[Takara Tomy]  Hell Salamander Testing Thread

Another test @[LazerBeamz] and I did with the timestamp included!

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 7Proof Destroy (Weak Sliding Shoot) vs. Archer Hercules 10 Bearing (Weak): KJ & LazerBeamz (Wombat) - Timestamp
- hS.7P.Ds: 7 OS (70% Win Rate)
- aH.10.Br: 3 OS (30% Win Rate)
Here are some tests Lazer and I did today.

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Bump Bearing (Weak) vs. Forneus F4 7Bump Bearing (Weak): KJ & LazerBeamz
- hS.0B.Br: 2 OS (20% Win Rate)
- F4.7B.Br: 8 OS (80% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Bump Bearing (Weak) vs. Regulus R3 7Bump Bearing (Weak): KJ & LazerBeamz
- hS.0B.Br: 5 OS (50% Win Rate)
- R3.7B.Br: 5 OS (50% Win Rate)
(Nov. 25, 2018  1:23 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here are some tests Lazer and I did today.

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Bump Bearing (Weak) vs. Forneus F4 7Bump Bearing (Weak): KJ & LazerBeamz

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Bump Bearing (Weak) vs. Regulus R3 7Bump Bearing (Weak): KJ & LazerBeamz
XD... F4 did well because of the weight...Am I right?
(Nov. 25, 2018  1:48 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2018  1:23 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here are some tests Lazer and I did today.

XD... F4 did well because of the weight...Am I right?

Exactly. What the Salamander just happened?
In other words, lighter beyblades have an advantage in opposite spin stamina match-ups. We already knew that. Moving on

We actually had a sR vs hS match very similar to this at our last Burst tournament.  Very interesting test, most expected hS to just win and it actually did not.  Good to know.
(Nov. 25, 2018  1:57 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: In other words, lighter beyblades have an advantage in opposite spin stamina match-ups. We already knew that. Moving on

Except that it's false? Heavier Beyblades have the advantage in opposite spin stamina matchups. Why do you think things like Dragooon from MFB were so great, or how every time there has been a "bad" metagame in Burst the problem has been a left spin Layer that's heavier than everything else?
(Nov. 25, 2018  1:57 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: In other words, lighter beyblades have an advantage in opposite spin stamina match-ups. We already knew that. Moving on

That only applies to spin stealing beys. You need, according to good ol' Newton from Physics class, lesser force to create a difference in speed of a lighter object. And if the object is heavier, it takes more force. And coincidentally, that's the same reason why, heavy beys are also dominant. It takes more force to stop them. 

But in a Heavy VS Light battle, heavy is more likely to win it... (not always...)
(Nov. 25, 2018  7:40 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:

That only applies to spin stealing beys. You need, according to good ol' Newton from Physics class, lesser force to create a difference in speed of a lighter object. And if the object is heavier, it takes more force. And coincidentally, that's the same reason why, heavy beys are also dominant. It takes more force to stop them. 

But in a Heavy VS Light battle, heavy is more likely to win it... (not always...)

So a Geist Fafnir 11 Eternal vs Dead Hades 0Lift Octa battle would lead to Geist Fafnir stealing a lot of spin if it could stay in the stadium?
(Nov. 25, 2018  10:42 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2018  7:40 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: That only applies to spin stealing beys. You need, according to good ol' Newton from Physics class, lesser force to create a difference in speed of a lighter object. And if the object is heavier, it takes more force. And coincidentally, that's the same reason why, heavy beys are also dominant. It takes more force to stop them. 

So a Geist Fafnir 11 Eternal vs Dead Hades 0Lift Octa battle would lead to Geist Fafnir stealing a lot of spin if it could stay in the stadium?

I'd say yes, but you're taking it to the extreme there with part choice, or should I say Xtreme? Also, I think 12 is lighter? Someone check that for me.
(Nov. 25, 2018  10:42 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2018  7:40 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: That only applies to spin stealing beys. You need, according to good ol' Newton from Physics class, lesser force to create a difference in speed of a lighter object. And if the object is heavier, it takes more force. And coincidentally, that's the same reason why, heavy beys are also dominant. It takes more force to stop them. 

Isnt gFs rubber literally plastic?
(Nov. 26, 2018  12:59 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2018  10:42 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: So a Geist Fafnir 11 Eternal vs Dead Hades 0Lift Octa battle would lead to Geist Fafnir stealing a lot of spin if it could stay in the stadium?
Isnt gFs rubber literally plastic?

Nope. If it was all plastic it probably wouldn't be able to spin steal as much as it can now
(Nov. 25, 2018  11:01 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2018  10:42 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: So a Geist Fafnir 11 Eternal vs Dead Hades 0Lift Octa battle would lead to Geist Fafnir stealing a lot of spin if it could stay in the stadium?

I'd say yes, but you're taking it to the extreme there with part choice, or should I say Xtreme? Also, I think 12 is lighter? Someone check that for me.

12 is the lightest disk on the planet Smile
Everyone, you know how there's a difference with the RB aH and the original? Is there a difference between the RB hS and the original as well?
I tested hell salamander with 7, meteor, and destroy, and it wins against nightmare longinus with destroy and maximus garuda 95% of the time, as well as winning valkyrie with 7, meteor, and xtreme 90% of the time

Around 100 trials each
(Jan. 01, 2019  12:36 AM)thunderlight8 Wrote: I tested hell salamander with 7, meteor, and destroy, and it wins against nightmare longinus with destroy and maximus garuda 95% of the time, as well as winning valkyrie with 7, meteor, and xtreme 90% of the time

Around 100 trials each

100 TRIALS EACH?!
What a madlad!
I wonder how your Salmander is really well yet when 8 use it it has horrible burst resistance. I faced it against Z achilles 7 destroy and it burst even with bearing and soft launches.
plz do HS 11 revolve vs DH 0B AT
I was thinking that maybe keeping Hell Salamander in Attack Mode would be a fair nerf.

Hell Salamander (Defense Mode) 0 Atomic vs. Winning Valkyrie 10 Xtreme
hS: 14 SF 1 KO
wV: 5 KO
Winning Valkyrie Win Rate: 20%

Hell Salamander (Defense Mode) 0 Atomic vs. Bloody Longinus 10 Xtreme
hS: 10 SF, 2 KO
bL: 4 KO, 2 SF, 2 Burst
Bloody Longinus Win Rate: 40%

Hell Salamander (Attack Mode) 0 Atomic vs. Winning Valkyrie 10 Xtreme
hS: 11 SF, 1 KO, 1 Burst
wV: 7 KO
Winning Valkyrie Win Rate: 35%