[Takara Tomy]  DB Parts Tier List

Just a thread for ranking the DB Parts on performance and use in the meta, feel free to discuss the list if you don't quite agree.
Tier One (Most Viable Parts)
DB Cores: Perseus, Fafnir, Belial, Bahamut, Spriggan, Valkyrie
Armours: 2, 3, 6, 10, 0
DB Blades: Dynamite (F), Vanish, Roar, Savior (Worn), Cyclone, Astral!
DB Discs: Giga, Tapered, Over, Nexus (S)!
DB Drivers: Never, Metal Xtreme
Tier Two(Less Viable Parts, but still usable)
DB Cores: Ragnaruk
Armours: 7
DB Blades: Dynamite (F) (H), Vanish (H), Roar (H), Savior (Unworn)
DB Discs: Nexus
DB Drivers: Venture, Kick, Moment!, Wave', Venture (V), High Hold', Quattro!
Tier Three (Not Viable Parts)
DB Cores: NA
Armours: NA
DB Blades: Dynamite, Cyclone (H), Dynamite (H)
DB Discs: NA
DB Drivers: Shot, Metal Survive
Ranks Pending:
Devil!
Devil (H)!
Savior (Worn) (H)!
Savior (H)!
Astral (H)!
If you possess a part in the "Ranks Pending" section, do post here and give your opinion on which Tier it should be in.
H: High mode
!: Rank might be changed as new combinations/use comes out
Predictions:
Guilty: Tier One. Looks Like it has awesome attack.
Metal Destroy: Tier One. With the release of Bahamut Metal drivers are usable, so this one will be Tier One.
Dynamite (L) (or Belial (L)??): Tier Two. The L gear looks like it's a special armour and probably can't b used in low mode. Low mode is better, so I don't think it will be very popular and competitive.
Last Updated: Aug 17 21
I do not have venture-v or savior, but from videos savior is horrible at burst resistance, bad stamina, bad defense, and decent attack so from what I know I believe that savior should be beside the dynamite blade in tier three.
A bit surprised you would put 6,3, and 10 in tier one considering 2 is the heaviest armor and therefore the best armor currently out.
(Jul. 24, 2021  1:54 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I do not have venture-v or savior, but from videos savior is horrible at burst resistance, bad stamina, bad defense, and decent attack so from what I know I believe that savior should be beside the dynamite blade in tier three.
I think he's only talking about the Savior Blade, not the whole Bey itself. Savior showed to be good, especially awakened. So I would put it in Tier one beside Dynamite (F-Gear) and Vanish.
I would replace kick with shot as kick is supposed to be a stamina driver but it has literally none!
Shot is risky but can be good if you use it right.
Why are you ranking Dynamite so low? Sure, it's less viable than its F-Gear counterpart, but it's still viable and I think should be at Tier 2. And as BuilderROB said above, 2 is one of, if not the best Armor we have due to its weight and OWD, so I'd out that at Tier 1.
Btw, where do Roar and Moment fall here? You didn't mention either for some reason.
You are most definitely wrong about Valkyrie chip. It increases defense by using the bound gimmick.
(Jul. 24, 2021  11:24 AM)g2_ Wrote: You are most definitely wrong about Valkyrie chip. It increases defense by using the bound gimmick.

But wouldn't the rebounding put stress on the teeth? They're not even that many, and I think that's what makes it so prone to Bursting (unless the lock on Shot is the problem, idk)
(Jul. 24, 2021  11:27 AM)PinkRose Wrote: But wouldn't the rebounding put stress on the teeth? They're not even that many, and I think that's what makes it so prone to Bursting (unless the lock on Shot is the problem, idk)

The savior blade is actually the main problem here it can't handle it's own recoil. our hope on making savior save to play here is If tt make a right spin bahamut like core
(Jul. 24, 2021  1:15 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  11:27 AM)PinkRose Wrote: But wouldn't the rebounding put stress on the teeth? They're not even that many, and I think that's what makes it so prone to Bursting (unless the lock on Shot is the problem, idk)

The savior blade is actually the main problem here it can't handle it's own recoil. our hope on making savior save to play here is If tt make  a right spin  bahamut like core
yeah due to its amount of rubber (that i speculated) it cant take its own recoil
(Jul. 24, 2021  1:54 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: bad stamina, bad defense

Just saying, these are rather silly to mention for an attack type part.
(Jul. 24, 2021  2:01 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: A bit surprised you would put 6,3, and 10 in tier one considering 2 is the heaviest armor and therefore the best armor currently out.

But don't 6 and 10 have slightly better weight distribution? I thought the general consensus was that the differences between 2,6,10 are negligible and you should use whichever one your bey is better balanced with (or whichever one fits the color scheme better).

3 being slightly unbalanced helps balance the also slightly unbalanced F-gear, you place the armor so that the half with 1 sticker aligns with the fatter rubber wing of F-gear.
I would put cyclone a little higher as it is very good and have very good combos
like Cyclone Belial Giga Zone'+z 6
(Jul. 24, 2021  2:17 PM)tubitr Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  2:01 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: A bit surprised you would put 6,3, and 10 in tier one considering 2 is the heaviest armor and therefore the best armor currently out.

But don't 6 and 10 have slightly better weight distribution? I thought the general consensus was that the differences between 2,6,10 are negligible and you should use whichever one your bey is better balanced with (or whichever one fits the color scheme better).

3 being slightly unbalanced helps balance the also slightly unbalanced F-gear, you place the armor so that the half with 1 sticker aligns with the fatter rubber wing of F-gear.

Everyone in the competitive scene uses 2 since it’s considered the heaviest. Technically the differences are negligible, but a slight weight advantage is still an advantage. I haven’t heard 3 being used on dynamite with the F Gear, it’s always 2 that’s usually used around here.
(Jul. 24, 2021  2:34 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Everyone in the competitive scene uses 2 since it’s considered the heaviest. Technically the differences are negligible, but a slight weight advantage is still an advantage. I haven’t heard 3 being used on dynamite with the F Gear, it’s always 2 that’s usually used around here.

Keep in mind that 6 and 10 are random booster only parts so less people have them.

Looking at the winning combos page 2,3,6,10 all have a decent amount of rep;

-At "high park throwdown": Kei used 10 and 6, Zankye used 6 and 3, Tahoor used 2 and 3 (The 3's were all on Dynamite, Tahoor was using Fafnir over Bahamut so they probs don't have 10/RB26)

- At "Allen's first spin move and Hayleigh's birthday bash": Ardmore Bladers used 6, The Supreme One and ajl blader used 2 on their Dynamites. (They all used Master/world as their left spins so they might not have 3/Vanish)

- At "Blading at The Lake" and "Vero Beach Blading 1": Again there's a healthy mix of 2,3,6 and 10. You can check for yourself, it's all on the last 3 pages of winning combos

Edit: Here's 2 videos comparing 2 vs 6 and 10 vs 6 (6 looks marginally better but it might be just because the tester has a good 6):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77gOeHYus4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onaToL8RSho
(Jul. 24, 2021  1:22 PM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  1:54 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: bad stamina, bad defense

Just saying, these are rather silly to mention for an attack type part.

True, but what about tempest? It’s an attack ring but defensive. And imperial? It’s an attack base but it has insane stamina. And there are stamina and attack hybrids like twin nemesis and bloody Longinus.
Venture-V is very good. From my testing the LAD is pretty even with xtend+. It will tie with bearing often.
Just saw the comments and I will edit accordingly - also wait 2 is the heaviest armour??? Wow I didn't know that. J don't have other arnours, but I thought 10 will be heavier

So changes I have made: alret me if I made some mistakes.
Roar has been added to tier One
Moment has been added to tier Two
Valkyries rank remains at tier Two as it's still generally pending, but no chip should be classified as uncompetitive so I put it at two.
Cyclone: I've heard some good things about it's attack and the recent Cyclone Giga Assault' combo, I will be testing it. I ranked it tier Two based on it's stamina as it is extremely easy to destabilize, to a dangerous degree sometimes. So I rank it not as safe as something like dynamite (F)
Also - not enough mainstream bladers have cyclone in the deck - which could mean two things. It's underrated, or theres better. I for one will not be convinced until I test it - soon as possible
Dynamite is that low because from testing while the stock does really well as an Attack-stamina hybrid (especially after adding Giga) the raw attack of the layer is lacking, the stamina is inferior based on the F gear alone. Hence my low ranking of it, I haven't heard of a niche combo that rivals competitive combos yet.
7 armour is tier 2 cos I haven't seen a good enuf combo that can use 7 exclusively without being replaced.
Kick has good stamina.
For the newer parts especially a lot will be changed once more tournaments come out as some of these haven't been seen in the competitve scene yet

(Jul. 24, 2021  6:51 PM)Lean\s_Hedgehog Wrote: Venture-V is very good. From my testing the LAD is pretty even with xtend+. It will tie with bearing often.

Interesting. It could make for interesting Attack-stamina hybrids on something like Cyclone! But I'll put it as pending first because not enough data about whether it can compete with attack, good enough defence, stamina can be seen yet

Savior is in pending as I'm not sure how it'll do over something like rage - waiting for tournaments to come out

I also added the high mode counterparts because so far everything seems like it's better in low mode, who's to say that there won't be exceptions?
(Jul. 24, 2021  11:27 AM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  11:24 AM)g2_ Wrote: You are most definitely wrong about Valkyrie chip. It increases defense by using the bound gimmick.

But wouldn't the rebounding put stress on the teeth? They're not even that many, and I think that's what makes it so prone to Bursting (unless the lock on Shot is the problem, idk)

Valkyrie’s rebound gimmick actually doesn’t seem to do that. With its weight plus its rebound gimmick, for both stamina and attack combos (Savior specifically), I would call it a top tier core.
Hold up metal xtreme tier one? It's not even released yet. I guess you could extrapolate but from what I've heard about the other metal drivers it should really be tier two.
From what I've seen Xtreme/Xtreme' is one of the best attack drivers. Metal Xtreme would be right there with them considering that the Metal series drivers have tighter springs and harder locks with the trade off being teeth wear. The trade off doesn't negate the capabilities. All of that to say I think it's completely fair to put MX in the Tier One list.
In my opinion Metal Xtreme is top tier because of Bahamut’s rubber teeth that won’t wear, plus a new version of rage coming soon, that could make a heck of a combo.
(Jul. 27, 2021  5:43 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

Valkyrie’s rebound gimmick actually doesn’t seem to do that. With its weight plus its rebound gimmick, for both stamina and attack combos (Savior specifically), I would call it a top tier core.

Rebound doesn’t help anything. Valkyrie is worse than Belial.
(Jul. 27, 2021  8:34 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2021  5:43 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Valkyrie’s rebound gimmick actually doesn’t seem to do that. With its weight plus its rebound gimmick, for both stamina and attack combos (Savior specifically), I would call it a top tier core.

Rebound doesn’t help anything. Valkyrie is worse than Belial.
As someone who owns this part as well as a TT standard stadium for testing, I can actually disprove this.

Although it could be weight, I’ve tested Dynamite Valkyrie Giga Drift-2 against (MCC) Tempest Solomon Wheel Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) 1S. With a good launch at an angle, I’m able to OS tempest on Xtend+, and this isn’t me alternating launches. I had someone else help me launch, and I even made sure their launch wasn’t weak.

The second piece of evidence that disproves this is that Zankye was able to prevent Savior from bursting by using the Valkyrie core over cores such as Belial and Ragnaruk over on his second channel for testing. I even have a friend (#Fafnir to name names) who tried the Valkyrie core after trying other ones, and he says his Savior stopped bursting when he used the Valkyrie core. I think it’s safe to say Valkyrie is the current best right spin core out right now (well besides Perseus).
(Jul. 27, 2021  8:34 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Rebound doesn’t help anything. Valkyrie is worse than Belial.

It's the best chip for Saviour, actually does help it burst less.

With Valkryie:
https://youtu.be/1aKJq7nOx2w

With Belial:
https://youtu.be/yf44sUgiW8Y