The 2nd WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Tag Teams!

Well, Aura just withdrew as well.

Fantastic. So we lost 3 teams in 2 days.

Really, guys? C'mon! You wouldn't tell your coach you can't come to games and practice because you're busy, right? Well, I guess this isn't really comparable to sports, but it isn't fair to me. People did this last tourney, too. Now I have to reshuffle the setup, find places to put people...actually, I only have 4 entries. So that's it, 2 battles this round, and then the finals.
WAIT! HOLD DA PHONE! MAH TEAM AIN'T QUITTIN'! I'll have it by five thirty, and if not, do whatever you want.
So, our battle's going up right? Chief 2002 - Hmm ...
Yeah it is, just gimme a few. Today's my birthday so I'll post it tomorrow.
(Oct. 27, 2011  6:01 PM)Sparta Wrote: Well, Aura just withdrew as well.

Fantastic. So we lost 3 teams in 2 days.

Really, guys? C'mon! You wouldn't tell your coach you can't come to games and practice because you're busy, right? Well, I guess this isn't really comparable to sports, but it isn't fair to me. People did this last tourney, too. Now I have to reshuffle the setup, find places to put people...actually, I only have 4 entries. So that's it, 2 battles this round, and then the finals.

Oh, so they ran away from my fearsome writing skills? Well, the pool of people for Nwolf and I to pound just got smaller. (Kidding. Pounding is too soft a word.) Kidding again.
(Oct. 27, 2011  10:03 PM)Sparta Wrote: Yeah it is, just gimme a few. Today's my birthday so I'll post it tomorrow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I tried to give you a tweet, but Twitter screwed up...

Well, because of a boxer, I couldn't write, but Swift is supposedly working on it.
(Oct. 27, 2011  10:03 PM)Sparta Wrote: Yeah it is, just gimme a few. Today's my birthday so I'll post it tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Sparta! And I'm sorry to here that so many of the teams have already dropped out. Unhappy Oh well. Thanks for the update!

Ack. I actually knew that. Sorry. Happy birthday! (And hopefully the Rangers pull one out their arse.)
So, when are the threads going to be up?
Neither myself or Swift are able to write it so I guess we'll stop wasting your time and forfeit (Unless we're already DQed).
This is just falling apart... Unhappy
Don't remind me Uncertain

Well, all of the teams are quitting. Quitters.

Should we just bag it?
I don't think it's really fair to the teams who put in the effort.
(Oct. 29, 2011  11:55 PM)Sparta Wrote: Don't remind me Uncertain

Should we just bag it?

We did NOT quit. Swift and I put forth our best efforts, but school got in the way. And we "quit" so you could continue the tournament and not have to wait for us. At least we tried!!!
And I was really looking forwards to our battle... Uncertain
Right. So you "quit" halfway through then.

Sorry man, no matter how you say it you dropped from the tournament. You said you would make a commitment to this and you didn't quite follow through. Uncertain

I'll try to continue, but we only have 4 teams left-all of which are undefeated. So I guess we can still have a few more rounds. I'll post the thread for my battle with Noodoo.
Then I play the remaining team, then? This'll be odd.
Well, since all 4 are undefeated you'll face either the winner or the loser of my battle-depending on if you win or lose.

And even then...say you lose, win against the loser of my battle, and face the winner of their battle, you will have to beat that team twice because they have never lost.

So it'll still be a long tourney. OK! We can still do this!
(Oct. 30, 2011  1:59 AM)TITAN Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2011  11:55 PM)Sparta Wrote: Don't remind me Uncertain

Should we just bag it?

We did NOT quit. Swift and I put forth our best efforts, but school got in the way. And we "quit" so you could continue the tournament and not have to wait for us. At least we tried!!!

He's just frustrated. Frankly, I am too. I'm busy too. I have essays, research, NaNoWriMo, more essays, and a GPA to maintain. Hell, I have to develop a theory on the existence of quarks and their relation to possible time-travel. (Personal project of mine. I will find SOMETHING.) I. Am. Busy. I'm not pulling out though; I have a title to defend. Sparta has every right to be angry. But that's neither here nor there. Let's get this going!
(Oct. 30, 2011  3:51 AM)Temporal Wrote: I'm not pulling out though; I have a title to defend.

And Mr. N and I have a title to gain Cool .
Oh, you WISH. I'll whup you like...well, EVERYONE'S done the Dolphins this year.
Hey, we won't go down without a fight Tongue_out_wink
Okay, this happened in the first tournament too. This is the last time I say anything, but this isn't fair. We're being robbed of good matchups, and a chance to show what we can do. Think of what quitting did. Quitting means fewer rounds. Fewer rounds means shorter stories. Shorter stories means rushed chapters. Rushed chapters means mistakes. Mistakes mean bad matches. Bad matches mean fewer votes. Fewer votes mean more deadlines. More deadlines means we don't see who's the better writer. That means the whole thing is pointless. See how that goes? No more quitting. I'm honestly contemplating a possible consequence for unnecessary quitting on PenPad. Besides, someone has to redo the brackets, based on SKILL, not chance now. Thus, the loser's bracket has, what, a 10% chance of winning, if not less?
Ugh.....I can still do the last one but unless I find a partner and another team for a replacement, I doubt it.
(Oct. 30, 2011  9:19 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Ugh.....I can still do this but unless I find a partner and another team for a replacement, I doubt it. I can ask Izuma but....I don't think we could find another team.

Izuma has agreed. So now....I'll work on the entry.