS and one KO)
LDD: 3/10( all KOs)

With deep banking I noticed that D was slanted, making KOing harder for LDD. ALso before D got slanted it did the flower pattern but not all the way. Will explain more after I get home.
When you deep bank D, all you get is a bit of sliding and a lot of hopping. Revealing a lot more metal and easy KOs.

EDIT: Stuff is just being made up now, it's so much easy to KO a slant D, there's a lot less contact with the stadium floor, less "catching the Tornado Ridge".

Nothing in the OP gives any indication of this launch.
We already know aggressive launches help plastic bottoms with defense.
Though I feel bad that you can't do better than that, or I over-estimated LDrago Destroy.
I think this is getting extremely far-fetched in terms of "how to launch it to his fullest abilities". Rotation, please upload a video to validate this "hard bank technique".
I can't my camera isn't working. If you don't believe me that's fine. Plus its not made up. Were u there? No of course not so why would say it's fake when it isn't? Every one have different launching skills tbh. I'll do an comparison when I get home. A least I know how to use D correctly.
Or maybe not know how to use attackers correctly ...
Looool tell[/align]in me how I can't use attackers correctly? U funny. My test shows it all. Deep bank makes a difference and you guys don't want to believe it. That's messed up man lol. I can do the flower pattern good tyvm. Deep banking makes a difference alright? Kk gg
Do the same test except don't use deep banking. Then we can compare the results and see if deep banking makes a difference or not.
I was pointing out your obnoxious attitude.
I know banking/aggressive shots help all plastic bottoms. It isn't a new find. at all.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Are-we-g...ny-justice
I'm just bringing up that hell has extremely high recoil and on a plastic bottom you could KO it with Flame.
How about testing against Lightning LDrago?
(Aug. 27, 2011  8:18 PM)Dan Wrote: I was pointing out your obnoxious attitude.
qft. ↲↲
Dan is right, Hell is pretty awful for defence.↲
↲
@Rotation how about i show you the variety of deep banking shots via video and you tell me what type you launching with.
K, here's the comparison. No deep banking.
Standard Procedure.
MF LDD GB145R2F vs MF-H HellKerbexsBD145D(boost)
LDD(7 wins KO)
HK (3 wins, 1 OS, and 2 KOs).

ControL_ yes please. That sounds like a good idea.
Choice 1 and 3 is the banking I have been doing for D, the first test. You did pretty well man.
(Aug. 28, 2011  2:25 PM)® Wrote: Choice 1 and 3 is the banking I have been doing for D, the first test. You did pretty well man.
Can I just say, it's pretty much impossible to do that with MF-H Basalt Kerbecs GB145D. For some reason, it returns to the centre near immediately. You should try it, it barely does even one flower pattern movement.

It's weird, it's easy to do with Hell Kerbecs BD145, yet Basalt GB145 can't do it?