TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

(Apr. 29, 2015  5:33 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: BLADER DJ IS ALIVE. BEYSPIRIT IS ALIVE. THE TRUE MASTER OF THE WBO IS STILL ALIVE.

IF THE BEY LIVE, I LIVE~!!

(Apr. 29, 2015  7:20 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Damn! I missed the Unicorn of members!

WHAT IS YOUR MEANING ?

I THINK MISTAKE UNICORN FOR UNICOLYON, MR.JINBEY ?!!
Blader DJ quoted one of my messages. My life is now complete.
Glad to see the Blader DJ is back!!

As far as the whole NFC technology thing goes, I highly doubt they would include that technology within the beyblade itself. That might be too expensive, and could prove to be a problem if people wanted to sell/trade/customize their beys or simply just upgrade to a better model. Honestly, the whole idea of an NFC chip in the beyblade simply seems outlandish to me.

But hey, I guess I could be wrong.
(Apr. 29, 2015  8:40 PM)Blader DJ Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2015  5:33 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: BLADER DJ IS ALIVE. BEYSPIRIT IS ALIVE. THE TRUE MASTER OF THE WBO IS STILL ALIVE.

(Apr. 29, 2015  7:20 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Damn! I missed the Unicorn of members!

WHAT IS YOUR MEANING ?

Ah we can never catch you, just like we can't catch Unicolyon.

I have just been quoted by him... WOOHOO! I screenshot this.

Anyway, I want to know how these Beyblades do against Plastics, can't wait.
(Apr. 29, 2015  5:30 AM)Blader DJ Wrote: AND NOW THE MY CHANCE IS HERE TO TAKARA HIRE ME BACK !!

Aw man, I love it when Blader DJ drops in. I hope you get your job back Grin
(Apr. 29, 2015  8:40 PM)Blader DJ Wrote:

WHAT IS YOUR MEANING ?

ALL SHALL HAIL BLADER DJ, THE ONLY PERSON ON THE INTERNET WHO CAN SPEAK IN ALL CAPS!
(Apr. 29, 2015  10:12 PM)S8 Wrote: Glad to see the Blader DJ is back!!

As far as the whole NFC technology thing goes, I highly doubt they would include that technology within the beyblade itself. That might be too expensive, and could prove to be a problem if people wanted to sell/trade/customize their beys or simply just upgrade to a better model. Honestly, the whole idea of an NFC chip in the beyblade simply seems outlandish to me.

But hey, I guess I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly, NFC chips themselves are actually quite cheap, like a few cents each, its the readers that cost quite a bit normally, though with all the skylanders and stuff like them this technology is quickly getting cheaper. It might not even be that long till such chips can be readily implanted, then we have the whole futurama job chip thing.
That is very cool I can't believe the futher is here Smile
idk....it is still somewhat weird....i mean those beys dont have any faces right? (or there are?)
that would be a bit hard to digest
but they look heavy and so i bet they might feel quite like diablo nemesis in hand

Well gotta wait until i get a real one in my hands XDD
(Apr. 15, 2015  2:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Great news. They remind me of the first few plastic releases, with few parts. They look like alot of fun. If the rankings are like the Beypointer, I question the accuracy, haha.

I wonder if when Hasbro release them, if the explosion gimmick will be taken away or altered.

Also should remind you of Zero-G with the stadium thought it does not move I think.
(May. 01, 2015  12:03 PM)GrandAquario Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2015  2:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I wonder if when Hasbro release them, if the explosion gimmick will be taken away or altered.

Also should remind you of Zero-G with the stadium thought it does not move I think.

I own the zero g stadium from hasbro, it moves but nowhere near the amount of Takara's. Though I have no doubt Hasbro will use the gimmick when the system is designed around it, it's what they do to the stadiums that's important at this point.
I certainly hope Hasbro doesn't wimp out and get rid of the gimmick; as much as I'd rather Takara had stuck with the original form of gameplay, if Hasbro removes the burst gimmick, Takara and Hasbro tops won't be compatible for competitive play, which will make tournaments ridiculously irritating (we'd essentially have to create 2 new formats to accommodate for both brands).

Also, has anyone seen that they're selling these things on ebay? Not sure if they're legit or not. The starters are like 40+ dollars.

Also, don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but this video gives a closer look at the burst gimmick, and some nice close-up shots of Valkarie. I watched it in slow motion multiple times, and I still have no ideas as to how the burst function actually works.

It was kind of discouraging to watch; it seems as if the tops explode pretty easily (although, there was one match that ended in a KO, and its very possible that the channel selectively chose footage that demonstrated the burst gimmick and left out the matches that ended in KO or OS. Also might be good to keep in mind that Valkarie is obviously the most aggressive of the new tops, and it could just be that Spriggan is particularly vulnerable to exploding).

Either way, now that I've seen them close up these things actually look kind of cool.
They're selling them on Ebay!? Already?? Link? I wanna buy those ASAP!

We've seen that video already, but there's something I noticed that I didn't see previously. On the second match they showed, both Beys were clearly wobbling and about to fall over before Spriggan exploded. It's hard to tell if they had just been weak-launched or if they had actually been spinning for a while, but this gave me a thought I hadn't previously come upon - what if the Beys are more vulnerable to bursting the slower its spinning? That would make more sense, when you think about it. Also, did anyone notice on the first battle that Spriggan is already wobbling pretty aggressively for a Bey that was just launched? It seems definitely apparent that the Beys were weak-launched for the purpose of the show.

EDIT: Just checked Ebay, they do look legit and the seller has 100% positive feedback according to his description. He mentions getting them at a better price, but I'm not sure how to contact him Uncertain
(May. 01, 2015  6:11 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: I certainly hope Hasbro doesn't wimp out and get rid of the gimmick; as much as I'd rather Takara had stuck with the original form of gameplay, if Hasbro removes the burst gimmick, Takara and Hasbro tops won't be compatible for competitive play, which will make tournaments ridiculously irritating (we'd essentially have to create 2 new formats to accommodate for both brands).

For the purposes of this discussion, consider how all Hasbro spin-offs are banned - they didn't get their own format. Is burst itself not just Takara's version of a spin-off? Are we really obliged to accommodate that by default?

Dedicated bladers today still want good games of Beyblade. Judging by many of the replies on this thread, I expect they want it more than novel gimmicks. Are these new tops really going to give you the solid gameplay structure you get from standard and limited?

It might seem obvious that a new Beyblade design from Takara-Tomy would definitely become a new format here on the WBO. It will, I'm sure. But honestly, I would not hold my breath waiting for results. Maybe the new format will linger for a while. But I think people need to be open minded about just exactly how much burst play will be happening in the tournament scene. Specially seeing as these won't officially hit the West for some time.
(May. 01, 2015  6:11 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: I certainly hope Hasbro doesn't wimp out and get rid of the gimmick; as much as I'd rather Takara had stuck with the original form of gameplay, if Hasbro removes the burst gimmick, Takara and Hasbro tops won't be compatible for competitive play, which will make tournaments ridiculously irritating (we'd essentially have to create 2 new formats to accommodate for both brands).

Personally, I don't think they will. I'm sure Hasbro already recognized, if not, will recognize, that kids ages 8-13 would probably really like the burst gimmick, rather than some matches ultimately coming down to pure stamina. I'm sure from Metal Fight Beyblade on words to Zero-G, Hasbro noticed that most kids (including me, admittedly) have a pretty short attention-span. Just my take on this though, as this huge toy company being Hasbro would want the best for the audience.

I for one, am really not such a big fan of it. It has probably already been mentioned here that this eliminates the overall result of pure stamina, defensive, or for that matter, rather rare occasions where an attack versus attack match comes down to outspin. I agree on TBD's speculation of Spriggan being prone to exploding, but from what we've seen so far, that's really not the case.

A pretty solid point Beylon made as well, which goes back to what I mentioned: will Beyblade Burst offer the solid gameplay (well - generally solid) of our format? I think that for the most part, we can easily determine what would happen if it were something like a synchromed Revizer defense combo placed with RDF against something like Balro Balro or Flash attack. But, would this be the case with this new series? Will strong hits that attack makes against defense cause an explosion? Will defense like it is now be able to withstand them?
Welp, once rubber parts hit the shelves, we know the metagame is messed up; RUBBAH WILL KILL 'EM ALL!!!!
.......*\(._.)/*......
...........|_|..........
.........._||_.........

Also, has anyone seen that they're selling these things on ebay? Not sure if they're legit or not. The starters are like 40+ dollars.

Also, don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but this video gives a closer look at the burst gimmick, and some nice close-up shots of Valkarie. I watched it in slow motion multiple times, and I still have no ideas as to how the burst function actually works.

It was kind of discouraging to watch; it seems as if the tops explode pretty easily (although, there was one match that ended in a KO, and its very possible that the channel selectively chose footage that demonstrated the burst gimmick and left out the matches that ended in KO or OS. Also might be good to keep in mind that Valkarie is obviously the most aggressive of the new tops, and it could just be that Spriggan is particularly vulnerable to exploding).

Either way, now that I've seen them close up these things actually look kind of cool.

Only the first two because they come with beyloggers but yeah it is a mark up of like nearly $11 before shipping which is a bit expensive. However it is Oki and they'll probably come down a few dollars once they're released and other sellers on ebay have them.
I just don't know what to say but this is frickin' awesome.

Carp, if that cool stadium extends to be used with Metal Fight Beyblades [hopefully and/or if that is at all possible] I'm rooting for this return to glory!
I think from what we've seen in battles, Spriggan is definitely being used to demonstrate the Burst gimmick, probably because he's generally weaker top/more prone to Burst- kind of like in a demonstration of having a KO in MFB- you'd use some Stamina combination against an Attacker- showing how KO's can happen. I feel like that's what's going on here- they're using a top or tops (Spriggan, in this case) to show how the Burst works (especially since it's the main selling point of the line)- if that makes any sense, haha.
(May. 02, 2015  12:18 AM)Beylon Wrote: For the purposes of this discussion, consider how all Hasbro spin-offs are banned - they didn't get their own format. Is burst itself not just Takara's version of a spin-off? Are we really obliged to accommodate that by default?

Dedicated bladers today still want good games of Beyblade. Judging by many of the replies on this thread, I expect they want it more than novel gimmicks. Are these new tops really going to give you the solid gameplay structure you get from standard and limited?

It might seem obvious that a new Beyblade design from Takara-Tomy would definitely become a new format here on the WBO. It will, I'm sure. But honestly, I would not hold my breath waiting for results. Maybe the new format will linger for a while. But I think people need to be open minded about just exactly how much burst play will be happening in the tournament scene. Specially seeing as these won't officially hit the West for some time.

No, we aren't obligated to accommodate them, and no, judging by what we've seen so far, it doesn't look like the gameplay will be very solid, but we can't change the fact that, whether we like it or not, Beyblade Burst is likely going to become the new standard in competitive play, simply by virtue of its availability. It will likely overtake MFB, the same way MFB overtook Plastics and HMS.

If we want this community to grow, we're gonna have to appeal to a wider audience of bladers, and the best way to do that is to appeal to the new releases.

Plus, while there is a gimmick involved, I wouldn't call this a spinoff. At the very least, it's definitely nothing like the spinoffs Hasbro has come up with.

Again, I feel like we're kind of jumping the gun on this one, guys - I can understand being skeptical of this new style of gameplay (I definitely am), but we shouldn't toss the new system out the window before we've even tried it out.

I don't have a problem with Beyblades exploding. I actually think it's insanely cool, but there has to be an element of strategy involved. If Defense can't avoid exploding against Attack customs, or if Stamina customs explode on contact with Defense customs, the game will be ruined. If however, that element of strategy can be maintained, this could be a really cool new format.

Here's the only way I could think of that this new system could retain an element of competitiveness: Attack is designed to cause Stamina to burst, Defense is designed to resist exploding against Attack customs, but is not designed to cause other tops to burst, and Stamina is designed to OS Defense.

Essentially, the Burst Finish becomes the new KO.

Other than that, I don't see how they can prevent this new system from either being dominated completely by Attack customs, or being almost completely dependent on luck.

But again, only time (and testing) will tell.
It's cool that they are making a new generation, don't know too much about these new beyblades but I don't mind checking them out.
I wanna get me some of these too! these do look cool for an idea.
(May. 01, 2015  7:09 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: EDIT: Just checked Ebay, they do look legit and the seller has 100% positive feedback according to his description. He mentions getting them at a better price, but I'm not sure how to contact him Uncertain

sure those eBay pre-order sale are legit, coz I am the one who do those sale.
and to get them for a better, like I wrote on the description
it's to directly buy them from my site, where I already gave the links for all of them in my thread special Beyblade Burst in on WBO.
http://tokutakutoys-bey.ocnk.biz/product-list/133
Beyblade Burst is so awesome!!!

This time, the third generation of beyblade is so advanced!!Can't wait to play with it!
(May. 05, 2015  10:34 AM)OkinawamTS Wrote:
(May. 01, 2015  7:09 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: EDIT: Just checked Ebay, they do look legit and the seller has 100% positive feedback according to his description. He mentions getting them at a better price, but I'm not sure how to contact him Uncertain

sure those eBay pre-order sale are legit, coz I am the one who do those sale.
and to get them for a better, like I wrote on the description
it's to directly buy them from my site, where I already gave the links for all of them in my thread special Beyblade Burst in on WBO.
http://tokutakutoys-bey.ocnk.biz/product-list/133
I just got a see on the link and you have already some items in stock?! how its possible?