The 2nd WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Tag Teams!

Let me guess, Sonicsora hasn't sent his in has he? *Sigh* I don't think he comes on the WBO anymore.

I'd like to withdraw. I don't think these competitions are what writing's about. A story should be planned out and should have been thought ahead inorder to flow whereas these topics could stuff this up. A chapter can't be done in a pages length and working with someone else on the same story can contradict each others ideas.
Good luck to the rest of you guys.
Not necessarily. Even professional authors can end up having to do things on short notice. The ability to adjust from being planned out to spontaneous is a major part of writing, because eventually you'll have a flash of inspiration, but nothing to write it on, so you'll just type it. (Every day for me.) But anyways, too bad. Also: One of the main focuses of the tournament and voting is that a person who uses a specific theme in a cliche way every time would definitely lose, while someone who thinks outside the box will likely garner a few votes. It seems contradictory, but it works. Plus, another focus was how to avoid clashes of interest/idea. How do you adjust to a teammate's idea? Like Nwolf and I just decided on two characters, and each character would be told differently. Like his character is 3rd person and speaks properly (And uses dialogue much like the book 'Feed'), while mine is first and uses a lot of shortened words and separated dialogue. That way, we could do what we wanted with character development and dialogue, and we wouldn't have to adjust our writing styles. It's a matter of creativity. But alas, I can't change your mind. Hopefully you'll reconsider, but until then.
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:27 PM)Aura Wrote: Nope. I haven't forgotten. Sparta gave us a couple of more days.
How many? Please send the draft to me ASAP, I need it.
@ Temporal, professional authors writing their own books theme their own chapters and have complete freedom over what they write. They may want to change a couple of things as they want to go along but are never forced. The editor or publisher may disagree with it but it is always the author's decision.

And I just don't think that writing was ever meant to be written by two authors when done professionally. I believe in author and illustrator but two writers just seems contradictory to each others abilities. Maybe getting inspiration or ideas from a friend but not "I right a chapter you right a chapter".

My last point is that writing usually not comparable. If you have 2 perfectly edited stories without spelling or grammatical errors and a well developed storyline it just becomes a choice of what the reader likes. E.g. I would pretty much always choose a fantasy novel over romance whereas some would choose the other way around. And then their is the target audience. These themes are a bit too open so it is hard to compare them but it's a bit too suppressed I think to be changing throughout the same story. There isn't this problem with things like GFX because the two images are easily comparable and it is whatever creates the feeling of the theme better while executed well.

These are just my views on writing, and I know that you others may have other views to mine and you are entitled to those views.
(Oct. 24, 2011  2:13 PM)crystalmw2noob Wrote: plz check my story out

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-beyblade...#pid821428

Stop spamming writing threads. This thread is for the writing tournament. Put the link in your signature or something.
(Oct. 24, 2011  1:56 PM)RowDog Wrote: These are just my views on writing, and I know that you others may have other views to mine and you are entitled to those views.

That was so mature. Really dude, how old are you? Haha Tongue_out

You can do what you want, but I personally think it's just kinda bad etiquette to quit in the middle of something. At least make an attempt to continue, but if you really feel you don't think you can do it without your partner then you can quit. That's my view.
(Oct. 24, 2011  8:04 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2011  1:56 PM)RowDog Wrote: These are just my views on writing, and I know that you others may have other views to mine and you are entitled to those views.

That was so mature. Really dude, how old are you? Haha Tongue_out

You can do what you want, but I personally think it's just kinda bad etiquette to quit in the middle of something. At least make an attempt to continue, but if you really feel you don't think you can do it without your partner then you can quit. That's my view.
I guess I didn't know what I signed up for. I thought these tournaments sounded kinda cool but I guess my views changed now that I've signed up and seen what is really like.

I guess another thing is I am really lazy and can't keep up with these things, hah. I often leave entries to the last minute and rush it :\.

Anyways, I will probably still vote here and there.
Good luck guys!
So, anyone who doesn't submit their entry by the end of the day is disqualified, correct? Which means we should be able to start voting tomorrow night, if Sparta has free time. Hopefully Halloween will be an adequate deadline.
Which is bad because I only have like 3 entries.

C'mon guys! Get writing!
Lol, really? What are you gonna do if neither team sends it in?
Carp carp CARP!!! I was being my lazy-self again! I'll have it by tomorrow, hopefully...
Uh...guys...just so all of you know, you should all be disqualified...you're 6 days late...
all except me and temporal and some others!
I entries from Ripples team, Nwolfs and mine. That's it.

EDIT: And Noodoo's entry.
I'm SO sorry! I should really punch myself right now! I just had to get my mom pissed and ground me. I suck. I really suck...
Er...well wait, how come you're still talking if she took away your computer?

Just try to type it up with whatever you're using and send it to me...because you don't have word I'll put it in mine and correct spelling errors for you...nothing you can do so I'll give you a free pass on that one.
Eh, all I can type is about a paragraph on here, though I don't know why... I'll definitely have it by tomorrow night, and I MAY have it today... Oh, and I'm on my PS3, and she doesn't know it has a browser. Not everyone can sneak iPads around everywhere...
Oh, you still remember that? Haha, yeah guess not. Just get it in to me when you can.

Now, where's Aura...
Haven't seen him. Not even on PenPad. This is starting to fall apart. Who's sent theirs in, and who has full matchups done? (Guessing nobody.)
My team has sent ours in, and so has Sparta; that's one match! Tongue_out
Waiting for Titan. I'm pretty confident about this one. This time, I'm sure that we'll win. Nwolf's part was pretty good, and I think I outdid myself. Especially with the twist part. THAT was something I excelled at. (I'm thinking of keeping my parts of the entries and making a novella with it once WtAS, Corporeal, and Temporal Shift is done. and yes, I have a story in the works with my name in it. Got a problem with that?)
pretty good? I better up my game then...
@ND OK! Yeah, I'll post our thread.
Temporal Haha nice. Bring it on.

So, I still wait on entries from TITAN and...Aura's team. I have entries from Temporal, Noodoo, Ripple, and my team.
Ugh....I have to submit now eh? Sigh.....After this battle, I'm redrawing. I seriously cannot handle this by myself. I am quite busy.