[Takara Tomy]  Ark Bahamut Testing

yes that should do the job lol.
oh whoops, did 4G for aB...sorry

but it still had a 50% win rate lol

testing soft launched aB same combos now...
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:09 PM)Dragunix Wrote: oh whoops, did 4G for aB...sorry

Eh in that case just post result lol. no need wear em more.

BTW 50% against nL? that impressive. 7G can make it even better
lol

wish sT held up as well with hard launch, but then again, it did get 80% against nL. B. Ds on 7G. At...

(Dec. 27, 2017  5:43 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:09 PM)Dragunix Wrote: oh whoops, did 4G for aB...sorry

Eh in that case just post result lol. no need wear em more.

BTW 50% against nL? that impressive. 7G can make it even better

and idk if aB actually destabilized nL into circling and wasting stamina, or if I just screwed up. I can redo...if you believe it needs redoing...
sT is right spin. its impressive for left spin to hold upto nL. as dF can't do, aC can be good alternative
(Dec. 26, 2017  11:16 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Please do Ark Bahamut Yell Orbit vs Deep Chaos 7Bump Iron. Weak launched.
(Dec. 29, 2017  2:35 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2017  11:16 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Please do Ark Bahamut Yell Orbit vs Deep Chaos 7Bump Iron. Weak launched.

ok...I just need to say this one more time...I'm not going to do Yell

JK. I may, but it depends. Have you tested this. For real, I know you want to see results, but this would hurt aB's stamina a bit...

or rather, do you know that aB works well with this.
(Dec. 29, 2017  3:37 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2017  2:35 AM)dt1000 Wrote:

ok...I just need to say this one more time...I'm not going to do Yell

JK. I may, but it depends. Have you tested this. For real, I know you want to see results, but this would hurt aB's stamina a bit...

or rather, do you know that aB works well with this.

I wanted to give it great burst resistance, so please do Ark Bahamut Yell Atomic vs Deep Chaos 7Bump Iron so Yell provides burst resistance and LAD, and Atomic provides stamina and extra LAD.
I used Yell Atomic on dF before, and since aB has a similar diameter, I can tell you the LAD isn't as good as _G. combos.
Also dC on iron isnt competitive
(Dec. 29, 2017  5:13 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I used Yell Atomic on dF before, and since aB has a similar diameter, I can tell you the LAD isn't as good as _G. combos.

Can you please do Ark Bahamut 4Glaive Atomic vs Deep Chaos 7Glaive Atomic to see how well it can resist destabilization. Launch aB weak, but strong enough that it is stabile.
(Jan. 03, 2018  3:20 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2017  5:13 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I used Yell Atomic on dF before, and since aB has a similar diameter, I can tell you the LAD isn't as good as _G. combos.

Can you please do Ark Bahamut 4Glaive Atomic vs Deep Chaos 7Glaive Atomic to see how well it can resist destabilization. Launch aB weak, but strong enough that it is stabile.
aB's atomic on aB or dC? aB's included driver was a kinda sticky atomic, so I need to ask this
well, I found ark bahamut a easy first against left spinners.
(Jan. 03, 2018  6:03 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2018  3:20 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Can you please do Ark Bahamut 4Glaive Atomic vs Deep Chaos 7Glaive Atomic to see how well it can resist destabilization. Launch aB weak, but strong enough that it is stabile.
aB's atomic on aB or dC? aB's included driver was a kinda sticky atomic, so I need to ask this

Sticky one on aB, normal on dC.
So when I was trying out Ark Bahamut for the first time I noticed three things about it that defined its performance:
  1. When weak launched, Attack types tended to self-burst against it (in both spin directions, even nL and left spin lS struggled against it),
  2. In a mirror match against Drain Fafnir, Bahamut would outspin it as long as it didn't burst, meaning that it has better raw Stamina than dF, and
  3. It was noticeably worse at spin-equalizing than dF, as in it could not OS right spin Atomic combos on Atomic/Destroy as consistently as dF could.
So I tried to come up with a combo capable of outspinning dF combos (its prime weakness/competitor) reliably without bursting, since it could already handle Attack fairly well on Atomic. Precession/LAD was not a huge issue in this scenario, since aB cannot even outspin right-spin combos on the same Disk/Driver setup like dF can.

The combo I finally came up with yesterday was Ark Bahamut Knuckle/7 Revolve, designed to work similarly to dF.S/Y.R from the mid-2017 era.

Testing Conditions
  • B-09 Stadium Mold 1
  • aB.K/7.R used with tightest God Chip & Balance tuned, dF.7G.At balance tuned (they happened to share the same tightest God Chip)
  • aB always launched first, straight shot at 100% power
  • dF always sliding shot at 100% power for best chance at bursting aB/destabilizing Revolve
  • Beylauncher LR used

Ark Bahamut Knuckle Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Atomic
aB.K.R: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 Burst)
dF.7G.At: 12 wins (8 OS, 4 Burst)
2 or 3 ties redone (don't remember exact number, all double OS)
Ark Bahamut win rate: 40%
Average aB Teeth skipped: 1.6

It seemed decent, keep in mind aB was always launched first OSing dF about half the time could translate to a better winrate against another player, and it would only really burst if I nailed the launch with dF. What was bizarre to me however, was that most of these outspins were not very close despite how even they seemed to be percentage wise (meaning, one would usually outspin the other with plenty of spin left, but 7 to 8 is a pretty even match in terms of who gets the outspin if that makes sense).

Ark Bahamut 7 Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Atomic
aB.7.R: 1 win (OS)
dF.7G.At: 19 wins (2 KO, 11 OS, 6 Burst)
Ark Bahamut win rate: 5%
Average aB Teeth skipped: 2.3

Not sure why, but 7 got completely trashed here. Most of the time dF had plenty of spin left after OSing aB, maybe my best-balance aB.K.R just has more Stamina than my best-balance aB.7.R, or maybe 7 is just easier to destabilize since it's a bit more compact than Knuckle.

After this, I tried changing aB's Driver to Orbit to help against the destabilization and bursting issues. The first combo I tried was aB.D.O, but I only played about 5 or 6 rounds before scrapping the test. aB barely skipped any Teeth, but Down just doesn't have the Stamina to compete anymore and it was getting outspun even worse than aB.7.R was. Changed the Disk to 7G to see if that would fix things.

Ark Bahamut 7Glaive Orbit vs. Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Atomic
aB.7G.O: 4 wins (all OS)
dF.7G.At: 16 wins (15 OS, 1 Burst)
1 tie (DBF) redone
Ark Bahamut win rate: 20%
Average aB Teeth skipped: 1.2

It seemed like the difference in Stamina between aB and dF wasn't enough to overcompensate for the difference in Stamina between Atomic and Orbit. A lot of these were close, but Atomic would usually get the last rotation thanks to its amazing precession on its ring. Not entirely sure how the burst happened, there was like 3 small hits toward the beginning of the battle and aB just blew up.

I'm pretty confident in aB's uselessness after these tests, it wasn't too great at filling the one role I thought it had potential in (dF hard counter), and I don't think there's anything it can do that dF can't do better (except maybe beat left spin Attack, but I was still getting passable results vs nL and lS with a weak launched dF).
so basically aB just has good defense(comparable to df defense wise) but loses to dF combos and right spin atomic.
(Jan. 06, 2018  7:28 AM)Wombat Wrote: So when I was trying out Ark Bahamut for the first time I noticed three things about it that defined its performance:
  1. When weak launched, Attack types tended to self-burst against it (in both spin directions, even nL and left spin lS struggled against it),
  2. In a mirror match against Drain Fafnir, Bahamut would outspin it as long as it didn't burst, meaning that it has better raw Stamina than dF, and
  3. It was noticeably worse at spin-equalizing than dF, as in it could not OS right spin Atomic combos on Atomic/Destroy as consistently as dF could.
So I tried to come up with a combo capable of outspinning dF combos (its prime weakness/competitor) reliably without bursting, since it could already handle Attack fairly well on Atomic. Precession/LAD was not a huge issue in this scenario, since aB cannot even outspin right-spin combos on the same Disk/Driver setup like dF can.

The combo I finally came up with yesterday was Ark Bahamut Knuckle/7 Revolve, designed to work similarly to dF.S/Y.R from the mid-2017 era.

Testing Conditions
  • B-09 Stadium Mold 1
  • aB.K/7.R used with tightest God Chip & Balance tuned, dF.7G.At balance tuned (they happened to share the same tightest God Chip)
  • aB always launched first, straight shot at 100% power
  • dF always sliding shot at 100% power for best chance at bursting aB/destabilizing Revolve
  • Beylauncher LR used

Ark Bahamut Knuckle Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Atomic
aB.K.R: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 Burst)
dF.7G.At: 12 wins (8 OS, 4 Burst)
2 or 3 ties redone (don't remember exact number, all double OS)
Ark Bahamut win rate: 40%
Average aB Teeth skipped: 1.6

It seemed decent, keep in mind aB was always launched first OSing dF about half the time could translate to a better winrate against another player, and it would only really burst if I nailed the launch with dF. What was bizarre to me however, was that most of these outspins were not very close despite how even they seemed to be percentage wise (meaning, one would usually outspin the other with plenty of spin left, but 7 to 8 is a pretty even match in terms of who gets the outspin if that makes sense).  

Ark Bahamut 7 Revolve vs. Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Atomic
aB.7.R: 1 win (OS)
dF.7G.At: 19 wins (2 KO, 11 OS, 6 Burst)
Ark Bahamut win rate: 5%
Average aB Teeth skipped: 2.3

Not sure why, but 7 got completely trashed here. Most of the time dF had plenty of spin left after OSing aB, maybe my best-balance aB.K.R just has more Stamina than my best-balance aB.7.R, or maybe 7 is just easier to destabilize since it's a bit more compact than Knuckle.

After this, I tried changing aB's Driver to Orbit to help against the destabilization and bursting issues. The first combo I tried was aB.D.O, but I only played about 5 or 6 rounds before scrapping the test. aB barely skipped any Teeth, but Down just doesn't have the Stamina to compete anymore and it was getting outspun even worse than aB.7.R was. Changed the Disk to 7G to see if that would fix things.

Ark Bahamut 7Glaive Orbit vs. Drain Fafnir 7Glaive Atomic
aB.7G.O: 4 wins (all OS)
dF.7G.At: 16 wins (15 OS, 1 Burst)
1 tie (DBF) redone
Ark Bahamut win rate: 20%
Average aB Teeth skipped: 1.2

It seemed like the difference in Stamina between aB and dF wasn't enough to overcompensate for the difference in Stamina between Atomic and Orbit. A lot of these were close, but Atomic would usually get the last rotation thanks to its amazing precession on its ring. Not entirely sure how the burst happened, there was like 3 small hits toward the beginning of the battle and aB just blew up.

I'm pretty confident in aB's uselessness after these tests, it wasn't too great at filling the one role I thought it had potential in (dF hard counter), and I don't think there's anything it can do that dF can't do better (except maybe beat left spin Attack, but I was still getting passable results vs nL and lS with a weak launched dF).
thanks for making sure I don't have to continue this.
Wow I was right about aB on Revolve (I even entered @[TL14]'s CBT with it). But I imagined it as more of stamina type that can burst right spin and OS Drain.