The D Theory

(Aug. 20, 2011  3:07 AM)Dan Wrote: Uh certain comparative results make honestly no sense tbh. The only sensible one was 90. (less metal contact made since D is lower than CS)
My little brother threw out my D tip, but I never took note of such qualities ever at all..
Ya, the contact point of basalt is higher on D than CS. Which makes it easier to get knocked out, hence full-metal contact.

(Aug. 20, 2011  3:51 AM)Dan Wrote: Read my first post in this thread. CS isn't the best tip in the world, obviously a full plastic, D series tip would outlast a semi rubber S tip.
Lol, you must be pissed.
But really, if your going for defence strictly its all Rubber Ball.
Lol I'm not pissed.
Ever since I managed to get CS in the tier list it has gradually become this godly tip revered by all. Which it never was. It was indeed amazing for defense and found it's place in some of the most fearsome combinations of that category, but as soon as someone proposes it as a balance tip (which I am severely agaisnt currently) everyone goes apecarp and thinks 'dear god, CS outlasted by D? I must have prayed wrong oh god!'

That isn't shocking. D series > WB right? CS isn't much better than WB stamina wise.
I'm just generally sick of the ideology that CS is amazing and unbeatable and best in all categories in all aspects. Fyuuor made a good point of this when he recognized that people were using CS for everything and forgetting about pure brute defense (RS)
(Aug. 20, 2011  4:56 AM)Dan Wrote: Lol I'm not pissed.
Ever since I managed to get CS in the tier list it has gradually become this godly tip revered by all. Which it never was. It was indeed amazing for defense and found it's place in some of the most fearsome combinations of that category, but as soon as someone proposes it as a balance tip (which I am severely agaisnt currently) everyone goes apecarp and thinks 'dear god, CS outlasted by D? I must have prayed wrong oh god!'

That isn't shocking. D series > WB right? CS isn't much better than WB stamina wise.
I'm just generally sick of the ideology that CS is amazing and unbeatable and best in all categories in all aspects. Fyuuor made a good point of this when he recognized that people were using CS for everything and forgetting about pure brute defense (RS)
People in my old state never acted like it was a god part..
But, I see what your saying. I never was a big fan of CS, especially for defence. I really need some RS to RB comparison tests.
Well, people always do carp like that, they say "oh my god its amazing", because they are confused about the current beyblade meta-game.
I mean, you have Basalt, and people trying to ban basalt(imo, that's a stupid idea), you really have to know a lot about beyblade to keep up with all of this. Tongue_out

(Aug. 20, 2011  5:55 AM)othellog Wrote: People in my old state never acted like it was a god part..
But, I see what your saying. I never was a big fan of CS, especially for defence. I really need some RS to RB comparison tests.
lol thanks

/sarcasm
Quote:Well, people always do carp like that, they say "oh my god its amazing", because they are confused about the current beyblade meta-game.
I mean, you have Basalt, and people trying to ban basalt(imo, that's a stupid idea), you really have to know a lot about beyblade to keep up with all of this. Tongue_out
lol that isn't too relevant though if anything people think CS is godly just because of the fact that they are staying current with the metagame: CS is in almost all prominent combos (though all are predominantly defense, not balance) lol RS still exists

Yeah I'm still Wut!? about your results because I use to KO D based defense combos with Quetz. (obviously before CS was top-tier an before Basalts release, the fact still remains.)
How worn is your CS? Out of box booster Ray Unicorno CS gets almost RS like results.. Until it wears down obviously.

Sorry... Not VS CS itself, i mean against atk CS got demolished but D stayed quite well...
Tests! Standard method
Bassalt 90D VS gravity perseus 90RF
12 wins (7OS 5KO) 8 wins ( 8 KO)
Bassalt 90CS VS gravity perseus 90RF
17 wins (10 OS 7KO) 3 wins (3 KO)
All draws redone.
The koes are when gravity is preparing, then CS attacks G.per
Do these results actually surprise anyone here..?
Of course they're not surprising. D>CS on basic outspinning, not outspinning through having to outlast the barrage of hits.
D is actually rather popular here. More so than CS (for local tournies) although its mostly on extreme stadium situations.

CS just dies when there is too much rubber contact (eg; stadium or ridge). The RPM loss is just too high sometimes a D class tip is more favourable. The use of CS is overly depedant on condition and make (like almost all rubber based parts).

I've had a few CS which rubber is worn enough that it has little to no defensive capabilities left. Might as well use an S at this rate =\
(Aug. 20, 2011  7:48 PM)ControL_ Wrote: not outspinning through having to outlast the barrage of hits.

thats called defense.
lol still.
So your saying D is better than CS in Defence? Thats what it says in the OP in the testing...
(Aug. 20, 2011  7:48 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Of course they're not surprising. D>CS on basic outspinning, not outspinning through having to outlast the barrage of hits.

I've already mentioned how some tests don't seem right to me at all.
While this thread staes a topic that was generaly already known information, it was explained in a proffesional and informative way. The diagrams also help display a clear understanding of the topic. In addition, beywiki reads as if D is no longer top tier, but as said before, I have been hearing that D has become more popular for the reasons explained in the OP.

Very well done. =)
(Aug. 22, 2011  5:07 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2011  7:48 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Of course they're not surprising. D>CS on basic outspinning, not outspinning through having to outlast the barrage of hits.

I've already mentioned how some tests don't seem right to me at all.
Lol, do you want me me to video tape my testing, since you don't have D. Go buy a Torch Ares at Walmart or something. Tongue_out Again, you have a great knowledge of beyblade, but you don't own a D and even when you did you didn't use it much.

(Aug. 22, 2011  5:57 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: While this thread staes a topic that was generaly already known information, it was explained in a proffesional and informative way. The diagrams also help display a clear understanding of the topic. In addition, beywiki reads as if D is no longer top tier, but as said before, I have been hearing that D has become more popular for the reasons explained in the OP.

Very well done. =)
Thanx. I tried to make it as professional as possible.

I understand D's test results should be better than WD's according to your theory, but How is it that CS has lower win rates when it too is based on a similar theory and has a rubber coating to catch on the tornado ridge as opposed to D?
(Aug. 22, 2011  11:43 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: I understand D's test results should be better than WD's according to your theory, but How is it that CS has lower win rates when it too is based on a similar theory and has a rubber coating to catch on the tornado ridge as opposed to D?
Well, CS is higher than D, which makes the attacker have more metal on metal contact to the basalt wheel=more chance of a knock-out. Oh did I mention Vari Ares is on left spin? Wow, I'm stupid, but
I used left spin to try to destabilize the test bey(MF-H Basalt), and since the CS bey is always higher, it is more easily destabilized compared to D.
When I did have it, I used it in defense combinations, coincidentally. I didn't see this kind of potential is all. :V
(look back at my post and it did say this, I'm not making carp up lol)
(Aug. 23, 2011  1:49 AM)Dan Wrote: When I did have it, I used it in defense combinations, coincidentally. I didn't see this kind of potential is all. :V
(look back at my post and it did say this, I'm not making carp up lol)
Wait, when you had D what era of MFB was it? If you didn't have D when basalt came out, then that's the difference.

Look, D isn't amazing for staying inside the stadium. CS is better, ok?

D is generally better at being able to be with Basalt in a Balance formation. A better combination of defence/stamina if you must, it isn't for accepting hits.

It doesn't grip the stadium or anything like that, it creates minimal friction for the maximum stability it offers. That is it.
(Aug. 25, 2011  3:51 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Look, D isn't amazing for staying inside the stadium. CS is better, ok?

D is generally better at being able to be with Basalt in a Balance formation. A better combination of defence/stamina if you must, it isn't for accepting hits.

It doesn't grip the stadium or anything like that, it creates minimal friction for the maximum stability it offers. That is it.
Who the hell sad that was my mind set? CS is better for staying in the stadium, Tongue_out

(Aug. 25, 2011  9:23 PM)othellog Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2011  3:51 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Look, D isn't amazing for staying inside the stadium. CS is better, ok?

Who the hell sad that was my mind set? CS is better for staying in the stadium, Tongue_out
Obviously it sounds like your mindset since all your tests are against RF based VariAres.
Why not use CH120RF? I found it better than BD145.
I don't think many people see the rationale of why Bluezee/I chose BD145 in the first place, and they just smack it on any attacker.
I mean, it will do decently, but it isn't the ultimate answer for all attack wheels by any means. (Just Lightning.) lol
(Aug. 25, 2011  9:50 PM)Dan Wrote: I mean, it will do decently, but it isn't the ultimate answer for all attack wheels by any means. (Just Lightning.) lol

it does give Gravity some useful abilities though.
.. more weight? that is essentially it. lol I'm not saying that isn't helpful, though.
(Aug. 26, 2011  12:18 AM)Dan Wrote: .. more weight? that is essentially it. lol I'm not saying that isn't helpful, though.
Before we go off-topic, Gravity in left gains so many outspins mostly because of it's lowering the centre of gravity factor.

If you were to do MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145MF V Hell BD145CS, not only does Gravity KO, it also OSes, if you tried that with 145 instead of BD145, it most certaintly wouldn't have the weight advantage nor the wider base.

This thread has seen too much RF.

I will post results on the difference between Hell BD145WD/D.
I think SSJ was referring to the RF variant.
Hell BD145CS isn't exactly the best combination so..