The Case For Banning F230 From Zero-G Tournament Play

(Jul. 10, 2014  11:17 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I just want to point out, I really dont enjoy that a lot of people who say to ban it, really haven't had tournament use or play with it or even used a TT Orange F230 before. It seems like a lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon becuase popular members want it gone. F230 is not undefeatable, as Kei said- it really isn't a problem some areas, either- it isn't a problem in every single other area, either, as much as some make it to be.

Echizen Wrote:As I mentioned before some users lack the skills to use it or defeat it.

That's like saying some users can't use Sliding Shoot and use Attack Types or able to defeat Stamina Types. That can be said for any situation.

Leone19 Wrote:Personally, while I'm against its ban, I'd hope at the least that a compromise would be reached, perhaps some events would allow use, while others wouldn't (hosts choice?,etc.), maybe a "Limited" Zero-G format (by "Limited" I don't I mean no Synchroms, but some parts (F230, etc.) would be banned, but allowing Synchroms and other regular parts), or something at all, rather than get rid of a part that only really shines its brightest on one setup.
Quote:That's kind of unfair TBH and difficult to judge what palces should be banned.

Like I said, an idea and not sure what palces means, haha.
Well F230's launch is much more difficult. Places. XD
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:42 PM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:17 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I just want to point out, I really dont enjoy that a lot of people who say to ban it, really haven't had tournament use or play with it or even used a TT Orange F230 before. It seems like a lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon becuase popular members want it gone. F230 is not undefeatable, as Kei said- it really isn't a problem some areas, either- it isn't a problem in every single other area, either, as much as some make it to be.

Echizen Wrote:As I mentioned before some users lack the skills to use it or defeat it.

That's like saying some users can't use Sliding Shoot and use Attack Types or able to defeat Stamina Types. That can be said for any situation.

Leone19 Wrote:Personally, while I'm against its ban, I'd hope at the least that a compromise would be reached, perhaps some events would allow use, while others wouldn't (hosts choice?,etc.), maybe a "Limited" Zero-G format (by "Limited" I don't I mean no Synchroms, but some parts (F230, etc.) would be banned, but allowing Synchroms and other regular parts), or something at all, rather than get rid of a part that only really shines its brightest on one setup.
Quote:That's kind of unfair TBH and difficult to judge what palces should be banned.

If it's so much more difficult and hard to master as you said, I don't see how that supports your choice of wanting to ban it, if not just anyone can spam it and win.

It wouldn't be places, but say something like every other Zero-G event a region holds would be either F230 or without, etc- so a compromise would be made rather than all of the arguing.
Some people already do that. Basically the Bladers at the tournament will agree ahead of time not to use Dragooon F230(G)CF without it officially being banned. I think the Maryland people and Dr. Pepsidew have had Zero-G-minus-F230 tournaments (I may have missed people/falsely used the wrong people as examples, but these kind of events definitely exist), and TheBlackDragon has personally said that he doesn't use Dragooon F230(G)CF anymore. He actually asked for a tournament to be not Zero-G to avoid everyone spamming F230, and some people are opposed to using it even if they have to fight people that do.
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:14 AM)Wombat Wrote: Some people already do that. Basically the Bladers at the tournament will agree ahead of time not to use Dragooon F230(G)CF without it officially being banned. I think the Maryland people and Dr. Pepsidew have had Zero-G-minus-F230 tournaments (I may have missed people/falsely used the wrong people as examples, but these kind of events definitely exist), and TheBlackDragon has personally said that he doesn't use Dragooon F230(G)CF anymore. He actually asked for a tournament to be not Zero-G to avoid everyone spamming F230, and some people are opposed to using it even if they have to fight people that do.

Then I don't see an issue if something similar were to happen if a compromise or something had to be made. Something like every other event per region would be with or without the use of (Dragoon) F230. I honestly don't see an issue with that as it'd be the best of both worlds- both sides would really get what they want- either to use or not use the part.
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:00 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:42 PM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:17 PM)Leone19 Wrote: That's like saying some users can't use Sliding Shoot and use Attack Types or able to defeat Stamina Types. That can be said for any situation.

If it's so much more difficult and hard to master as you said, I don't see how that supports your choice of wanting to ban it, if not just anyone can spam it and win.

It wouldn't be places, but say something like every other Zero-G event a region holds would be either F230 or without, etc- so a compromise would be made rather than all of the arguing.

Because its not as good if you can't launch it correctly.
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:28 AM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:00 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:42 PM)Echizen Wrote: Well F230's launch is much more difficult. Places. XD

Because its not as good if you can't launch it correctly.

Then you're saying in order to use it's full potential, it must be launched completely correctly. So by that, you're also saying that no one can sweep an event with Dragoon F230, just because they have the parts, they also need to know how to launch it in a specific situation (bank, straight, etc.). I don't see how that really supports banning it.
Yes, but for it to be possible, the opponent would aslo need to be able to launch well to defeat the type of launch their opponent is using. It was in response to what you said about banning it in certain areas.
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:09 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Committee members have acknowledged that, in retrospect, Basalt should've been banned back then.

Yeah, and it definitely would have been if Phantom/Duo weren't released. It should have been banned until that happened.

(Jul. 10, 2014  10:09 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I really think the game would open back up to more traditional Zero-G Attack types again. Maybe we could even acknowledge that there are actually four Beyblade types in Zero-G? Tongue_out

What do you mean? I still think 'traditional' Zero-G Attack is viable. The match-up against F230 can be tough, but it is by no means a given that F230 would win. It's a toss up, really.
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:39 AM)Echizen Wrote: Yes, but for it to be possible, the opponent would aslo need to be able to launch well to defeat the type of launch their opponent is using. It was in response to what you said about banning it in certain areas.

I never said only certain areas, though:
Quote:Then I don't see an issue if something similar were to happen if a compromise or something had to be made. Something like every other event per region would be with or without the use of (Dragoon) F230. I honestly don't see an issue with that as it'd be the best of both worlds- both sides would really get what they want- either to use or not use the part.
I meant this post:

"I just want to point out, I really dont enjoy that a lot of people who say to ban it, really haven't had tournament use or play with it or even used a TT Orange F230 before. It seems like a lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon becuase popular members want it gone. F230 is not undefeatable, as Kei said- it really isn't a problem some areas, either- it isn't a problem in every single other area, either, as much as some make it to be. "
guys, to me, f230 should not be banned, there's a huge reason why!!!!!!!! there are many ways of deafeating it!!!!!!!!
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:39 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:09 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I really think the game would open back up to more traditional Zero-G Attack types again. Maybe we could even acknowledge that there are actually four Beyblade types in Zero-G? Tongue_out

What do you mean? I still think 'traditional' Zero-G Attack is viable. The match-up against F230 can be tough, but it is by no means a given that F230 would win. It's a toss up, really.

I find this to be true, at least in my experience. According to the book, I've beaten Revizer Dragooon F230CF twice with Balro Wyvang AD145GF, and lost to it once. IMO 'traditional' Zero-G Attack is the solidest way to fight Dragooon F230(G)CF. Like a battle between two equally matched Attack types, it really comes down to who hits who where.

The first time I beat it 3-2 in the Attack Stadium, and the second time I beat it 3-1 in the Defense Stadium. I lost to it 2-3 in the Balance Stadium. All three opponents used Revizer and CF. The first opponent used MSF-L, the second used a normal Face, and the third used MSF-H.

These were during a tournament if you hadn't figured that out by now, so they don't have the 20 rounds as formal tests, but they have the legitimate tournament experience where both people launched at the same time. So I hope this info counts for something.
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:49 AM)Echizen Wrote: I meant this post:

"I just want to point out, I really dont enjoy that a lot of people who say to ban it, really haven't had tournament use or play with it or even used a TT Orange F230 before. It seems like a lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon becuase popular members want it gone. F230 is not undefeatable, as Kei said- it really isn't a problem some areas, either- it isn't a problem in every single other area, either, as much as some make it to be. "

But that doesn't really involve the compromise idea I had, haha.

However, I do see what you mean and if anything, for fairness, it'd have to be put for all regions, despite that it only would effect some majorly.
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:54 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:39 AM)Kei Wrote:

I find this to be true, at least in my experience. According to my book, I've beaten Revizer Dragooon F230CF twice with Balro Wyvang AD145GF, and lost to it once. IMO 'traditional' Zero-G Attack is the solidest way to fight Dragooon F230(G)CF. Like a battle between two equally matched Attack types, it really comes down to who hits who where.

The first time I beat it 3-2 in the Attack Stadium, and the second time I beat it 3-1 in the Defense Stadium. I lost to it 2-3 in the Balance Stadium. All three opponents used Revizer and CF. The first opponent used MSF-L, the second used a normal Face, and the third used MSF-H.

These were during a tournament if you hadn't figured that out by now, so they don't have the 20 rounds as formal tests, but they have the legitimate tournament experience where both people launched at the same time. So I hope this info counts for something.
I totally agree with you, i used normal attack against dragoon f230 and i won 3-2Tongue_out
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:54 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

However, I do see what you mean and if anything, for fairness, it'd have to be put for all regions, despite that it only would effect some majorly.
"really isn't a problem some areas, either- it isn't a problem in every single other area, either, as much as some make it to be."
(Jul. 11, 2014  1:03 AM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2014  12:54 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

"really isn't a problem some areas, either- it isn't a problem in every single other area, either, as much as some make it to be."
I'm confused what you're arguing about...?

I said a few times, it'd be used for all regions, for the reason in my quoted post.
Like TBD said, not banning it because one region doesn't seem to have a problem with it is stupid. Honestly, the whole "no F230 every other tournament" idea is also a bad one because people could complain about having to use F230 or not and it also complicates things even more. '

I used to be in favor of keeping it unrestricted, but after having some tournament experience in which people decided not to use F230, I chose to being favor of a ban. The meta just opens up so much more, and it is enjoyable.
(Jul. 11, 2014  1:07 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Like TBD said, not banning it because one region doesn't seem to have a problem with it is stupid. Honestly, the whole "no F230 every other tournament" idea is also a bad one because people could complain about having to use F230 or not and it also complicates things even more. '

It's not just one region- it seems to be mixed more or less- where the issues with it are.

I don't understand why people would complain, since in reality, both sides would get what they'd want- either an environment with or without a part.

If people in general are really that closed-mined and dead set to something a shot, then maybe that's part of the problem.
I've posted my opinion on the set-up multiple times, but just to add one more voice into the argument, I advocate a ban if only because said combo completely dominates most regions and restricts the number and types of combinations that can be used in tournaments. Attack in general is pretty powerless against it, which annoys me because sway attack, or Zero G attack if that's what you want to call it, is my favorite part of the format. It's just frustrating because it really does feel like a cheap win.

F230 CF/GCF cramps creativity because it eliminates other, more risky options; one doesn't need to worry about what the opponent is using since only one specific stamina combination can potentially beat it. Sure, you can argue that the part requires "skill," but to what extent is skill involved? If highly unexperienced players can beat very competitive ones using it, should we just assume that their "skill" was the reason?
(Jul. 11, 2014  1:20 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I've posted my opinion on the set-up multiple times, but just to add one more voice into the argument, I advocate a ban if only because said combo completely dominates most regions and restricts the number and types of combinations that can be used in tournaments. Attack in general is pretty powerless against it, which annoys me because sway attack, or Zero G attack if that's what you want to call it, is my favorite part of the format. It's just frustrating because it really does feel like a cheap win.

But Sway or Zero-G Attack is one of the most efficient ways to defeat Dragoon F230.

What Wombat posted shows that, as well.

I can't remember where I posted them, but I think while back if I remember correctly, I got results for a GF-based Sway Attacker (Zero-G Attacker) that got pretty good results against Dragoon F230, but was dismissed because it was too inconsistent, since it was a Zero-G/Sway Attacker.
Eh. Every time I've tried it, it's failed miserably because for some reason CF & GCF seem to get stuck on the edge of the hole or just narrowly avoid it 0.o

Another point: How many people who attend tournaments regularly & don't own a TT orange F230 want it to remain legal?
(Jul. 11, 2014  1:29 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Eh. Every time I've tried it, it's failed miserably because for some reason CF & GCF seem to get stuck on the edge of the hole or just narrowly avoid it 0.o

It might just depend on the launch/er, in that case, though.
Honestly I'd like to to see who is actually still in favor of keeping it unbanned. Right now Leone19 you seem to be the only one who is supporting your side and actually has tournament experience.
(Jul. 11, 2014  1:35 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Honestly I'd like to to see who is actually still in favor of keeping it unbanned. Right now Leone19 you seem to be the only one who is supporting your side and actually has tournament experience.

I know quite a few who are undefined/uncertain at this point in the argument, but I'd rather not call anyone out.
Kurokihime/Thunder Dome wanted it to be unbanned.