TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

(May. 09, 2015  3:07 AM)Leone19 Wrote: All the talk of breaking made me imagine something straight out of a horror film:

A Burst Beyblade with gold plastic syndrome.

(Shudders)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8

*crrrunch*
(May. 09, 2015  6:24 PM)Team Meteor Wrote:
(May. 07, 2015  9:30 PM)stephen siegel Wrote: So i found this on ebay
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121635543737?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

It can be fake

It's a preorder.... By someone well known on this site.
Is there a possibility of your opponents and yours beyblade bursting at the same time and then let's say they have some of the same parts or it's a mirror match, and you can't identify which is yours? Are we allowed to put markings on them with lets say a sharpie?
If they're the same parts, assuming the wear isn't significant (if it is, the parts would probably be distinguishable anyway), why does it matter which part you get?
(May. 10, 2015  6:38 AM)Dual Wrote: If they're the same parts, assuming the wear isn't significant (if it is, the parts would probably be distinguishable anyway), why does it matter which part you get?

I don't know, it's weird for me. I just like having the part that I purchased with my own money.
(May. 10, 2015  6:44 AM)egg shmack Wrote:
(May. 10, 2015  6:38 AM)Dual Wrote: If they're the same parts, assuming the wear isn't significant (if it is, the parts would probably be distinguishable anyway), why does it matter which part you get?

I don't know, it's weird for me. I just like having the part that I purchased with my own money.

Well you could look at the plastic "weaves" to distinguish which is yours, I tend to do that.

There could also be significant weight variations between some of the same parts. Someone might be purposely using a version of a part that is abnormally heavy or performs better due to some unseen mold difference, so obviously they would not want to lose that.
(May. 10, 2015  7:39 AM)Kei Wrote:

There could also be significant weight variations between some of the same parts. Someone might be purposely using a version of a part that is abnormally heavy or performs better due to some unseen mold difference, so obviously they would not want to lose that.

So can I mark mine with sharpie? Like a little dot or line?
(May. 10, 2015  8:03 AM)egg shmack Wrote: So can I mark mine with sharpie? Like a little dot or line?

Yeah, that should be fine since it won't affect performance.
thats great now we can become more powerfull get big guys downEeeEeeEeeEeeEeeEee
Has anyone considered the possibility of hold-strength on these beys? Maybe some can take more punishment than others?
(May. 10, 2015  10:57 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Has anyone considered the possibility of hold-strength on these beys? Maybe some can take more punishment than others?

Depending on whether or not that fastening ring of plastic in the driver is a low-friction material, different to the rest of the top, then the hold-strength may vary according to mold variations.

This is dangerous speculation but it is the best answer I could slap together. Tongue_out
Just thinking of this, a bit off topic.

Draco Spin snap together like these. Only they are harder to take apart, and spin like MFB/Plastic beyblades. They're a knockoff of beyblades. They also have 3 pieces.

Probably a bit off topic, just noticed that they are similar with something together.
It seems the domain name "www.beybladeburst.com" was purchased/created on April 16th and is pointing towards hasbro.com nameservers. This obviously indicates that Hasbro intends to release the series eventually, and it means they are being more proactive this time since during the previous generation they did not even bother to purchase the domains related to each specific series (beyblademetalfusion.com, beybladeshogunesteel.com, etc).

Not exactly groundbreaking information, but since we don't have a comment from Hasbro yet about a release of the series, and since we now know that they are associating themselves with the name "Burst", it is somewhat significant. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't change the name or functionality of the series, though.
Interesting to see, good find.

Part of me thinks it may mean we could get this sooner than we may have thought or just that the companies want the domain before someone else were to take them, which is probably the case.
With the Beylogger I wonder can I keep up with my wins on my Android phone without buying an Iphone or a tablet....
can't believe you guys didn't get the beybladeburst.com url lol
(May. 11, 2015  7:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: can't believe you guys didn't get the beybladeburst.com url lol

DJ - Sad.

I was so mad! I didn't even think of it until yesterday.
Great News for North America I went to check who Register the domain ....Hasbro did it..... Yes You guys were right

https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?do...lyI1QWTf1D

this could mean our assumption Beyblade Burst is coming to North America probably Spring 2016/2017 ?
Let's wait and see.
It was registered for Hasbro my Mark Monitor, a company that protects names and such for other companies. Them purchasing it just means no one else can have it for the moment. Hasbro may or may not have plans for Burst, but Mark Monitor makes sure to snag stuff they tell them to just in case.
Actually when we saw it a few hours ago was showing all the details, not shows mark Monitor but the servers are hasbro, and was showing the email domains@hasbro.com.
Aight guys, I came back just too check this out - look pretty cool, glad they thought of another gimmick (exploding), but in doing so they had to take away some of the delicacy that comes with (was it 5?) layers of parts to a beyblade, therefore they're taking away 2 layers of customization (which I'm sure we can almost all agree is the best part about the franchise - the customization). I honestly do not think it is worth to decrease the beyblade to consist of 3 parts rather than 5 just so that they can explode without breaking, plus we all know they will still break more than previously.
The point is what will happen is it will re-attract a new younger audience who will gain a reasonable amount of interest because as a base idea it's great - it could be a new world-wide 'fad'. After that though everyone will get bored because there's no depth to their 'engineering', there are only some many combos that can be made, and I'm pretty sure someone will find the best combo sooner rather than later, since it almost completely comes down to the combination of parts now.
(May. 12, 2015  10:27 AM)Luck Wrote: [Snipped]

As more Beys are released, more customizations will become more readily available. As Kai-V previously stated, there were really only 3(and sometimes 4) parts that mattered in MFB anyway, as Clear Wheels were mostly negligible in terms of performance effect, aside from a few exceptions. 3 parts is more than enough for now, and as Kai-V also stated, Beys will likely continuously be released with ever-better parts, so there is no "best combo", just like with MFB.
(May. 12, 2015  10:27 AM)Luck Wrote: plus we all know they will still break more than previously.

Can I ask how we all know this? Have any of use actually TOUCHED one of these new Beys, let alone seen one in person?

Don't jump the gun here. We have no idea what the quality is like yet.
Takara is a very good qualty company. I'm sure they thought beforehand that if they are making a dissambeling type series that it needs to be parts that can withstand enough impact not to completely shatter.

But even then, it's a Beyblade series. Parts are bound to break. That's innescapable.